剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
Because I noticed the characteristic papular lesions.
我发现皮肤上有典型的泡疹
They're very tender.
它们非常容易破掉
Approximately 2 centimeters in diameter.
直径大约2厘米
You realize the tanapox virus is endemic to equatorial Africa.
你要知道塔那痘病毒 是非洲靠近赤道附近的地方病
Yes.Have you enjoyed your many visits to equatorial Africa
是的 你去了那么多次 旅途愉快吗
I've never been there.
我从来没去过
Ah. Then perhaps
呃 这样的话
you can see the outline of our problem, Mr. Morgan.
你应该可以看出 我们的麻烦所在了吧 Mr.Morgan
Look, it's not my fault.
可这不是我的错
I go to the library,
我去图书馆
and I read books.
查资料
And I try to understand how I might get better,
我想知道 怎样才能好起来
but sometimes, the books, they scare me even more
可有时侯书里的内容 反而让我更害怕了
because they describe diseases I didn't even know I had.
他们总是能描述出那些连我自己 都不知道已经得了的病
Maybe I am a hypochondriac.
大概我是有忧郁症
What do you take for that
你怎么想
Miss Colson, I have never been in a fight before.
Colson小姐 我之前从来没有打过架
Okay, we need to be able to call a witness or two
这样 我们要找一两个证人
who can speak to your nonviolent character.
谁能来证明你并不暴♥力♥
Well, I told you, my mother.
我妈妈可以
Mothers tend to come off as biased.
母亲有偏袒嫌疑 最好不要
There's gotta be somebody else.
应该还有其他人的
Friends, coworkers. There's gotta be somebody.
朋友 同事 一定还有
Well, I live at home, I work at home, I hardly ever go out.
可我在家住 在家工作 我几乎不出门的
My mother's the only one
我妈妈是唯一能
but I gotta warn you,
但我要提前警告你
she doesn't make the best impression.
她的形象不是很好
What do you mean
什么意思
Well, she's got a glass eye.
她有一个玻璃假眼
And it doesn't fit so good, and when she gets upset
尺寸不太合适 所以她一激动
if you put her on the stand,
如果你让她出庭作证
don't get her upset.
不要惹她发怒
I went up to the bar to get a few drinks,
我去吧台拿些喝的
and when I turned around, that's when I saw, uh,
我转过身就看到 唔
Jared and him exchanging words.
Jared和他在吵架
And I could tell it wasn't friendly.
我看得出他们言词不善
By him
他
The defendant.
就是被告
So I started heading back, and the place was really packed.
我开始往回走 那里非常拥挤
So I was kinda blocked.
我被堵住了
That's when I saw Jared push him,
那时看到Jared在推他
and then Jared took a swing, and
然后Jared挥了一拳 然后
That was it.
就这样了
What was it
什么样了
Tell us what you saw.
告诉我们你所看到的
The defendant, he just threw a punch right at Jared's throat,
被告就朝Jared喉咙猛击了一下
and Jared collapsed to the ground.
Jared就瘫倒在地了
When I got there,
我赶到那时
he was hardly breathing, and
他呼吸很困难 而且
he was making, like, a sucking noise.
他嘴里不断发出倒抽气的声音
And then he just stopped breathing.
最后他停止了呼吸
And I tried to do mouth-to-mouth,
我试过人工呼吸
and so did another guy who said he knew CPR, but he
有个说会CPR的人也尝试了 可他
He just died right there on the floor.
他只是躺在那里 死了
Okay.
好的
Now, Mr. Quinlan, this is important.
Quinlan先生 这很关键
Describe the punch as best you can.
尽可能的详细描述那一个猛击
It was a short, direct punch, and I could .
很短促 直接的击打 我可以
and I could tell by the way he was holding his hand
我可以从他握拳的姿势
and how he threw the punch that he knew martial arts.
和他出拳样子 知道他会武术
It was a kill punch.
那是致命的一击
Objection Sustained.
反对 反对有效
Why, in your lay opinion, sir, did you regard it as a kill punch
根据你的说法 为什么你会认为那是致命的一击
Objection.Overruled.
反对 反对驳回
He can answer.
他可以回答
By hitting the throat, you can make it collapse,
攻击对方的喉咙 会导致喉部的衰竭
and then the person suffocates.
受击打者就会窒息
Which is exactly what happened.
就像已经发生的那样
Okay.
谢谢
You didn't actually see the altercation begin.
你并没有看到争吵的开始
You turned around, and they were having words.
你只是转过身 看到他们正在说话
That's right. You couldn't hear what was said
是的 你听不到他们在说什么
No.Mr. Quinlan, when the police arrived and questioned you,
是的 Mr.Quinlan 警♥察♥在现场做笔录时
did you tell them that you recognized my client's punch
你有否说过我委托人的那一拳
as a form of martial arts
是武术里的一种拳法
No, I was probably
没有 我不肯定
Did you demonstrate to them the fist you just made for the jury
你有否对警方描述了那一拳 就像你刚才对陪审团说的那样
I was too shook up.
我当时太震惊了
In fact, you made no mention of martial arts
事实上你从未提到过武术二字
until after it was published in the newspapers.
直到这两个字被印上了报纸
And when I read it, it clicked.
当我读到的时候 这两个字提醒了我
It all made perfect sense, because that's what I saw.
它很恰当 就像我所看到的那样
You just forgot to mention it
所以当你面对警方详细询的时候
when the police specifically asked you what you saw.
你只是忘记提到了那一拳
How many beers had you had that night, sir
请问那晚你喝了多少啤酒
Three.How many beers had Jared Grant had
3瓶 Jared Grant喝了多少
Three.So you admittedly couldn't hear the exchange,
3瓶 所以 你承认没有听到他们的争吵
you admittedly didn't see the altercation begin,
也承认没看到争执的开始
and you'd been drinking.
而且你还喝了酒
Certainly no one could anticipate Edwin Poole's illness.
没有人能预计Edwin Poole的病
This unanticipated illness occurred weeks ago.
这个病几周前就发作了
You come to me the day before the trial
你们在庭审前一天才来找我
The simple truth is, this one fell through the cracks.
实际上这是我们的工作疏忽
The plaintiff has witnesses from out of town.
起诉方的证人有些是从城外赶来的
We'd be willing to assume those costs.
我们非常乐意补偿这些损失
Gee, what a swell bunch of guys.
天啊 多么自大的一群人
Your honor oh, no, no, no, I'm sick of this.
法官阁下 哦不 不 不 我最讨厌这样的
Your firm has employed a strategy systemic heel-dragging.
你们在用拖延策略
It is immoral.Edwin poole is the only one who know
这不符职业道德 Edwin poole是唯一一个知道
Whose fault is that
这是谁的错
You people should be sued for malpractice.
你们自己玩忽职守
Brian, you and I have a relationship.
Brian 你和我有交情
I think of you as a friend.
我把你当朋友
Well, that friendship has gotta take a back seat to principle, I'm sorry.
不过交情排在原则的后面 抱歉
Well, you know, Brian, given our relationship,
Brian 你知道 考虑到我们的关系
I feel entitled to be honest the way friends are during difficult times.
我觉得当友谊陷入困境时 我应该坦诚相待
Can I be honest with you, Brian
我能对你坦诚吗 Brian
Denny Please. Denny
请说
You're a bastard, and a greedy one at that.
你是个混♥蛋♥ 还是个贪婪的混♥蛋♥
This is a class action.
这是件共同起诉案
You get credit for all the consolidated cases in one fell swoop.
合并审判 一下解决这么多案子让你大受赞赏
You're looking to make presiding judge.
你正在谋求首席法官的位置
You need that credit by calendar year's end.
所以年终你更需要建功立业
That's why you're desperate to move this thing forward, to pad your docket.
所以你急切的要案子进行 来装饰你的诉讼记录
This is about ambition, not morality, you greedy, sniveling little wop.
这是野心 不是道德 你是个贪婪的流着鼻涕的小人
Motion for continuance denied.
延期申请不通过
You know what I'm gonna do, Brian,
你知道我要怎么做吗 Brian
just to show you there are no hard feelings
为了证明我俩没伤到和气
I'm gonna sleep with your wife.
我要和你的妻子上♥床♥
It is our recommendation that you discharge us as counsel.
我们建议要么你解雇我们
Ask the judge for time to find new attorneys.
向法官请求时间找新律师
The only alternative is proceeding tomorrow,
或者明天照常继续
which I don't think we want to do.
我估计没人这样希望
Edwin Poole never even gave us this trial date.
Edwin Poole从来没有告诉我们 审理的日期
He told us it was continued indefinitely.
他说还没确定
Which is why we're suggesting that you discharge us.
所以我们建议你解雇我们
He has got to give you time to find new counsel.
法官必须给你时间找新律师
You have to handle this, Sally. Me
Sally 这次必须你来 我
Look, I have this thing about glass eyes.
瞧 我对玻璃眼球有心理障碍
I once had a teacher with a glass eye,
我有个老师也这样
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表