剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
I've known you for a long time, and I like you.
我们认识很长时间 我也喜欢你
I don't want you to die.
我不想你死
What are you doing now
你要去做什么
Going to raise a ruckus. Care to join me
找人吵架 想参加吗
No, thanks.
不了
You want something
有事情吗
Nothing.
没什么
Tara, clearly you want something.
Tara 很显然你有事
I just came to tell you that we won our motion,
我只是来告诉 我们申辩成功了
which is fabulous.
感觉很棒
Our client gets to keep a bullet in his chest,
但我们的委托人胸口还有颗子弹
and he's probably gonna die.
并且可能因此丧命
But a victory is a victory, right
但是赢了就是赢了 对不对
You really think he's gonna die
你真的认为他会死
The thing is in his chest.
子弹留在他的胸口
The doctor says if it isn't removed
医生说如果不取出来
Self-imposed death sentence in order to avoid a prison sentence.
为了逃避牢狱之灾将自己的生命置之不顾
The irony is palpable.
真是讽刺
I agree, and yet he is stuck.
我同意 现在他进退不得
Or not.
未必
And this is
这是什么
The discretionary option.
一个自♥由♥的选择
My deputy gave me a full report.
我的代理人给我看了完整的报告
Needless to say, I'm outraged.
很显然这让我很震惊
That's refreshingly humane of you.
您还有仁慈之心 真让人振奋
I don't follow.
我不明白
Perhaps I don't follow. I was quite explicit in my order.
也许是我不明白 我的命令很明确
Four continuous hours in front of the building.
在那栋建筑前 4小时不停 来回走动
Your guy barely lasted 20 minutes.
而你的委托人坚持了还不到20分钟
At which point he was attacked with a glass bottle,
那是因为他被玻璃瓶砸中
sending him to the emergency room with a gaping wound in his head.
脑袋开花 必须马上送去急诊室
Do you know what my mother would call you
你知道我母亲怎么说你这种人吗
A namby-pamby, weak and spineless,
装腔作势 弱懦无能 毫无骨气
bellyaching about some trumped-up medical excuse.
编造医疗事故做借口不停抱怨
Well, your guy's in violation of his sentence.
你的委托人违反了对他的判决
Your honor, is sometng not registering
阁下 难道我没说清楚吗
Walter Mack was attacked.
Walter Mack受到了攻击
Next time, it could be considerably worse.
下次后果可能会更严重
If you're so worried, take an extra marshal.
如果你这么担心 再带上一个法警
But I want him back out there today or the plea agreement is tossed.
但今天他必须回去那里 不然认罪无效
Is that understood
明白了吗
It is not, not at all.
一点都不明白
Goodbye, Mr. Shore.
再见 Mr. Shore
I don't know what to do.
我不知道该做什么
I just feel so helpless.
只是觉得很无助
What about Alan Shore
找过Alan Shore了吗
What about him
为什么找他
He's been known to
他一向都能
accomplish things. Maybe you should seek his help.
解决问题 也许你应该请他帮你
You're not gonna find him.
可现在找不到他
Oh, Alan Shore is taking judge Brown before a disciplinary panel.
Alan Shore把Brown法官告到纪律委员会去了
When
什么时候
Now.
现在
Excuse me.
失陪
This is highly unusual, Mr. Shore,
Shore先生 这很不寻常
seeking to discipline a judge for imposing a sentence your client agreed to.
要求纪律惩戒法官 就因为他强制执行你委托人已经同意的判决
I suspect we'd all agree to a good beating in order to avoid a prison sentence,
我想为了避免牢狱之灾 谁都愿意挨打一顿
but, your honors, we're not in Singapore.
但阁下 这里不是新加坡
Still, given his consent
但是 考虑到他已经同意
He didn't consent to land in a hospital bed
他并未同意因此入院
with a concussion and 12 stitches across his skull.
脑震荡并且头部缝12针
And now, astonishingly, judge Brown expects him to go back for more.
而现在 不可思议的是Brown法官 居然想让他回去继续执行
Pardon the interruption, your honors.
阁下 很抱歉打断你们
Paul Lewiston of Crane, Poole & Schmidt.
我是Poole & Schmidt律师事务所的Paul Lewiston
A word with my colleague.
我要和我的同事说一句
Stop this now.
立刻停止
This doesn't concern you, Paul. You should leave immediately.
这与你无关 你最好马上离开
I am afraid Mr. Shore has inadvertently
我想Shore先生在本案中
overstepped his authority in regard to this matter.
无意间逾越了他个人的权限
Pursuant to a signed letter of retention, Walter Mack is in fact a client of our firm,
依照合同 Walter Mack是我们公♥司♥的客户
not Mr. Shore specifically. That's ridiculous.
而不是Shore先生个人的 荒谬
I have personally represented Walter Mack for years.
我个人代理Walter Mack好几年了
Crane, Poole & Schmidt bears no ill will toward judge Brown whatsoever,
Poole & Schmidt事务所对Brown法官没有任何恶意
nor do we seek to second-guess his sentencing of our client.
对他的判决也并无异议
And yet here I am, both second-guessing and bearing ill will.
但我在此 有异议还有恶意
Alan, you are out of line.You interrupt my hearing and accuse me of being
Alan 你过分了 你打断了我的听证会 还指责我..
Gentlemen, gentlemen.
先生们 先生们
Next time I suggest you settle on a position before convening an emergency panel.
下一次你们紧急召集委员会 我希望你们先决定好自己的立场
We are adjourned.
休会
In my courtroom, with your client, tomorrow.
明天 带你的委托人 到我办公室
Namby-pamby.
装腔作势
It's not my habit to ambush colleagues in the middle of a proceeding,
我并不喜欢在诉讼过程中冲进来攻击我的同事
but you gave me no choice, Alan.
但Alan 你让我没的选择
I cannot allow an associate to declare war on behalf of this firm,
我不能让一个同事以公♥司♥的名义
certainly not against a highly influential jurist.
和一名极有影响力的法理学家宣战
I'm giving notice. I believe two weeks is standard.
我要辞职 按标准提前两周通知你
Now step aside, Paul, before I push you to the ground and go to the bathroom on you.
靠边站 Paul 不然我把你打翻在地 拖进厕所
Lori Colson
Lori Closon在吗
She's out of the office.
她出去了
I got to see her.
我得见她
You got to call her. Please.
拜托帮我打她电♥话♥
Michael, are you all right
Michael 你还好吗
You look awful.
你看起来糟透了
I'm thinking that maybe we could get some kind of plea.
我想我现在得去认罪了
Is it too late
应该不算太迟吧
I don't know, but, Michael, we've got to get you to a hospital.
我不知道 但 Michael 现在你必须去医院
No, hey, no.
不 不要
I won't, okay I will die first.
我绝对不去 我宁愿去死
Michael. Oh, my god. Michael, sit down.
天呐 Michael 坐下
Sit down.
坐下
Stay there.Okay.
呆着别动 好的
Okay.
好的
I don't see a defendant, Mr. Shore.
Mr. Shore 我没看到被告
I'm sure we can drum one up. The building is teeming with them.
我肯定能抓一个来 这栋大楼里到处都是被告
I believe I made myself clear,
我想我的意思很明白
but perhaps an order of contempt will help move things forward.
但也许判你个蔑视法庭 会让事情顺利些
Your honor, if I could be berated in just a moment,
阁下 如果你马上要责备我的话
might we first take care of one brief ceremonial matter
我们可否先完成一个简短的仪式
Your mother has been waiting ever so patiently.
您的母亲一直在此耐心的等待
Excuse me
什么
Is this lovely woman not your mother
这位可爱的女士难道不是您母亲吗
Mother.
妈妈
What are you doing in my courtroom
你在我法庭上做什么
I was obviously thrilled to find her available to attend this long-overdue presentation,
我万分欣喜的发现令堂尚可以出席这场迟来的颁奖礼
which I am honored to make on behalf of the entire bar association,
我很荣幸的以律师协会
uh, subcommittee on judicial excellence to the honorable Clark Brown,
呃 下属的司法公正道德委员会 颁发给尊敬的Clark Brown
jurist, scholar, and humanitarian.
法理学家 学者以及人道主义者
May I approach You may not.
我能上前吗 不能
I think I will.
我想我可以
Many congratulations.
由衷的恭喜您
I take it this is your horrific penmanship.
我想这出自你那拙劣的笔迹吧
It is, but in my defense, I was driving to court at the time.
确实 不过容我解释 我当时在开车来上庭
And I suppose you think presenting me with some cockamamie award you invented
你以为颁发给我些你自己编造的奖项
is going to help your case.
会对你的案子有帮助
The award is for your mother, judge.
但这些荣誉是属于您母亲的
As for my case, as I see it,
就这件案子 就我而言
you can hold me in contempt, you can send my client to prison,
你可以判我蔑视法庭 可以将我的委托人关进监狱
and you can dream up elaborate and humiliating sentences ad infinitum,
可以想出更多精妙的污辱性判罚
but unfortunately,
但不幸的是
nothing that you do will negate the ego-crushing, utterly emasculating effect
无论怎样 你都无法抵消你母亲对你的影响 她粉碎了你的自尊
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表