剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
Shirley Shirley Because if you do,
因为如果你这么做
we are required by law to initiate certain procedures.
我们不得不按法律要求执行特定程序
It could get very messy for all involved.
对大家来说都是个麻烦事
Is that a threat
你是在威胁我
He is ultimately a benign man who we all happen to care about,
他本性纯良 我们都很关心他
including you.
你也不例外
I think what you really mean to do is to voice your concern unofficially.
我想你真正想做的 是非正式地表达你的担忧
I am making an official complaint.
我是在提出正式控诉
If there's paperwork to be filled out, please have the forms sent to my office.
如果有什么文件需要填写 请你送到我的办公室来
You little bitch.
真是个倔丫头
There is no evidence of you ever having had a gun before,
没有证据表明你曾经有过枪
or ever shooting one.
更没有开枪记录
Zeke
Zeke
I certainly don't wanna put words in your mouth,
我真的不想教你说什么
but if you have no memory of doing it
但是 如果你根本不记得杀了人
If you don't recant,
而你又不翻供
by this time tomorrow, you will be dead.
明天的这个时候 你就会死
I'm gonna be dead no matter what.
不管怎么样 我都会死
The question is, do I go with god on my side or not
我担心的是 主是否会站在我这边
From what little I know of god, Zeke, he's on your side no matter what.
以我对主的微薄了解 Zeke 无论如何 主都将站在你的一边
He also favors the side of truth.
但主更爱真理
Now, if the truth is you didn't do it
但是 如果事实是 你没有做过 .
I did drugs.
我嗑药了
I stole.
我还偷东西
I was a bad person.
我是个坏人
And now I need to be a strong person.
现在 我要表现得勇敢一点
I need to have courage now for once.
这次 我必须鼓起勇气
I'm gonna be brave.
我必须勇敢
After my marriage dissolved, my sexual desire became inflamed.
我的婚姻破裂之后 我的性需求非常强烈
I was in a few relationships,
我曾和一些人发生过性关系
and my appetite took on more the form of an addiction.
我的欲望比上瘾更为强烈
When you say addiction
你说的上瘾是
Now whenever I so much as look at an able-bodied man,
现在 不管何时 当看到强壮的男性
my southern region turns tropical.
我的下♥体♥就会变得兴奋
And this compulsion led you to male prostitutes
这种冲动导致你去找男妓
Where else was I to go
我还能去哪儿
I'm a 56-year-old woman.
我是个56岁的老女人
It's not as if I can walk into a bar, or
不能再进出酒吧 也没有
I suppose if I were in a relationship
固定的性♥伴♥侣♥
What the hell was that
这究竟是怎么回事
My southern region turns tropical, that little look to the judge
我的下♥体♥就会变得兴奋 再偷偷看向法官
Did you coach her to do that
是你教她这么做的
If the judge likes us, he gives us a good instruction.
如果法官倾向我们这方 他会暗中帮助我们
It's as simple as that. He might even give us a directed verdict.
就这么简单 他甚至可以给我们直接裁决
I'm sensing some intent issues with the prosecution's case.
在这个起诉案里 个人的倾向性会起作用
I can feel it.
我能感觉得到
The judge has intent issues.
法官 .倾向了我们这方
These judges are only human, Chelina.
法官也只是平凡人 Chelina
They certainly have to appreciate the possibility of his innocence here.
显然他们也该意识到 他有可能是无辜的
When I left this job, I told everybody it was because I wanted to make more money.
当初辞掉这份工作时 我告诉大家 因为我想赚更多的钱
The truth is I couldn't take it anymore.
事实上是 我坚持不下去了
I couldn't take seeing clients die.
我无法眼睁睁看着他们死
Did you win any
你没打赢过
Sometimes you must have prevailed.
有时你还是会成功的
I remember reading a death penalty was overturned here just last year.
我记得 去年这里有件死刑案上诉成功了
Yeah, a New York firm volunteered to handle it.
是的 纽约一家事务无偿办了那案子
It took them 10 years and cost $5 million.
花了10年 近500万美元
The state of Texas has the most overwhelmed and underfunded defense bar in the country.
对辩护律师的打击和资♥金♥短♥缺♥ Texas州是全国出了名的
They get $25,000 to appeal a death case.
一件死刑案的上诉 辩护律师预算是2万5
The prosecutors have an unlimited budget.
检控官却没任何上限
It's a joke, Alan. We have good grounds here,
这太荒谬了 Alan 事情没有那么糟糕
the trial lawyer has admitted he provided inadequate counsel.
Zeke的辩护律师也承认 他做的准备不足
Alan, this is the court that held a sleeping lawyer isn't necessarily inadequate.
Alan 这里的法庭认为 一个走神的律师未必是不称职的律师
You have to show he was sleeping during the important parts.
你得证明Zeke的辩护律师 在关键时刻走神了
You asked me before why Texas,
你之前问过我
instead of having a supreme court, it has two High courts
为什么Texas有两个高等法♥院♥ 而不是一个最高法♥院♥
The reason
理由是
is to speed up the death cases.
为了加快死刑案的审理
They've cut the time it takes to execute people in half.
他们把执行的时间缩短了一半
It's why Texas leads the country in executions proudly.
这就是Texas引以为傲的事 他们的死刑数量在全国领先
Seven of the nine judges you will face tomorrow are former prosecutors.
明天你将面对的9个法官中 有7个曾经担任过检查官
Hey. Hey. I promise you
我向你保证
by the time I finish tomorrow,
明天等我办完这个案子
those judges, every last one of them will rise up and say,
那些法官 他们所有人都会站起来怒吼
Never mind executing Ezekiel Borns, let's kill Alan Shore instead.
别管Ezekiel Borns的死刑了 还是杀了Alan Shore吧
I'm sorry.
对不起
Maybe we
也许我们
we should probably get back to work.
我们最好还是继续工作
Yeah.
好的
You told me there be a public presence here, Jerry. There's one protestor outside.
是你说有公众示♥威♥的 Jerry 现在外面只来了一个人
What am I gonna do, Chelina It's just not as big a story as it used to be.
我能怎么做 Chelina 这新闻不如以前那么新鲜了
We'd be better off with nobody than one.
就一个人 那还不如取消算了
I'll call you after.
一会再打给你
I told you you are not wearing that hat.
告诉你不要戴那帽子了
Take it off.
脱了
Listen, last night
听着 昨晚
sometimes lawyers will bond over a cause, and, well, I
有时候 律师会因为同病相怜而
Chelina,
Chelina
let's go argue the cause.
我们谈谈案子吧
Remember, this motion is a nuisance to them.
记住 他们很讨厌这种案子
They will antagonize you.
他们会对你有敌对态度
If you even feel yourself wanting to retaliate, you say,
如果你觉得你想要回敬他们 你就说
with all due respect, may it please the court.
冒昧说两句 但愿法庭会容许
Anything else
还有别的嘛
Persevere.
坚持到底
They will try to shut you down before you even begin.
一上来他们就会压制你 不给你机会
Persevere.
一定要坚持
I got it.
我知道了
There is no question that
毫无疑问
the defendant entered into a transaction for sex with someone for consideration.
被告走进风月场所做有偿性♥交♥易
However,
然而
one element of this crime is criminal intent.
本案关键在于犯罪倾向
The burden is on the prosecution to prove this element beyond all reasonable doubt.
检控方必须能够排除合理的怀疑
If a medical condition deprived the defendant of her free will,
如果一些医学原因使 被告作出违反她本意的事
or even unduly influenced her, she lacked that intent.
甚至对她有不正当的影响 那么被告不具备犯罪倾向
Since the prosecution failed to eliminate
既然检控方无法排除
hypersexuality or bipolar syndrome
性♥欲♥过度 躁郁证
or Kluver-Bucy syndrome as a cause for her conduct,
或Kluver-Bucy综合症 对其行为的影响力
well, then, I feel I have no choice but to deliver a verdict in favor of
那么 我不得不判决 获胜方是
the defendant.
被告
Miss Watson, you are free to go.
Watson女士 你可以走了
What
什么
You got to that judge.
你去找过法官
I don't know what you're talking about. You knew his ruling by heart.
我不知道你什么意思 你知道他的判决词
Boilerplate.A ruling that was ridiculously pro-defense.
他的判决词就是那几句 辩护前法官就已经做好了判决 太荒谬了
Denny Crane.
Denny Crane
What did you do, promise him a date with our client
你干了什么 安排他和当事人约会
First of all, I would never ever do anything like that, never.
首先 我不可能做这种事 绝对不会
Secondly, if I did, I would never ever tell you. Never.
再说 就算做了也不会告诉你 绝对不会
Third
另外
And you, was there any quid pro quo here
还有你 你提供了什么交换你的自♥由♥
How dare you Oh, never mind how dare me.
你怎敢这么说 哦 别管我敢不敢
You're a serial intercourser. That ruling was suspect.
你不介意和谁上♥床♥ 我怀疑这个裁决是怎么来的
Bribing a judge. Never did that.
竟然贿赂法官 从没这么做过
Well, the two of you are going to have to live with yourselves on this one.
你们俩以后会一直活在罪恶感里的
For now, like the judge says, you're free to go, as is your lip.
如法官所言 你可以走了 你愿意和谁上♥床♥就去吧
Ezekiel Borns Ezekiel Borns murdered a man in cold blood for a few dollars.
为钱残忍♥的杀害了一个人
He confessed to it.
他也认罪了
The petitioner has gone up and down state and federal courts,
上诉人 在州法♥院♥和联邦法♥院♥忙活着
exhausting his appeals,
竭尽所能的申诉
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表