剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
One could.
是可以这么说
Imagine the fun working together again.
想想又能一起工作的乐趣
It won't be fun.
不可能
There's only room for one at the mountaintop.
顶峰上只能站一个人
It's my mountain.
这是我的山峰
Denny
Denny
The judge just called us back.
法官刚刚传唤我们
Already
这么快
Is there any way that could be a good sign
有没有可能是好兆头
I was hoping to at least survive till the 6:00 news.
我原希望至少捱到晚间六点新闻
He called the police
他报♥警♥了
I'm afraid so. What do I do What do I do
我想是的 我该怎么办 我该怎么办
Well, Brazil come back to mind.
我又想到巴西了
Bernie, listen to me,
Bernie 听我说
if you were overcome, like you say, when this happened
如果当时你过激了 就像你说的
I was. I, I obviously had problems with her, Mr. Shore,
是这样的 我虽然对她有意见 Mr. Shore
but I truly never intended to kill her.
但我从没想要杀她
I did not conscious
我并不是有意的
If we could show heat of passion
如果能表明是一时冲动的
I never broken a law in my life. She just got me so enraged.
我一生中从未犯过法 只是她让我太生气了
God
上帝
my life is over.
我的人生完了
Mr. Ferrion Mr. Ferrion. What
什么事
I, uh,
我 uh
I'm very sorry to tell you,
我很抱歉通知您
your mother has passed away.
你的母亲刚刚去世了
I beg your pardon
什么
She went back to sleep, and she just quietly passed.
她入睡后就安静的走了
To be honest,
说实话
I might have a hard time finding Sudan on a map.
要在地图上找苏丹不容易
I certainly know they've got big problems,
我当然也知道他们的艰难境况
innocent people murdered every day, systemic rape, many of them children.
无辜生命每天惨遭杀害 大规模的强♥奸♥ 许多还是孩子
It's the worst humanitarian crisis in the world.
是世界上最严重的人道主义灾难
Please don't say but.
可别说但是
But
但是
why does every crisis automatically fall to the United states to solve
为什么每个灾难 都等着美国去解决
We've got Iraq, Iran, North Korea.
我们有伊♥拉♥克♥问题 伊朗问题 北朝鲜问题
and these are people who might murder us.
还有人想要杀害我们
We're supposed to tend to a bunch of Africans killing each other
我们还要去掺和 非洲人的互相厮杀吗
Why Because we're Americans
为什么 因为我们是美国人
The answer is
回答是
yes.
是的
Because we're Americans.
因为我们是美国人
Because we're a nation, perhaps the nation,
因为我们是一个 或许也该那个
that's supposed to give a damn.
会给予谴责的国家
What's going on is an organized extermination of an entire race of people.
现在所发生的是 有组织的灭绝全人类的种族
We're the country that's supposed to give a damn.
我们就该是插手的国家
Ms. Schmidt, Ms. Colson,
Ms. Schmidt Ms. Colson
your claim here most likely won't survive some re-judgment and,
你们的诉求 可能很难通过二审
maybe the American people don't care about what's happening over there, but,
美国人也许不在乎那里 发生了什么 但是
for today, here, now,
今天 这里 此刻
at least one federal court judge does.
至少一个联邦法官 在乎
Defendant's motion to dismiss
被告不予受理的请求
Denied
驳回
Can't believe it.
难以置信
Neither can I.
我也是
I thought perhaps I'd be relieved if she died.
我以为她死了 我会解脱
But the truth is, um,
但事实上是
she's all I really had.
她是我的一切
I lived with her.
我和她一起生活
I can't believe she's gone.
不敢相信她就这么去了
She looks at peace.
她看上去很安详
Though she did on the kitchen floor as well.
和她在厨房♥地上一样
Mr. Shore, can you make room for the possibility
Mr. Shore 您能相信吗
that I both killed my mother,
我杀了自己的母亲
and I'm devastated with losing her
同时又为失去她痛不欲生吗
I can.
我理解
I'm so sorry.
我非常抱歉
Mother, I'm so sorry.
妈妈 我很抱歉
Bernard Ferrion.
Bernard Ferrion
That's me.
我是
Kidding.
开玩笑
I'm Bernard Ferrion.
我是Bernard Ferrion
You're under arrest for the murder of Della Ferrion.
你因涉嫌谋杀Della Ferrion被逮捕
Please place our hands behind your back.
请将双手放到背后
Yes, sir. You have the right to remain silent.
是的 警官 你有权保持沉默
Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.
你所说的一切将成为呈堂证供
You have the right to hire an attorney and have him present before any questioning.
你有权请律师 并在讯问时要求他在场
If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you by the courts.
如果你负担不起律师 法庭将为你指派一名
You just waive your right to be silent, make a statement
你放弃在供诉前保持沉默的权利
32611, commonwealth vs Ferrion, charge of murder in the first.
联邦32611号♥ 控告Ferrion一级谋杀
Alan Shore appearing for the defendant. We'll waive reading.
Alan Shore辨方律师 开门见山
I'd ask that my client be released on his own recognizance.
我请求允许当事人保释自己
Opposed, the man is charged with homicide.
反对 这个人被指控谋杀
Bail would certainly He has no record, your honor.
保释应当 他没有前科 法官大人
He would be a threat to society. Nonsense.
他对社会造成威胁 一派胡言
He only kills mothers, allegedly. And he's fresh out of them.
他只杀了自己的母亲 对方说的 还只是初犯
Bail is set at $1 million. Let's conference tomorrow at 9:00 A.M.
保释金一百万 明天早上9点开会
We'll set up a trial schedule.
安排审讯计划
Wait, one second your honor.
等等 法官大人
It seems there's been a terrible mistake.
似乎有个严重的错误
My client never should have been arrested.
我的当事人不该被捕
Because There's no evidence.
因为 没有证据
According to the police report,
根据警方报告
there's been no determination of cause of death, no witnesses.
死因未定 也没有证人
The victim identified the defendant as the killer.
被害人证实被告就是凶手
That would be hearsay. It was a dying declaration,
那是传闻 是被害人的遗言
and therefore an exception to the hearsay rule.
属于传闻证据否定法的例外
For the dying declaration exception to apply,
遗言要被采用
the declarant must know he or she is about to die when making the statement.
立遗言人在做表述时 必须知道自己将要死去
Mrs. Ferrion was told by the doctor she was gonna survive.
而Mrs. Ferrion被医生告知 可以活下去
She never thought for a second she was gonna die.
她没想到过自己会死
Even so, your honor,
即使如此 法官大人
for her to incriminate her own son would be a declaration against her interest,
指控自己儿子的罪行有背她的利益
which would also qualify as an exception to the hearsay rule.
这也符合传闻证据否定法的例外
I refer your honor to officer Coulier's
法官大人 请看Coulier警官在
interviews with the neighbors noted at the bottom of the page.
此页底部记录的 和周围邻居的谈话
Mr. Ferrion was reportedly verbally abused by his mother.
据反映 Mr. Ferrion经常 被母亲羞辱
She would blame himfor anything that went wrong in her life.
她将生活中所有不顺 归咎于儿子
Well, here again, she was blaming him for the bump on her head.
你看 又一次 她将自己撞破脑袋 算到了儿子帐上
It was not a declaration against her interests,
这不是有违她利益的陈述
but just more of the same.
只是和往常一样
The court cannot be satisfied as to its reliability.
法庭不能采信
The hearsay rule very much applies.
绝对适用传闻证据否定
Is this all you've got, the statement of the victim
你们只有这个 受害者的陈述
We'll get more.
我们会找到更多的
Well, when you do, you can refile. Right now you've got nothing.
那等你找到了再来吧 现在你什么也没有
The victim's statement is inadmissible.
被害人陈述不足采信
The charges against Mr. Ferrion are dismissed without prejudice.
对Mr. Ferrion的控告驳回
I can't believe it. I just, I can't believe it.
我不敢相信 我真是 不敢相信
It's been an exciting week. Do you think they'll be back for me
真是刺♥激♥的一周 你认为他们再找上我吗
Frankly, Bernie, I don't think they'll get the evidence,
坦白地说 Bernie 我不认为他们找得到证据
which, I can see, brings you right back to.
把你逮回去
I can't believe it.
我不敢相信
May I say something else
我能说几句吗
I see in you, Bernie, an innately kind person.
在我看来 Bernie 你的天性善良
A man whose docile, gentle nature
温顺 温和
was worn down by a relentlessly mean, dark-hearted woman.
却被一个苛刻 刻薄 黑心肠的女人慢慢耗尽了
I could be wrong, but
也许我错了 但
I'm hoping
我希望
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表