剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
I'm in this for my life here.
我这么做是为了我的后半生
And you're supposed to be in this for my life, too.
你的责任也应该让你这么做
Well, I'm not.
我不会
Don't get me wrong, I will give you the very best defense I know how,
别误会 我会帮你做最好的辩护
but I will not allow myself to be in this for you.
但我不会允许自己做其他事情
I will play my part in a system
我会在我立志效忠的体系里
that I have an enormous allegiance to,
扮演好我的角色
but I will never be in this for you.
但是我决不会为你再做其他的
Hey.
嗨
That was pretty awesome today, Edwin.
你今天做的很棒 Edwin
People forget I'm a brilliant trial attorney.
人们都忘记我是个有才华的律师了
I can be nuts and still brilliant.
我可以是疯子 但依旧才华横溢
How do you feel about closing
结案陈词你要怎么做
If you can close like you crossed, then
如果你能像交叉询问那样陈词 那么
That was Perry's strength, you know, the closing.
Perry的强项 结案陈词
What do you think
你怎么想
I told the man I'd get him a not guilty,
我说过会让他无罪释放的
I might as well see it through.
我还是有始有终的好
It's hard, isn't it
这很难 不是吗
What is
什么很难
Coming to care for a person who committed such a heinous act.
帮助一个罪大恶极的人
It's hard to reconcile what we do and who we are sometimes.
有时候不违背自己的意志做事真的很难
I don't care about him.
我不是在乎他
I'm just doing a job.
我只是在做自己的工作
You know, in Perry's closings, he would point to the real killer.
你知道 当Perry做结案陈词时 他肯定会把矛头指向凶手
I don't suppose I should do that, should I
我要那么做吗
Tibbet's a good man, Alan, decent.
Tibbet是个好人 Alan 很正派
He was just doing his job.
他只是在做他的工作
Yes, he was, and so were you, and so was I.
是的 他是 你我都是
And after ambushing him, you can just shake it off
而你陷害他之后 就这么一走了之
I'm not shaking anything off.
我没那么做
Miles Tibbet had a very bad day.
Miles Tibbet今天过得很糟
I had a bad day, too, Alan.
我今天也很难熬 Alan
I was taken advantage of.
我被利用了
Or don't you considersending me
或者你根本就没考虑到我
to go hit on some guy at a bartaking advantage
这样不明不白地就被耍了
It has nothing to with what I consider.
我本来不打算这样的
Whatever.
随便你怎么说
It's not the kind of thing you ask of someone that you care about.
对你真正在意的人 你是不会这么做的
Do you care about me, Alan
你在乎我吗 Alan
I care a great deal for you.
非常地在乎
That's why I'm gonna give you some very sound advice.
所以我才要给你一个忠告
Run.
离开吧
What This is a bad business.
什么 这工作很肮脏
It is an often filthy,
充满了丑陋
dehumanizing, mean-spirited job.
没有人性 卑鄙的勾当
I assure you I take no pleasure in it.
我没有从中得到乐趣
It just comes easily to me.
我只是很容易适应
But
但是
you
你
are not that way.
不是那种人
So I suggest you think long and hard
所以我建议你仔细的好好想想
about whether you really wanna wake up every morning,
你是否真的愿意每天早上醒来
with all the promise that morning conveys,
带着晨祷时许下的所有承诺
and come here.
来到这里
Which I say to you
我这么告诉你
only because I care.
完全是因为我在乎你
You are such a liar,
你这个大骗子
pretending that this stuff doesn't affect you,
假装这些事情根本不会影响到你
that you can just brush it off.
你能就这么抛在脑后
I'm afraid I can.
我想我可以
You heard from witness Frank Simmons,
你们已经听过Frank Simmons的证词了
who saw an SUV speed by him
大约就在凶案发生时
a mile from the scene around the time of the murder
他在离案发现场一英里处 看见一辆SUV飞快地驶离
with a license plate beginning with 3L6.
车牌是以3L6开头的
Mr. Litch's SUV has a license plate beginning with 3L6.
Litch先生的SUV牌照也是以3L6开头
And when the police entered the defendant's apartment,
而当警♥察♥闯入被告的公♥寓♥时
what did he do
他是什么反应
He didn't ask, what's this about
他没有问 这是怎么回事
He didn't say, hey, what's going on
没有问 嘿 你们要干吗
He knew exactly why they were there.
他很清楚为什么警♥察♥会出现
And he immediately began his escape.
然后他决定马上逃跑
And then, in the hospital, he confessed.
接下来 在医院里 他认罪了
It wasn't a delusional confession.
不是因为错觉才招供
He described a fact pattern which was completely consistent with the crime.
他详细描述了他所犯下的罪行
The defendant admitted that he was afraid of yet
被告承认了他当时是因为害怕
another drug conviction that would land him a life sentence.
再次被定贩毒罪 从而被判终生监禁
He panicked, pulled out a gun, and fired.
他慌了 掏出枪 开火
Now his lawyer suggests
而现在他的辩护律师说
he was perhaps delusional when he confessed,
也许他在供认时 产生了错觉
or that he simply lied to protect the real killer, a friend or loved one.
或者他只是想保护一个朋友 一个爱人 而撒谎顶罪
Desperate suggestions for a desperate client.
绝望之人的垂死狡辩
It's insulting to this court, to you,
这侮辱了法庭 还有你们
and especially to that woman and her two children.
尤其是侮辱了那位女士和她的2个孩子
Warren Litch murdered her husband.
Warren Litch谋杀了她的丈夫
Warren Litch killed their father.
Warren Litch杀害了他们的父亲
He admitted to the police that he did so.
他已经向警♥察♥供认了罪行
Let's not waste any more time.
没必要再浪费时间了
Edwin.
Edwin
It's your turn.
该你了
I fell asleep last night and forgot to prepare a closing.
我昨晚睡着了 忘了准备结案陈词
I meant to tell you.
我本来想告诉你的
You don't have a closing
你没有结案陈词
No, do you
没有 你有吗
Counsel
辩方
Edwin, you've got nothing
Edwin 你什么都没准备
When I was a little boy, my father said to me.
当我还是个孩子时 我父亲对我说过
I can still hear his voice. I believe he said,
我现在依然记得 他肯定是说
Ladies first.
女士优先
I don't know about you,
我不知道你们怎么看
but if I hear that somebody confessed to a crime,
但是如果我听说某人承认犯罪了
I just assume he's guilty.
我会认为他是真的有罪
But if I hear the confession is coerced, then
但是如果我知道他是被迫的 那么
for example,
比如说
you could have a man bleeding out with a stomach wound,
一个腹部伤口流血不止的人
put him in a room with police and clergy
被一屋子的警♥察♥和牧师
who keep insisting to him that he did something,
坚持指认他做了某件事
and he might actually come to believe it.
也许他就会信以为真
And gee, what if it was a friend or a loved one
如果他的好友或亲人
who was driving Warren's car that night
刚好那天晚上开了Warren的车
That would explain why Warren was trying to flee, wouldn't it
那就能解释为什么Warren会想要逃了 不是吗
He likely knew the police were coming to mistakenly arrest him.
他能预感地到警♥察♥会错误地逮捕他
Did the police investigate any of this
警♥察♥调查过这些吗
My god, we all assume Warren litch is guilty,
上帝 我们全都认为Warren litch有罪
but what if he isn't
但是如果他没有呢
Now let's turn to the other evidence.
现在我们再来看看其他证据
Wait
等等
There is no other evidence.
没有其他证据
No gun, no witnesses, no fibers, no forensics.
没有枪 没有目击证人 没有纤维 没有法医鉴定
All they have is that coerced confession.
有的只是一份被迫做出的供词
Now, you might think he did it.
你们可能认为是他做的
And if you're determined, you can even still assume it, I suppose.
甚至认为这是理所当然的
But if you're to uphold the law and
但是如果你相信法律
demand proof beyond all reasonable doubt,
要求用证据以排除所有合理疑点
and if we don't demand that,
当我们放弃这种要求时
do we really wanna send a message to the police
我们真的希望对警♥察♥说
Hey, forget the evidence.
嘿 去它的证据
Just bring us that confession.
只要口供就好
They really should give you your own office.
他们真应该给你一个专用办公室
Evidently, the store clerk has recanted.
显然 那个商场职员翻供了
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表