As a broke kid growing up in Compton,
作为一个在康普顿长大的穷小子
going out for a steak dinner was a big deal.
出去吃顿牛排可是件大事
Huge!
盛大的事
And if it was a really special occasion,
如果遇上特别的日子
we'd celebrate at the Beef Plantation.
我们会去牛肉种植园庆祝
Niecy's graduation from beauty college...
Niecy从美容学校毕业的时候
Uncle Ronald's incarceration...
Ronald叔叔入狱服刑的时候
Uncle Ronald's release.
Ronald叔叔刑满释放的时候
被放出来
或许不该
I loved the Beef Plantation.
我爱牛肉种植园
Smell that?
闻到了吗
Mmm! That is my childhood.
这才是我的童年
I'm sorry, daddy.
抱歉 老爸
Sorry about what, son?
这没什么 儿子
I love this place. You pay what you weigh.
我爱这餐馆 这里可是按体重付钱的
Come on, Jack. Step on the scale.
过来 Jack 到称上来
It's okay, sweetheart.
去吧 宝贝
Take your shoes off. Save me some money.
把鞋脱了 能省点钱
Zoey, stop it.
Zoey 别扔了
Ha! 60 cents for a steak.
这块牛排只要6毛钱
A steak!
一大块牛排啊
Oh. Junior, your turn.
Junior 轮到你了
Go ahead, sweetheart. Go ahead.
去吧 宝贝 去吧
Why are you wearing those thick jeans?
你干嘛要穿厚牛仔裤
Get over here.
到这来
Next time, wear shorts.
下次给我穿短裤
Got to pay $1.15 for your steak. Ugh.
你这块得付1.15美元
Guys, this is great.
伙计们 这里可棒了
What do you think, huh?
你们觉得呢
I think this cow died of natural causes.
我觉得这牛是自然死亡的
Babe, I don't think the kids are loving this.
宝贝 我觉得孩子们可能不太喜欢这地方
Hey, stop. Come on.
别玩了
This is all-you-can-eat surf 'n' turf, mm?
这可是海鲜牛排自助餐啊
Oh, I get it!
我懂了
They charge you for all-you-can-eat
这收的是自助餐的价钱
but put out food no one will eat!
但提供的是没人愿意吃的东西
Maniacal!
这太疯狂了
Boy, you wore your heavy pants,
小伙子 你穿着厚牛仔裤
and you won't even eat your pay-what-you-weigh steak?
却不吃按重量算钱的牛排
If you guys can't appreciate affordable meat,
既然你们不想吃实惠的牛排
why don't you go up there and get a salad?
去吃沙拉也行啊
Huh? And while you're up there, visit the pasta trough.
顺便看看意大利面怎么样
That ziti looks right.
通心粉看上去很不错
Why is there a plastic roof all over the food?
那边的食物上为什么罩着塑料盖
Oh, baby, that's a sneeze guard.
宝贝 那是防鼻息食品罩
It's to protect the food.
是为了保护食物
From going into our mouths?
保护食物不被我们吃掉吗
Mommy? Hmm.
妈咪 怎么了
This food makes me sad. Wait.
这东西让我觉得很悲催 等等
I am so hungry.
我快饿死了
Boy, there's food on your fork!
小伙子 你叉子上还有吃的呢
You know what? If everybody is so unhappy,
好吧 既然大家都这么不开心
why don't we all just go home without eating?
不如回家去干饿着好了
Yay!
太棒了
What? Really?
等等 你也要去吗
I'm sorry.
对不起
Baby, this is the Beef Plantation!
宝贝 这里可是牛肉种植园呀
So, you have "Roots" on laserdisc,
你对过去日子(电视剧<黑奴>)很怀念
but eating at a place called Beef Plantation doesn't bump you?
但在叫做牛肉种植园的地方吃东西 不会让你难过吗
Well, it didn't...
本来不会
Till now.
现在没兴致了
Gonna go after the kids.
我去看看孩子们
Mmhmm. I'm coming.
行吧 我先去了
So this turned out to be a special occasion, too...
最终 今天也成了个特殊的日子
The day I realized my family kinda sucks.
因为这天 我发现我的家人都逊毙了
So, the Beef Plantation experience showed me
通过这次牛肉种植园的经历
that my kids were spoiled,
我觉得我的孩子们都被惯坏了
and I had to teach them a lesson.
我必须给他们点教训
Why is the fridge empty? Is it broken?
冰箱怎么是空的 坏了吗
Nope. Not broken.
不是 冰箱没坏
What other reason could it be empty?
你们猜冰箱为什么会是空的
We're moving?
我们要搬家了吗
Finally! A bigger pool.
终于要搬了 该换个大点的游泳池了
It has to be saltwater. I can't do any more chlorine.
最好换成盐水的 我快受不了氯液了
I'm gonna get my own room! See ya, suckah.
我就要有自己的房♥间了 再见了 蠢货
No!
不要啊
Hey, we are not moving. All right?
我们不是要搬家
We are making some adjustments.
我们只是要做些调整罢了
This is what my refrigerator looked like when I was growing up.
我小时候冰箱就是这样子的
It's not empty.
里面并不是空的
There are five meals in here.
这里有五顿饭
There's a ketchup/baking soda sandwich,
有番茄苏打三明治
baking soda/bologna sandwich,
苏打腊肠三明治
and if you're really feeling fancy,
如果你心情好的话
you got your ketchup/bologna/ baking soda sandwich.
还可以做番茄腊肠苏打三明治
None of that sounds like food to me.
没一个听起来像能吃的
That's because you're spoiled.
那是因为你被惯坏了
And I'm giving you the gift...of hunger.
我要把饥饿作为礼物送给你们
Does it come with a receipt? Because I'd like to return it.
这礼物有收据吗 我要退货
No. You kids need to learn to live with less.
不行 你们需要体验一下贫苦的生活
And if I hear any complaints, I'm gonna take away more stuff,
你们要是继续抱怨 我就拿走更多东西
like your cable, like your wi-fi,
比如你们的电视 无线网
like that really soft, four-ply toilet paper.
还有那超级柔软的四层厕纸
No. Feels like fresh-baked bread on my butt.
不要啊 那厕纸就像鲜烤面包抚摸着你的屁♥股♥
Why can't we turn on the air-conditioning?
我们为什么不能开空调
Because I'm teaching the kids a lesson...
因为我正在给孩子们上一课
A lesson I should've taught them years ago.
一门我早该上的课了
Baby, they're spoiled.
宝贝 孩子们都被惯坏了
We did not spoil our kids.
我们没有惯坏他们
So we're parents who made enough to give our kids
我们只是做了父母应该做的
lots of toys and clothes and video games.
给孩子们买♥♥衣服和电子游戏
I mean, isn't that part of Dr. King's dream?
这不正是马丁路德金先生的梦想吗
I think so.
我觉得是
I'm just now starting to see why the kids are so ungrateful.
我终于明白为什么孩子们不懂得感激了
You know, I'm not gonna point any fingers
我不会像其他人一样指名道姓是谁害的
as to how they got that way, but I will use my thumbs.
但我要用我的拇指指出来
It's you.
那人就是你
Yes, you've set a tone.
没错 你树立了坏榜样
Me?
我
So I'm the one who got all their baby Jordans bronzed?
难道是我给他们买♥♥乔丹古铜色儿童版的吗
Bronzed?!
古铜色
That was 7-karat gold!
那可是7克拉纯金
Still very tacky.
听着还是很俗
But okay, because there is nothing wrong
放松点 给孩子们提供更好的生活条件
with giving our kids more than we had.
并没有什么错呀
You know what happens when you give your kids too much, right?
你知道物质条件过高会有什么后果的吧
Mm-hmm. Bow...
知道了吧 Bow
It's up to us to give them more by giving them less.
我们要用更少的物质来教他们更多的道理
Dre,I did not grow up eating baking soda,
Dre 我不是吃苏打粉长大的
and I turned out fine.
现在不也好好的吗
That's because you had a white daddy.
那是因为你♥爸♥是白人
What?!
什么
We can't all hit the lotto!
不是每个人都那么幸运的
Oh, shush, Dre.
别再说了 Dre
Who is that?
谁在敲门
It's the Greensteins. And they've got a casserole.
是Greenstein两口子 还带着砂锅菜
Why are the neighbors bringing us food?
邻居为什么要给我们拿吃的
I don't know.
不知道
I might have an answer for that.
我可能知道答案
We need food.
我们需要食物
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表