剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
亿 万
[第四季 第四集]
奥弗顿之窗
《亿万》前情回顾
Previously on Billions...
这算是一节示范课
This is an object lesson.
人们在情绪激动的情况下
People learn much better
跟着引导学习的效果会好很多
when heightened emotions accompany the instruction.
艾普斯坦辞去纽约检察长的职位
Epstein's vacated New York Attorney General's seat
让位给我
is there for me.
可我一旦冒头
But the moment I poke my head up,
杰克·富利就会咬住我不放
Jack Foley will come after me.
这位是道格拉斯·梅森 他是我父亲
I'd like you to meet Douglas Mason. He's my father.
我以为你准备好了
I thought you were ready.
使用你的 首选代词
To use your "Preferred pronouns..."
尊重我的人都这么用
They're the ones used by those who respect me.
泰勒知道我在扒头交易他们的仓位
Taylor knows I'm front-running their positions.
不要再坏泰勒·梅森的事了
Stop fucking with Taylor Mason.
"我迫不及待要成为下一任的总检察长"
"I am chomping at the bit to be your next Attorney General"!
我需要你的帮助 从初选开始
I need your assistance. Starting with the primary.
你想让我帮你坐上
You want me to help put you
州检察长的位子
in the State Attorney General's office.
是的
I do.
凌晨4:30
开♥盘♥前5小时
我们要在这里忙他妈的一整夜
We're gonna be here all fucking night.
如果我们不被抓的话
If we don't get caught.
我们不会被抓的
We're not gonna get caught.
你听起来还挺自信的
Well, you sound pretty sure for someone wearing
可你身上的亮黄色都能去演《杀死比尔》了
bright fucking yellow like you're in Kill Bill.
这是我的伪装 兄弟
I'm in camo, bro.
在这片停车场里 我是隐形的
In this lot, I'm fucking invisible.
再说 我们的工钱还不赖
Besides, we're getting paid well enough...
开往大西洋城
早上7:05
开♥盘♥前2小时25分钟
早上7:12
在我小时候
Once, when I was a boy,
有次我在游乐场游戏中差点赢到100块钱
I lost a hundred bucks I didn't have at a carny game.
开♥盘♥前2小时18分钟
很难想象 但在你正式开始前...
Hard to feature that. But, uh, before you really launch in--
那时我还小
I was very young.
我以为那个游戏是要击倒柱子
I thought the game was to knock down the pins.
然而 那个游戏的目的是
The game though, was to get people to pay
让人们付钱试图击倒柱子
to try to knock down the pins.
那些柱子当然是倒不了的
Which, of course, didn't go down.
而且 玩游戏的人都是游乐场的员工
And, uh, the guys playing the game were carny workers.
而你只是一个...
And you were merely the--
上当的白♥痴♥
Sucker.
没错 是的
Right. Yeah.
今天 你的对手认为选举在即
Today, your opponent thinks an election is taking place.
但他不知道有多少个他的支持者
But he doesn't know how many of his voters
已经荷包满满地
are already en route to a free junket
开始一次免费的旅行了
with fresh Buffalo nickels in their pockets.
他也不知道在他最有优势的选区里
Or that parents in his best districts have been forced
很多家长不得不开车送孩子去学校
to drive their kids to school
而不是去投票站
instead of getting down to the voting booths
因为校车全都停止营运了
because the school buses were all out of commission.
最终 今天的投票率将创造
By day's end, it'll be the lowest voter turnout
初选史上的新低 这将使你获胜
in primary history, which will allow you to eke out a victory.
然后 你将很可能成为
And then you will be the presumptive Attorney General
纽约州的检察长
of New York goddamned State.
说到这里你可以手舞足蹈了
This is where you do some version of the happy dance.
我正好知道如果真是这样
And I know just the jig I'd throw down on
我要跳什么舞了
if I thought that were so--
平脚舞步 就像他们在奥扎克山里跳的那样
flatfoot and buck, like they do in the Ozarks.
但遗憾的是 不管今天的投票率有多低
But, uh, sadly, no matter how few vote today,
我并没有胜券在握
I'm not gonna book a win.
要记住 黑杰克
The thing to remember, Black Jack, is that
双方持枪对峙的僵局
我们这些剩下的才是墨西哥僵局里的胜者
the only folks who win in a Mexican standoff are the rest of us.
因为所有墨西哥人都死了
Because all the Mexicans die.
不 今天的状况不一样
No. T-This situation is different.
我没看出什么不一样
I don't see how.
你用枪指着我儿子
You have your guns trained on my boy,
我儿子用枪指着你
my boy has his trained on you.
一个人开枪 所有人都会开枪
Anyone fires, everyone fires.
大家都得死
Death to one and all.
但如果没人开枪
But if no one fires,
大家都会活下来
everyone survives.
并且生生不息
And thrives.
我可能没理解你的意思
Well, I may not see the narrative just the way you do.
因为我可能没你那么
Because I may not be as worried
担心自己死于枪战
about dying in the gun fight as you are.
只要你儿子也赢不了就行
As long as the boy goes down, too.
现在可不是抛弃你一生追求的实用主义的时候
Now is not the time to throw away a lifetime of pragmatism.
也许我并没有抛弃
Perhaps I'm doing just the opposite
而是反其道而行之 查尔斯
of throwing it away, Charles.
也许我的所做正是最实用的
Perhaps I'm doing the most pragmatic thing I know to do.
也就是 确保这个职位不被染指
And that is: to make certain this office stays pristine.
不惜任何代价
At whatever cost.
所以不要怀疑
So have no doubt:
你儿子永远不会
Your boy shall never be
在这个骄傲的州当检察长
the Attorney General of this proud state--
也不会在这个伟大国家的任何一个州当检察长
or of any of the lesser states of our great nation.
有我在就不会
Not on my watch.
如果那意味着他公开一些与我相关的
And if that means he goes public with some story
钢铁 桥梁的故事 那就随他
about metals and bridges and me, so be it.
但他就无法起诉这些事了
But he can't prosecute it anymore.
而且我认为这些故事不会比
And I hardly think that story will capture the imagination
他堕落的性生活更让人浮想联翩
the same way his degenerate sex life will.
明天下午五点前
By 5:00 P.M. tomorrow afternoon
要么他宣布退出初选
he declares he's withdrawing from the primary,
不然我就将他的破事公开
or I go public.
你在他手上的把柄这么猛吗
What he has on you is that strong?
如果他曝光 我就完了
If he exposes it, my chances are flushed.
他可能只是故作姿态
Could just be posturing,
因为他知道你并不想正面冲突
knowing that you don't actually want to trade blows.
如果是那样我老爸应该有所察觉
Charles Rhoades Senior would have sniffed that out.
不是那样
No. No.
我可能会不得不屈服于他 退出竞争
I may have to lay down to him, get out of the race.
"总是敌众我寡 总能战胜敌方"
"Always outnumbered. Always outgunned."
美国著名黑人作家 沃尔特·莫斯利
莫斯利总爱说这句话
As Mosley said it best.
这就是我们这种人的战斗状态
That's the state of play for guys like us.
我们正需要这个让自己保持活力
That's what we need to get us up with the sun.
你不能退出
You can't quit.
我只需要说句话就退出了
All I have to do is say the words.
但你不会的
But you won't.
你知道吗
You know...
有些话我很难说出口
and this isn't easy to say:
你是我遇到过的最强大的对手
you were the most formidable opponent I ever had.
因为你懂我
'Cause you read me.
表面上我昂首挺胸
My chest was out, sure,
但其实当我知道你要与我作对时
but inside it, my heart was racing
我的心脏都要跳出来了
when I knew that you were coming for me.
我承认这让我很兴奋
I'll admit that cheers me.
那就接受 让它给你力量 然后开始战斗
Well, then take it in, man. Let it fuel you. Then fight on.
你知道我会在他给的期限内
You know I will do everything humanly possible
做所有力所能及的所有事情
right up until his deadline.
需要我就给我打个电♥话♥
I'm a phone call away if you need me.
卡尔
Karl!
查查为什么富利要这样步步紧逼
Find out why Foley is so willing to engage in this brinkmanship.
肯定还有我不知道的事情
There's something here I'm not seeing.
好的
Yup.
我知道你很少花时间照顾你自己
I know you rarely take the time to look after yourself.
一杯拿铁 你喜欢的口味 还有个姜饼
A latte, the way you like it, and a ginger scone.
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表