剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
道格拉斯 很高兴和你交谈
Douglas, it was a pleasure talking with you.
谢谢你带我到处转转
Thank you for showing me around.
除了你 你看到的每个人
Excluding you, every person you see
都是我的员工
in this office is under my employ.
他们选择在这里工作是因为他们尊重我
They have chosen to work here because they respect me
-也尊重我的远见 -他们很聪明
- and they respect my vision. - They're smart to.
将来 如果你和他们中的
In the future, if you find yourself in conversation
一个有机会谈话的话 一定要注意
with one of them, pay close attention
他们用来指代我的代词
to the pronouns they use in reference to me.
又要说这话吗
This talk again, huh?
你来找我 我以为你准备好了
You came to see me. I thought you were ready.
使用你的 首选代词
To use your "Preferred pronouns..."
都是那些尊重我的人用的
They're the ones used by those who respect me.
没有引号♥
Without the quotes.
对不起 孩子 我正想说
I'm sorry, kid. I'm trying to get there.
我想念你 这就是我来这里的原因
I missed ya. That's why I'm here.
-是吗 -我能
- Yes? - Can I...?
但说无妨
Speak freely.
我刚挂了电♥话♥
I just got off the phone
是格里戈尔·安德洛夫的副手
with Grigor Andolov's number two.
他想知道 你什么时候才开始赚钱
He wants to know "When you're going to start fucking earning?"
现在
Now.
我刚决定研究一个衍生产品
I just decided to work on a derivative.
什么样的衍生产品
What kind of derivative?
向瓦迪姆·利涅茨基致敬的
An homage to Vadim Linetsky.
美国西北大学金融工程与金融数学、计算金融教授
你现在想研究路径积分法 是吗
You're in a 'path integral methods' sort of mood, are you?
你愿意帮助我吗
Would you like to help me?
当然
You bet.
你骗了我
You fucked me.
关上该死的门 把我留在墙外
Closed the damn gate, left me north of the wall.
我被解雇了
I got fired.
-然后破产了 -是的
- And went bankrupt. - Yes.
这些事情确实发生了
Those things did happen.
我为你所经历的事情感到遗憾
And I feel for you, for what you've been through.
但你也无能为力吗
But them's the breaks?
对
Well... yes.
你没有证据
You didn't have the evidence.
孩子在街上都在呼吸着
All those kids on the street exhaling
像云雾一样的椰林飘香味毒药
these big ass clouds of pina colada poison?
他们是我的证据
They're my evidence.
但你是个没有干货的检举人
But you were a whistleblower without a whistle.
我做了正确的事 你说过会帮忙的
I did the right thing. You said you'd help.
是你带我上道的
You brought me on.
然后你猛拉地毯 我就摔倒在地
And then you yanked the rug and I ended up on my ass.
现在你在竞选什么乱七八糟的职位
And now you're running for I-don't-know-what-the-fuck,
而我还和我妈妈住在一起
and I'm living with my mom.
这是你妈妈的房♥子吧
This is your mom's house, huh?
光这条街上 我眼睁睁看着六个孩子
And there's like six kids on this block alone
吸食这些糖果电子烟
that I gotta watch sucking on these SugarVape products
就像在吸他们的奶嘴
like they're pacifiers.
你愿意让你的母亲
Would you have preferred that your mother
把这个地方抵押
lose this place after she mortgaged it
帮你支付糖果电子烟起诉你时
to help you pay for the massive civil suit,
所需的巨额民事诉讼费用吗
SugarVape would have brought against you?
你没想到过 是吗
You didn't think of that, did you?
我不会让她那样做的
I wouldn't let her do that.
他们有专业人员
They have professionals on staff
他们唯一的工作是让人相信他们的废话
whose only job is: sell their bullshit.
公♥司♥就是这么做的
That's what corporations do.
如果他们愿意为了利益而毒害孩子
If they're willing to poison kids for profit,
那没有什么他们下不了手的
nothing's off the table.
-你说得对 -是的
- Fuck. You're right. - Yeah.
我保护了你 还有你母亲
I shielded you... And your mother...
免受糖果电子烟的报复
From the retribution SugarVape was prepared to unleash.
但你要让那篇报道发表 他们就会起诉
But if you let that article run, they'll sue.
然后他们还会起诉你妈妈 因为她出钱
And they'll go after your mom, because she's got the money...
他们会夺走她的房♥子
They'll take her house.
她的家具 她的画
Her furniture. Her paintings...
而我已经不再
And I'm not in the position
有能力保护你了
to protect you anymore.
我能怎么做
What can I do?
你乐意的话
If you want,
我会告诉你怎么撤回你的言论
I can tell you how to walk back your statements.
好消息 朗尼
Good news, Lonnie.
我已经搞定检举人了
I've coaxed the genie back into his bottle.
不会有报道了
Article ain't happening.
你的公♥司♥可以给我开筹款会
So your firm can host my fundraiser
我们可以继续合作共赢
and we can continue this little symbiosis of ours.
另一家见鬼的养鸡场
Another fucking chicken farm.
其实那个不是鸡场
Actually that one's not a farm.
是个检疫隔离机构 收容病鸡
It's a quarantine facility. Sick birds.
恶心
Gross.
再给他打一次
Try him again.
我给他打了十多次了 他就是不接
I've called him a dozen times. He's not answering.
也许有其他人找到他 花钱让他提高指数
Maybe somebody else got to him, paid him to fuck up the index.
哈尔 你拿到了什么
Hall, what do you have?
他们补全了系统漏洞
Well, they sealed up the cracks in their system.
我们没法黑进去了
We lost digital access.
我们早知道会这样 但这反应挺快对吧
We knew they would. But that was quick, no?
像我说的 我了解他们的人 他有点本事
Like I said: I know their guy. He's got some moves.
反正黑进去是不行了 但我拿到了其他的
Anyway, digital access is gone, but I have what's left to us.
-其它的什么 -照片
- What's that? - A visual.
怎么拿到的
How?
你有他们某个员工的把柄
You have something on one of their employees?
泰勒肯定能除掉那些做贼心虚的人
Taylor would be able to root out a guilty conscience.
这座城市里大部分想要隐私的人都装了单向玻璃
Most people who want privacy in this city have privacy glass.
要是不装 他们就会被透过窗户偷♥窥♥
If they don't, they have their windows treated.
-这是单向玻璃 -这当然是
- That is privacy glass. - Of course it is.
你想告诉我泰勒没装单向玻璃
You're telling me Taylor doesn't have privacy glass?
他们装了
They do.
但我有这个
But I have this...
这是以色列技术
It's Israeli.
它装了一个空间光调制器
It uses a spatial light modulator,
这样我就能拍下那些
and that allows me to take pictures
人们不想让我拍到的照片
that people don't want me to take.
很便利
Very handy.
以色列人造起间谍设备来
The Israelis do not fuck around
可是一点也不含糊
when it comes to their spy equipment.
但这怎么会在你手里
But why is it in your hands
而不是装好赶紧拍照
instead of set up taking goddamned pictures.
装完了 这个是私人用的
Oh, it is. This one's for personal use.
你很喜欢加粗符号♥
Don't you love the notation for bolding?
双干线 我的确喜欢
The double stem? Yes. I do.
找到一个满意解是好事
Finding a satisfying answer is a good thing.
可能这就是为什么你和我都在
Probably why you and I were always at our best
把事情数字化时做得最好
when we kept things mathematical.
当然 但即便你把事情量化
Sure. But even when one keeps things mathematical,
也不一定能找到满意解
a satisfying solution isn't always available.
所以你改变了数学
So you change the math.
人类没法指挥数学
Human beings can't command math.
数学不会随人的意愿变化
You can't bend it to your will.
它不是为了满足人存在的
It doesn't exist to satisfy you.
举个例子
This is an example.
金融数学家 于2001年发现路径依赖期权解析公式
利涅茨基知道要是他创建一个扩散模型
Linetsky knew if he were to create a derivative,
它就会以他无力控制的形式有机增长
it would develop organically in a way he couldn't control.
他唯一的选择就是学着去理解
His only options were to learn to understand
并且接受它的结果 要么就只能放弃
and accept where it was taking him, or step away.
他必须接受这个
He had to be able to live with that.
对
Yeah.
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表