What a clumsy thing you must think me.
那时候我什么都没想 一会儿之后
I didn't think anything of it at the time. It was only later.
当我们发现乔伊斯的时候 我又想了想
Later, when we found Joyce that I began to think it over...
当然你会推断到是利奥波德
And of course you concluded that master Leopold,
杀了他妹妹
he killed his sister, n'est-ce pas?
是啊 我确实这么想
God help me, I did.
之后当你来问我问题的时候
And then when you came and questioned me about things
我不能说什么 他很年轻
I couldn't say anything. He's so young.
他很年轻 他不知道他自己在做什么
Was so young. He couldn't have known what he was doing.
我有个幼稚的打算 就是为他治疗
I suppose I had a half-baked notion that I could get treatment for him.
而不是送他去那些恐怖的机构
Not have him sent to some dreadful institution.
我明白 女士
I understand, Madame.
他的被杀意味着有些东西我们想错了
His being killed must mean something quite different.
他进去的时候一定已经发现乔伊斯已经死了
He must have gone in there and found Joyce dead.
这一定吓坏了他
And that must have given him the most awful shock.
不是因为他杀害了她 而是因为他发现了她
Not because he'd killed her but because he'd found her.
天啊 谁会做这种恐怖的事情?
Oh God. Who can have done these dreadful things?
我会查明一切的 女士
Poirot will discover all Madame.
不会很久的
It will not be long now.
相片里面的人是个教师 有什么线索呢?
So that's the school-teacher out of the picture. Where does that leave us?
被毒死的老女人? 还是律师的职员啊?
The poisoned old lady? Or the solicitor's clerk?
有人要喝可可茶吗?
Cocoa anyone?
不需要 谢谢了 女士
Non, merci, Madame.
朱迪丝你怎么看 罗维娜·德雷克有多反对
What do you think, Judith? How much did Rowena Drake disapprove
她女儿和费瑞尔这个混♥蛋♥来往?
of her daughter's liaison with a crook like Ferrier?
足以杀人吗?
Enough to kill?
- 嗯... - 或者雷诺兹太太
- Well... - Or could Mrs Reynolds
一直都秘密地吸引着她的租客
have been secretly attracted to her lodger all along?
奥尔佳·塞米诺娃去了哪里?
And where has Olga Seminoff got to?
我觉得是牧师在庇护着她
It occurred to me the vicar might be shielding her!
之后是古德博蒂太太 嗯 她很奇怪
Then there's Mrs Goodbody, well, she's just odd.
女士 这不是你的侦探作品
Je vous implore, Madame! This is not one of your detective fictions.
我们必须用事实说话
We must deal here only with the truth.
我只想帮帮忙
I'm only trying to help.
我知道你想帮忙 阿里阿德涅
I know you are, Ariadne.
最后一个谜仍然困惑着我
The final piece of this puzzle, it eludes Poirot still.
受害者 我们必须回到受害者 他们的性格
The victim. One must always return to the victim. For their personality,
天性 这就是关键
their nature, it is the key.
每个人都是怎么跟波洛说
What has everybody told to Poirot
乔伊斯·雷诺兹小姐的呢?
about Madamoiselle Joyce Reynolds?
她是个骗子 总是爱散播谣言
She is a liar. A teller of the tall tales.
是个爱吹嘘的小撒谎精
A boaster. A little liar.
所以当她说她看到了谋杀
So when she claims to have witnessed a murder,
没有人相信她 如今 她死了
nobody believes her. And yet, she is dead.
先生?
Monsieur?
我已经第三次犯糊涂了! 真的糊涂!
I have been an imbecile three times over! An imbecile!
真♥相♥就摆在那里! 印度君主!
It was there all along! The maharajah!
什么?
What?
老虎啊 夫人! 大象!
Tigers, mesdames! Elephants!
我记得她叔叔曾经去过印度
I remember her uncle had been to India...
那段故事一次又一次被夸大
...The story got added to every time...
而她从来没去过!
And she hadn't even been!
她从来没去过!
She had not even been!
故事都是她编造的
She appropriated the story.
那个凶手是被别的人目击到的!
A murder that was witnessed by someone else!
一个她会跟她说秘密的人!
Someone with whom she shared her secrets!
米兰达?
Miranda?
你的女儿现在很危险啊 女士
Your daughter Madame, she is in the danger most terrible.
米兰达!
Miranda!
米兰达!
Miranda!
太可怕了! 我只希望我们可以及时赶到!
Sacre! I only hope we are in time!
你确定妈妈不会担心?
Are you sure Mummy won't be worried?
非常感谢 探长
Merci beaucoup Inspector.
他会在那跟我们碰头的!
He will meet us there!
快点 阿里阿德涅!
Come on, Ariadne!
这里太漂亮了 跟白天一样明亮
It's so beautiful. It's bright as day.
你看起来真好笑
You do look funny.
你不介意你取笑我 没有人会听见
I don't mind if you laugh. No-one can hear.
可以吗?
Shall we?
你知道以前人们会在这里
You know people used to worship here?
向太阳月亮和星星祈祷吗?
The Sun and the Moon and the stars.
而且他们也有献祭的习惯
And they used to sacrifice things as well.
我有跟你解释过献祭的事吧?
I've explained to you about sacrifice, haven't I?
我必须死去 然后别的人就会复活
I have to die so that others might live.
美丽就可以延续
So that beauty can live.
没错
That's right.
我看到的那个也是献祭吗?
What I saw, was that a sacrifice too?
可以这么说
In a way.
乔伊斯和利奥波德呢?
And Joyce and Leopold?
时间到了吗?
Is it time?
是的
Yes.
现在 你和我要为了过去和将来
And now you and I will drink to the past and the future...
以及美好 喝一杯
...and to beauty.
真不错 这是什么味道的?
That'll be nice. What does it taste of?
你想要什么味道它就会变成什么味道
It'll taste of whatever you want it to.
它有魔法 魔法
It's magical, you see. It's quite magical.
你记得我说过的话吗 米兰达? 回归自然?
You remember what I said, Miranda? About returning to nature?
看着月亮
Look at the Moon.
等一下你就会到达那边
And you will be there soon.
就在那边被星星围绕着
Up there amongst the cold stars.
永世不朽
Immortal.
现在你就拿着杯子 喝吧
Now you hold the cup and drink.
喝!
Drink!
为了美丽米兰达!
Drink to beauty, Miranda!
不! 不! 加菲尔德先生!
Non! Never! Jamais, Monsieur Garfield!
抓住他!
Catch him!
你是对的 乔伊斯只是复述我对她说的话而已
You're right of course. Joyce just repeated what I'd told her.
我猜她是想所有人对她印象深刻一点
I suppose she wanted to impress everyone.
不过 这却是用她的生命换来的
And, alas, it cost her her life.
不过你现在安全了 我的宝贝
But you are now safe, ma petite.
告诉波洛你看到什么了
Tell to Poirot what you saw.
我想这肯定只是个意外
I thought it must have been an accident, you see.
第二天没有人提这件事 所以我都快忘记了
And nobody said anything the next day so I sort of just forgot about it.
我在花♥园♥看书的时候看到了麦克
I'd been by myself reading in the garden when I spotted Michael.
我想跟他挥手的时候
I was going to wave
发现他在拖运东西 是一具尸体
then I noticed he was dragging something. It was a body.
你为什么没有告诉任何人呢 米兰达?
But why didn't you tell anyone, Miranda? Why?
我以为这是献祭 麦克跟我说献祭是必须的
I thought it might have been a sacrifice. Michael told me sacrifices are necessary.
只不过今天他猜到了 他猜到了
It was only today that he guessed. Guessed that
看到他的人是我 不是乔伊斯
it was me, not Joyce, that had seen him.
问题是 我没有告诉过乔伊斯那是麦克
The thing is, I never even told Joyce it was Michael.
我只是说我看到凶手而已
Just that I'd seen a murder.
可是那具尸体是谁呢?
But whose body was it?
我不知道 看不出来
I don't know. I couldn't tell.
我搞不懂 不可能是他杀了乔伊斯 是吗?
But I don't understand. He couldn't have killed Joyce, could he?
他那个时候在希腊
I thought he was in Greece.
波洛先生 我和我的人先走了
Well, my men and I'll be off, Mr Poirot.
带加菲尔德到警局
Get Garfield down to the station.
好的 警长
Bon, Inspector.
睡觉的时间到了 大家去休息吧
And perhaps it is time we were all of us in our beds, non?
是的 时间到了 去睡吧
Yes, it's time. Come on. Yes.
又或者是波洛来为大家说故事的时候
Or perhaps it is time for Poirot to tell to you a story.
一个万圣节的故事!
A Hallowe'en story!
"这是个雷电交加的黑夜!"
"It was a dark and stormy night!"
故事不是总是这样开头吗?
Is that not how one should begin?
反正就是万圣节的晚上
And such, indeed, was the night of the Hallowe'en Party
在这个房♥子里有一个万圣节派对
here in this very house.
有一个小女孩说"我看到过谋杀"
A little girl claims "I saw a murder once".
可是是哪一次谋杀案呢?
But which murder was this?
莱斯利·费瑞尔 律师的职员被刺一案?
The stabbing of Lesley Ferrier, the clerk to the solicitor?
碧翠丝·怀特老师的溺水案件?
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表