就在前几天晚上 跟他们的行动有关
just the other evening about their behaviour.
我能问问
May I ask,
被害者和佩玛欣小姐之间有联♥系♥吗 中尉?
was there any connection between the murdered man and Miss Pebmarsh, Lieutenant?
我认为没有
I believe not.
这也不正常啊 难道他是到那儿送死的?
That's unusual too. So he just came there to be killed did he?
佩玛欣小姐很安静 对吗 马修?
Miss Pebmarsh is as quiet as a church mouse, isn't she Matthew?
是的
Yes.
我们什么都没听见 我们跟另一位探长说过了
We heard neither hide nor hair we told the other Inspector
真不明白为什么又问一遍
this, I don't know why we're being asked again.
案发那天她应该在十一点离开屋子
She would have left her house at eleven on the day
三点回来
of the murder and got back at three.
对 她天天这样 我相信大家都知道
Yes, well that's her routine, I'm sure everyone knows that.
就是在那段时间
And it is during that time
卡瑞先生走进房♥间并被杀害了
that Ms Ourry would have entered the house and met his death.
请告诉我 在那女孩尖叫之前
Tell to me if you please, before the girl screamed
你们听见什么打斗声了吗?
did you hear perhaps any sound of a struggle?
我们不认识他
We don't know this man,
而且我们的书房♥在屋子最里面 中尉
and our studies are at the back of the house Lieutenant.
我们是学者...
We're academics you see...
午餐时间我和哥哥什么都没听见
And neither my brother nor I heard anything at all during luncheon.
我们喜欢这个街区也是因为这儿安静
We like this street because it's quiet also.
对 唯一的麻烦就是赫明斯夫人
Yes the only trouble we've had is that Mrs Hemmings.
那个养猫的夫人?
The cat lady?
她在装疯卖♥♥傻 我亲爱的中尉
She might play the scatty old dear Lieutenant,
相信我 撕开她的伪装她就是个恶毒的老女人
but scratch the surface and she's a poisonous old bitch believe me.
蕾切尔 我们必须回去工作了
Rachel we must get back to work.
好 日安 先生们
Yes. Good day Gentlemen.
- 日安 夫人 - 日安
- Good day Madame. - Good day.
这就和英国其他街区一样
Well it's like every other street in England.
所有人都不来往
Full of people who keep themselves to themselves
但同时又相互怨恨
while hating each other at the same time.
你该知道我们已经 该怎么说 有了突破
You should know we've had a, well I was going to say breakthrough,
可事实却相反
but actually it's the opposite.
卡瑞已被证实是假名
The name Ourry has turned out to be bogus, and the Metropolitan
城市及地方保险公♥司♥根本就都不存在
and Provincial Insurance Oompany does not and never has existed.
在死者身上还发现什么了吗?
Was there anything else found on the dead man?
衣服的标签 或钱包?
Labels on his clothes, or a wallet?
所有的标签都被剪了 我们完全不知道他是谁
All the labels were cut out. We have no idea at all who he is.
这太不寻常了
This is most extraordinary.
我能和您一起待会儿吗?
Can I tag along with you for a while?
一定有人看到了什么
Someone will have seen something, remember.
当然 好吧 我们到后面去
Yes, of course. Eh bien, now we go en arriere,
去后面的布兰德一家
to the rear to a Monsieur and Madame Bland.
我不认识他 你呢 乔?
I don't recognise him no, do you Joe?
不认识 我倒希望我认识
No, I wish I did.
我们和那位盲人夫人也没有往来
And we've never had anything to do with the blind lady.
你听说过这些谋杀案吧 开膛手杰克
You read about these murders don't you, Jack the Ripper,
新娘杀手史密斯
Brides In The Bath Smith,
要是我就在现场并看见了什么
and you think if only I'd been there and seen something.
阻止了谋杀 或是没阻止成
Stopped it in some way, or if I couldn't stop it at least
至少会对警♥察♥调查可以有点用
been useful to the police afterwards.
我们邻里出了谋杀案 可我们在案发时间
And now there's one in our neighbourhood and we just didn't
并没有向窗外看过 是吧 瓦莱丽?
look out the window at the right time did we Valerie?
你会发现警♥察♥办案也有运气的成分
Well you'll often find there's an element of luck in police work.
目击者在案发时正好向窗外看...
Witnesses looking out of windows at the right time and...
就是这样 是运气 就像恋爱一样
That's it, it's luck. It's like falling in love,
运气就是 那天晚上你在那
it's just lucky that you were there on that night,
而她正好也在 是运气把你们联♥系♥在一起
and she was there, and it was luck that bought you together.
你是在哪儿遇到你丈夫的呢 布兰德夫人?
And where is it that you met your husband, Madame Bland?
她那时是个演员 那段时间我情绪很低落
Well she was an actress, weren't you? I was quite low at the time,
瓦莱丽正好在多佛演出"日本天♥皇♥" 是吧?
and itjust so happened that Valerie was playing The Mikado in Dover weren't you?
表演结束后我们总会去同一家酒馆
And we'd always go to the same pub after the show.
我去那儿 只是为了散散心
And I went there, just to get out the house,
可是 运气降临了
and, well, luck struck.
这就是缘分
C'est formidable.
这一切很美好 我们是否能回到调查上来
Well this is all very lovely but, if we can get back to the investigation,
谋杀案当天你为什么没上班?
why weren't you working on the day of the murder?
哦 我基本上已经退休了 哈德卡索
Oh I'm almost retired now Hardcastle.
我还留着货车只是为了找点儿事儿做
I've still got the van just to keep my hand in,
但是瓦莱丽继承了 恩...
but Valerie inherited, well...
一点儿小钱
A little bit of cash.
事实上很多 从她加拿大的家族
Well a lot actually, from her Canadian family.
不好意思 你来自加拿大 夫人?
Pardon. You are from Canada Madame?
我不住那儿已经有 多久来着?
Well I haven't lived there for, what is it?
哦 快二十年了
Oh well it must be nearly twenty years.
有二十年了?
Is it twenty?
她在上戏剧学校时就改掉了口音
And she lost her accent when she went to drama school.
啊
Ah.
有了这笔钱 我也不用工作
And with the money I don't have to work.
真幸运
That's a bit of luck.
又是运气 它无处不在
Luck again, it's everywhere.
- 好运降临 - 是啊 好运降临
- Luck Struck. - Luck struck you see.
只是好运没降临到这个可怜的家伙身上
Although it didn't strike for this poor fellow.
布兰德一家没被谋杀真是遗憾 你认为呢?
It's a pity the Blands weren't murdered, don't you think?
就整个街区来说
Or the entire neighbourhood.
我认为那个养猫的女人在努力找寻存在的理由
That cat woman struggles for a reason to exist, if you ask me.
佩玛欣完全是活在自己的世界里
Pebmarsh lives in a netherworld all of her own.
沃特豪斯一家太安静了
And those Waterhouses are a bit too quiet,
有点太静了 如果你懂我的意思
a bit too hush-hush, if you know what I mean.
不 我不认识死者 抱歉
No, I don't know the deceased, sorry.
我不懂你的意思 马布特先生
I do not know what you mean, Ms Mabbutt.
我不相信那些读书或写书的人 波洛先生
I don't trust people who read or write books Monsieur Poirot.
从未信过 就是他们把世界弄的一团糟
Never have. It's folks like that who have got the world into the mess it's in.
案发当天的午餐时间你在这儿吗?
Were you here at lunchtime on the day of the murder?
我在 跟往常不一样 我平时都不在
I was, which is unusual. I'm often away in the week
把所有的事交给保姆打理 我妻子已经过世了
and leave everything to the nanny, my wife has passed on.
我为阿姆斯特朗军♥火♥公♥司♥工作
I work for Armstrong Ordnance.
我们和法国有合作
We have contracts with the French,
我大部分时间都在那儿
I spend most weeks over there.
波洛 你的国家的战争准备和我们的一样糟糕
Your country is as badly prepared for war as ours is Poirot.
我是比利时人 不是法国人
I'm Belgian. Not French.
- 你现在还是吗? - 是
- Are you now? - Yes.
瓦隆人啊 如果战争爆发
A Walloon. Well Belgium won't last a week
比利时撑不到一个星期 你说呢?
if it all goes belly up will it?
上周有人向您卖♥♥保险吗?
Have you been visited by anyone selling insurance in the last week?
我已经跟你们警员说过了 没有
I told your constable all this, no.
我也没听见什么打斗之类的声音
And I didn't hear sounds of a struggle or some such either.
我能给您看一些钟的照片吗?
Can I show you some pictures of some clocks?
我把他们忘在里面了 您能跟我来吗?
I've left them inside, will you accompany me?
我为什么要看钟的照片?
What do I have to look at clocks for?
看看您见没见过 先生 它们是谋杀案的关键
To see if you recognise them sir, they're central to the murder.
好吧 如果我必须这么做
Very well. If I must.
我需要你的人帮我调查一下那个人 我的朋友
I would get your contacts to investigate that man mon ami.
我已经调查过了 他常去欧洲大♥陆♥
I'm on it yes, regular trips to the continent,
他就是我们通常要找的那类人
he's normally exactly what we'd look for.
但是他帮助法国 不支持德国
But he's helping arm the French, he's hardly pro-German.
菲奥娜小姐写在便条上的M可能就是马布特
Put a letter M on the note of Mademoiselle Fiona's it could be Mabbutt.
马布特住在六十二号♥ 波洛 不是六十一号♥
Mabbutt lives at number 62 Poirot, not 61.
哦 对
Oui. That is true.
我也会去调查下布兰德家的财务状况
I'll check on the Bland's finances as well.
确定那笔横财是如他们所说的那样得到的
Make sure they got that windfall the way they say they did,
而不是从某个欧洲银行转来的黑钱
and it's not been channeled from some continental bank.
对
Yes.
那是佩玛欣夫人的花♥园♥吗?
Is that the garden of Mdms Pebmarsh?
你是在找那个杀人凶手吗?
Are you trying to work out who killed that man?
对 案发当天你们在这儿玩儿吗 小姐们?
Oui. Were you playing here on the day that he died mademoiselle?
保姆关了我们两天 因为我们一直在打猫
Our nanny grounded us for two days. Kept hitting the cats,
啊!
Ah!
所以她不让我们出去 我们失去了所有的乐趣
So she kept us in and we missed all the fun.
小姐 你是叫珍妮吧
Alors, you call yourself mademoiselle Jenny.
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表