剧集 | 律政潜规则(2010) | 导航列表
God, why is this apology turning me off?
靠 我怎么会被道歉难倒
Talking to your tea bag?
在和你的茶包说话啊
Yeah, you've tipped over, dude.
你处于神游状了 哥们儿
Me?
我
No worries, mate. I'm fine.
别担心 伙计 我很好
Ah, really? You don't seem fine.
是吗 但你看起来可不太好
No, I'm -- I'm in court today.
没有 我今天要上庭
I'm just practicing my argument, seeing if it holds water.
所以就练一练我的论证 看是不是无懈可击
You look a little tired, though. Your eyes are all puffy.
你貌似有点累啊 眼睛肿的像金鱼似的
Yeah, well, heavy case load.
有很多案件要处理
But that's how I stay head and shoulders
所以我才一直都比别人都
Above the rest,my friend.
高出一截啊
Yeah, what are you, about -- about 6'1"?
你多高啊 一米八五左右吗
Try 6'3".
起码一米九
Oh, come, come. I'm 6'2". Which is shorter than'3".
别装了 我一米八八 比一米九矮啊
I don't think you're a whole inch taller than I am.
我没觉得你能比我高整整两厘米啊
No. What? No.
不是 什么
Three is more than two.
我就是比你高
What do you got? What do you got? Let's make it interesting.
你有多高 你究竟多高 来比比
Okay, come on. Oh, please.
好 比比看 不是吧
It's not about the shoulder pads.
这可跟肩垫无关
It's about the head. Turn around.
得比比头的高度 转过来
I know that first-year associates are competitive, but...
我知道新律师们喜欢相互比较 但是
Actually measuring each other?
居然真在互比身高
I suppose I should be glad your belts are still buckled.
幸好你们比的不是弟弟的长度
Gentlemen, do you remember that big train wreck in San Dimas?
先生们 还记得圣迪马斯的重大火车事故吗
The engineer fell asleep at the controls,
火车司机半路睡着了
Derailed a 26-car freight train?
导致26节货运火车出轨
No casualties, millions in property damage and lost cargo.
没有伤亡 但造成了巨大的经济损失
That's the one.
就是这个
We now represent that engineer.
我们现在要帮火车司机辩护
He's facing numerous criminal charges
他正面临多项刑事控告
And 25 years to life.
以及25年甚至一辈子的牢狱之灾
Didn't the guy have drugs in his system?
那司机有服用什么药物吗
Yes, he did.
有的
But he swears there's an explanation.
但他发誓吃那些药是有原因的
He is also a single dad with no criminal record
他同时也是个没有犯罪记录的单身父亲
And no history of work-related accidents.
并且没有发生过工作事故
Which makes this whole thing smell to me like an aberration.
这让我觉得整件事另有隐情
If he is assigned a public defender,
如果他被分派到公设辩护律师
He's toast.
他就完了
So, what I'm looking for is a broad-shouldered young hero
所以 我要找一位有宽厚肩膀的年轻英雄
Who will step up and help this poor soul.
站出来帮助这可怜的人
Which one of you is taller?
你们谁比较高
The Westminster board decided it would be
西敏大学董事会决定
In the best interests of Miss Mayfield
会最大限度考虑梅菲尔德小姐的利益
And the college to keep a lid on this matter
学院不会把这件事外传
Until the charges were either proved or disproved.
直到最终判决出来
How can we disprove anything?
我们要怎样驳斥呢
We don't even know what the charges are.
我们根本不知道指控的是什么
Do you have a factual basis for the revocation,
这次撤销奖学金是有事实根据的吗
Or are you solely acting on rumor and speculation?
还是单凭流言蜚语而做出的决定呢
A steroid accusation was made.
有人指控她使用了类固醇
So we decided we had to investigate.
所以我们决定展开调查
We tested her blood sample that she was required to give
我们测试了本学期开学时
At the start of the season.
学校要求她提供的血液样本
And did Hannah's blood sample come back positive
那汉娜的血液样本是否对任何的违禁药物
For any illicit substances?
产生了阳性反应呢
No.
没有
But it did yield a surprising result --
但它却产生了一个让人意外的结果
One that led us to request an extensive chromosome analysis.
促使我们进行了大量的染色体分♥析♥
Chromosome analysis? What for?
染色体分♥析♥ 为什么
We believe Hannah Mayfield is actually a man.
我们认定汉娜·梅菲尔德其实是男性
Your honor, this is clearly a constitutional issue.
法官大人 这明显牵扯到了宪法
The fact is that they used our client's blood
他们未经同意便用我们当事人的血液
to determine gender without her permission
来断定其性别
Violates both her rights to privacy
这既侵犯了她的隐私权
And bodily integrity.
也侵害了她的身体完整性
College and university appeal boards
高校上诉委员会
Are not subject to the same standards of due process as the courts.
并不受法庭的法定诉讼程序标准的限制
Moreover, all scholarship recipients
此外 所有奖学金获得者
Are bound to comply with any testing deemed necessary
必须接受学院医疗顾问认为必要的
By the college's medical advisory.
任何测试
Even so your honor, the blood test they used
法官大人 尽管如此 他们进行的血液测试
Is by no means a dispositive indication of gender.
无法决定性的指示出性别
The "Y" Chromosome,
"Y"染色体
Originally thought to be found only in men,
原本被认为只会出现在男性身上
Is actually present in about 7,500 women
但仅在美国 就已有7500名女性被发现
In the united states alone.
带有这种染色体
On the constitutional issues, I have to side with Mr. Levin.
就宪法而言 我必须站在莱文先生这边
Your client waived her rights
你的当事人在签订奖学金协议时
When she signed those scholarship papers.
就放弃了她的权利
However, I don't see that Westminster college
但是 我并未看到西敏大学
Has proved that Miss Mayfield can be considered,
证明了梅菲尔德小姐能从基因或其他角度
Genetically or otherwise, a man.
被认做是男性
I therefore grant the injunction
所以我授予强制令
And order that her scholarship be reinstated.
要求恢复其奖学金
Miss Fisher?
费舍尔小姐
Yeah. Ooh!
是的
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you.
抱歉 没想到会吓到你
Um...this is not recreational.
我不是在休闲娱乐
I have weak core muscles. I was just trying to...
我腹部肌肉不够强壮 我只是想
...squeeze in a little exercise.
挤出点时间来锻炼一下
I have an assignment that requires the utmost discretion.
我有一份需要极度谨慎处理的任务
Discretion is my middle name.
谨慎可是我的别名啊
No doubt you've heard the rumors
你一定听过关于凯特·坎贝尔
Regarding the sudden departure of Katie Campbell.
突然离开的谣言
I heard she got a promotion.
我听说她升职了
Yes. Yes, she did.
是的 的确是这样
After she had an affair with Cliff.
在和克里夫有过婚外情后升职了
I so did not want to know that.
我还真不想知道这事
In order to guard against potential fallout litigation,
为了避免潜在的后续诉讼
I want you to interview Cliff
我要你去和克里夫谈谈
As soon as possible.
越快越好
Me? Yes.
我吗 是的
Cliff. Really?
克里夫 当真吗
Susan recommended you.
苏珊推荐的你
She said that your work on the asbestos case...
她说你处理石棉案子的工作
Was exceptional.
做得非常出色
So she knows about all of this.
所以她知道一切
For obvious reasons, she's taken herself out of the loop.
很明显 她不想趟这趟浑水
Okay? Okay.
可以吗 没问题
Okay.
很好
Uh, remember, rule number one
记住 规则一
Discretion.
谨慎
Oh, my god.
天啊
I'm dead.
我死定了
I must have dozed off and missed the track change.
我当时肯定是睡着了 错过了轨道变更
Next thing I knew,
接着我知道的就是
the train crumpled like a stack of Dixie Cups.
火车像塑料纸杯一样皱巴巴的了
I'm just thankful no one got hurt.
幸好没有人受伤
And you admitted to taking your son's
你承认了你服用了
ADHD medication to stay awake.
用来治疗你儿子多动症的药物 来保持清醒
The only reason I took them was because I had been working
我服用那些药物是因为我已经连续工作
Two weeks straight.
两个星期了
I had no idea the hyperactivity meds would make me fall asleep.
我根本不知道治疗多动症的药会让我嗜睡
Why didn't you just ask your supervisor for the day off?
为什么你不向你的主管请假呢
DNT rail laid off 40% of their employees
DNT铁路公♥司♥因为经济不景气
6 months ago due to the economy.
在六个月前裁员了40%
The guys who made the cut were told
上面要求负责解雇的人
剧集 | 律政潜规则(2010) | 导航列表