What do you think?
你相信这个人的故事吗 格拉德先生?
Well, do you believe this man's story, Mr. Garrideb?
哦 毫无疑问
Oh, without a doubt,
他看起来很诚实
he had an honest face.
哦 真的吗 那人就是个无赖
Oh, really, the man's a rogue.
你的妹妹们有不同意见
Your sisters think otherwise.
艾米丽和艾格尼丝读了 太多不切实际的小说
Emily and Agnes are inclined to read too much romantic fiction
总要在本应光明的地方寻找阴影
and inclined to find shadows where there should only be light.
胡说
Nonsense.
谢谢你的讲述 格拉德先生
Well thank you for explaining Mr. Garrideb.
很高兴再次见到你 先生
It's been a great pleasure to see you again, sir.
内森 你真是…
Nathan, oh you're so...
你只要得出自己的结论就行了
Well you'll just have to draw your own conclusions.
如果那位
If as seems probable
美国的格拉德看起来像是恶棍
this American Garrideb is a rogue
那你们早就会跟他撇清关系了
then you may already have seen the last of him
但如果事情再有发展
but please, please let me know
请务必 务必告知我
if there are any further developments.
哦 我们会的
Oh, we shall.
再见 先生
Goodbye, sir.
再会吧 小沃特金斯
Good day, to you then, young Watkins.
胡言乱语
Poppycock and balderdash.
只消想想我用五百万美金 能够做些什么
Just think what I could do with five million dollars,
我拥有这整个国家 财富的核心
I've got the nucleus of a national collection.
我会是这个时代的哈里斯 斯隆
I shall be the Harris Sloan of my age.
迈克罗夫特 福尔摩斯
Mycroft, Holmes,
好吧 好吧
well, well,
先是警♥察♥
first the police
现在又是你
and now you.
你是来看我把马萨林宝石藏在哪儿的吧?
You've come to find where I am hiding the Mazarin stone?
我可没料到你会承认 伯爵
I didn't expect a confession, count.
那你不会失望的
Then you won't be disappointed.
您请
Please, if you wish.
小心
Be careful,
这是微力扳机
it's a hair trigger.
这是来自
They were a gift
威尔士王妃的礼物
from the Princess of Wales.
如此的协调
Such balance,
如此的工艺
such workmanship.
如此美好的东西
A beautiful thing,
却奇怪地落入错误的人手中
it's strangely in the wrong hand.
是啊 她真是美轮美奂
Yes, she is extraordinarily beautiful.
她?
She?
钻石
The diamond.
哦
Oh.
我得说我很惊讶之前没有人
I must say I'm surprised no one has been tempted
试图把她从白厅偷走
to steal her away from Whitehall before.
我相信诱惑一直都在 伯爵
I'm sure the temptation was there, count.
只是缺少胆量和机会
All that was lacking was audacity and opportunity.
胆量和机会
Ah, audacity and opportunity
还有动机
and motive.
好财与贪婪就是动机 伯爵
Avariciousness and greed are motives, count,
我确信你对这不陌生
I'm sure you're familiar with them.
警♥察♥十分相信
The police are satisfied
盗窃发生的时候
that I was away from the building
我在大楼之外
when the theft occurred.
接受事实吧
Que sera sera.
我会循着自己的线索调查
I'm following my own line of inquiry
就像明尼 沃伦德夫控告你
as my brother did with Miss Minny Warrendove
偷了她的珠宝时 我弟弟做的一样
when she accused you of stealing her jewels.
我问心无愧
My conscience is clear.
*我们的过去是无法分隔的二重体 迈克罗夫特
Our past is an unresolved dual Mycroft.
或许你对我怀有私人恩怨
You may hold some personal grievance against me
但那并不会赋予你
but that gives you no right
玷污我名誉的权力
to sully my good name and reputation.
这是我们之间的事 伯爵
This is between us, count,
你和我
you and me.
哦 原谅我
Oh do forgive me,
这是微力扳机
it's a hair trigger.
需要我等着吗?
Should I wait?
不 不必
No, no that won't be necessary.
很好
Very well then.
走吧
Walk on.
亲爱的福尔摩斯
My dear Holmes,
我同意五百万美金
I agree that five million dollars
是无法想象的慷慨数额
is an impossibly generous offer.
为了我过去的导师
For the sake of my old tutor,
我希望这不会被证明是假的
I hope it doesn't prove to be false.
很抱歉打扰你 医生
I'm sorry to disturb you, Doctor,
有位格拉德先生要见你
there's a Mr. Garrideb to see you.
谢谢 哈德森太太 让他进来
Thank you, Mrs. Hudson, show him in.
抱歉 我以为是别人
Forgive me, I was expecting someone else.
你以为是内森 格拉德吧
Mr. Nathan Garrideb I suppose.
你一定是沃特金斯医生吧
You must be, Dr. Watkins.
差不多
Close.
我能为你做些什么 格拉德先生?
What can I do for you Mr. Garrideb?
首先 你可以停止干涉
For a start you can stop interfering in matters
完全与你无关的事情
that don't rightly concern you.
抱歉
I'm sorry.
我今天见了那位老人和他的妹妹们
I saw the old man and his sisters today
他们告诉我 你是代表夏洛克 福尔摩斯先生
and they told me you were acting on behalf of Mr. Sherlock Holmes.
并不是针对你个人 格拉德先生
That's no reflection on you, Mr. Garrideb.
福尔摩斯先生和我能够从
Mr. Holmes and I have means of getting information,
其他民众无法获取的渠道得到信息
which is not normally available to the public.
我不想警方插手私事
I don't want the police butting into private matter.
但肯定的是 我们越早找到
But surely the sooner we find
第三位格拉德先生
a third male Garrideb
对所有人都越好
the better for all concerned.
那就不同了
Well, that puts it different.
如果你是乐于帮忙找到第三人
If you're content to help us find the third man,
那我看不出有任何害处
well, I can't see any harm in that.
希望这样能让你安心 格拉德先生
I hope I put your mind at rest, Mr. Garrideb.
约翰 格拉德
John Garrideb,
如果我刚才对你有任何唐突 那很抱歉 沃特金斯医生
I'm sorry if I was a bit short with you back there, Dr. Watkins?
叫我华生就行
Watson, it's quite all right.
我对这个国家完全不熟悉
I'm fairly new to this country
还没适应你们英国人的方式
and haven't gotten used to your English ways yet.
我想对你这样 温文尔雅而又单纯的人来讲
I guess I must seem impatient to a man like yourself,
我肯定看起来很没耐心
urbane and unsophisticated.
希望你的搜寻顺利 格拉德先生
Good luck with your search, Mr. Garrideb,
如果我发现任何有用的消息 我会通知你
I'll be in touch if I discover anything useful.
万分感激 医生
Much obliged, Doctor,
万分感激
much obliged.
约翰 格拉德穿着一件英国的外套
John Garrideb has an English coat
肘部和裤子上有磨损
frayed at the elbow and trousers,
膝部有松弛下垂 说明至少穿了一年
bagged at the knees with at least a year's wear.
尽管他那么说
Despite what he says
但我打赌他不是刚刚来到这个国家
I'll wager that he hasn't just arrived in this country.
你应该不会拒绝与
You would hardly refuse to trade
手里有质量上乘的钻石的人 做交易吧?
with someone who possessed a diamond of exceptional quality?
看情况 迈克罗夫特先生
That depends Mr. Mycroft.
看什么情况?
Oh, on what?
当然是钻石的情况
The providence of the diamond of course.
它的合法性
It's legality.
哪怕是由社会上一名
Even if it were brought to you
受尊敬的人士拿来的也是如此?
by a respectable member of society?
即便女王陛下拿她的王冠来
Her majesty could offer me the crown jewels
我也一样拒绝与她交易
and I'd still refuse to do business with her.
难以想像
Strange to think
那些结晶的碳块
that pieces of crystallized carbon
能够成为人类巨大幸福与灾祸的来源
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表