but it was nothing to the bleeding of my heart."
第245页
Page two four five.
还有一位目击证人 克莱恩夫人
And there's a witness, Mrs. Klein.
就是职业拳手史提夫·迪克西 他将指证你
The prize fighter, Steve Dixie, who will testify against you.
这些你都告诉我未来的婆婆了吗?
And all this... you told my future mother-in-law?
我跟她说了什么并不重要
What I told the Dowager is of no importance,
因为她无法阻止
since she cannot prevent
你跟她儿子的婚姻
your marriage to her son.
是的 她是没有办法 而你觉得你可以吗?
No, she cannot. And you believe that you can?
是的
Oh, yes.
你为什么要这样做呢?
Why should you wish to?
是因为我是个外国人吗?
Is it because I am a foreigner?
你也像那些英国佬一样 是个势利鬼吗 福尔摩斯先生?
Are you an English snob, Mr. Holmes?
我来告诉你吧
Let me tell you,
我们的人几代都是 伯南布哥的领袖
my people have been leaders in Pernambuco for generations.
夫人
Madame.
你是安达卢西亚 一位吉普赛人的私生子
You are the bastard child of a gypsy in Andalucia.
你这婊♥子♥养♥的♥
Hijo de puta!
是谁告诉你的?
Who told you?
是我交换来的
It is my trade.
你必须把手稿给我
Now you must give me the manuscript.
不 不 不
No. No, no, no!
你想得到纸袋里的灰烬吗?
You wish for ashes in a paper bag?
你对我太苛刻了
You are hard to me.
看着我的眼睛 一生的抱负就要被你毁了
Look at it with my eyes. A life's ambition about to be ruined.
那是你的原罪
The original sin was yours.
是的 我认识道格拉斯
Yes, I know, Douglas.
是的 我真的爱他
Yes, I did love him, truly.
是的 我确实爱过一阵子 以我的方式爱着他
Yes, yes. I did for a while, in my fashion.
可是他要的是婚姻 这是他唯一想要的
But he wanted marriage, nothing less would serve him
但这个并不符合我的计划
and it did not fit with my plans.
于是你就雇了些流氓殴打他
And so you hired ruffians to beat him
直到他在你的窗下奄奄一息
until he was nearly dead, under your window.
难道这能算是淑女的所为吗?
Is that the act of a lady?
没错
Yes, it is true.
巴尼跟那些男孩 赶他走的时候也许是有些粗野
Barney and the boys drove him away, perhaps a little too roughly.
可他之后干了什么?
But what did he do then?
他写了本书 对我进行恶毒地人身攻击
He wrote a book, a vicious, personal attack.
那能算是绅士的所为吗?
Was that the act of a gentleman?
你知道他的出版商并没有收到这本书?
You knew this publisher had not received it.
是的 那它就应该还在他奶奶的房♥子里
Yes. So it had to be in the house of his grandmother.
只要这本书存在 我就不可能安全
As long as that book existed, there was no safety for me.
我想诚心地做这件事
I wanted to do this thing honestly.
我接受了她开出的任何价格
I offered any price she cared to ask,
可她不接受
but she wouldn't take it.
难道保护自己也要受到谴责吗?
Are we to be blamed for protecting ourselves?
有一件事让我感兴趣
One thing intrigues me.
为什么像你这么一位 能把男人掌握于股掌之中的美丽女士
Why a woman as lovely as you, who wields such power over men,
也需要别人的保护呢?
needs the protection of anyone?
现实才不在乎我们
Nature doesn't give a damn for any of us.
我爱詹姆斯 我想要他
I love James, and I want him.
他代表着 我想要的一切
He represents all I have ever desired,
这是我获得某种安全感的一个机会
and my one chance of a kind of security
这种安全感 我称之为幸福
which I call happiness.
而你却要把它从我这儿夺走
And you would take it away from me?
为什么?
Why?
为什么?
Why?
为什么?
Why?
因为你是男人的毁灭者
Because you are a destroyer of men.
噢 是的
Oh, yes.
你毁掉了道格拉斯 曼伯利
You destroyed Douglas Maberley.
还差点毁掉了我的朋友约翰 华生
And very nearly my friend, John Watson,
用你那种为了自身的利益 而不顾一切的漠然
with a ruthless disregard for anything but your own selfish interest.
为什么在你这儿就不成功了呢?
Why have I failed with you?
我的要求只有这个
I require only this.
我要读到你跟洛蒙德公爵
That I read of the breaking of your engagement
解除婚约的消息 在星期四早上之前
to the Duke of Lomond, by Thursday morning.
要是我不答应呢?
And if I refuse?
苏格兰场 会展开对证人的全面调查
Scotland Yard. A full investigation, with witnesses.
我听你发落
I am at your mercy.
- 你这个混♥蛋♥ - 悉听尊便
- Haz de me lopeor - Do your worst.
噢 坐头等舱去环游世界
Oh, how much does it cost to go round the world
要多少钱呢?我算算
in first class style? Let me see, yes.
你写一张5000英镑的支票 给曼伯利太太
You will send a cheque for five thousand pounds to Mrs. Maberley.
这是你欠她的
You owe her a little change of that.
再见 克莱恩夫人
Goodbye, Mrs. Klein.
我毫不怀疑 有一天我会再见到
I have no doubt I shall see you again one day...
你在一个国王的怀抱里
on the arm of a king.
于是克莱恩夫人 著名的美人儿
And, therefore, The celebrated beauty, Mrs. Klein"
离开前往西班牙
"has departed for Spain."
她的家族几代都是 伯南布哥的领袖
"Her people have been leaders in Pernambuco for generations."
这是一篇有品位的报道
Well, it's a dignified report,
不知道其他人会怎么评价它
I wonder what others would have made of it.
你让她脱罪了 福尔摩斯
You let her off the hook, Holmes.
你是说她犯了重罪吗?
Compounding a felony, you mean?
谋杀
Murder.
本来就是不可能证实的
It would have been impossible to prove.
克莱恩夫人已经明白了
Mrs. Klein has learnt
一个道理 那就是…
that she can't play with edged tools forever without cutting those...
"玩火者必自焚"
aging hands of hers.
岁月不饶人
Time is not on her side.
我们走吧
Shall we?
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表