that you should inherit so much
这个人偏偏死于
from a man who dies of a disease
你最有研究的那种疾病
upon which you are the sole expert.
为什么
Why!
仅仅归结为巧合是不能令人信服的
Coincidence, bordering upon the unbelievable.
我来告诉你
Let me tell you
过去向你关闭的
the doors of your profession,
专业研究的大门
which had been closed to you,
现在将对你永远的锁上
will now be locked
永远的锁上
and bolted against you.
而这就是我的使命
It is my mission.
这里
Yes.
您的信件 福尔摩斯先生
The post, Mr. Holmes.
罗得西亚(在非洲)烟草
Rhodesian tobacco,
耶利米 卡莱尔寄
Jeremiah Carlisle.
萨维奇夫人
Mrs. Savage,
我知道您有足够的理智
I know you'll be sensible enough
不需要依赖这些东西
not to come to rely on this
但这还是有助于您度过这段困难时期
but it will help you through these difficult days.
谢谢您 医生
Thank you doctor.
医生 你得赶快来 福尔摩斯先生不行了
Doctor, you must come quickly, it's Mr. Holmes.
- 福尔摩斯?- 是的
- Mr. Holmes? - Yes.
为什么不早一点来叫我?
Why didn't you call me sooner?
他不让我来
He wouldn't give me leave.
我说不管同不同意 我都要请医生
So I said permission or no, I am.
他才说 那就叫华生来吧
And he said well let it be Watson then.
我怕他快不行了
I think he's dying.
哈德森太太
Now, now, Mrs. Hudson.
肯定没有您说的那么糟糕
I'm sure it's not as bad as you fear.
可他不让我靠近他
But he won't let me near him.
他一点东西都没有吃
He hasn't eaten a scrap.
他喝了很多水吧?
He has had plenty to drink, right?
三天了 他滴水未进
Not a drop has past his lips these three days
他去过罗哲海斯
and he's been to Rotherhithe.
他觉得就是在那传染上了热病
He thinks he caught the fever there.
- 天哪 - 他要死了 医生
- Good God. - He's dying doctor.
福尔摩斯?
Holmes?
福尔摩斯?
Holmes?
华生 我们是陷入困难时期了
Watson, we have fallen upon bad times.
我亲爱的伙伴
My dear fellow...
退后 请你往后退
Stand back, please stand right back!
不然我就把你赶出去
I'll have you thrown out of the house.
我想帮助你
I wish to help.
要真想帮助我 就照我说的做
The best thing you can do to help is to do what you're told.
当然
Of course.
关于卡尔弗顿 史密斯 是我们弄错了
We were wrong about Culverton Smith.
或许我不喜欢他
Maybe I don't like the man
但他不是谋杀犯
but he's no murderer.
洪水热在罗哲海斯蔓延
The River Fever is abroad in Rotherhithe.
福尔摩斯 我们得立刻送你上医院
Holmes, we must get you to a hospital at once.
不 和我保持距离
No, Now keep your distance!
你不知道这病是会传染的么
Don't you see this thing is contagious?
你觉得我会在意这个么?
Do you think such a consideration weighs with me?
离我远点
Keep your distance!
这病可能会传遍整个伦敦
This could run through London.
是痉挛
It's cramps.
福尔摩斯?
Holmes?
非要请医生的话
If I had a doctor at least
至少得请个让我信得过的
let me have someone whom I have confidence?
你信不过我?
You have none in me?
你的友情 当然信得过
Your friendship, yes.
可你只是一名普通的执业医师
But you're only a general practitioner
经验不足
with mediocre qualifications.
你的这评论可不足取 福尔摩斯
That remark is unworthy of you, Holmes.
它清楚地向我表明了 你神经焦躁不安的状态
It shows me very clearly the state of your nerves.
它证明了你的无知
That demonstrates your ignorance.
你对塔帕努里(印尼地名)热病 知道多少?
What do you know about Tapanuli Fever?
你知道福摩萨黑色败血症么?
What do you know about Black Formosa corruption?
我从来没有听过这两种病
I have never heard of either.
这是东方奇怪的病症
That is strange pathological disorders in the east.
要是你信不过我 我去请贾斯帕 米克
If you have no faith in me, let me fetch Jasper Meek.
还有彭罗斯 费舍尔 另外埃斯特利也在伦敦
Penrose Fisher, Ainstree is here in London.
我去把他找来
Let me fetch him.
只有一个人能帮助我
There's only one man who can help me.
一个被我们中伤过的人
It's a man we have maligned.
卡尔弗顿 史密斯?你相信他会帮忙么?
Culverton Smith? Do you believe he would help?
他必须帮
He must.
这是我唯一的机会了
It is my only chance.
牡蛎
Oysters,
它们真的会繁殖 不是么?
they do breed don't they?
我不能想象整个海底
I cannot think that the whole bottom of the ocean
就是一团硬硬的牡蛎
is one solid mass of oysters.
福尔摩斯 你能听见我说话么?
Holmes, can you hear me?
我马上就出门去找卡尔弗顿 史密斯
I'm going for Culverton Smith this instant.
那你去吧
Then go.
我会把他带回来的
I'm to bring him back here with me.
他是研究洪水热的专家
He's the emperor of river fevers,
你要说服他来这里
of course you must persuade him
但你得找个借口先回来
but you must return alone.
随便什么借口 别跟他一起回来
Any excuse not to come with him.
跟他说我很抱歉 真的很抱歉
Tell him I apologize, I do.
别让我失望 华生
Don't fail me Watson.
当然不会的
Of course not.
那些河流里
And what of rivers.
没有天敌
Are there no natural enemies
来限制那些生物的繁殖么?
to limit the increase of these creatures?
可怕
It's horrible,
太可怕了
horrible.
我要见卡尔弗顿 史密斯 这事很重要
It's essential that I see Mr. Culverton Smith.
先生 卡尔弗顿 史密斯先生
Mr. Culverton Smith, sir,
不希望在他工作时
does not appreciate being disturbed
有人打扰
during his hours of study.
- 等一下 您不能… - 史密斯
- Just a minute sir, you can't just... - Smith!
先生
Sir!
史密斯
Smith!
别这样 先生
Please sir!
史密斯
Smith!
先生 您不能这样
Sir, you can't just,
您不能进去 先生
you can't just walk in, sir.
噢 史密斯
Ah, Smith.
您这么做是要干什么 先生?
What the devil do you mean by this, sir?
我是为了歇洛克 福尔摩斯来的
I've come from Sherlock Holmes.
他病的很重
He is desperately ill,
他请求您去看看他
and he begs you to come to him.
为什么?
Why?
您就是个医生 可以照顾他
You are a physician, tend to him yourself.
他相信你是唯一能救他的人
He believes that you are the only man who can save him.
救他?
Save him?
我求你来看看吧
I beg you to come.
他感染了什么病了?
What has he contracted?
他想就是害死你表弟的那种热病
He thinks it is the fever which killed your cousin.
他怎么能染上那种病?
How did he come by it?
他去过罗哲海斯
He has been in Rotherhithe.
噢
Ah,
真令人遗憾
I'm sorry to hear this.
我希望您弄错了
I hope you are wrong.
尽管那天他侮辱了我
Despite his insulting behavior the other day,
我仍旧尊重他的才智
I have every respect for his talents.
他的业余爱好是研究犯罪
He's an amateur of crime
就像我的业余爱好是研究疾病
as I am of disease.
坏人之于他
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表