The cab's on the corner.
我希望这次不是白费力气
I do hope this is not a wild goose chase.
怎么可能呢?
How can it be?
好吧
Well,
我想那个漂亮姑娘把你 迷的晕头转向 谢谢
I think you've had your head turned by a pretty woman, thank you.
对了 关于卡尔弗顿 史密斯 有什么情况?
Oh yes, what about Culverton Smith?
我调查过他了
I looked him up.
卡尔弗顿 史密斯在东方的时候
Culverton Smith did some important medical work
从事过重要的医学工作
while he was in the east.
他拓宽了科学的领域
He pushed back the boundaries of science.
但是 他却不得不自费发表他的发现
However, he was obliged to publish his findingsat his own expense.
为什么?
Why?
他只是个业余爱好者
He's an amateur
那些专家们又很嫉妒
and the professionals are jealous.
我明白为什么他使你感兴趣了
Well I can see why he interests you.
你那些神秘的客人
Ah, your mystery guests.
他们都是谁?
Who are they?
我可不愿意让卡纳克上校 成为唯一的名人
I couldn't let Colonel Carnac be the only celebrity.
我不是因为他有名才请他的 亲爱的
I don't want him at our table because he's a celebrity, my darling.
纯粹是因为他有钱
It's just that he's horribly rich,
或者说他妻子非常有钱
or rather his wife is,
他们都把钱存在牛津伦巴德银行
and they bank with the Oxford and Lombard.
我个人觉得没有比
Personally I can't think of
在餐桌上猎取奇闻异事更糟的了
anything worse then hunting stories all through dinner.
我也这么觉得
Nor I.
所以我说服一位很有趣的猎人 也来加入我们
So I've persuaded a rather more interesting hunter to join us.
是谁?不要捉弄我 阿迪
Who is it? Don't tease, Addy.
歇洛克 福尔摩斯
Sherlock Holmes.
要我说 这可真是出乎意料
I say, that is something of a coup,
好极了
well done.
看 卡尔弗顿 史密斯也来了
Oh look, Culverton Smith's here too.
真高兴你又能邀请他 阿迪 我亲爱的
I'm so glad you felt able to invite him again, Addy darling.
看看他
Look at him.
大家都会觉得萨摩雷是他的
Anyone would think Somerleigh was his.
我很不喜欢这样
I do dislike it.
- 歇洛克 福尔摩斯先生?- 是的
- Mr. Sherlock Holmes? - Yes.
我是卡尔弗顿 史密斯
Culverton Smith.
阿德莱德告诉我有一位 令人惊喜的客人
Dear Adelaide promised me a surprise guest.
我还担心是因为哗众取宠而出名的人呢
I feared it might be somebody who was famous for being famous.
我没有料到 是您这种级别的
Someone of your distinction I had not expected at all.
我当然没有你出名
Nor I one of yours.
我?
Mine?
我没权要求这种待遇 福尔摩斯先生
I make no claims to distinction, Mr. Holmes.
您过谦了
You are too modest.
你写的关于苏门答腊和洪水热的
Your account of the pathology of the Sumatra
病理学报告是一部杰作
and River Fever is a masterpiece.
谢谢
Thank you,
谢谢
thank you.
当然 要让诱饵发挥作用
For a lure to work, of course,
得让动物相信这是安全的
you have to make the animal believe it's safe.
这样就好了
Now that's all very well.
但是 动物们对于危险总是很敏感
The animals involved, however, have a highly developed sense of danger.
我想福尔摩斯先生对危险也很敏感
I'm sure Mr. Holmes must have that sense,
是吗 福尔摩斯先生?
do you Mr. Holmes?
是的 我看得出来
Yes, I see it.
那么 你是说侦探
Yes, you mean that the detective
可以说是在
could be said to move
食肉动物和牺牲品的世界里活动
in a world of predators and victims.
我们都是这样的 上校
Oh, we all do that Colonel.
即使是最不起眼的家庭事务律师
Even humble family solicitors.
是的 那你给自己树了不少敌吧
Yes, and you would have enemies,
福尔摩斯先生
Mr. Holmes,
你就没有敌人么?
would you not?
对了 我敢说要是
Yes, yes, it would take something I dare say
有人想引福尔摩斯先生上钩然后对付他
to bring Mr. Holmes onto a lure
肯定要花很多工夫
and dispatch him.
需要仔细研究他的习惯
It would take careful study of his habits
在暗处发动袭击
and half-light shot or worse.
必要时甚至要跟踪他
It might even be necessary to follow him
一直追到他的老窝里去
up to his lair even.
伯特伦 安静点
Bertram, be quiet.
您没有怎么吃东西 福尔摩斯先生
You're not eating, Mr. Holmes.
有这么多东西要观察
With so much to observe,
吃就是次要的了
food becomes of secondary importance.
您都观察出了些什么?
What have you observed so far?
勇气
Courage,
燥热
fever,
贪婪
gluttony,
愤怒
acute irritation,
嫉妒
envy,
机智
wit, intelligence,
我是说都是些在英格兰所有大庄园里
I mean just the usual vices and virtues
常见的恶性和美德
with any large English country house.
真是好极了
This is very good.
你们知道
Do you know the game
"推硬币"的游戏么?
of "shove ha'penny?"
这个跟那个很像
Well it's similar.
我把它叫做"地毯滑冰"
I call this one "Rug skatery".
我那些把赌博当一回事的朋友
My more serious gambling friends,
就是那些股票经纪人
the stock broking fraternity that is to say,
因为把这游戏介绍到自己的居所
have introduced it to their establishments
而惹得妻子们非常生气
to the fury of their wives.
但是大家都同意
It is agreed, however,
论其可靠性来 萨摩雷是最好的
that the authentic Somerleigh version is best.
她压根儿不♥穿♥那些东西
And she never wore them at all.
要是我们不鼓动他们去玩那个愚蠢的游戏
Will the men be mortified
男人们会感到苦恼么?
if we don't cheer them on at their silly game?
我敢说他们会的
I dare say they will.
这都快成个反面的理由了
It's almost a reason for not doing it.
还不是为了和睦
But for the sake of harmony
我们才迁就这些大孩子
We indulge little boys.
主人又一次超过了大家的预测
Our host has again out jumped all estimates.
- 所以律师压对了 - 谢谢
- So the lawyer takes the pot. - Thank you.
干得好 查尔斯
Well done, Charles,
现在该我了
my turn now.
先生们 咱们来赌一把吧
Faites vos jeux, gentlemen
我该把你们最后一次的预测减半
I should halve your estimates of last time.
- 妈妈 - 没事的
- Mama. - It's quite all right.
我家的孩子也一样
My children do that too.
妈妈
Mama.
爸爸他怎么啦?
What is wrong with papa?
他抱着我的时候
When he hugged me
我觉得很恐怖
he felt horrid.
他浑身冰冷 还在发抖
He felt all cold and shivery.
你想说什么 宝贝?
What do you mean by that, darling?
好像他就快要死了
He felt as if he was dead.
别说傻话了
Oh don't be silly.
医生
Doctor!
史密斯
Smith.
可怜的家伙
Poor fellow.
我没能帮到他 福尔摩斯先生
I could do nothing for him, Mr. Holmes,
连我也没帮得到他
not even I.
护士也在尽力照顾
The nursing was all right, too,
真是一出悲剧
a tragic business.
有一件事 您能帮助我么?
Will you satisfy me upon one point?
当然
Of course.
对这种疾病 您知道多少?
This disease, do you know what it was?
所有症状都显示这是一种热病
All the signs point to that class of fevers,
其中苏门答腊洪水热是最致命的
of which the Sumatran River Fever is the most deadly.
但并不一定就是这种病
It was not necessarily that however.
那也非常接近
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表