剧集 | 好想做一次(2020) | 导航列表
我爱你 所以我担心你身子太虚弱了
I love you, which is why I worry about how weak you are.
好了 话题重新转向德维
Okay, back to Devi.
我想我们都想说 为你能进入灌木丛感到骄傲
I think what we're all trying to say is we're so impressed you got into Shrubland.
《科学人》选出的20位20岁以下精英 一半都是那儿毕业的
Half of the Scientific American's 20 under 20 went there.
所以你会提前一年离开 去这里上学吗?
So, uh, you would leave a year early to go here?
如果我要去的话 没错 但我已经下定决心拒绝他们了
If I were going, yeah. But I already made up my mind to turn them down.
你确定吗?这所学校似乎 能为你的成功人生铺路
Are you sure? This school seems like it could really set you up for success.
妈妈 如果我需要这所学校才能上 普林斯顿 那我会去 但我不需要
Mom, if I needed this school to get into Princeton, I would go. But I don't.
我的成绩好得很 我参加的课外活动多得数不过来
I have sick grades. I'm in a billion extracurriculars,
所有老师都喜欢我 对吧 库老师?
and I have all of my teachers wrapped around my finger. Right, Mr. K?
-什么? -随你怎么选吧 德维
- What? - It's your choice, Devi.
-要是你不想去 我也不会逼你 -真的吗?
You don't want to go. I'm not gonna push you.
你不先去看看吗?
Really? Um, you're not even going to go visit?
老实说 我也还没做好送她走的准备
Honestly, I'm not quite ready to send her off yet, either.
妈妈 你今天是臭骂了 哪一位客户服务代表呀?
So, Mami, what customer service representative did you scream at today?
嗨 我想我们要走了
Hi, I think we're gonna head out.
哦 好吧 拜托帮忙谢谢曼尼什 给我们介绍了抖音上的意面薯片
Oh, okay. Uh, please thank Manish for introducing us to TikTok pasta chips.
非常特别
They were very unique.
我会的
I will.
听着 我不想多管闲事
So, listen, I don't wanna interfere,
但我觉得你们应该重新考虑 灌木丛这个选项
but I do think that you should reconsider Shrubland.
我之前很害怕离开家、离开家人
I was terrified to leave my home and my family,
但我特别感激做了这个决定
but I'm so thankful that I did
因为加州理工大学 是一个无与伦比的机会
because CalTech has been this unbelievable opportunity for me.
如果我的家人没有逼我来 那我就无法成长那么多
I never would've grown so much if my family hadn't pushed me to come.
要是我管太多了 那对不起 我只是没办法不说出来
I'm sorry if I'm overstepping. I just had to say it.
好 晚安
Okay. Good night.
晚安 卡玛拉
Good night, Kamala.
谢谢你说出来
I appreciate it.
应该的
Of course.
我想回印度 我讨厌这里
I want to go back to India. I hate it here.
因为德维幼儿园的一些妈妈对你无礼 你就讨厌美国的一切了?
You hate all of America because some moms at Devi's preschool were rude to you?
她们不仅对我无礼 还很残忍♥
They weren't just rude to me, they were cruel.
你应该看看当我把咖喱炖鸡 带到百家饭上时 她们露出什么表情
You should have seen their faces when I put my korma down at the potluck.
她们都不把我当回事
They treat me like I'm nothing.
总是装出听不懂我的口音的样子
They always act like they can't understand my accent.
对我说话的时候 把我当孩子一样
They talk to me like I'm a child.
我要一直忍♥气吞声 直到德维上大学吗?
Am I supposed to endure this until Devi gets to college?
不 情况会好起来的
No, and it will get better.
但我们为了来到这里 牺牲了这么多
But the reason we sacrificed so much to come here
是为了让我们的孩子
was so that our child
抓住所有获得最优教育的机会
would have every opportunity to get the best education.
我们不能因为自己的需求就忘了初衷
We can't let our needs stand in the way of that.
与此同时 要不我们用电脑
In the meantime, why don't we get on the computer
给那些女士订阅一大堆垃圾邮件?
and subscribe those ladies to a lot of spam?
如果他们杀了那个印度角色 我就写信跟Netflix理论
If they kill off the Indian character, I'm writing to Netflix.
奶奶
Uh, Pati,
我觉得《鱿鱼游戏》的重点 就是很多人都要死
I think the whole point of Squid Game is that a lot of people have to die.
-德维! -天啊!
- Devi! - Oh my God!
我们要去科罗拉多看看那所学校
We're gonna go visit that school in Colorado.
我已经订了票 没有商量的余地
I've already booked the tickets. There'll be no discussion.
Hmm?
是的 她要求我去科罗拉多的学校
Yeah, so she's like demanding I go to this Colorado school
《闪灵》讲的就是那里的故事吧
that's basically where The Shining happened.
我不想看到可怕的双胞胎
I don't need to see no creepy twins.
好吧 听上去你妈妈 只是想让你去看看学校
All right, well, it sounds like your mom just wants you to visit the school, Devi.
她不是要在火车开到落基山脉的时候 把你扔下车
It's not like she's gonna throw you off the train in the Rocky Mountains.
但这是浪费时间 我又不会去那里上学
But it's still a waste of time. I'm never gonna go there.
那去看学校干什么?
So why do I have to visit?
因为你该给这所学校一次机会
Because you should give it a chance.
可能出乎意料呢? 这可能是个很棒的机会
You never know. It could be an amazing opportunity.
瑞安博士 自从我进入青春期后 我就一直在给毕业年做计划
Dr. Ryan, I've been planning my senior year since I hit puberty.
这必须发生在我平常的高中 做着平常毕业年做的事情
And it has to happen at my normal high school
跟我平常的朋友一起
doing normal senior stuff with my mostly normal friends.
不能跟一群不剃腋毛的 乱七八糟的人在树林里
Not in the woods with a bunch of randos with visible pit hair.
听着 我不是说你必须去那里上学
Look, I'm not saying that you have to attend.
我只是说 接受新的体验很重要
I'm just saying it's important to be open to new experiences.
德维 听着 当你把自己锁在某个梦想里规限了人生的轨迹时
- Ugh. - Devi, look. When you lock yourself into a dream of what your life should be,
这就是画地为牢
you limit yourself.
我很清楚 你 德维 被困在了一个特定的梦里
And I know for a fact, you, Devi, are locked into a very particular dream.
你想和学校里最帅的男人约会
You want to date the hottest guy in school.
你想成为人气小姐 你得去上普林斯顿
You want to be Miss Popularity, and you just got to go to Princeton.
我不会在普林斯顿这个梦想上让步
I will not budge on Princeton.
我只想说 也许你已经长大了 不需要那个梦想了
All I'm saying is maybe you've outgrown that dream.
你还是高一时的那个德维吗?
I mean, are you still the same Devi you were freshman year?
不是了
I'm not.
你绝对没那么常 把“这就对了”挂在嘴边了
You definitely don't say "word up" as much.
拜托 医生
Come on, Doc.
试着敞开心扉吧
Just try to be open.
宝贝 这个世界很大
Baby, the world is big.
有时候 给自己惊喜是件好事
Sometimes it's good to surprise yourself.
看呀 特伦特
Ah. Look, Trent.
帕克斯顿去拿他的帽子和礼服了 你呢?你去拿了吗?
Paxton picked up his cap and gown. How about you? Did you go get yours?
别担心
Don't worry about it.
我很担心
I am worried about it.
-你知道两天后要举♥行♥毕业典礼吧? -知道
- You know graduation's in two days, right? - Totally.
宝贝 我知道离开校园很可怕
Babe, I know leaving school is scary,
但我看到布卡迪贝波餐厅 在找新的意面伙伴
but I just saw that Buca di Beppo is looking for a new pasta associate.
那对你来说 可能是个兴奋的新冒险征程呢
That could be a really exciting new adventure for you.
-嗯 -帕克斯顿 你能帮忙吗?
- Uh-huh. - Paxton, can you please help?
如果你不参加毕业典礼 我就跟马库斯说他是我的死党
If you don't show up to graduation, I'll tell Marcus he's my best friend.
我会去的 哥们
I'll be there, bro.
很好 请你们去我的车♥库♥外聊这事吧
Great. Now, if you could both take this conversation outside of my garage,
我得把演讲稿写完
I gotta finish my speech.
写得如何?
How's that coming?
需要我给德维发信息 让她帮忙吗? 她很爱演讲
Do you need me to text Devi for help? She loves giving speeches,
虽然大部分是道歉演讲
although mostly in the form of apologies.
不用了 这是我第一次 觉得知道自己要讲什么
No. For the first time, I think I actually know exactly what I want to say.
Hmm.
♪ You threw it away so easy ♪
(科罗拉多)
♪ You don't take it personally... ♪
哇 德维 看看这个地方
Wow, Devi, look at this place.
每个人看起来都很开心 充满活力
Everyone looks so happy and active.
太户外了 要是在去上课的路上 有熊袭击我 要怎么办?
Mmm, it's too outdoorsy. What if a bear attacks me on my way to class?
你知道 我吃那么多糖 闻起来会很美味
You know I smell delicious because of all the sugar I eat.
有时候 确实会有一家子熊 过来探望我们
We actually do have a bear family that visit sometimes,
但它们唯一会袭击的 就是我们的垃圾桶
but the only thing they ever attack is our dumpster.
嗨 你们是维什瓦库马尔一家吗?
Hi, are you the Vishwakumars?
是的 嗨 这是德维 我是她妈妈娜里妮
Yes, hi. This is Devi. I'm her mom, Nalini.
你一定是费里斯老师了?
You must be Mr. Ferris?
别 叫我里奥就行
Oh no, call me Leo.
在灌木丛 学生会直呼老师的名字
At Shrublands, students refer to teachers by their first names.
看到了吗 德维? 你很爱这种没礼貌的胡闹
See, Devi? You love disrespectful nonsense like this.
我们认为赋予年轻人♥权♥利很重要
We think it's important to empower young adults
要让他们认为自己 跟老师们在智力上是平等的
to see themselves as intellectual equals with teachers.
是啊 直到你晚上8点就关灯 让他们上♥床♥睡觉吗?
Sure, until you have to tuck 'em in for lights out at, like, what, 8:00 p.m.?
哦 不啊 我们的宵禁时间很灵活
Oh no, we have flexible curfews.
很多大学水平课程的学习小组
A lot of the study groups for the college-level courses
要在图书馆里学习到很晚
meet in the library pretty late.
大学水平课程?哇
College-level courses? Whoa.
让我带你们参观一圈
Let me give you a tour,
德维 我希望你能旁听我的下一堂课
and then, Devi, I'd love for you to sit in on my next class,
对比文学和文化理论
Comparative Literature and Cultural Theory.
好气派的名字啊
Oh. What an impressive long name.
♪ Why's it always raining ♪
♪ In the bedside falling asleep... ♪
-嘿 -嘿
- Hey. - Hey.
你是不是也把美术课的东西落下了?
Did you accidentally leave your art stuff behind too?
我没忘
No, I didn't forget.
就是自行车的篮子放不下这么多东西
I just couldn't fit it in the basket of my bicycle,
所以我爸爸开车送我来 载走所有东西
so my dad drove me here to pick everything up.
等等
Wait, wait, wait. Hold up.
你是骑着有篮子的自行车上学吗?
剧集 | 好想做一次(2020) | 导航列表