剧集 | 好想做一次(2020) | 导航列表
Hey, gods. It's Devi Vishwakumar,
各位神明 我是德维·维什瓦库马尔
your favorite Hindu girl in the San Fernando Valley.
圣费尔南多谷这 你们最喜欢的印度教女孩
What's a-poppin'?
你们好吗
It's the first day of school, and I thought we should have a check in.
今天是开学第一天 我想我们该联♥系♥一下
I think we can all agree that last year sucked
我觉得我们应该都承认 出于许多原因
for a number of reasons.
去年真的糟透了
So I thought of a few ways you guys can make it up to me.
所以我给想了些让你们补偿我的办法
One: I'd like to be invited to a party with alcohol and hard drugs.
第一 我想被邀请参加去有酒有毒品的聚会
I'm not gonna do them. I'd just like the opportunity to say:
我不会真的喝酒吸毒 我只想有机会说
"No cocaine for me, thanks. I'm good."
"我不吸可♥卡♥因♥ 谢谢 不用了"
Two: I'd love for my arm hair to thin out.
第二 我希望我的手毛能少一点
I know it's an Indian thing,
我知道这是印度人的特点
but my forearms look like the frigging floor of a barber shop.
但我的小臂他妈看着像理发店的地板
And lastly, most importantly,
最后也是最重要的一点
I'd really, really like a boyfriend,
我真的真的很想要个男朋友
but not some nerd from one of AP classes.
不过不要我大学预修课上的那种书呆子
Like a guy from a sports team.
要运动队里的那种男生
He can be dumb. I don't care.
他可以很蠢 我不在乎
I just want him to be a stone-cold hottie, who could rock me all night long.
我只希望他是个冷酷的大帅哥 可以让我爽翻一整夜
Thanks for considering. I love you guys.
谢谢你们考虑我的请求 我爱你们
As she said, this is Devi Vishwakumar.
就像她说的 她是德维·维什瓦库马尔
She's a 15-year-old Indian-American girl from Sherman Oaks, California,
住在加州舍曼奧克斯的15岁印度裔美国女孩
and it's her first day of sophomore year.
今天是她高二开学的第一天
And I am legendary tennis player, John McEnroe.
而我是传奇网球选手约翰·麦肯罗
Point to Mr. McEnroe.
约翰·麦肯罗得分
Wow, I look great there.
哇 我看起来好帅
Now, you may be asking yourself:
你可能在想
why is sports icon John McEnroe narrating this tale?
为什么运动明星约翰·麦肯罗要来讲这个故事呢
Dammit! It'll make sense later, I promise.
靠 我保证 过会你就明白了
Her story starts when her parents,xa0Nalini and Mohan,
她的故事从她的父母 娜里妮和莫汉
moved to the United States in September 2001.
2001年9月搬到美国时开始讲起
Not a super chill time to be a brown person in America.
那时作为在美国的棕色人种很不容易
Yes!
好球
Devi worshipped her father.
德维很崇拜她父亲
And while he and her mother stayed true to their Indian roots...
她的父母一直遵循着印度的传统…
No, no, no, thank you. We are vegetarians.
不用了 谢谢 我们是素食主义者
Devi was all-American.
而德维完全美国化了
But shortly after this barbecue,
但是在这次烧烤后不久
things got complicated for this little family.
这个小家庭突遭变故
At Devi's spring orchestra concert,
在德维的春季交响音乐会上
Mohan had a heart attack.
莫汉突发心脏病
Mohan!
莫汉
Somebody call 9-1-1!
快打911
Somebody call an ambulance. An ambulance, please!
来人快叫救护车 救护车
Mohan!
莫汉
He died.
他去世了
Devi was devastated,
德维非常伤心
but things were about to get even worse.
但事情马上又急转直下
A week later...
一周之后…
Devi's legs stopped working.
德维的腿动不了了
There was no medical reason why, but they were definitely not working.
医学上没有解释 但她的腿就是不会动了
And now, she was in a wheelchair.
现在她坐着轮椅
Just because Devi is confined to a wheelchair,
只因为德维坐在轮椅上
does not make her any less human.
不意味着她没那么人类了
As far as we know, it's not contagious.
至少据我们所知 她的病不会传染
But she wouldn't have to go through it alone.
但她不用一个人经历这一切
Her two best friends took the situation in stride.
她的两个闺蜜很快接受了现实
Well, maybe not in stride, but definitely in character.
也许不是很快 但绝对是很有个性
One day, you will walk again.
总有一天 你会重新站起来的
If not, I will build you legs.
如果不行 我会给你造一双腿的
This is Fabiola Torres, captain of the high school robotics team.
这位是法布奥拉·托雷斯 高中机器人队的队长
And this is Eleanor Wong, president of the drama club.
这位是埃莉诺·王 戏剧社的社长
This is worse than if it were happening to me.
简直比发生在自己身上还难受
In protest, I shan't use my legs either.
为了抗♥议♥ 我也不用腿了
Aside from her friends,
除了她的朋友们
there was only one other person who could raise her spirits...
还有一个人可以让她打起精神
and also her heart rate.
心率飙升
Paxton Hall-Yoshida, the hottest guy at Sherman Oaks High.
帕克斯顿·霍尔吉田 舍曼奧克斯高中最性感的男生
I know it's a little weird for me to be saying that,
我知道我说这话有点奇怪
but come on, look at this kid's jawline.
不过说真的 看看这孩子下颌线
And as it turned out,
而后来
three months after Devi's paralysis set in,
德维瘫痪三个月后
Paxton's chiseled face actually worked a miracle.
帕克斯顿轮廓分明的脸庞召唤出了奇迹
Come on, dude. Give me a turn.
来吧 兄弟 转一圈
Just like that, she could walk again.
就这样 她又可以走路了
So today, Devi returns to high school.
所以今天 德维要回高中了
Can she shed her old identity
她能否把自己在学校活动上
as the paralyzed Indian girl,
丧父又瘫痪的印度女孩
whose dad dropped dead at a school function?
这个身份标签甩在身后
It's not likely.
大概不会
Those things are pretty unforgettable,
这些事太令人难忘了
but with working legs comes a whole host of new possibilities.
不过能正常行走的腿带来了新的可能
So go get 'em, Devi!
所以加油吧 德维
Devi, are you still praying?
德维 你还在祈祷吗
Our gods have other stuff to do, you know?
神明们还有其他事情要忙呢
I was about to ask for good grades.
我正要祈祷取得好成绩
Now, grab your textbooks. We need to go.
带上你的课本 我们得走了
Devi,
德维
that textbook has been blessed. If it touches the ground,
那本课本是被开过光的 要是掉地上了
I have to take it back to the priest.
就又得拿去找牧师了
I don't have the time to go to Rancho Cucamonga today.
我今天可没时间去库卡蒙格牧场
It's fine. I caught it.
没关系 我接住了
Oh, Devi!
德维
I made you a lunch.
我给你做了午餐
That's Devi's cousin, Kamala.
这位是德维的堂姐卡玛拉
She moved in after Mohan's passing
她在莫汉去世后搬了进来
to complete her PhD at CalTech.
攻读加州理工学院的博士学位
Devi is not a fan.
德维不喜欢她
I don't bring lunch on Tuesdays. It's square pizza day.
我周二不带午饭 今天是方形披萨日
Devi, don't be rude to your beautiful cousin.
德维 别对你美丽的堂姐不礼貌
I'm not that beautiful.
我没有那么漂亮啦
Sorry. Are you a model?
对不起 你是模特吗
Oh, thank you so much.
非常感谢
No. I'm a biologist.
不 我是个生物学家
I could never be a model. I'm too curvaceous.
我可当不了模特 我线条太丰满了
I know this sounds crazy, but would you want to get dinner?
我知道有点冒昧 但是你愿意一起吃晚饭吗
Hey, buddy, keep it moving.
喂 老兄 快走
Take your broke-ass bike and get out of here.
骑上你的破车离开这里
This can't keep happening.
不能再发生这种事了
Our recycling bins can't take much more of this.
我们的垃圾桶都快要受不了了
How long is Kamala gonna stay with us?
卡玛拉还要和我们一起住多久
As long as it takes for her to finish her studies. Why?
直到她毕业 怎么了
She's just so... Indian.
她太…印度了
Like, the other day,
就像那天
she said she was gonna open the TV instead of turn on the TV.
她说她要把电视开了 而不是打开电视
Devi, she's family. She's bettering her life.
德维 她是家人 她在努力改善生活
You could actually learn a bit from her.
你可以向她学习的
I bet she doesn't let her textbooks fall on the floor.
我猜她肯定不会让课本掉地上
Oh, my God. It never touched the ground!
天啊 它根本就没掉到地上
As Devi walked into school for the first time,
德维一走进校园
it was impossible not to notice everybody staring at her.
很难不注意到大家都在盯着她看
But it didn't matter, because she had her squad.
但是没关系 她还有她的小团体
Have you seen the nurse's new haircut? I love it.
你看见护士的新发型了吗 我超喜欢
No, I have to check it out.
没有 我得去看看
Guys, sophomore year is gonna be our year. I can feel it.
姐♥妹♥们♥ 高二将会是属于我们的一年 我能感觉到
Sophomore actually means "wise fool" in Greek,
在希腊语里 高二的意思是"聪明的傻瓜"
so it can really go either way.
所以好坏都有可能
Oh, my God. I just realized
天哪 我刚想到
that this is our last first day of sophomore year we'll ever have.
这是我们最后一次高二开学的第一天了
I'm gonna cry. Right.
我要哭了 是吧
剧集 | 好想做一次(2020) | 导航列表