剧集 | 流言终结者(2003) | 导航列表
That came out perfect.
形状很完美
So we've got our complete set of hand molds now.
我们做了一套手模具
All we have to do is put these skeletons in them
现在要做的就是把这些骨架放进去
and then put the tops on them, strap them together,
然后把模盖盖上 捆紧
fill them with rubber, and we're good to go.
灌入橡胶就行了
Since we're anticipating a little bit of physical damage to the hand,
我们想了解爆♥炸♥对手模造成的物理伤害
we might as well make it look good.
所以还要把它弄得逼真点
Oh, yeah.
不错啊
Oh, it's so pretty.
太漂亮了
Nice. It's gonna be perfect for the test.
真棒 用它来做实验真是太完美了
Yeah.
没错
So, now they can get hands on with their dry-ice device.
现在他们要着"手"干冰装置了
I'm not running for my own recreation.
我跑步可不是自娱自乐
Who would do that?
谁会干那种傻事
No, I'm running because this is our location
我跑过来是因为这就是我们进行
for detonating the dry-ice bombs.
引爆干冰炸♥弹♥的场地
That's right.
没错
We've come to the bomb range
我们来到了爆♥炸♥实验场
because that's how seriously we take the danger of these things.
因为我们对这次实验的危险性非常重视
It's serious,
之所以重视
because although soda bottles are designed
是因为尽管汽水瓶本身
to resist the pressure of their carbonized contents,
可以抵抗释放出的二氧化碳的压力
expanding dry ice is a whole 'nother ball game.
但膨胀的干冰就完全是另一回事了
Perfect.
非常完美
So what are we doing?
我们要怎么做呢
...
我们要把固态二氧化碳
Yep, this stuff, known commonly as dry ice.
没错 这玩意 通常叫做干冰
inside a sealed container along with a little bit of water.
和一些水放在一个密闭的容器里
,
水会将固态二氧化碳转化成气态
expanding to between 500 and 800 times its original volume,
使其体积扩大为原来的五百到八百倍
which'll increase the pressure inside the container
这将使容器内的压力增加至
to in excess of 100 psi,
690千帕以上
at which point it'll rupture violently,
这时容器会猛地炸开
releasing all of that gas,
释放出里面全部二氧化碳
not unlike what happens when you set off an explosive.
和引爆♥炸♥药的效果非常相似
Yep, so now it's time to bring some data to the equation
没错 是时候收集数据
and find out just how damaging those booms can be.
弄清这种爆♥炸♥的破坏程度
Back at the shop...
回到工作间...
What is your problem?
你怎么搞的啊
things are starting to wind down.
节拍器开始停下来了
Keep going, keep going.
别停 别停
So Adam and Jamie are winding them up again.
因此亚当和杰米又将它们摆动起来
Remember, kids, this is something you can do
孩子们 请记住 你们可以在家
with that extra 200 metronomes you've got around the house.
找出200多个节拍器来试试
After 30 minutes of ticking,
节拍器摆动了三十分钟后
Adam tries a last ditch attempt to nudge the metronomes into sync.
亚当使出了最后的杀手锏来推动节拍器同步
Oh, look at that.
快看啊
But as soon as he stops, they come out of phase.
但他一停止摇晃 节奏又都乱了
They're starting to run out.
它们又快要停下来了
And it's clear this game is up.
很显然 游戏结束了
Jamie and I started them one at a time.
我和杰米逐一拨动节拍器
We were able to get them all going in a couple of minutes,
使它们在几分钟内就全部开始摆动起来
but they never quite got synched up.
但它们并没有完全同步
You could hear them going in phase and out of phase.
你能听到它们有时一致 有时不一致
That one's out, that one's out.
这个停了 那个也停了
And certainly looking down the aisles
当然俯瞰每行
and through the columns,
纵看每列
they looked awesome and they sounded amazing,
它们很壮观 听起来也不错
but they never quite got all in sync together.
但却从未完全同步过
I love the sound,
我喜欢这声音
but this is not a successful world record attempt.
但这却是一次失败的破世界纪录的尝试
Every now and then, you could hear them sort of --
偶尔你能听到它们的声音
it sounded like they were marching in step,
像是步调一致地行军
and then they'd march right back out of step again.
然后又乱了套
This just totally didn't work.
这真是完全做不到
Despite the high tech, low friction air hockey table,
尽管放在了高科技的低摩擦空气曲棍球桌上
the metronomes just didn't want to synchronize.
节拍器还是不能同步
So, clearly,
因此很明显
while these metronomes work fine individually,
这些节拍器运转良好
there is enough variation in the manufacturing tolerance
它们的制♥造♥公差并不会
that to get them all ticking in perfect sync,
影响其进行完美地同步摆动
you would have to calibrate each one individually.
但还是得逐个调整校正
Now, if you want to cross calibrate 216 metronomes,
如果你想交叉调整216个节拍器
by all means go ahead and give it a try.
那么请一定要在家尝试一下
This one's still going.
这个还在摆动
Shut up.
闭嘴
This is the biggest fail we have ever achieved.
这是我们经历过的最大失败了
All that work.
费了这么大劲儿
Yeah, you can try this at home.
是啊 你可以在家尝试一下
Your results may vary.
结果也许有所不同
See you next time.
下次见吧
Now, we found this one on the internet.
这个是我们在网上发现的
A man made a video of water coming out of a hose,
有人拍摄了一段水从软管流出来的视频
and he made the water freeze in space.
并且使水在空中凝固
I did exactly what he said to do.
我完全做出了这种效果
I got a speaker.
我准备了一个扬声器
I taped a hose with running water to it,
把流水的软管粘在上面
and then I attached it to a tone generator.
然后把扬声器与音频发生器相连接
Now, there's one last piece to this puzzle,
现在就剩下这个拼图的最后一块了
and that's a video camera.
那就是摄像机
You ready to have your minds blown?
你准备好大开眼界了吗
Look!
瞧啊
Now, watch this. I can make it go backwards.
现在快看 我能让它倒流
I'm gonna take it to 22 hertz.
我把音频发生器调到22赫兹
It goes backwards.
它开始倒流啦
What? What?
怎么回事 怎么回事
Now, the whole reason this optical illusion works
这个视错觉成功的原因
because you are shooting 24 frames per second.
是因为摄像机每秒拍摄24帧画面
If you set the hertz around 24,
如果你把音频发生器调至24赫兹左右
it vibrates the water so that the water's in the same place
它会振动水流 这样摄像机每拍摄一帧
every single time the camera takes a picture,
水流都会在同样的位置
which makes it look like the water is frozen in space.
这就像水流在空中凝固了一样
And if you play around with the hertz,
如果你试着调成不同的赫兹值
you can actually make it look like the water is going in reverse.
你就能让水看起来像是在倒流
It's not really, but it looks like it.
其实不是 但却很像
Kind of cool.
挺酷的吧
Wow. Look at that.
瞧这大家伙
That is the biggest test tube I've ever seen.
这是我见过的最大的试管
Now, you've seen elephant toothpaste.
你们已经看过了大象牙膏实验
What I'm gearing up for now
我现在准备做的
is something you've never seen on television before
是你从未在电视上看到过的
and definitely shouldn't try at home.
也绝对不能在家尝试的
That is monster toothpaste.
那就是巨型大象牙膏实验
We're super sizing it.
我们在搞超大尺寸版
Go ahead. Take me up.
好了 把我升上去
With over 200 times the raw ingredients,
加入相当于之前实验200多倍的原料
this will be monster toothpaste.
这就是巨型大象牙膏实验
You guys ready?
你俩准备好了吗
I think the question is, are you ready?
应该问你准备好了没有
She looks ready. Do it.
她像是准备好了 开始吧
Okay.
好的
Here we go.
开始了
This is monster toothpaste.
巨型大象牙膏实验上演了
Oh, all right, go. Back me up.
好的 快点 把我往后倒
Oh, my god.
我的天呐
Holy...
天呐
Nice. Anybody want a brush?
棒极了 有人想刷牙吗
Oh, my god.
我的天呐
That's cool.
真是太帅了
That's insane.
真不可思议
剧集 | 流言终结者(2003) | 导航列表