剧集 | 流言终结者(2003) | 导航列表
Remember kids,
记住 孩子们
don't try anything you see on this show at home.
请勿在家尝试本片中的任何实验
We're experts.
我们是专家
And this was like this when we got here.
我们到这的时候它就成这样了
On this episode of "mythshiners"...
本集《流言酿造者》
The team gets loaded
终结者们准备了
with a double shot of moonshine myths.
两条关于私酿烈酒的流言
Okay, go ahead and fire it up.
好了 点火吧
First, could your hooch house be blown to bits...
首先是你的酿酒屋是否会因蒸馏器爆♥炸♥...
This entire house is gonna leap five feet in the air.
整个房♥子将会被炸飞1.5米高
by an exploding still?
而被炸得粉碎呢
And could a tank of that old white lightnin'...
一油箱陈年私酿酒...
I think this thing is running on moonshine and a prayer.
我觉得这东西是靠烈酒和诚意开动起来的
have enough juice to run your car?
能否提供足够的动力让车跑起来
This is what moonshine is all about!
这才是私酿烈酒的威力
Find out as the mythbusters hit the hard stuff.
《流言终结者》烈酒特辑即将为您揭晓
Who are the mythbusters?
流言终结者是何方神圣
Adam Savage...
亚当·沙维奇
I got the chicken!
我抓到鸡了
and Jamie Hyneman.
杰米·海曼
I'm ready.
我准备好了
Between them, more than 30 years of special-effects experience.
他们有超过三十年的特技经验
Together with Grant Imahara...
和他们二位一道的是格兰特·今原
Kari Byron...
卡莉·拜伦
Always makes me feel dangerous.
总让我觉得危险
and Tory Belleci.
托里·贝鲁奇
There's something you don't see every day.
这可不是什么常见的场景
They don't just tell the myths.
他们不光叙述流言
They put them to the test.
他们还将流言付诸实践
Deep in the Appalachian mountains,
阿巴拉契亚山脉深处
the moonshiners battle the elements...
私酒贩子要对抗自然
each other,
相互斗争
and the law...
以及逃避法律
You never know when you got to run.
你无法预料什么时候要逃跑
to continue the proud tradition of moonshine.
以传承私酿烈酒的光荣传统
It's a tradition steeped in legend,
这是一个充满着传奇色彩的传统
and where there's legend, there's the mythbusters.
哪里有传说 哪里就有流言终结者
So, first up, Adam and Jamie are starting with a bang.
首先 亚当和杰米将以爆♥炸♥开始
You ever tried moonshine, Jamie?
你喝过私酿烈酒吗 杰米
Do you think I should answer that?
你觉得我该回答吗
Eh, probably okay.
应该可以吧
Well, then I probably have.
那我应该喝过
Have you ever made moonshine, though?
那你私自酿制过烈酒吗
Do you think I should answer that?
你觉得我该回答这个吗
Probably not.
还是别回答了
Well, then I probably haven't.
那我应该没酿过
But you are familiar with the idea
但你应该清楚
that moonshining carries with it some dangers
与私酿烈酒相伴的危险性
that can achieve mythical proportions.
有着很多神秘的色彩
You mean like it can burn more than your throat?
你是说它不仅能烧坏你的喉咙
Exactly.
没错
What we've got here is a story
我们今天要讲的
about a moonshiner makin' moonshine
是一个私酒贩子在酿酒时
when something goes wrong
由于某个环节出错
and blows his entire moonshining shack to smithereens.
结果把整座制酒棚炸成了碎片
That sounds great.
听起来不错
According to this legend,
传说中
a moonshiner is distilling his liquor,
一个私酒贩子正在蒸馏烈酒
when suddenly...
突然间
no more shack.
小屋没了
But could a still really blow your hut to high heaven?
但蒸馏器真能把你的小屋炸上天吗
How do you think the best way to tackle this story is?
你觉得我们该怎么检验这个故事
Well, this story's about an exploding moonshiner shack,
这个故事讲的是爆♥炸♥的酿酒小屋
so we're gonna have to build a shack.
那我们要建一座小屋
Of course.
没错
But if you're gonna make moonshine,
但如果要私自酿制烈酒
you're gonna need a still.
你还需要一个蒸馏器
Well, maybe that's where we start.
那我们就从这开始吧
Just go downstairs, make a still,
下楼做一个蒸馏器
and start brewing our own alcohol.
然后开始酿酒
You betcha.
那还用说
Adam is testing his "metal"
亚当正在检测他的"金属"
by building an authentic copper still...
制♥造♥一个铜制蒸馏器...
It's important to really get into your work.
"投入"到你的作品中很重要
and it's a "riveting" process.
他正在专心铆接设备
What am I doing, you ask?
你问我在干什么
I'm having fun.
我在找乐子呢
Fun, but every last joint and bolt must be carefully sealed...
虽然好玩 但每个接缝和铆钉都要仔细密封
Beautiful.
真漂亮
to ensure it's airtight,
以确保容器密闭
and the moonshine vapor will have nowhere to go but up.
使得酒精蒸汽只能从顶部排出
I feel like a drink.
我想喝一杯了
From there, it's the job of the condenser...
蒸汽从那里进入冷凝器...
That's the last time I make everyone slinkys for Christmas.
我再也不在圣诞节做弹簧了
to twist that vapor back into liquid hooch.
然后再液化成酒
Well, that was easier than I thought it would be.
比我想的要简单
While Adam's scratchbuilding his still,
亚当在从零制♥造♥他的蒸馏器的同时
I've got ahold of this stainless steel milk canister,
我找到了这个不锈钢牛奶桶
which has been modified just for the purposes of using it as a still.
我已将它改造成了蒸馏器
There's the heating element.
这是加热元件
It's the same thing they use in a water heater.
和热水器里用的是一样的
It's perfect for this.
正合适
And there we go.
搞定
Ready to start shinin'.
可以开始酿酒了
But before they shine on,
但在酿制之前
they'll need the most important ingredient -- the mash.
他们还差关键的原料 植物浆
So, this is the stuff we're gonna get alcohol out of.
这就是用来酿酒的原料
Absolutely.
没错
What is it, exactly?
它到底是什么
Uh, it's a good, old-fashioned corn mash.
优质的传统玉米浆
This is predominantly about 65% corn
主要成分是百分之六十五的玉米
and malted wheat, malted barley.
还有小麦芽和大麦芽
A little nasty but it works.
有点糟糟的但效果不错
Mix those together, end up with about 10% alcohol
混合后酒精浓度约为百分之十
that we can then distill out to a higher proof.
然后我们要进行蒸馏以得到纯度更高的酒
Normally, when we say, "don't try this at home"
通常我们说"请勿在家尝试"
there's a safety issue involved.
是出于安全考虑
In this case, you shouldn't try this at home,
这次的不要在家尝试
but for a different reason.
原因有所不同
It's illegal to distill on your own.
私自蒸馏酒精是犯法行为
So, we went ahead and did it right.
所以我们按照法律程序
We got a permit, that's what you need to be able to do this.
获得了许可证 只有这样才能开始酿酒
Wow, it's actually working.
真的能运作呢
Yeah, it looks like we got something.
是啊 貌似我们得到了些东西
It tastes dangerous.
尝起来有危险的味道
That's high proof.
这是高浓度的酒
Yeah, that is high proof.
没错 度数很高
We should, uh, grab a hydrometer, give it a test,
我们要用液体比重计测一下
see what we're coming out at.
看看酒精度数有多高
I thought it was gonna be a drip, drip, drip,
我以为它会是一滴一滴地滴下来
but that's a faucet.
没想到就跟打开了水龙头似的
Looks like we got about 156 proof.
酒精度数约为78
We now have a couple of working
现在我们有好几个
alcohol distillation machines.
酒精蒸馏器在运作
Now it's time for us to go out into the field
现在是时候去测试场地了
and see how these working stills can fail.
看看这些蒸馏器是否会爆♥炸♥
Next, Kari, Tory, and Grant
接下来 卡莉 托里和格兰特
are fueling up for a moonshine run.
将尝试以私酿烈酒作为燃料开动汽车
I'm really excited about this whole "moonshiners" crossover episode.
这次《私酒贩子》特辑真的让我很兴奋
What are we testing?
我们要测试什么
剧集 | 流言终结者(2003) | 导航列表