剧集 | 流言终结者(2003) | 导航列表
那我们就去霍斯检验一下吧
Cool.
好的
I thought they smelled bad on the outside.
我原以为它们只是外面难闻
Jamie's got a point.
杰米说到了点子上
To bring the myth back to Earth,
想在地球上验证这条流言
Adam and Jamie will eventually replicate Hoth's inhospitable environment.
亚当和杰米得复♥制♥出霍斯恶劣的环境
and find a way to safely test human hypothermia
并找到一个安全的方法
while neck deep in internal organs.
在动物内脏中进行人体低温实验
Here comes the spleen.
这是脾
But the first task is to make a Tauntaun to house those guts.
但首先得做出一个汤汤来装这些内脏
Embarking on a build like an 8-foot tall Tauntaun
在两天的时间里
in two days with one hand
单手建造一个2.4米高的汤汤
is kind of like a circus performer
就像一个马戏演员
putting his head in the lion's mouth.
把脑袋伸进狮子的嘴里一样
He is pretty sure it's gonna go okay.
他还挺确定自己没问题的
From using the grid system
运用网格法
to transfer the image of the Tauntaun
将汤汤的形象
to this block of foam I couldn't even lift by myself.
画到这块抬都抬不动不动的泡沫上
The first cut,
与常规想法不同
contrary to popular belief is not the deepest.
初次切割不是切得最深的
To the fact that just cutting up the basic shape of the Tauntaun
在那块泡沫上切割出
in that block of foam,
汤汤的大概形状
took two hours and left me sweaty and spent and exhausted.
用了两个小时 让我汗流浃背精疲力尽
Get a big piece of foam, I said.
真是好大一块泡沫啊
I'll carve a Tauntaun out of it, I said.
我要用它雕刻出一个汤汤呢
Luckily, Jamie gave me advice about
幸运的是 杰米给了我一些建议
when he used to slice whale blubber
他曾在19世纪70年代
off the minke whales in the 1870s.
从小须鲸身上切过鲸脂
There we go.
好嘞
Once I finally got my foam tool out
当我终于拿出工具
and started cutting the contours of the Tauntaun,
开始切割汤汤的轮廓
the shape came into being much faster than I expected.
成型速度比我预想的要快得多
Right, you've been wondering why I 'm wearing a splint,
对了 你可能想知道我为什么绑着夹板
it's because I was moving a piece of safety equipment,
是因为我在搬一件安全设备的时候
and it fell on my hand
它砸到了我的手上
and crushed the top of my second metacarpal
把我的第二掌骨的顶部砸碎了
and ironic.
真是讽刺
All right.
好了
My Tauntaun is totally complete in terms of being sculpted,
我的汤汤已经雕刻好了
but it needs an outer layer of skin and fur.
但还得给它加上毛皮
And that's where this comes in.
轮到它派上用场了
Time to fur you up, dude.
该给你加上毛皮了 老兄
I'm making, literally, the stuffed animal
我在做我12岁时
I dreamed about when I was 12 years old.
梦寐以求的毛绒玩具呢
You're a good boy.
乖宝宝
Monsters are such interesting people.
野兽是多么有趣的群体啊
There we go.
好嘞
He's no longer armless.
它现在有爪子了
Meanwhile, Jamie is ensuring he's not gutless either.
与此同时 杰米正在给它做内脏
Tauntauns are made up of all sorts of stuff,
汤汤是由各种各样的东西组成的
but we are interested in the gut cavity,
但我们只关注腹腔
because that's where Luke is gonna be spending the night.
因为卢克要在那里过夜
So I've got to make
所以我得做
a whole bunch of disgusting organs and viscera.
一大堆恶心的内脏器官
Yeah, baby.
就这样
And that will conduct heat the same way it would on the planet Hoth.
使其能像在霍斯星一样传导热量
Cue our resident mad scientist.
我们的疯狂科学家杰米
Using a melt-and-mold plastic,
将塑料熔化后进行重塑
Jamie searches for the perfect recipe
以此寻找做假器官衬套的
for the perfect fake organ lining.
完美方法
That right there is the Tauntaun appendix.
这就是汤汤的阑尾了
But it takes several hours of trial and error...
但要经过几个小时的反复实验
Oh, it's dripping.
它在往下滴
before Dr. Franken-Hyneman...
科学怪人海曼...
We have such fun.
真好玩
hits on the right formula and manufacturing technique.
才能找到正确的配方和制♥作♥方法
That's what I'm talking about.
这才是我想要的
This kind of experimentation
只有经过这样的实验
is pretty much the only way you get to this sort of result.
你才能取得这样的成果
Tauntaun guts.
汤汤的内脏
When we fill this with some kind of goopy stuff,
再给它们灌满黏糊糊的东西
it's gonna look totally organic.
看起来就像真器官了
It's not just the looks.
不仅长得像
When filled, warmed and placed in the body cavity.
把它们填满并加热后放进汤汤的腹腔
Jamie's Tauntaun intestines will have the same
杰米做的这些肠子就会有
thermal conductive properties of internal organs.
与内脏器官一样的导热性能了
I have to admit that when I was 13
我得承认 我13岁的时候
and I fantasized about being inside the Star Wars' universe,
很向往星战中的世界
I have to tell you, it never occurred to me
但是我从来没想到
that I would be operating on a Tauntaun.
有一天我会给一只汤汤做手术
The cavity is set up like a nice, neat envelope.
腹腔做得就像一个漂亮整洁的信封
And all we need now is a stand-in Luke Skywalker.
现在我们只需要卢克·天行者的替身
Hopefully, one that can freeze to death.
最好是那种能被冻死的
Let's see. Ding! Found it.
我想想 有了
Remember this guy
还记得这个
we built for the "Titanic" myth?
在"泰坦尼克的故事"中用到的假人么
Look at you, you handsome devil.
看看你 小帅哥
He's got over a quarter mile of copper-tubing veins,
他全身有四百米长的铜制血管
plus a 300-watt heater
和一个三百瓦的加热器
that keeps his body temperature at exactly 98.6.
能让他的体温一直保持在37摄氏度
All we've got to do is dress him up in Luke's costume,
我们只需给他穿上卢克的衣服
stuff him in our finished Tauntaun inside some kind of freezer
把他放进汤汤的肚子 再把汤汤放进冷库
we haven't figured out how to build yet
不过冷库还没想好怎么做
and we get to test this myth.
然后就来验证这条流言
Go, go.
上啊 上啊
Now, I remember the first time I saw Star Wars as a little kid.
我第一次看《星球大战》的时候还是个孩子
And the moment I saw that movie my whole life was changed.
那部电影彻底改变了我的人生
I was 7 years old when Star Wars came out in 1977.
1977年《星球大战》上映时我七岁
I waited in line outside the Mann's Chinese theatre in Hollywood with my mom.
我跟妈妈一起在好莱坞中国剧院外面排队等候
And I even grew up to work on the Star Wars series as an adult
长大后 我甚至在跟亚当和托里一起
at Industrial Light and Magic in the model shop
在工业光魔公♥司♥的模型车间里
along with Adam and Tory.
为星战系列效力
I mean it was like a dream come true.
这就像是梦想成真了
And now to be here on MythBusters,
现在我们在《流言终结者》里
testing myths from the movie, it's like, blows my mind.
检验星战电影中的流言 太让人兴奋了
This is my personal Han Solo costume.
这是我自己的汉·索罗服
So, yeah, you can say I'm a fan.
没错 我就是个铁粉
The only thing can be better is having a real light saber.
要是有一把真正的光剑就更好了
Meanwhile, back at the trial run...
与此同时 在另一边的实验场地上...
Okay, stop there.
好的 就到这里
OK, get out of here.
好 赶快离开
The Chicken Walker crusher is cracking under the strain.
鸡行者粉碎机在拉力作用下嘎嘎作响
Some way short of the full 45 degrees.
离45度角还有些距离
It's let loose now or risk a catastrophic collapse.
如果现在不松开 支架可能就要塌了
All right, this is giant log crusher, proof of concept.
好的 这里是巨木粉碎机的概念验证
Take it away, Grant.
放吧 格兰特
In three, two, one.
三 二 一
They may not have reached the ideal swing height,
虽然还未达到理想的释放高度
but there was an encouraging amount of destruction.
但是现在的破坏力已经足够惊人了
That was awesome.
真是太棒了
I would call that a success.
我觉得这可以算成功
The Ewok weapon seemed to work.
伊渥克人的武器看起来能行
However, I think if we put the armored vehicle up there...
但是 若换做是一辆装甲车...
Ewoks are squishy when you run them over.
伊渥克人会被这车碾碎的
we are not going to see the same type of damage.
就不会产生和刚才一样的损害了
This thing feels indestructible.
这家伙看起来坚不可摧
This big, badass truck right here
这辆又大又结实的卡车
is our Mythbusters' answer to the light armored vehicle
就是我们《流言终结者》找到的
that scout through the Ewok forest.
在伊渥克的丛林里巡逻的轻型装甲车
That's better.
看起来好多了
I'm really curious to see if the Ewoks could take this down.
剧集 | 流言终结者(2003) | 导航列表