剧集 | 流言终结者(2003) | 导航列表
So with the addition of a rag,
因此 再加上碎布后
Second time's a charm.
第二次应该能行
the vapors should ignite this time around.
蒸气这次应该能够燃烧起来
I see mist coming down.
我能看见酒精蒸气在向下聚集
It looks like it's building up in the bottom of the container.
看起来它们都沉积在了容器底部
Look at that. It totally is getting foggy down there.
快看 下面已经雾蒙蒙的了
I think we should turn off the burner and set it off.
我们应该关掉电热炉 准备点燃了
All right.
好的
All right. Here we go. Spark test.
好了 开始吧 电火花测试
With a little bit of fire, three, two, one.
加一点点明火 三 二 一
The rag put the torch to the ethanol,
燃烧的碎布接触到酒精蒸气
exploding the shack, just as they hoped it would.
正如他们期望的那样 炸碎了棚屋
And it's clear those alcohol fumes sure are dangerous.
显然 酒精蒸气确实很危险
Oops, we got a little bit of a fire going on.
还有一点火没灭
Sorry.
抱歉
I was gonna try and hold it closed.
我本来想把它合上
I see what you were...
我知道你刚才在...
?
二氧化碳灭火器在哪儿
, I guess, but it did the trick.
这大概不是二氧化碳 但是能用就好
It certainly did. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say
显然能用 我要冒险说一句
I think that's an incredibly effective ignition method
这种点火方式非常有效
and let's go with it.
咱们就这么办吧
Works for me.
同意
There's no doubt that if you brew it just right --
毫无疑问 如果你的酒酿造得正好
Finally. Good liquor, man.
终于酿好了 好酒 兄弟
you can run your car on moonshine,
你就能用私酿烈酒开动汽车
provided you have the right car
前提是你有合适的车
This car is taking it all in stride.
车子从容飞驰啊
and the right moonshine.
和合适的酒
But could white whiskey ever outgun gas?
但白威士忌能赢过汽油吗
Ready for some new awesome memories at this track?
准备好在这赛道上打造崭新的美好回忆了吗
I'm ready to do some racing.
我已经准备好来赛车了
So for our moonshine fuel face-off,
为了这场私酿酒与汽油的比拼
we have come out to the Petaluma speedway.
我们来到了佩塔卢马赛道
We are going to test both speed and performance.
我们将测试车辆的速度和性能
We have a course set up. We have two identical cars.
我们设定好路线 准备了两辆一样的车
They are both brand new 2013 cars.
它们都是全新的2013年款轿车
The only difference is,
唯一的区别是
one is filled with moonshine, one is filled with gasoline.
一辆由私酿酒驱动 另一辆由汽油驱动
We're gonna have Tory run the course
我们会让托里分别驾驶汽油驱动的车
three times in the gasoline vehicle
和私酿烈酒驱动的车
three times in the moonshine vehicle.
分别在赛道上跑三次
And whichever fuel has the fastest time wins.
用时最短的燃料获胜
Personally, I think the moonshine hasn't got a chance.
在我看来 私酿烈酒一点机会都没有
Well, that's to come.
比赛开始了
Well, first Tory is setting the pace with regular old gasoline.
首先 托里驾驶传统汽油驱动的车进行测试
In three, two, one. Begin.
三 二 一 开始
And he's off to a wheel-spinning start.
车轮飞速旋转 驶离起点
Tory's top speed attempt has him drifting on the dirt.
托里高速行驶 在赛道上玩起了漂移
Well done.
干得漂亮
Sharp turn, getting sideways to the inside.
急转弯 侧转进入内线
Tory's got his foot to the floor,
托里猛踩油门
but with this kind of track,
但在这种赛道上跑
that means he's not getting much traction.
意味着可以获得的牵引力很小
The gasoline car was performing so well
汽油驱动的车表现得非常好
that as soon as you hit the accelerator, the wheels are spinning.
只要你一碰油门 轮子就开始旋转
That was a nice recovery on that fishtail.
这个甩尾过弯完成得真棒
So I'm constantly having to readjust the steering
所以我必须不断调整方向
to stay on track so I didn't spin out
以防车子打滑飞出赛道
and I kept my speed up so I'd get the best time.
同时保持高速 保证用时最短
Come on in.
来吧
The gasoline car takes the checkered flag
汽油驱动车到达终点
at 2 minutes and 26 seconds.
用时2分26秒
All right. Let's move on to the moonshine car
让我们换私酿烈酒驱动车吧
and see how that one performs.
看看它的表现如何
Now, gas versus moonshine,
现在是汽油对战私酿烈酒
I don't think moonshine's gonna handle this track very well.
我可不认为私酿酒能搞定这个赛道
Going from slow to fast quickly
目前据我所知
is not one of its strong points as I have seen so far.
启动加速可不是它的优势之一
I think gas is definitely gonna rule it here.
我认为汽油必胜无疑
Okay, here goes the moonshine run.
好的 私酿烈酒车即将开跑
In three, two, one. Go!
三 二 一 开始
It's all down to Tory,
一切都取决于托里了
but can the rocket fuel outperform the gas?
但火箭燃料的表现能否胜过汽油呢
Look at that fishtail. Nice.
看看这甩尾 真棒
To confirm this myth,
为了证实这个流言
the moonshine car has to complete three laps
私酿烈酒驱动的车必须在
in less than 2 minutes 26 seconds.
2分26秒内跑完三圈
Now, we saw a little hesitation on the 0 to 60 test,
车子在96公里启动加速测试中有些慢
but out here on the track...
但在这赛道上...
Oh, my god.
我的天哪
I'm not feeling any hesitation whatsoever.
我可一点都不觉得慢
I feel like there's too much power.
我感觉这车有点马力过剩了
Yep, it seems as though the slower acceleration of the moonshine
看来尽管私酿烈酒驱动的车加速很慢
has the wheels taking the dirt track in their stride
但它在煤渣赛道上的轻松表现
and gaining on the gasoline.
与汽油驱动车不相上下
God, I wonder if it's handling any different from the inside.
我想知道他们在里面操作是否有什么不同
'Cause from here, it looks fine.
因为从我这里来看 这车表现很好
This moonshine is giving me a lot more get up and go.
私酿烈酒让我热血沸腾啊
We might be on to something here, man.
我们可能会搞出些名堂 兄弟
Maybe this is true.
可能这流言是真的
This could be a tie. This could be it.
可能会是个平局 可能性很大
We're gonna... We have time.
我们要 我们还有时间
Here we go.
来了
All right. What's that on the clock?
好了 来看看计时器
Oh my god, it's amazing.
老天 太惊人了
What was our time?
我们用时多久
You beat it by 2 seconds.
你们以两秒之差获胜了
Wait, we actually beat our time?
等等 我们比之前还快吗
Yeah. You did.
是啊 你们做到了
Dude, that's amazing. That's insane.
兄弟 这太神奇了 简直不可思议
Amazingly the moonshine outgunned the gas,
私酿烈酒出人意料地胜过了汽油
but that's still not a definitive result for Kari.
但这对卡莉来说 这还不是最终结论
Moonshine has done amazingly well,
私酿烈酒表现好得惊人
far beyond what I expected for both the speed and the performance.
无论是速度还是性能都比我预料的要好
But what I'd really like to see,
但我真正想看到的
what I really think is going to give moonshine a test is longevity.
我真正想测试的是私酿酒的持久力
I want to see a long moonshine run.
我想看到私酿酒驱动车跑长途
I mean moonshiners are doing something illegal.
私酒贩子干的是非法勾当
They're not just gonna pull over when the cops ask them,
他们不会在警♥察♥盘问时把车停到路边
they're gonna keep going.
他们得接着开
They need to outrun them. This is a run and gun situation.
他们得用跑轰战术从警♥察♥手中逃脱
I want to see if moonshine can stand up to
我想看看私酿烈酒驱动的车能否经得起
a real moonshine run when in a car.
私酒贩子真正的逃亡之旅
Coming up, the law catches up with our moonshiner.
接下来 执法者追赶私酒贩子
Moonshiner.
私酒贩子
What the heck! Let's get 'em.
见鬼 抓住他们
But will it be last orders for the myth?
但这是否意味着流言的最终结局呢
Do not try what you're about to see at home.
请勿在家尝试本片中的任何实验
We're what you would call experts.
我们就是你们所称的专家
Welcome back.
欢迎回来
In this episode we have been investigating mythical ways
本期节目中 我们测试了
in which illegal alcohol stills might meet their end.
非法烈酒蒸馏器爆♥炸♥的流言是否属实
Hopefully via a destructive all-encompassing explosion.
希望能通过一场毁灭性的强力爆♥炸♥进行验证
That whole thing is going down.
酿酒棚全烧光了
I know it might look like I'm standing
我知道我似乎是站在
in the aftermath of a successful explosion,
一次成功爆♥炸♥后的废墟中间
but in fact, we have to admit that
但实际上 我们不得不承认
this experimental set-up was a bit of a dud.
此次的实验是无效的
The still is totally destroyed.
蒸馏器被完全烧毁了
剧集 | 流言终结者(2003) | 导航列表