剧集 | 流言终结者(2003) | 导航列表
and do, sort of, a comparison -- a moonshine run.
然后做个对比 来一场私酒逃亡赛
A moonshine showdown. I like it.
私酿酒决战 我喜欢
And with the burden of three kinds of proof onboard...
鉴于手头有三种不同度数的酒...
You got the hooch?
酒都拿来了吗
it's time to see which liquor is quicker.
现在要找出最具速度的一种
St. George distilleries has been kind enough
圣乔治酒厂很慷慨地
to make us a full range
为我们今天的实验
of different proof moonshine for our experiment today.
提供了一整套各种度数的私酿烈酒
We have 151, 170 and 192,
我们有75.5度 85度
which we've been using in our previous experiment.
以及上一轮实验用过的96度
So here's how this test is gonna go --
测试的方法是这样的
we're gonna start here at the start line,
我们从起点出发
and I'm gonna stomp on the gas as soon as Tory says...
一听到托里的口令我就用力踩油门
Go for it.
出发
We'll time how long it takes to get up to 60 miles an hour.
我们会计录时速从0到96公里的用时
When I get there, I'll say "stop."
到达后我会喊"停"
Time 6.9 seconds.
用时6.9秒
We're gonna average that three times in a row for each proof.
对于每种酒我们将测试三次取平均值
The proof that has the fastest time is the winner.
平均用时最短的那种获胜
So, first the car is drained of gas
首先放空车里的汽油
And then liquored up with the 151 proof.
然后注入75.5度的私酿烈酒
Come on, Bobby Joe.
快啊 鲍比·乔
The cops are on the tail, we got to get out of here.
条子追上来了 赶紧离开这儿
In three, two, one, go!
三 二 一 出发
Go!
出发
We're having technical difficulties.
我们出了点技术问题
Go-o-o!
出发
All right, here we go.
好了 我们走
Oh, it doesn't like it.
看来不管用啊
It seems the 151 is literally a non-starter.
似乎75.5度的酒不足以发动汽车
We got to get to the still before the police show up.
我们得在被条子发现前赶回酿酒棚去
And despite an attempted bump start,
尽管尝试了推车启动
it's all systems no.
汽车仍然无法启动
I don't think this is how the moonshiners do it.
我可不觉得私酒贩子会这么干
All right, I think we should just call it.
我觉得我们到此为止吧
I don't have the energy to continue with this test.
我没力气继续做实验了
There's no way we're ever getting that to 60 or even five.
连时速8公里都达不到 更别说96公里了
Sorry, I couldn't push that fast.
抱歉 我可推不到这么快
Next, they raise the bar,
接下来 他们提高纯度
draining the 151 and refueling with the 170 proof.
抽出75.5度的私酿酒后重新注入了85度的私酿酒
But will this "white lightnin'" be lightning fast?
但"白色闪电"能否真如闪电般迅捷呢
Go!
出发
Well, it's a little sluggish off the line.
起跑的速度有些慢
Nineteen and a half seconds,
19.5秒
22 seconds,
22秒
16.7 seconds
16.7秒
to get up to 60 miles an hour on 170 proof.
使用85度酒精加速到了时速96公里
Excellent.
表现不错
With an average of 19.4,
平均耗时19.4秒
there's still room for improvement.
看来还有提升的空间
So, can the 96% ethanol, 192 proof,
那么96度的烈酒
power to victory?
表现能否更上一层楼呢
Well, I'm not driving.
反正不是我开车
Okay, guys,
好了各位
this is moonshine run zero to 60 test with 192 proof.
现在进行96度私酿酒的时速96公里加速测试
In three, two, one, go!
三 二 一 出发
Go! Go!
出发 出发
Nine point six five seconds,
9.65秒
8.94 seconds,
8.94秒
9.78 seconds to get up to 60 miles an hour.
9.78秒达到时速96公里
And clearly, off the line, the 192 is the quicker liquor.
显然 使用96度酒的启动速度更快
So, it turns out 192-proof moonshine
结果证明 这辆车使用96度私酿烈酒
worked best in our vehicle.
加速效果最好
Now that we have our moonshine, and we have our best vehicle,
现在我们选出了最佳私酿烈酒和最好的汽车
it's time to put it up against gasoline.
马上进行私酿烈酒汽油大♥比♥拼
It's the "Mythbusters" moonshine happy hour,
欢迎来到《流言终结者》私酿烈酒欢乐时光
and there's still more thrills and spills to come.
即将播出更惊险刺♥激♥的劲爆内容
That totally didn't work out like I was hoping.
结果和我想的完全背道而驰
My still's failure mode was less catastrophic and more,
我本以为会炸飞棚屋
shall we say melty, than I was hoping for.
现在倒不如说是把它烧化了
Yeah, yours still got a slow leak
没错 你的蒸馏器漏气了
that was feeding a fire underneath.
漏出的酒精助燃了下面的火焰
Mine didn't have that problem.
我设计的蒸馏器没有这个问题
It had an internal electric heating element.
它用的是内部电加热设备
Right.
没错
So in theory your still can keep on leaking
理论上来说 就算你的蒸馏器漏了
and there's no ready ignition source to take care of that gas.
也没有火源消耗那些酒精蒸气
Yeah. Then the fumes will keep building up
是的 然后酒精蒸气就会不断累积
until you had the perfect explosive fuel air mix.
直到其在空气中的浓度达到爆♥炸♥极限
And then, if you get, like, a short circuit
接着一旦遇上电路短路
or a spark or a moonshiner lighting a cigarette...
电火花 或是私酒贩子点了一根烟...
It's an altogether different kind of failure.
这是完全不同类型的事故
But historically,
但根据历史经验
igniting rooms full of flammable gas --
点燃一个充满可燃气体的房♥间
Am I missing an eyebrow?
我的眉毛没了吗
is a lot harder than you think.
可没你想得这么简单
See, the problem is that the worst thing that can happen
问题是 在一个充满可燃气体和空气的
when you have a chamber
密闭房♥间里
full of flammable gas and air is nothing.
最糟糕的情况就是什么也没发生
If it doesn't ignite.
如果它没被引燃
Nobody wants to go near that thing. It's a dangerous thing.
没人愿意靠近它 那非常危险
So we must get ignition.
所以我们必须将其点燃
And I'm going to troubleshoot the ignition source here in the shop
所以我要在进行孤注一掷的野外实验前
before we head out into the field
先在工作间
and we put all our eggs in one basket or one shack.
排除火源故障
It's not pretty, but it will work, I promise.
样子是寒碜了点 但我保证管用
So the set-up is pretty straight forward.
实验的设计非常简单
First we need a shack for the experiment to happen in,
首先我们需要一个小屋进行实验
and that's done.
这个已经做好了
Then we need some alcohol.
然后我们还要点酒精
Here's some I prepared earlier.
这些是我事先准备好的
No, seriously. This is my alcohol from the earlier distillation.
好吧 不开玩笑 这是之前蒸馏提纯的产物
Then we need a way to turn that alcohol from a liquid into a gas,
然后我们要想办法让酒精汽化
and that's with a hot plate and a pan.
这要用到电热炉和平底锅
Then we need a way to ignite that and that's with our handy
接着要用便携式一万五千伏氖管变压器
15,000 volt neon transformer.
一万五千伏氖管变压器点燃气体
I'm gonna put the two contacts in there
我要把两个触点放进小屋里
and they will create a nice spark,
它们会产生电火花
hopefully, that will give us the guaranteed pop we are looking for.
希望能如我们所愿地引起爆♥炸♥
Now we wait. Now we wait.
我们等着呗 等着呗
With all eyes on the proof of concept shack,
大家都聚精会神地盯着棚屋模型
it's not long until the alcohol vapor starts to fog.
过不多久 酒精蒸气就开始起雾了
I'm seeing vapor.
我看见蒸气了
Yeah, me too.
我也是
So it's time to flick the ignition switch.
是时候点火了
Miniature shack in three, two, one.
微缩棚屋实验 倒数三 二 一
Nothing. Nothing.
没动静 没动静
I can see the spark from here. Yeah.
我从这都能看见火花 是啊
Nothing.
一点动静也没有
The dreaded nothing has happened.
最可怕的"什么都没有"发生了
Let's leave everything unplugged.
我们把所有装置的电源切断
Wait ten minutes and then go and clear the area. OK.
等十分钟再去清理 好吧
Ten minutes later and the ethanol vapor has cleared,
十分钟后 酒精蒸气基本消散
but shouldn't it have been easier to ignite?
但引燃不是应该很容易吗
It seems like the alcohol vapor is settling to the bottom
看来酒精蒸气一直沉在底部
and it's ending up being really striated.
最后和空气形成了分层
How are we gonna guarantee ignition in this thing?
怎样能确保引燃呢
Well, we've had a lot of luck before
我们之前用纸巾这类较大的物体
by igniting some sort of a larger thing like paper towel or whatever.
点火的时候就很顺利
Getting a flame going on in there.
得让里面有明火才行
剧集 | 流言终结者(2003) | 导航列表