Gentlemen, whether the Nixon campaign wants it or not,
先生们 无论尼克松阵营愿不愿意
We have to produce a spot that aims a Howitzer at Kennedy's balls.
我们都必须击中肯尼迪的要害
I want to hear ideas.
我需要你们提供些想法
After the long weekend.
等过完这周末向我汇报
I agree. Let's go down swinging.
我同意 虽败犹荣
If we can switch to a conversation about paying clients,
我们现在聊聊签约客户吧
Menken's is coming in today to sign off on the roll out.
梅肯今天会来敲定合约
Father and daughter.
他们父女都来
I get the feeling old Abe.Schmenken can kill this whole thing.
我感觉这个老亚伯.舒麦肯一定会坏事
Of course, the checks have cleared already,
当然 收费的事宜已经谈妥了
But... Don,
但是... 唐
I want you to go in and ride bare-back over Paul here.
我要你去跟保罗唇枪舌剑一番
Done.
没问题
And, uh, Don, I want you on your best behavior.
还有 唐 我要你发挥出最好的水平
Excuse me?
什么
I know she bothers you.
我知道她令你困扰
Miss Holloway, may I?
霍洛韦小姐 能跟你谈谈吗
I really need to get to the bottom of that.
有件事我非常想弄清楚
Yes, I would like to get a look at those.
是的 我很想看看那些
Margaret and Mona are off to Block Island for Labor Day.
玛格丽特和莫娜要去关岛过劳动节
Gone for the weekend
周末和这镇上
Along with every other wife in town.
所有的妻子们一起离开
We can go anywhere tonight.
我们今晚想去哪都行
We can see a Broadway show,
我们可以去看百老汇的演出
Then sit at any table at The Colony
然后去殖民地酒吧找个卡座
With our clothes off if we want to.
如果愿意还可以一♥丝♥不♥挂♥
How about a movie?
去看场电影如何
Have you seen The Apartment?
你看过《公♥寓♥》吗
I went last week with Mona and Margaret.
我上周带莫娜和玛格丽特看过了
I heard Shirley MacLaine is good.
我听说雪莉.麦克莲恩演得不错
Oh, please.
哦 不是吧
A white elevator operator?
一个负责按电梯的白人
And a girl at that?
和一个坐电梯的女孩
I want to work at that place.
我都想在那种场所工作了
Oh, I bet you do.
哦 肯定的
The way those men treated that poor girl,
那些男人对待她的方式
Handing her around like a tray of canapes.
分享她 如同分享一盘鱼子酱
She tried to commit suicide.
她试着自杀
So you saw it, huh?
你看过了 对吧
Ah, Red, that's not how it is.
啊 现实不是这样的
Look, it was crude.
这是很残忍♥
That's the way pictures are now.
但这是如今画面的表现手法
You see that ridiculous Psycho?
你看过那部荒谬的《惊魂记》吗
Hollywood isn't happy unless things are extreme.
好莱坞总是乐此不疲地 拍摄极端的画面
It didn't seem that extreme to me.
对我来说 这并不极端
Are we actually going to get in a fight over a movie?
我们难道要为了一场电影而争吵吗
You know, Mona had a dream once
你知道吗 莫娜曾经梦到
Where I hit the dog with the car.
我开车撞了一条狗
She was mad at me all day, and I never hit the dog.
她为此气了我一整天 而我从来没撞到过狗
We don't even have a dog.
我们甚至没养过狗
Why don't I call you later?
我晚些时候再打电♥话♥给你吧
Uh, Joannie...
琼妮...
Call me soon, because we can go anywhere.
尽快打给我 去哪都行
The new atrium will make the store brighter
新大厅将使商♥铺♥更加明亮
And more vibrant.
更有生气
The aisles will be wider,
过道会更宽敞
Spotlighting these new chrome display cases.
聚光灯照在这些新的镀烙展示架上
Over here will be a new restaurant...
这里将有一家新餐厅
An elegant tea room.
一间优雅的茶室
Modern classic signs and champagne linens.
现代经典的饰品 加上香槟色的亚麻织物
A tea room is nice, but 30% of my ground floor
茶室确实不错 但底层30%的面♥积♥
Is devoted to the restaurant business?
都要贡献于餐馆的生意吗
Lunch and Shopping:
餐饮加购物:
A day of indulgence. It's what ladies like.
放松一整天 女士们会喜欢的
Yes, I saw that in the chapter here.
是的 我在文件上看见了
It's much longer than the little schedule that says we
篇幅倒是很长
Have to close our doors while it's getting nailed together.
起码比那份要我们停业装♥修♥的时间表长多了
Three months of construction,
工期三个月
During which time we build enormous anticipation.
在此期间 我们将营造出万众期待的气氛
Like a movie premier.
就像电影预告片
The New Menken's.
新麦肯购物城
You will have a line that first day.
开业第一天 就会有人在外面排队
Even if you have to pay people to stand in it.
哪怕花钱雇人排在其中
We'll do whatever it takes.
我们要不惜代价
Mr. Draper, my daughter's presence here
德雷珀先生 趁我女儿也在这儿
Should let you know that I am not against change.
我要让你知道 我并不守旧
And let us assume that this is the most
让我们假设这是零售业
Amazing idea in retail since "buy one get one free. "
自"买♥♥♥一♥送♥一♥"之后 最惊人的主意
I still don't understand
我还是不明白
Why we have to throw out the baby with the water.
为什么我们要冒这个险
Can't I keep what I have and just build on it?
为什么不能维持现状呢
Well, honestly,
老实说
The unpleasant truth is you don't have anything.
事实上你们目前已经不具优势了
Your customers cannot be depended on anymore.
这家店对消费者已经没有任何吸引力了
Their lives have changed.
他们的生活已经改变了
They're prosperous.
他们富有了
Over the years, they've developed new tastes.
这些年 他们的品味提升了
They're like your daughter:
他们就像您的女儿
Educated, sophisticated.
受过高等教育 高雅 有教养
They know full well what they deserve,
他们清楚自己该享受什么
And they're willing to pay for it.
并愿意为此买♥♥单
Why would I want to own a store
我本人就不会在这种商场里消费
That I wouldn't want to shop in?
何必建它呢
Mr. Menken, I don't know if that's true.
麦肯先生 这可不一定
You had no problem abandoning
您可以把第7大道
That second-floor hosiery store
二层的内衣店
On 7th Avenue for your present location.
搬到现在这个位置
And that's a story you'll be proud to
今后您可以骄傲地
Tell your grandchildren.
给您的孙儿们讲这个故事
The only problem is they won't care.
唯一的问题是 他们不会感兴趣
As much as Grandpa likes that marble palace,
他们远不如他们的祖父热爱那座大理石宫殿
I can promise you, they won't.
我可以保证 他们不会感兴趣
They'll look at it and they'll say,
他们只会看着它 然后说
"Grandpa, it must have been hard back in the olden days. "
"爷爷 过去的日子一定很艰苦吧"
And it was.
是啊
Everybody's jumping to forget it.
每个人都急于忘却过去
Excuse me, but this is not some phony story
抱歉 但这可不是你们这些人
You people print in your Fourth of July circulars.
在国♥庆♥日的传♥单♥上印制的虚假故事
My father actually started with nothing,
我父亲的确是白手起家
And he made it into everything we're talking about.
他造就了我们今天谈论的一切
Who here can say that?
谁也不能否认这一点
I meant no disrespect, sir.
我绝无冒犯 先生
None taken.
没关系
This is the plan, Daddy.
这是份周详的计划 爸爸
As you can see, it wasn't just thrown together.
如你所见 它并不草率
It does seem very well thought out.
确实考虑得很周详
It is.
确实
Pleasure to finally meet you.
很高兴终于见到您了
I hope you two know what you're doing.
我希望你们俩都清楚自己的所为
Looks like we both get to
看来 短时间内
Keep our jobs a little while longer.
我们又能保住饭碗了
Don't screw this up.
别搞砸了
I think he likes me.
我想他欣赏我
I guarantee you there is nothing about you he likes.
我肯定他对你没有任何兴趣
What about you?
那你呢
Daddy, can we?
爸爸 我们走吧
This place reminds me of a Czarist Ministry.
这个地方 让我想起沙皇统治时期
No matter what the decision,
无论决定了什么
You don't feel it was yours.
你都不觉得那是你的主意
Fortunately, I have no idea what you're talking about.
幸好 我听不懂您在说什么
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表