Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, running in the house.
喔 喔 喔 又在家里乱跑
Grandpa's here! And Aunt Gloria!
祖父来啦 还有歌♥莉亚阿姨
If I leave, can you keep your mouth shut?
我要是走了 你能为我保密吗
Elizabeth, are you hiding your sugar bowl from me?
伊丽莎白 你是不是把糖罐藏起来了
Gene, I think I have some packets from Howard.Johnson's.
吉恩 有没有霍华德.约翰逊寄给我的包裹
No, no.
没有啊
Daddy, have a saccharine or nothing.
爸爸 最多只能吃块糖精
Where is your sugar bowl?
你的糖罐呢
Do you want to wake up
你想像赫尔曼外公那样
With a cold leg like grandpa Herman?
一觉醒来发现腿不能动了吗
Diabetics don't live long,
糖尿病人都活不长
And sometimes they lose their legs.
有时候连腿都保不住
Grandpa!
外公
Good morning.
早上好
Good to see you, Gene.
很高兴见到你 吉恩
Don.
唐
This is my friend Gloria.
这是我朋友歌♥莉亚
I heard you might be joining us.
我早听说您会来
It's good to have another woman around,
身边多位女士真好
Give Betty a break.
让贝蒂喘口气
Oh, I live to serve.
我天生伺候人的命
Hey, you heard that, right?
喂 你听见这话了吗
I have a witness.
你可以作证
She's a hell of a sport.
她可不是开玩笑的
Don, will you help me with the suitcase?
唐 你能帮我提个箱子吗
We're only going for the weekend.
我们就去过个周末啊
I can't get it out of the closet.
我没法把它从衣橱里拿出来
Honestly, it's unseemly.
老实说 这样讲不太好
I can imagine everyone at the club.
我都能想象得出 俱乐部里的人会怎么议论
"Was she waiting at the funeral unbuttoning her top button
"她是不是在葬礼 松开上衣纽扣
Like for some Sadie Hawkins dance?"
像等着跳交谊舞似的"
She seems like a perfectly nice lady.
她看上去很不错啊
What am I supposed to do with this, fill it with hay?
我该拿这箱子怎么办 往里面装干草吗
How far do you want to go with this?
你带着它做什么
Oh, I'll say you talked me out of it.
哦 我等会就说你不让我带
She's a vulture.
她是个寄生虫
Her husband was a failure.
她丈夫是个窝囊废
When he died,
当他去世的时候
They found out he'd cheated on his income taxes.
他们发现他曾在所得税上做了手脚
And her kids... Louise never married.
而她的孩子们也...路易从没结过婚
Two more years and she'll be hanging out at funerals, too.
再过两年 她又可以在葬礼上寻欢了
Huntley... he was my brother's age.
亨特利 他只活到了我哥的年岁
He was always "funny".
他总是很"风趣"
Birdie, your father was married, what, 40 years?
亲爱的 你♥爸♥爸过了40年的婚姻生活
The man can hardly fix himself a cup of tea,
他连喝杯茶都不会自己倒
Let alone do laundry.
更别说洗衣服了
All he needs is a housekeeper.
他需要的只是一个管家
A housekeeper goes home at night.
管家可不在家过夜啊
Don.
唐
Let him have it.
随他去吧
And that fake smile.
还有那假笑
You've been looking forward to the beach.
你早就盼着去海滩了
Let her cook.
让她来烧饭
Let your father put some stones by that wall
让你父亲沿船边堆些石头
So we stop getting water underneath the deck.
免得水打到甲板上来
I guess I won't have to worry about talking to her.
我想我也不用费心找她谈谈了
She never stops.
她本性难移
Just get through today.
只要熬过今天
I'll be there tomorrow afternoon.
我明天中午就过去
We'll go to that place with the lobster rolls.
然后我们去吃龙虾卷
Just come now.
现在一起走吧
You hate the way I drive. But my father taught me.
你不是讨厌我开车吗 但我爸就这么教我的
Half the office is cleared out.
半个办公室的人都被裁了
It's Kennedy, Kennedy, Kennedy, Kennedy
这是肯尼迪 肯尼迪 肯尼迪
Kennedy, Kennedy, Ken-nedy for me
肯尼迪 肯尼迪 我的肯尼迪
Do you like a man who has some spritz?
你喜不喜欢一个喷着发胶的男人
A man who's always fair
一个公正的人
We'll wager him against the others
我们把赌注下在他身上
And when you compare
当你做个比较时
It looks like a Maypo ad.
看上去像麦博麦片的广♥告♥
It's incredible.
难以置信
Happy days are here again.
快乐的日子再度来到
I'm just wild about Harry.
我只是对哈里生气
It's light, it's fun,
这则广♥告♥通俗有趣
It doesn't cloud the mind with, I don't know, issues?
但不能让观众意识到竞选的争议所在
And it's catchy.
它太琅琅上口
It's catchy like it gets in your head
仿佛钻进你的头
And makes you want to blow your brains out.
让你想对着大脑开一枪
The president is a product, don't forget that.
总统职位就是件商品 要切记
I would like to talk to you for a moment
我想耽误您片刻的时间
About dollars and cents.
聊一聊金钱
Your dollars and cents.
您的一分一厘
Now, my opponents want to increase federal expenditures
如今 我的反对者想增加政♥府♥开支
As much as $18 billion a year.
每年多达180亿美元
How will they pay for it?
他们如何来支付这笔钱呢
There are only two ways.
有两种途径
One is to raise your taxes.
一是提高您的税收
Turn it off.
把它关了
The other...
二是...
An ad made by a public relations team.
由公♥关♥团队做的广♥告♥
Message received and forgotten.
信息被接收后 会被迅速遗忘
We should give this to Franz for some music.
我们该把这个交给弗兰茨 让他配点背景乐
Nixon's campaign song in the key of E.
尼克松阵营以E为主键编曲
Ethel, go get the ice pick
埃塞尔 拿点冰块来
That Nixon guy is on TV again
那个叫尼克松的家伙 又上电视啦
Should have never been this close.
不用做得跟他们相似
I'd say we could run them again,
我说我们可以把它们重新做一遍
But I don't think you want to see them.
但我觉得你不会想看
Oh, I've seen them.
哦 我已经看过了
Which reminds me,
这倒提醒了我
You people are not watching enough television.
你们这些人都不常看电视了
It is your job. The shows and the ads.
这可是你的工作 表演秀和广♥告♥
I was just wondering,
我刚刚在想
There must be any number of people
现在一定有些人
Harvesting mud on Johnny.Kennedy right now.
在诋毁约翰.肯尼迪
Have we heard anything?
我们听到什么消息了吗
We hear things. Nothing useful.
听是听说了 没什么有用的
He's a womanizer.
说他是个花♥花♥公♥子♥
That's not going to hurt him.
但这不会影响他
Women find out about that, it'll push him over the top.
女人们知道了 反而会提升他的人气
Nixon is still ahead in the polls.
尼克松仍然在票选中领先
Should have never been this close.
不用这么诋毁他们
Why do we need to attack when there is a story to tell?
当我们自己有故事要说 为什么还要攻击他人
Jonhy Kennedy: Nouveau riche,
约翰.肯尼迪 是个暴发户
Recent immigrant who bought his way into Harvard.
曾花钱进了哈佛的外来移♥民♥
And now he's well-bred? Great.
现在他变得风度翩翩了吗 好吧
Nixon is from nothing.
尼克松曾一无所有
A self-made man, the Abe.Lincoln of California,
白手起家 加州的亚伯.林肯
Who was Vice President of the United States
在他从海军退伍6年后
Six years after getting out of the Navy.
就担任美国副总统一职
Kennedy? I see a silver spoon.
在肯尼迪身上 我看见了一把银汤匙
Nixon? I see myself.
在尼克松身上 我看见了我自己
If we were to run a critical ad,
如果我们做一则批判式广♥告♥
There are obvious benefits.
会有明显的收效
When you run an ad that's positive,
你做一则歌♥功颂德的广♥告♥时
You're only convincing people
你只是在说服
Who are already voting for you.
那些已经决定支持你的人们
But when you run an ad that's critical,
但当你做一则批判式广♥告♥
You get a shot at the people on the fence.
你就能争取到还在观望的人们
There are a lot of people on the fence.
有很多人现在还在观望
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表