That no one at this table has ever been to your store.
在座的各位 没有一位去过你的商场
A wrong I will personally correct this afternoon.
下午我会亲手纠正这个错误
It's right on 5th Avenue.
就在第五大街
That's one big block over and a dozen little blocks up.
是一个大街区 在十几个小街区后面
It's been there for 30 years.
有30年历史了
I'll walk you out. I've got it.
我送你出去 我来吧
Harry.
哈里
What?
什么事
It was nice the way you handled that.
你应对的还不错
It's hard to get caught in a lie.
被人戳穿谎言可不太好过
Well, it wasn't a lie.
那不是谎言
It was ineptitude with insufficient cover.
这是工作的不尽职
Something about the way you talk always restores my confidence.
你说话的方式总能让我恢复信心
I have a deep voice.
可能是我嗓音比较低沉吧
This afternoon, then.
那下午见
It's a date.
我们的约定
New junior exec.
新来的领导
Changing her store could take six months...
改变她的商场需要6个月
Or a year, if I know what's good for me.
或1年 如果我觉得合适的话
What was that in there? What?
那儿怎么样了 什么
Don and Molly Goldberg. Did you see that?
唐和莫里·高柏 你没发现吗
Yeah, I caught it. What's your point?
我发现了 你什么看法
I don't know. I mean, everybody always jokes about it,
我不知道 每个人都拿这个开玩笑
But I've never seen Draper really turn that switch on before.
不过我以前从没见德雷柏转变这么大
I guess he likes her. What would you do?
我猜他喜欢她 你想怎么样
Trying to quit.
我想退出
You are really putting the junior in junior executive.
你真的是非常初级的主管
Look, you're married now, all right?
听着 你已经结婚了 对吧
I'm a part of that club, too. Two very happy years.
我也是围城里的人 之前是非常快乐的两年
But when I'm out in the world...
但当我踏进社会后
I don't know. I don't do it much.
我不知道 不能那样做
I'm not good at it...
我不擅长那个
The flirting, the double entendres...
打情骂俏 流言蜚语
You mean something on the side?
你是说私下是这样
No. I mean enjoying the company of women
不 我的意思是享受女人的陪伴
In the limited way a married man can.
但却因为已婚 限制太多了
It's all we have, really.
这是我们都应该遵守的 真的
I can't speak for everyone, but it's plenty for me.
我不能代表所有人 但对我来说已经很多了
Same. I guess on some level,
一样 我猜在某种程度上
I always thought Draper was the same way.
一直觉得德雷柏也是这样
Draper?
德雷柏
Who knows anything about that guy.
谁了解这个家伙
No one's ever lifted that rock.
从没人想去碰钉子
He could be Batman for all we know.
我们都知道他可是蝙蝠侠
Mr. Campbell, you wife's on the phone.
坎贝尔先生 你妻子的电♥话♥
There's bird shit on the couch.
沙发上有鸟屎
That was priceless.
真够荒唐
Hello, honey.
亲爱的
Dinner? Wow.
晚餐
What do I want for dinner?
我晚餐想吃什么
I don't know.
我不知道
Anything but chicken.
除了鸡肉什么都行
Yes, they missed me.
是啊 他们想我了
Uh, rib eye in the pan with butter.
肋眼牛排吧 用黄油
Ice cream.
冰淇淋
I love you, too.
我也爱你
There's going to be dinner waiting for me when I get home.
回家还有美味的晚餐等着我
Yeah. How about that?
是啊 感觉怎样
Mr. Kurland was mitigating a skirmish
柯兰德先生刚在处理
In our housewares section.
日用品部的小冲突
Why do I hire young girls?
为什么我要雇用年轻女人呢
Because they cost practically nothing.
因为不用付她们很高的工资
Costume change.
换了服装啊
This is my closet.
这里就是我的衣柜
The original tenants laid the last brick the day before the crash.
上一个承租人在破产前亲手建设的
Boy, were they in for a surprise.
他们还有个惊喜
As I hope you know by now
希望你已经知道了
Our original store was just off 7th Avenue.
我们原来的商场在第七大街
It was just hosiery.
过去只卖♥♥针织内衣
Then they started pulling piecework from sweatshops.
然后他们开始从血汗工厂提出计件来卖♥♥
By 1932, these people had failed.
直到1932年 这些人失败
My father and uncle picked this place up for a shekel.
我的父亲和叔叔就低价买♥♥下来
Well, it is crowded.
人潮涌动
But that might have something to do with the sale
看来问题是处在销♥售♥环节了
Which means that, if we're successful,
也就是说如果我们想要成功
You're gonna lose the customers you have
你会失去现有客户
In order to get the customers you want.
来得到你想要的顾客
I was gonna start with raising prices.
我想开始提价了
Can you imagine what my father said?
你能想象我父亲说了什么吗
Well, you do have to give them something
你得给他们提供一些东西
For their higher dollar count.
让他们愿意以高价买♥♥走
It's just awfully hard to define what that is.
但很难定义是什么
How may I help you?
有什么可以为您服务的
I make them say that.
我让他们这么说的
Carol, can we see this tray right here?
卡罗 能把这个货盘拿给我们看看吗
Sea horses
海马
Crowns
皇冠
Lucky dice.
幸运骰子
Medieval knights.
中世纪骑士
That's better.
好多了
Thank you.
谢谢
Let's take a look at the second floor.
我们去看看二楼
We're known for our service.
我们因服务而闻名
That's gotta be a tough job.
那是个艰苦的工作
I know.
我知道
I've always liked how quiet it is up here.
我总是喜欢上面这么安静
Well, that might explain the lack of customers.
这可能就是顾客稀少的原因了
I can see the charm, but...
这儿确实很有吸引力 但
The room is too dark, too old-fashioned.
房♥间太暗 太过时了
The products look old.
产品看上去很陈旧
But the people look wonderful.
但人们看上去气色不错
It's a shame we're gonna have to lop their heads off.
我们将要去掉这些太令人惋惜了
It'll ruin your favorite part of the store.
这会毁了这商场你最喜欢的地方
It's not my favorite part, actually.
事实上这不是我最爱的地方
The grand lot of us are going to Lansky's.
我们一大群人要去兰斯基餐馆
Can you believe it?
你能相信吗
Have a swell time. I've got plans.
玩得开心 我已经有安排了
You look nice.
你看上去很不错
Hell.
见鬼
Manhattan at your feet. I can see the appeal.
曼哈顿在你脚下 我能看见这很吸引人
The view's okay.
外观不错
Now, this is my favorite part of the store.
这里才是商场中我最喜欢的地方
Hey there, Missy.
小姑娘
I haven't seen you in a while.
好久不见了
How did they get the penthouse?
他们怎么设在楼顶了
They patrol.
他们得巡逻
It's the only way to make sure
这是唯一能确保
There isn't anyone hiding in the store at night.
晚上没人藏在商场的方法
Well, they know I'm with you, right?
他们知道我们一起的 对吧
These two are Carla and Leona.
这分别是卡拉和雷欧娜
Not the originals, but third generation,
不是第一代的 是第三代
And what every generation of Menken dog
每一代麦肯狗
Shall be named until the end of time.
都用的上一个死去的狗的名字
I made my father's legal counsel add that
我让我爸的法律顾问将这个写入
To the store's by-laws when I was 9.
到商场规定里 在我9岁的时候
So even then you enjoyed telling men what to do.
所以那时候你就喜欢指挥男人干活了
To be fair, the store was practically home.
说真的 这个商场就像我家
My father liked to work.
父亲热爱工作
I used to come out here and talk to them...
我就常常溜到这和他们聊天
Well, the originals...
当然 是第一代
剧集 | 广告狂人(2007) | 导航列表