剧集 | 寻宝侦探(2024) | 导航列表
喂
Hello.
你现在在哪
Where are you right now?
我现在在去南达科他的路上
Right now I am on my way to South Dakota.
露露营 钓钓鱼什么的
Gonna do a little camping, do a little fishing.
真不错 柯尔特
Good for you, Colter.
在自己身上下功夫非常重要
It is important to take time for yourself.
你们给我找了个活 对吧
You have a job for me, don't you?
圣路易斯 密苏里州 悬赏两万美元
St. Louis, Missouri. $20,000 reward
找一个谋杀案的证人
to find a witness who saw a murder.
由16岁的斯蒂芬妮·波特发起
Offered by Stephanie Porter, 16 years old.
她才16岁
She's 16 years old
却提供两万美元的赏金
and she's offering a $20,000 reward?
她办了一个筹款网站
She started a fundraising web page
为她爸爸的上诉筹款
to raise money for her father's appeal.
我觉得这还蛮有心的
I find it really sweet, actually.
她爸爸克莱·波特
Her father Clay Porter
被判谋杀他的生意合伙人 一个叫埃弗里·英格拉姆的男人
was convicted of murdering his business partner, a man named Avery Engram.
判了三十年
Got 30 years.
你是不是提到了一个失踪的证人
You mentioned something about a, uh, missing witness?
斯蒂芬妮声称外面的某个人
Stephanie says that there's somebody out there
能帮得到她爸爸的案子
who could help with her father's case,
但没有任何证据证明这个人的存在
but there's no proof they actually exist.
可能只是一个天真的孩子
It might just be a sweet kid
不愿接受自己爸爸的真正面目
who wants to believe that her father is someone other than who he is.
好 这活我接下了
Yeah, okay, all right, you got me.
南达科他可以往后稍稍 我们去见见她吧
South Dakota can wait. Let's set up a meeting.
也许你可以咨♥询♥一下瑞妮
Maybe Reenie could consult? Lots of ins and outs
这件案子的来龙去脉都被调查过了
with this one already having been investigated
由陪审团审过...
and tried before a jury...
好 分工的事我就交给你们了
Okay, yeah, I'll leave it to you to figure out the split.
等我到了圣路易斯就给你们打电♥话♥
Call you when I'm in St. Louis.
那是我和我爸爸
That's me and my dad.
这是我们全家在佛罗里达度春假
That's all of us in Florida for spring break.
那是他的生意合伙人埃弗里
And that's his business partner Avery.
看到了吗 他们是朋友
See? They were friends.
我就是知道我爸爸不会杀了他的
I just know my dad didn't kill him.
我不管别人怎么说 他不会骗我的
I don't care what anybody says. He wouldn't lie to me.
波特夫人 你怎么看
Mrs. Porter, what do you think?
叫我黛博拉就行
Please. Deborah.
我欣赏我女儿的激♥情♥
And I admire my daughter's passion,
但我恐怕你找不到任何东西
but I am worried that you're not going to find anything.
妈 他是无辜的
Mom, he didn't do it,
你自己也说了
and you said it yourself.
他的法律团队的调查做得马马虎虎
The investigation his legal team did wasn't great.
他当然是无辜的
Of course he didn't.
是的
And yes.
我认为克莱的公设辩护人资源有限
I think Clay's public defender had limited resources.
但已经过去一年了
But it's been a year.
已经进行过审判了
There's been a trial.
没有人站出来
No one has come forward, and I think
我想也许我们已经尽力了
that maybe we did the best we could.
我觉得肖先生可以帮我们
I think Mr. Shaw can help us.
你提到了一个失踪的证人
You mentioned a missing witness?
有人在我的筹款网站上发了一条匿名消息
Someone sent me an anonymous message on my fundraising page.
这里
Here.
你看吧
Take a look.
"有一个证人能证明你♥爸♥爸的清白"
"There's a witness that knows your father is innocent."
你不知道这是谁发的吗
You have no idea who sent this?
不知道
We don't.
这就是你的工作 不是吗
That's what you do, isn't it?
找到失踪的人
Find missing people?
是的
I do.
这是我们救他的唯一机会
This is our only chance to save his life.
我也想相信外面有一个证人
I want to believe there's a witness
可以证明他的清白
out there that can exonerate him, too.
我全心全意地相信
With all my heart, I do.
但我担心尽管我们用尽一切办法 但是...
But I worry that we've exhausted every avenue and...
我所做的一切都是为了斯蒂芬妮好
I just want to do whatever's best for Stephanie.
这很难...
It's hard to...
了解到一些关于你♥爸♥爸和你丈夫的事
hear things about your father, about your husband
你也许不愿去相信这些事
that you feel might not be true.
我体会过这种滋味
I know something about that.
我爸爸有很多的秘密
My father had a lot of secrets.
这对我妈妈来说很艰难
It was very hard on my mother.
对我们所有人来说都很难
It was very hard on all of us.
所以...
So...
...你会接受这份工作
...you're taking the job.
对吧 肖先生
Right, Mr. Shaw?
我看看能找到什么关于这个证人的信息
Let me see what I can find out about that witness.
想听听我的看法吗
You want my opinion?
克莱·波特有罪 到此为止
Clay Porter is guilty, end of story.
但如果他坚持自己的清白呢
But what about him maintaining his innocence?
柯尔特 你最好坐下来听这个
Colter, you may want to sit down for this.
犯了谋杀罪的人通常也是个撒谎精
But, um, people who murder often also lie.
万一他没有撒谎呢
Yeah, what if he's not lying?
你有什么证据 - 没有人目击了克莱的杀人过程
Based on what? - Based on the fact that no one saw Clay kill anyone.
好吧
Okay.
我们再把事实捋一遍 好吗 来
Let's review the facts, shall we? Come.
来来来
Come, come, come.
是这样的...
Okay, so...
克莱·波特和埃弗里·英格拉姆
Clay Porter and Avery Engram
一起经营一家石棉清除公♥司♥
ran a business together, an asbestos removal company.
工作之时房♥主会搬出去
Homeowners move out while the work is done.
在谋杀的那天晚上 克莱返回了
On the night of the murder, Clay returns to a home
一栋他们工作的房♥子 猜猜他发现了什么
where they're working, and guess what he finds.
他的生意合伙人在客户的房♥子进行非法扑克游戏 我知道
His business partner Avery running an illegal poker game inside the clients' house. Yes, I know.
除了他不只是发现了而已
Except he doesn't just find it.
波特大发雷霆
Porter blows his top.
你有一 二
You've got-- count 'em-- one, two,
三 四个人亲眼目睹波特打了埃弗里
three, four people who independently witnessed Porter hit Avery.
威胁要杀了他
Threatened to kill him, and then, oh,
瞧啊 验尸报告里说在与克莱争吵后一小时
lo and behold, the coroner reports that Avery was dead
埃弗里死于头部的钝器伤
due to blunt force trauma to the head an hour after his fight with Clay.
这就是你所说的灌篮得分
I mean, this is what you call a slam dunk.
没人看见他杀了人
No one saw him kill anyone.
是没有 但他的律师没找到其他证人
No, but his attorney never found any other witnesses.
你嘴边常常挂着概率 你告诉我
I mean, you're the probabilities guy, you tell me,
克莱·波特是无辜的可能性有多大
what are the chances that Clay Porter is actually innocent, hmm?
微乎其微
Low, very low.
但我答应过他女儿
But I made a promise to his daughter.
柯尔特
Colter.
你找失踪人士是为了拿赏金的
You find missing stuff for reward money.
你不证明杀人犯的清白
You don't exonerate convicted murderers.
瑞妮 失踪的正是证人
Reenie, what's missing is the witness.
我明白了
Oh, I get it.
这案子关乎你个人
This is personal.
听着 我没忘记你对我说的关于你哥哥的那些话
Look, I haven't forgotten what you told me about your brother
他是怎样... - 关这什么事...
and how he... - Okay, that's...
得了吧 瑞妮
Come on, Reenie.
你喜欢这样 对吗
You like this, huh?
你还挺喜欢这样的
You kind of like it.
承认吧 你喜欢帮助别人
Just admit it, you like helping people.
总好过整理文件摘要
It beats filing briefs.
是...
And...
我蛮喜欢的
yeah, I kind of like this.
好啦 就是这样
Okay, and there you have it.
而且咖啡还不错
And the coffee's good.
现在心理治疗可以结束了吗
So, okay, therapy session over?
下一步怎么做
What's next?
下一步我要去和克莱·波特谈谈
What's next is, I go talk to Clay Porter.
剧集 | 寻宝侦探(2024) | 导航列表