剧集 | 火线(2002) | 导航列表
They're back on cellphones. After more than a year?
他们又用手♥机♥了 过了一年多之后?
That they are. Tell me they're talking in code, Lester.
是啊 告诉我他们是在说暗语 Lester
I wanna go to jail for snatchin' something better than Marlo's lunch order.
我可不想因为窃听Marlo的午餐订单进监狱
There's no code that I can tell. Half dozen calls.
听不出什么暗语 好几个电♥话♥了
All routine. No drug talk, no numbers, no times...
都是日常对话 不提及毒品 没数字 时间...
Nothing but what they seem.
只说他们看见的东西
So he ain't doing business with the phone then.
那他们就不是用电♥话♥谈生意
Take this mess down. Let's get outta here.
关了吧 我们出去吧
I also have five calls, 30 to 40 seconds' duration,
我还听到5个电♥话♥ 持续时间30到40秒
each one picked up on the first ring
每个都是响第一声就接
each one with nothing whatsoever said between parties.
两边都不说话
You see? When they talk, it's bullshit.
懂吗 他们说的都是屁话
But there are calls where no one says a thing.
但有些电♥话♥是大家都不出声的
Thirty seconds, without conversation.
30秒 不说话
Is he...
他...
We talked it through, he knows the risks.
我们谈过了 他知道风险
I'm in. If it makes the fucking case, I'm in all the way.
算我一个 如果能立得了案 我当仁不让
So, what's up now? They talking dirt?
现在怎么样 他们有说坏事吗
No. Lester. Fuck.
没有 Lester 我♥操♥
Marlo's not gonna talk dirt on the phone, but there's something to this.
Marlo不会在电♥话♥里谈坏事的 但有些猫腻
I just haven't figured it out.
我只是还没想明白
We could use some more manpower
我们需要些人手
we need a couple of surveillance teams to get on these guys
需要些人监视这些家伙
to see how they using the phones.
搞清楚他们是怎么用手♥机♥的
You see the newspaper today?
你今天看报纸了吗
Headline like that, the bosses are gonna start throwing money at the homeless murders.
这样的头版头条 老大们会给流浪汉谋杀案投钱的
When they do, I'll peel off a couple detectives, throw them your way.
到时候我会拨几个人给你
The homeless murders? How does that case tangle in with this?
流浪汉谋杀案? 那案子怎么会搅和进来的
Hard to explain.
一言难尽
Remember what the DNC folks told me two years ago?
记得党代会那些家伙两年前怎么跟我说的吗
How to take the statehouse?
怎么入主州政♥府♥
Build something downtown and stick your name on it,
在市中心建个刻着你名字的玩意
get the crime to go down, and stay away from schools.
降低犯罪率 远离学校
And keep my boyish good looks. One out of four ain't bad.
维持我的年轻美好形象 这四个里起码有个做得不错
Jesus.
老天
Did we have to schedule this the same day as New Westport?
一定要安排在跟新西港同一天吗
My good news isn't even going to make the front of the local section.
我的好消息连地方新闻首页都进不了了
The ribbon-cutting was scheduled two weeks ago.
剪彩两周前就安排好了
the homeless thing coming No one saw .
没人能聊到这流浪汉的谋杀案
First of all, I'm surprised to see so much media here.
首先 我很讶异会在此看到这么多媒体
A press event held earlier today to announce the revitalization
今天早些时候有个宣布我们的城市
of yet another part of our city was not so well attended.
复兴计划的新闻发布会 参加率没那么高
It would appear that media attention is always focusing on the negatives in Baltimore
显然媒体的注意力往往集中在 巴尔的摩的负面新闻上
but you aren't around when we're making real progress.
但我们取得进步时你们却不闻不问
Still, I'm glad to see so many of you here.
不过 我还是很高兴你们能到来
Some of you representing not just our local media,
你们中有些代表的不仅是本地的媒体
but national attention to this problem.
还代表全国对这一问题的关注
Thank you for caring enough about our most vulnerable citizens
感谢你们对我们最弱势的群体的关心
to address yourselves to this tragedy.
来参与报道这个惨剧
Our homeless citizens, those who have fallen through the cracks of our society,
我们的流浪汉♥人♥口 被社会遗忘的人
those who command the least of our attentions and efforts,
没人注意关心他们
they seemingly have little to endear themselves to politicians.
也不受政客的喜爱
They don't vote, by and large. They don't contribute to campaigns.
他们大多不会投票 对竞选可有可无
They offer little to a city's tax base,
对城市税基贡献甚微
and to the extent that our government is made aware of their existence,
在其他方面也难以让政♥府♥察觉他们的存在
it responds by trying to mitigate the damage done by their presence.
政♥府♥只会试图缓解他们的存在带来的伤痛
We open a food bank here, a shelter there.
我们这儿建个食品站 那儿建个庇护所
We try to move them away from downtown,
我们试图把他们赶出市区
away from our communal areas, away from our schools, away from our homes.
让他们远离社区 学校 远离我们的家
If you were to judge our society by the manner in which we treat those lost on our streets,
如果以我们的社会对待这些 流离街头的人的方式来评判这个社会
we would have cause to be shamed.
我们该感到羞愧
Well, I am, God forgive me, a politician.
愿上帝宽恕 我是个政客
But I ran for public office because I believe that there is a different way of governing.
但我因相信能有不一样的治理方式而竞选公职
And I believe that in the end we will be judge not by the efforts
我相信最终评判我们的标准
we make on behalf of those who vote for us, who contribute to our campaigns,
不是我们给予那些给我们投票 为竞选付出的人
or those who provide for our tax base.
又或者是得到纳税人多少帮助
I believe that we will be judged by what we provide to the weakest and most vulnerable.
我相信我们做得好坏取决于 我们能提供给弱势人群什么
That is the test. That is my test.
这是个考验 一个对我的考验
Somebody is killing homeless men in this city.
有人在杀害这城市的流浪汉
there Taking the lives of fellow citizens who do not have the means or the strength
他们在夺取那些无力保护自己的人的生命
to properly protect themselves. They will be stopped.
必须阻止他们
We will do everything in our power to stop them.
我们要尽一切可能阻止他们
You have my word on this.
我说到做到
Thank you, Mr. Mayor.
谢谢 市长先生
What got into you? What?
你吃错什么药了 干嘛
I want to assure the public
我向公众保证
that we are doing everything possible in our power to apprehend this subject.
我们会尽一切可能逮捕这个犯人
Homicide detectives are working around clock.
凶杀科警探正加班加点
District officers are in contact with the agencies that work with the homeless.
分区警员也在同为流浪汉提供帮助的机构沟通
I cannot go into specifics of the investigation
我不能公开调查的细节
but, with that caveat, I will take questions.
但在此前提下 我可以接受提问
Commissioner, is there any connection between these murders and those
局长 这些凶案与去年的空屋案
in the vacant homes last year? No connection.
有联♥系♥吗 没有
Commissioner
局长
are you asking the FBI to join in the investigation?
你会请求FBI介入调查吗
I think deputy commissioner Daniels is in a position to elaborate on that.
副局长Daniels会详细说明
We'll take whatever help is offered.
我们接受任何帮助
certainly Our detectives will work closely with the behavioral analysis unit at Quantico...
当然我们的警探会与Quantico的 行为分♥析♥小组密切配合...
Deputy, even with all the resources at your disposal,
副局长 即便以你目前能动用的资源
isn't it extremely difficult to catch a serial killer?
抓捕一名连环杀手不是依然很困难吗
Our ability to secure genetic material and the growing DNA data bank
我们拥有仅在几年前还达不到的 保存遗传物质的能力
are assets unavailable to us even a few years ago.
和高速增长的DNA数据库
and Our ability to effectively use resources
我们高效利用自身资源的能力
has been increased with the aid of sophisticated computer software.
也随着精密的电脑软件的使用大为增强
And we have some of the best criminal investigators in the nation working 24/7.
我们还有一些国内最好的 犯罪调查人员全天候工作
As the mayor made very clear a moment ago
正如市长刚刚声明的
this is now a priority for the department.
现在这是警局的首要任务
Has a note been found at any of the scenes?
有在现场发现什么线索吗
I'm not at liberty to go into any details of the investigation at this time.
此刻我无权透露调查细节
You want me to hang?
要我待着吗
He told you who I am, right?
他告诉你我是谁了吧
Son, the thing about murder
孩子 谋杀这档事
is it never goes off the books.
永远不会善罢甘休
I mean, we work on 'em for weeks, months, years.
我是说 我们会一周一周 一月一月 一年一年地查下去
We keep on with it until finally someone decides they've had enough,
我们坚持不懈 直到有人觉得受够了
until we get the right word from the right person.
直到我们从正确的人那儿获得正确的消息
And you know what happens then?
你知道那之后会怎么样吗
When a case does go down...
当一个案子尘埃落定...
all those people who kept quiet about it
那些沉默的人
who lied about it
撒谎的人
all of them who thought it wasn't coming back on 'em,
那些认为报应不到他身上的人
they end up catchin' a charge. And they get time behind that.
都会背上罪名 并为此服刑
Time?
服刑?
You gonna give me time?
你要让我服刑?
If you know something about that boy Lex getting shot
如果你对Lex被杀一事知道些什么
now is your last chance to speak to that.
这是你最后一次开口的机会了
You gave a statement last year... Why don't you promise to get me outta here?
你去年给过一份口供... 你干嘛不允诺把我从这弄出去
That's what y'all do, ain't it?
你们都这么干 不是吗
Lie to dumbass niggers?
欺骗愚蠢的黑鬼
Yo, y'all need to get this police out my face before I bank his ass.
在我给这警♥察♥一顿老拳前 别让我再看见他
You're a natural, kiddo.
你是个天才 孩子
You had them eating out of your hand.
你把媒体玩弄于股掌之上
Shit, I was just following the mayor's lead.
靠 我只是跟着市长的话风走
He wants a full-court press, right?
他想要个满场的新闻发布会
We can add a detective or two.
我们可以增加一两个警探
And you can ask patrol to concentrate on posts where vagrants congregate.
你可以让巡逻队集中巡逻流浪汉聚居地
But other than that, deputy, the cupboard is bare.
但除此之外 副局长 我们无能为力
But Carcetti... Make no mistake.
但Carcetti说... 别误会
He wants us to solve the murders.
他是想让我们解决案子
He just doesn't want it to cost.
只是他不想花钱
剧集 | 火线(2002) | 导航列表