剧集 | 火线(2002) | 导航列表
Explain that to me.
给我解释一下
There's no explaining it.
没什么好解释的
Advertising's down, we got a smaller news hole,
广♥告♥收入少了 新闻版面更加受限
we're not managing it well.
我们没处理好
We messed up.
我们搞砸了
That's all.
就这样
Wrong zip code.
邮编不对
They're dead where it doesn't count.
他们没死在对的地方
If they were white and murdered in Timonium,
如果死的是白人 而且是在Timonium被杀
you'd have had 30 inches off the front.
你30寸的头条就拿定了
Would have been my first front-pager where I didn't share a byline.
本该是我第一次单独署名的头版头条
Yeah?
是吗
I drove down to the Port Covington plant this morning to get a copy.
我为了第一时间拿到这份报纸 一路开到Covington港口的印刷厂
You ain't the first to do that.
你不是第一个这么做的
Our 10-7 on the floor yet?
那具现场的尸体到了吗
He's by the overhead camera.
正在俯拍正面
I need to grab prints, get him ID'd.
我要取指纹 确认他的身份
Don't you want to wait for the post, keep his hands clean for trace?
你不想等到他的照片发布再确认? 保持手原样以便追查别的线索?
I need to know who my victim is. That's the priority.
我得知道这受害者是谁 这是第一要务
Finish your breakfast. I got plenty of time.
你先把早餐吃完吧 我可以慢慢等
There's nothing under the nails that I can see.
指甲下面好像没什么东西
I think we can risk prints.
我觉得可以冒这个险先取指纹
Something's up.
不太对劲
Please. Gather round.
各位 请聚过来
Steve, could someone get word across the hall to Features and Sports?
Steve能找人带话给大厅对面的 特点新闻和体育新闻部吗
Sure. We want everyone on this.
没问题 我希望大家都过来听
What, did we get sold again?
怎么 我们又被收♥购♥了
First the LA Times buys us up, then the Tribune.
先是洛杉矶时报把我们买♥♥下 然后又是纽约论♥坛♥报
Law of the fish.
钓鱼法则
We're the minnow. Maybe we won a Pulitzer.
咱们不过是不起眼的小鱼 也许我们能赢个普利策新闻奖呢
Pulitzers are still a week away. It just turned April.
普利策奖还有一周 现在才四月初
Look at Whiting's pants.
看Whiting那慌张样
If we won a Pulitzer, the executive editor would be tumescent.
如果我们赢个普利策奖 执行总编还不跟飞机屁♥股♥似的
Tum-what?
飞机屁♥股♥?
Speak English. I'm just a police reporter.
说英语 我只是个警方新闻记者
Tumescent. Engorged.
飞机的屁♥股♥--尾巴翘上天
Exactly.
就这个意思
It's a bad time for newspapers,
这年头报业不景气
as you all know.
想必你们都知道
The news hole is shrinking as
新闻版面越来越少
advertising dollars continue to decline.
因为广♥告♥投资一直递减
Our circulation numbers are also down
我们的发行量也在减少
as we compete with a variety of media.
有各式各样的媒体在跟我们竞争
Technology is driving distribution,
技术决定着传播手段
and the internet is a free source of news and opinions.
而今网络成为新闻和评论的免费来源
Seeking a balance in this new world,
在这新生代夹缝中为求生存
we're now faced with hard choices.
我们必须做出艰难的选择
We opened our first foreign bureau in London in 1924.
1924年我们在伦敦开立了首个境外分部
The Sun's foreign coverage has been a source of pride ever since.
太阳报的境外新闻报道自此让人引以为豪
So it is with
所以在此
tremendous regret...
我深表遗憾的...
that I tell you that Chicago has made it clear that the bureaus
宣布芝加哥已决定
in Beijing, Moscow,
在北♥京♥ 莫斯科
Jerusalem, Johannesburg, and London
耶路撒冷 约翰尼斯堡 和伦敦
will all be shuttered.
的分部均将关闭
Elsewhere in the newsroom,
余下的新闻编辑部
there will be a fresh round of buyouts.
将会面临新一轮的收♥购♥
Chicago has given us some specific budgetary targets
芝加哥已向我们定下了明确的预算目标
that will require some hard choices throughout the newsroom.
导致新闻部将不得不做出艰难的抉择
We are, quite simply,
我们 简单来说
going to have to find ways to do more with less.
必须尽量少花钱多做事
So I guess I will turn this over to Tom,
那么接下来交给Tom
who will get into the specifics.
他将向你们说明更详细的要求
I know some of you have questions.
我知道你们都是满腹疑团
If you could hold them for me until after I've had a chance to speak.
给我点时间让我讲完话再发问
Pull your clip book together.
把你的文件夹都收拾收拾
Time to find a new home. First, Chicago has sent us
赶紧找个新东家吧 首先 芝加哥向我们发了
a memo outlining options that are available to those of you...
一份备忘录 注明了你们当前的选择
The aorta should have elasticity to it,
主动脉本应有弹性
but it's rock hard.
但这个已经完全硬化
Whoever strangled him could've just waited a month or two more.
掐死他的人该多等一两个月
This guy was on his last legs.
这老兄本来就命不久矣
It is what it is.
事已既成
In addition to the fractured hyoid and the bruising,
除了舌骨断裂和身体挫伤外
I got signs of a struggle around the body,
我在他身上找到了挣扎过的痕迹
a couple of witnesses who thought they heard sounds of a struggle inside the house.
有几个目击者也认为 他们听到房♥里传来挣扎的声音
Also that ribbon you snipped off,
还有你减下来的那条丝带
it might tie to other cases.
好像跟另外几宗案子有关
The ribbon my own investigator missed at the scene.
那条丝带我们的调查员在现场都没看到
It happens. It was high on the wrist.
这种事很正常 丝带绑得很高
Cause and manner is homicide by strangulation.
死因是勒颈谋杀
Good hunting, Detective.
大有收获啊 探长
"And anyone requiring additional information on COBRA benefits
"如果有人对综合预算调节法案的福利待遇
"and pension payout as part of the voluntary separation plan
"和退休金一次性支付的自愿离职计划有疑问
"can schedule an appointment with human resources."
"可以预约人力资源部门获取解答"
Some of you will migrate into new positions
有些人也许会调到其他职位
while others will of course
其他人当然将会
be moving on to other opportunities beyond the Sun,
离开太阳报另谋出路
but everyone in this room has done excellent work
但在这房♥间中每个人的出色表现都有目共睹
and should be proud of their contributions.
你们该为自己所作出的贡献而感到骄傲
How many buyouts are there? That hasn't been determined yet.
他们买♥♥断了多少人 还没决定
We're talking to the union later today.
我们今天晚点会跟工会讨论
How will this affect the upcoming contract negotiations with the guild?
这对接下来跟同业协会的合同谈判会产生多大影响
Badly. Kiss any raise goodbye.
影响极大 跟加薪说拜拜吧
How come there's cuts in the newsroom when the company's still profitable?
既然公♥司♥仍然盈利为什么新闻部还会裁员
There's nobody that feels worse about this than I do.
我此刻比你们更为光火
I've seen the excellent work we've done here in Baltimore.
大家在巴尔的摩的杰出表现我都看在眼里
The sooner we start meeting with you individually,
大家越快跟我们单独谈话
the sooner I can answer all of your questions.
你们的疑问才能越快得到解答
Not O'Mara.
不是O'Mara吧
Aw, no.
不妙
Good luck, everybody.
祝你们好运啊 各位
No increase in felonies and a 1% bump in total crime.
重罪方面没有增加 总犯罪率增加1%
Do you vouch for these figures?
你敢担♥保♥这些数据的真实性吗
Sir? No increase in crime even after I cut you guys to the bone.
长官? 我把你们预算减到最低 犯罪率也没有上升
This is what you're telling me?
你是想跟我说这个对吧
Because the one thing I'm asking of you guys,
因为我对你们只有一个要求
the one thing that I'm asking above all,
这个要求最为重要
is that you bring me clean numbers.
就是你给我的数据不能作假
Yes, Mr. Mayor. You made that clear.
当然 市长先生 你说的很清楚
Very good, then.
很好
Burrell is done.
Burrell气数已尽
He just killed himself.
他刚刚断送了自己的前途
We leak the real stats hold the cooked ones in case he won't go quietly.
我们公布真实数据留下掺水的 让他走得心甘情愿
And replace him with who? Rawls?
然后把他换成谁 Rawls?
He came in with the same stats.
他也带着同样的数字来的
If I know Bill Rawls, he'll be calling over here
以我对Bill Rawls的了解
as soon as he gets back to his office,
他一回办公室就会打过来
telling us he warned Burrell against cooking the books.
跟我说他已经警告过Burrell不要造假数据
The ministers won't live with Rawls. Neither will Nerese.
部长们不会答应让Rawl上位的 Nerese也是
As acting commissioner, they will for a few months at least,
如果只是做代理局长 他们会同意的 至少也会答应几个月
if we've got a black candidate to sell them.
只要我们能推介给他们一位黑人候选者
Daniels isn't ready. He's only been colonel for a year.
Daniels还不够格 他才当上警监一年
A year will do in a pinch.
在这紧要关头 一年也就够了
You float it with one of your bunkies on Calvert Street.
你把消息走漏给你在Calvert街上的伙计
See how it plays.
探探风声
Burrell reads that, he'll shit melons.
Burrell要是知道了 会使坏的
I fucking hope so.
我倒是希望他闹事
It's Baltimore.
这里是巴尔的摩
No one lives forever.
没有谁可以高枕无忧
剧集 | 火线(2002) | 导航列表