我喜欢我自己 也很享受生活
I enjoy who I am. I love my community.
知道吗 有时我喜欢闭上眼
And, you know, sometimes I like turning off annoying sounds
来屏蔽讨厌的声音
by just closing my eyes.
没错 我也讨厌噪音
Oh, yes. I hate annoying noises.
听着 我们现在要这么做
Now just listen. Here's what we're gonna do.
我们要让那些发行商下跪道歉
We're gonna bring those publishers to their knees.
咱俩得...
You and I are g...
...请律师 然后我会...
...gonna lawyer up, and I...
最终最高法♥院♥将审理...
Then, eventually, the supreme court will hear...
...会归还你父亲的遗产
...going to restore your dad's legacy.
现在吗 我得吃点东西了 我有血糖问题
Now? I have to eat. I have a blood sugar thing.
如果你不反对 事情就简单多了
It's so much easier if you don't work against me here.
爵士小屋
后台入口
没事 他们认识我
It's cool. They know me here.
介意我开下窗户吗
Mind if I open this window?
这里竟然有窗户
This place has windows?
我到家了
I'm home.
他们挂了纪念照片
Ooh, they put up a memorial wall.
这是麦考伊·泰纳 跟柯川一起表演过
That's Mccoy Tyner. He played with Coltrane.
音乐长存
杰罗‧威尔森 西海岸的艾灵顿公爵
Gerald Wilson, the west coast Duke Ellington.
快看 是萨拉·沃恩
And look, Sarah Vaughan.
埃特·普雷尔去世了吗
Oh, no. Etta Pryor passed?
亲爱的 误会了
No, baby, I didn't.
我不会再往那边墙上靠了
I am not gonna lean against this wall anymore.
来拟声唱吧 宝贝不是让你走开
Now scat. No, no, no. Baby, please.
scat也有走开的意思
是拟声唱
Not that kind of scatting.
我们只是想来了解我爸爸
We just wanted some information about my dad.
你是蒙克·墨菲
Monk Murphy?
你还是个宝宝时你♥爸♥常带你来这
Your dad used to bring you here when you was just a baby.
知道吗 我写的好多歌♥都是关于你的
You know, I wrote so many songs about you.
比如那首《请给孩子换尿布》
Like, uh, um, um, "Please Change The Baby's Diaper."
《婴儿吐到了我的贵衣服上》
"That Baby Spit Up On My Good Dress."
还有《谁把婴儿带到了爵士俱乐部》
And "Who Brings A Baby To A Jazz Club?"
现在那首歌♥非常受欢迎
Now, that was a smash hit.
能见到你真好
Oh, it's so good to see you again.
没人比我更了解你父亲了
No one knew your dad better than me.
我对他的了解程度超过他妈
I knew him better than his mama,
他的牧师以及他的供应商
his preacher and his supplier
太阳镜小屋供应商
at the sunglass hut.
真好 他的音乐版权在谁那
Great. Who owns the rights to his music?
不清楚 但我知道其他事
I don't know. But I do know this.
我来跟你们讲讲牙龈出血爵士传奇吧
Let me tell you about bleeding gums.
他是那样的 那样的 那样的一个男人
He was a scoobedy, scoobedy, scoobedy, scoobedy man
毫无商业头脑
with no business sense.
可别听他的
Oh, look, don't you listen to him,
因为没人比我更懂牙龈出血墨菲了
'cause nobody knew bleeding gums like me.
我跟他一起巡演 一起巡演 一起巡演
I went on tour with him, tour with him, tour with him
我们在九十年代四处演出
tour with him, tour with him through the '90s.
-糟糕的商人 -九十年代
- Bad businessman. - Yeah, through the '90s.
我们一起巡演 巡演
Went on tour with him, tour with him,
-一起巡演 -糟糕商人 糟糕商人
- tour with him. - Bad business, bad business
-我们在九十年代一起巡演 -糟糕商人
- tour with him, tour with him through the '90s. - bad businessman.
-哈瓦那 新奥尔良 曼哈顿 -糟糕 糟糕的
- Havana, New Orleans, Manhattan. - Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad,
-还有东京 巴黎 阿姆斯特丹 -糟糕商人
- And Tokyo, Paris and Amsterdam. - bad businessman.
-在九十年代 -没帮到忙 没帮到忙
- In the '90s. - Not helping, not helping,
-他是个糟糕的 -没帮到忙 没帮到忙
- He was a bad, bad. - not helping, not helping,
-在九十年代 -没有在帮忙 没帮到忙
- In the '90s. - not helping, not helping.
《破碎电梯布鲁斯》
牙龈出血墨菲
那是什么
Oh, what's that?
"宝藏艺术家唱片" 是他的音乐发行商
"Treasured artist records." His publisher.
要找的就是这个
That's where we go.
-糟糕商人 -九十年代
- Bad businessman. - Through the '90s.
春田布里尔大厦
抄袭纽约风格音乐家
现在我们找到了卖♥♥你父亲音乐的地方
Now we'll find out who's selling your dad's music.
"支票正在邮寄发行商"
"Check Is In The Mail Publishing."
"公平交易唱片公♥司♥
"Fair Shake Records, a subsidiary
消费娱乐公♥司♥子公♥司♥
of exploitainment partners."
节奏和灵魂唱片 哈维·怀特布莱德 老板
"Rhythm and soul records, Harvey Whitebread, Owner."
我们到啦
Oh! Here we are.
宝藏艺术家发行商
说话之前请先签了这个
Look, before I can even talk to you, sign this. Please.
你为什么要签
Why'd you do that?
我只读到了"请"
All I got was "please."
那胡子挡到了嘴型 读不出来
That mustache makes his lips hard to read.
谢谢 为了嘴型不被读到我苦练许久
Ah, thanks. I work hard on not having readable lips.
还有字迹 还有指纹
Or handwriting. Or fingerprints.
你怎么能把牙龈出血墨菲的歌♥卖♥♥给彩票公♥司♥
How could you sell bleeding gums's song To the lottery?
它属于他和他的家人
It belongs to him and his family.
没错 牙龈出血写的
No, you're right. Bleeding Gums wrote it.
然后他来我们这里发行
Then he came to us to distribute it.
他该看看合同样板文件的
He should've read the contract boilerplate,
但我们甚至没告诉他文件的存在
which we never showed him nor told him actually existed.
样板文件可长了
And, boy, is there a lot of boilerplate.
但他得到了他的那份
But, uh, he got his share.
"全球版税 92美分"
"Worldwide royalties, 92 cents?"
这是他们承诺的一半
This is half of what they promised.
现在是21世纪 伙计
This is the 21st century, bub,
艺术家拥有自己的作品
where artists own their work.
虽然他们经常需要在互联网上
Although they often have to release it for free
免费发布 但我们要起诉你
on the internet. But we are gonna sue you.
我们不再拥有版权了
We don't own the rights anymore.
我们把它卖♥♥给了一个强大的财团
We sold them to a powerful consortium
包括耐克 乐事薯片
including Nike, Lay's potato chips,
土耳其寡头和邪恶企业
Turkish oligarchs and evil corp.
他的全息影像一直在欧洲巡演
His hologram's been on tour in Europe.
*自出生起*
*Oh, I been so lonely*
*我就一直孤单*
*Since the day I was born*
*我只有这个*
*All I got is this rusty*
*这生锈的老号♥角*
*This rusty old horn*
告诉你的财团
Well, you tell your consortium
有46磅的麻烦
that there's 46 pounds of trouble
就站在这里
standing right here.
打败他们可能需要很多年
It could take years and years to beat them,
但你有信心 对吧
but you're into that, right?
-并非如此 -什么
- Not really. - What?
我很快乐 我换个说法
I'm happy. Let me rephrase that.
我曾很快乐
I was happy
直到一个小女孩出现 告诉我我并不快乐
until a little girl came and told me I wasn't.
求你了 别帮我了
Please, stop helping me.
弹我
我拥有你的音乐
不 再给我一次机会
No. Give me one more chance.
好好看着我
Read my lips.
不
Nope.
我想你是对的 爸爸
I guess you were right, dad.
我准备放弃了
I'm ready to quit.
我为你骄傲 宝贝
I'm proud of you, sweetie.
我压根没打算努力
I've never even tried.
我十分为你骄傲 孩子
I'm very proud of you, boy.
我回房♥间了
I'm going to my room.
犯了大错后 没有什么比独处一间
Nothing beats a lonely, dark room
黑暗的卧室更好的了
after a giant mistake.
爱你
Love you.
什么是核能
我觉得丽莎有点不对劲
Mm. I think something's wrong with Lisa.
丽莎之前确实不对劲
Something was wrong with Lisa.
好消息 马姬 我都搞定了
Good news, Marge. I got it all handled.
也许我应该和她谈谈
Maybe I should talk to her.
她刚告诉我 她同意我说的一切
She just told me she agreed with everything I said.
如果你干涉 就会毁掉我所有的辛勤工作
If you interfere, it'll ruin all my hard work
使这个家陷入
and send this home into a tailspin
剧集 | 辛普森一家 | 导航列表