剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
他没有试图隐瞒什么
because Wendle Forsley had nothing to hide.
因为他没有什么可隐瞒的
He told the police that he had just gotten home
他告诉警♥察♥他刚回家
a full hour after he was seen entering the house.
可他被人看见回到家后足足有一个小时
And he repeated this lie during an interrogation the next day.
而且他在第二天接受调查的时候重复了这个谎言
It was only when he was told
只有当他被告知
he had been seen going into that house at 8:00,
他被人看见回家的时候是八点的时候
that he then changed his story and said,
他才改变了他的说法
I was in shock,
“我被吓到了”
no sense of time.
“没有时间的概念”
Good swimmers just don’t turn up in the bottom of the pool
一个优秀的游泳选手不会带着脖子上那样的印记
with such marks around their neck.
在泳池底部冒出来的
She was murdered.
她是被谋杀的
She was murdered by Wendle Forsley.
他是被Wendle Forsley谋杀的
All rise.
全体起立
Be seated.
请坐
I have reviewed the contract entered into
我已经审阅了由Gamble女士和Cahill先生
by Ms. Gamble and Mr. Cahill.
签署的协议
I think Ms. Gamble’s promises were against public policy,
我认为无论Gamble女士的承诺是否兑现了
lived up to or not.
都违背了相关公开的政策
I also believe they could be technically unenforceable
而且我还相信那在技术上没有可操作性
under Massachusetts’s general law,
根据马萨诸塞州普通法
chapter 265 section 1
第265章第1节
which states that only the jury shall determine
其中规定只有陪审团才能决定
the degree of murder.
谋杀的分级
However, the fact of the matter is,
然而,事实是
we enforce plea agreements like this every day,
我们每天都不得不使用这类的抗辩协议
and Ms. Gamble’s deceit, trickery, bad faith,
还有Gamble女士的诡计,欺诈,不诚实
it’s also against public policy.
这也是违背了公开的政策
Lawyer’s who appear in my court do not get to
到我的法庭上来的律师
take advantage of technicalities and bad faith
不能通过诡计和奸诈来获利
to get out of deal they regret.
撕毁使他们感到后悔的协议
I am therefore honoring the plea agreement.
因此,我谨遵这个抗辩协议
Mr. Cahill’s first degree convictions are set aside,
Cahill先生的一级谋杀定罪被取消了
we enter second degree counts,
我们再来讨论二级谋杀罪名
and pursuing to the agreement,
为了贯彻这个协议
Mr. Cahill shall be eligible for parole in twenty years.
Cahill先生的刑期为20年,并有资格获得保释
Thank you your honor.
谢谢法官大人
However,
不过,
this plea agreement is silent in sentencing
如果涉及到了其他罪行
when it comes to other crimes
这跟抗辩协议对于量刑就失去作用了
such as Mr. Cahill’s threat to hit Ms. Gamble.
比如说 Cahill先生威胁要袭击Gamble女士
We deny that ever happened.
我们否认有过此事
Yes, it would be nice for you
是呀,如果这件事提交庭审
if you got a trial on that,
对你而言是件好事
but you don’t.
但你并没有。
For sentencing purposes I need only find,
出于量刑的目的,我需要独♥立♥裁决
by a preponderance of the evidence that it happened.
根据已经拥有的大多数证据
I make that finding now.
我做出了裁决
To threaten a DA Mr. Cahill.
威胁检察官!Cahill先生
I’m adding 75 years to each of your two counts,
我给你这两项罪名(指威胁Bay和Gamble)各加上75年刑期
sentencing to run consecutively.
刑期顺延执行
So you will now be eligible for parole in 150 years.
所以你现在享有150年的可获驾驶资格的刑期
Adjourned!
休庭
You think you honored Richard Bay in all this?
你觉得干了这些是尊敬Richard Bay吗?
You think that cowboy up there just ratified you?
你觉得那个牛仔(法官)是认同你的吗?
Go away.
一边去儿
Richard Bay was a man of integrity.
Richard Bay是一个正直的人
He honored his word.
他遵守诺言
He honored the law.
他尊重法律
If you’ll excuse me I have to go to a funeral.
不好意思,我要去参加葬礼了
Well I hope you pay tribute to him there,
好吧,我希望你在那里向他致敬
because neither you, nor that judge did here.
因为无论你还是那个法官,在这里都没有做到
I get the feeling
我有种感觉
you don’t really want me to win.
你不是真希望我能赢
What was your motive?
如果你不介意我问问的话
If you don’t mind my asking.
你的动机是什么?
I don’t know…
我说不清。。。
maybe power.
也许是权欲
Power?
权欲?
Just like the chickens.
就像那些鸡
I’d be holding this little life in my hands,
我把它们那弱小的生命攥在手心里
fully alive, vital,
充满活力,生气勃勃
noisy.
叽叽喳喳的
And with one squeeze.
但只需要用力一捏
I didn’t know I was going to kill Annie.
我不知道我会杀了Annie
We were kissing.
我们正在接吻
I was caressing her face.
我正抚摸她的脸庞
And she just seemed so,
她看起来如此的
alive.
活泼
Next thing…
接下来。。。
Jury’s back.
陪审团回来了
Will the defendant please rise.
请被告起立
Madam Foreperson has the jury reached a verdict?
主席女士,陪审团有了裁决了吗?
We have your honor.
是的,法官大人
What say you?
请宣读
Commonwealth vs. Wendle Forsley,
关于联邦针对Wendle Forsley
on the charge on murder in the first degree,
起诉的一级谋杀罪名
we find the defendant, Wendle Forsley,
我们裁决被告Wendle Forsley
not guilty.
无罪
on the charge on murder in the second degree,
关于二级谋杀的指控
we find the defendant, Wendle Forsley,
我们裁定被告Wendle Forsley
not guilty.
无罪
The defendant is free to go.
被告当庭开释
Members of the jury
陪审团成员可以解散了
you are dismissed with the court’s thanks.
法庭对你们表示感谢
Thank you so much.
太谢谢你了
I owe you my life.
我欠你一条命
You need help Wendle.
Wendle,你需要帮助
I’d go to a therapist, I really would.
我想去看心理医生,我真的想去
The thing is if they think I’d do it again
但问题是,如果他们认为我还改不了
they might tell someone and get me locked up.
他们会告诉别人,把我抓起来
I can control myself,
我能控制我自己
I really think I can.
我相信我可以
Goodbye.
再见
Richard had the choice of stepping down from a case
Richard本可以选择退出那个案子
where the defendant was threatening his life.
被告对他发出了死亡威胁
He said to me, how can I do that,
我对我说,我怎么可以那样做
I’m a district attorney,
我是一个检察官
this is who I am.
这就是我的职业
And that’s how he’d wanna be remembered.
而那就是他想让人们记住的
He was a public servant.
他是一个公仆
He leaves a legacy of truth, justice,
在他身后留下了
and integrity behind him.
忠诚、公正和正直的遗产
A legacy I’ve done a lousy job living up to the last few days.
一份我通过最近几天令人讨厌的工作想达成的遗产
A legacy which has become increasingly difficult for everyone
一份对于所有在刑事司法体系的人最近都觉得
in the criminal justice system to live up to, as of late.
越来越难以达成的遗产
But for Richard it was easy,
但对于Richard,这很容易
because his compass always reminded him,
因为他的信仰始终提醒他
he was a public servant.
他是一个公仆
A lot of people he considered his friends, disliked him.
很多他以为是他朋友的人,并不喜欢他
A lot of them happen to be my best friends,
他们中很多人恰好是我最好的朋友
defense attorneys.
辩护律师
People who come to work day after day
他们这些人日复一日地工作
fighting for the civil rights of those
为那些杀人犯、强♥奸♥犯、盗贼
who have murdered, raped, stole.
的公民权利而战
People who knew that by fighting for the guilty,
他们这些人懂得,通过为这些罪犯辩护
they were ultimately protecting the innocent.
他们最终会保护无辜者
Those people have come to doubt themselves
在Richard死后
in the wake of Richard’s death.
他们这些人开始对自己产生怀疑
Richard never doubted you.
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表