剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
Thank you.
谢谢你。
I developed the case. I already settled out
我发掘了这个案子,我已经和医生一起落实了案情
with the doctor. I just need --
我需要的就是。。。
For $45,000.
四万五千美金。
13-year-old girl, liver failure?
十三岁的女孩,肝衰竭?
$45,000 seems low.
四万五千美金看起来不多
They needed the money.
他们需要钱。
Plus, the drug company is the deep pocket here.
另外,制药公♥司♥是实力很雄厚的
Well, have they offered anything?
那么,他们提供了什么?
Not yet, but you know how this goes.
还没有,但是你知道会怎么样的
Things get settled on the courthouse steps.
这类事是在庭外和解的。
I expect an offer.
我希望有人出个价
Oh, you do.
噢,是啊。
The girl got hurt bad, Eugene, like you say,
Eugene,如你所说,这个女孩受害很严重,
and these big drug companies,
而这些大制药公♥司♥,
they don't like the publicity of trials.
他们不希望公开的审判。
They don't like to set a precedent of settling, either.
但他们也不喜欢开创和解的先例。
Now, you said this drug comes with a warning to doctors --
现在,你说这种药附有给医生的提醒。。。
"Not proven to be safe and effective
“对16岁以下的孩子未被证明是安全有效的”
on children under 16."
“对16岁以下的孩子未被证明是安全有效的”
Saying "Not proven to be safe"
“未被证明是安全有效的”和“危险”是两回事。
is different from saying "Dangerous."
“未被证明是安全有效的”和“危险”是两回事。
I'm telling you, Eugene, there's a case here.
我告诉你,Eugene,这就是个案子
They'll settle this.
他们会就此和解的。
Okay.
好吧
And why do you need me?
你为什么需要我呢?
Well, my track record in product liability cases --
呃,我在产品责任案件方面的办案记录。。。
I don't think I exactly put the fear of God in them.
我觉得我吓唬不住他们。
Now, your case where you took on the EPA --
你们起诉环保署的案子。。。
A $30 million verdict.
判了三千万美金。
It was cut down.
那被砍掉了。
But you got the verdict.
但你们毕竟得到了判决。
If I have you guys on board as co-counsel,
如果我有你们这些人作为协办律师,
I know I can chip the settlement up.
我知道我能提高和解的筹码。
I'll give you a third of my contingency.
我会把我风险代理费的三分之一给你们。
Harland, I don't know.
Harland,我说不好
Please. These are good people, Eugene.
拜托了,你们都很优秀,Eugene
Yeah, but every time I sign up with you,
是啊,但是我每次和你签约,
I end up getting embarrassed.
结果我都会很尴尬
That's not going to happen this time.
这次不会的
I've worked hard here.
这案子我费了很大的劲。
I developed the file.
我发掘的这个案子
I beat their motion to dismiss.
我赢下了他们要求撤销案子的动议。
I got it to trial.
我使这个案子进入庭审了
I got it to trial.
我使这个案子进入庭审了
But you don't think you can win at trial.
但你认为你赢不下来
That's why you're so desperate to settle.
这就是为什么你如此渴望达成和解。
I just want to be sure they get something.
我只是想确保他们能有所得。
We had been to a party and he was walking me home.
我们参加了一个聚会,他带我回家
the defendant?
指被告吗?
Yes.
是的
And we got about halfway to my dorm
走到离我宿舍还有一半路的时候,那时。。。
when...
走到离我宿舍还有一半路的时候,那时。。。
When what, Meredith?
那时怎么了,Meredith?
Well, first he just started saying
呃,开始只是说他想跟我一起进屋亲热一下
that he was going to come back to my room
呃,开始只是说他想跟我一起进屋亲热一下
with me so that we could fool around.
呃,开始只是说他想跟我一起进屋亲热一下
What did you say to that?
你对此说了什么?
I think I laughed it off.
我认为我是一笑了之。
I didn't want to be mean,
我不想损他,所以我实际上没有回答他。
so I didn't really answer him.
我不想损他,所以我实际上没有回答他。
And then when we got to my room,
然后我们到了我的房♥间,
we went inside.
我们一起进去了。
You let him in?
你让他进去了?
Yes.
是的
We were still talking,
我们一直在聊天
and I had some soda in my refrigerator,
我冰箱里有些苏打水,
so we had a drink.
我们喝了一杯
And then, suddenly, he just grabbed me,
然后,他突然抓住我,
and he tried to kiss me.
试图吻我。
What did you do then?
那么你做了什么呢?
I pushed him off.
我把他推开。
We weren't even on a date.
我们甚至连约会都算不上。
He was just walking me home from a party.
他只不过是从聚会上送我回家而已
And what happened after you tried to push him off?
你试图推开他后发生了什么?
I think I laughed again,
我觉得我又笑了,
I don't know,
我说不好,
to make the situation less awkward,
是为了让气氛不那么尴尬。
but I told him, "No. It's time to go."
但是我跟他说了,“不行,你该走了”
And he grabbed me again.
但他再次抓住我。
After you said no?
在你说不行之后?
Yes.
对
He pushed me onto the floor.
他把我推倒在地板上。
And then what, Meredith?
Meredith,然后呢?
He pulled up my skirt
他把我的裙子掀起来。并。。。
and...
他把我的裙子掀起来。并。。。
he pulled my panties down.
他褪下了我的内♥裤♥。
What did you do?
你做了什么?
I tried to fight him off,
我试图挣脱他,
but he had my knees pinned to the floor,
但他把我的膝盖压在地板上,
and I couldn't...
我无法。。。
and then he was, um...
然后他就。。。
forcing himself inside of me.
强行插入了我。
And did you have intercourse?
你们交♥媾♥了吗?
It wasn't intercourse.
那不是交♥媾♥。
At anytime did you consent to this?
你在某个时刻对此认可了吗?
No.
没有
He was raping me.
他强♥奸♥了我。
I was on night patrol
我在夜间巡逻时看到被告闯过停止标志线
when I saw the defendant run the stop sign.
我在夜间巡逻时看到被告闯过停止标志线
I pulled him over.
我把他拦下来。
What happened next?
接下来呢?
As I approached the defendant's vehicle,
当我靠近被告的汽车时,他做了个鬼鬼祟祟的动作
he made a furtive gesture.
当我靠近被告的汽车时,他做了个鬼鬼祟祟的动作
What exactly did he do?
他到底做了什么?
He reached under the seat
他把手伸到座位下面就好像他去要拿武器一样。
as if he was going for a weapon.
他把手伸到座位下面就好像他去要拿武器一样。
And what did you do, officer?
那你做了什么,警官?
Fearing for my safety,
出于担心自身安全,
I pulled out my service revolver
我拔出了我的左轮配枪并喝令他下车。
and asked him to step out of the vehicle.
我拔出了我的左轮配枪并喝令他下车。
I then began to search the vehicle
因为可能有武器,我随后对车辆进行了搜查
for a possible weapon.
因为可能有武器,我随后对车辆进行了搜查
Did you find any?
找到武器了吗?
No, but under the driver's seat
没有,但在驾驶座下有个塑料袋,
was a plastic baggie containing what was
里面装有随后被确定为10克的强效可♥卡♥因♥
later determined to be 10 grams of crack cocaine.
里面装有随后被确定为10克的强效可♥卡♥因♥
I placed the defendant under arrest
我逮捕了被告并向他宣读了他的权力
and advised him of his rights.
我逮捕了被告并向他宣读了他的权力
You feared for your safety?
你那时担心你的安全?
That's correct.
没错。
After you got the defendant out of his car,
在你让被告下车之后,
what did you do next?
你接着做了什么?
I searched for weapons.
我去搜查武器。
Did you call for backup?
你呼叫后援了吗?
No, I thought I could handle it.
没有,我认为我能应付得了
Did you pat frisk?
你搜他身了吗?
Actually, I thought the weapon was in the vehicle.
实际上,我以为武器是在车里。
How about handcuffs?
给他戴手铐了吗?
At that point, no.
当时没有。
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表