剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
Previously on "The Practice"...
前集回顾未作翻译
Oh, are you okay?
You might have something called chorioamnionitis,
an infection of the amniotic fluid.
I want to schedule an amnio.
Lab results are normal, including the repeat CBC.
Meaning...
Go home.
My husband is Raymond Littlefield.
He's been charged with murdering my daughter.
Your daughter, so his stepdaughter.
Yes.
They claim he had an affair with her.
He didn't.
We had run-ins over discipline.
It probably became a typical father/daughter relationship.
With the exception
that she claimed that you slept with her.
She had a history of lying, Mr. Donnell.
I don't mean to be offensive, but...
What?
Did the police ever consider you a suspect?
You're asking me if I killed my own daughter.
Are you accusing me of murder, Mr. Berluti?
I'm just interviewing everybody who could
conceivably have a grudge against Raymond Littlefield.
You two were lovers.
If I were going to kill somebody out of anger,
wouldn't I have chosen him?
Who's your suspect?
Have you looked at his wife?
What about your mother?
What about her?
Could you conceive of her
wanting to harm your sister?
My mother loved my sister.
She would never hurt her.
There was some contaminated blood
on the victim near the vagina.
It was a trace of semen.
It genetically matches your client.
I didn't kill her, Mr. Donnell.
How did that semen get there, Raymond?
Whatever else might have happened between us,
I did not kill her.
Our own DNA tests came back.
由我们自己做的DNA测试结果出来了
It's your semen.
是你的精♥液♥。
It's got to be wrong.
这一定是搞错了
Is there any margin for error here?
这个测试会有点误差吗?
The odds that it came from somebody else
是别人的概率是1:1700万。
are 17 million to 1.
是别人的概率是1:1700万。
Going into a murder trial-- bad odds.
放到谋杀罪的审判中。。。非常糟糕的概率
It isn't mine.
真不是我的
Raymond, you admit having an affair with her.
Raymond,你承认了和她有私情
I keep telling you,
我一直在告诉你,
I hadn't slept with her for at least a week.
我和她至少有一周没有上♥床♥了
How long can semen last?
精♥液♥可以留存多久呀?
It can last.
那是可以留存的
Even if she's taking baths?
甚至在她洗澡后?
She was on the swim team, for God's sake.
她是游泳队的,看在上帝的份上,她每天都泡在氯水中呀
She was in chlorine every day.
她是游泳队的,看在上帝的份上,她每天都泡在氯水中呀
You hadn't slept with her for more than a week?
你有一个星期以上没有和她上♥床♥了?
No.
对
And she'd been swimming every day.
而她天天都游泳。
Yes.
是的
Could they have planted it-- the police?
会不会是有人栽赃。。。警♥察♥吗?
How would they even get it?
他们怎么弄到你的精♥液♥?
This isn't blood we're talking about. It's semen.
我们说的不是血液,而是精♥液♥
But let's assume for a second it could have been planted.
但让我们假设一下,那是被栽赃的。
Who had access to your...
谁可以接触到你的精♥液♥。。。
prior to Fiona's death,
在Fiona死前,
when was the last time you had sex with your wife?
你和你的太太最后一次做♥爱♥是什么时候?
I'd have to think.
我得回忆一下
A day or two before-- maybe three.
一两天前。。。也许三天吧
Is it possible
是否有可能是你的太太把你精♥液♥弄到Fiona审上的?
your wife planted your semen on Fiona?
是否有可能是你的太太把你精♥液♥弄到Fiona身上的?
Are you asking me
你是在问我是不是有可能Kate杀了Fiona?
if it's possible Kate killed Fiona?
你是在问我是不是有可能Kate杀了Fiona?
Her own daughter.
那是她亲女儿呀。
That's what I'm asking.
我问的就是这个。
You want to accuse her in open court?
你想当庭对她提出指控吗?
We're desperate.
我们走投无路了
The prosecution is so confident,
而检方很有信心,
they're not even offering murder two.
他们甚至都没有提出二级谋杀罪名
They're not even charging it.
(为保证定罪,控方一般会起诉两三♥级♥罪名,
比如同时提出一级和二级谋杀罪名供陪审团裁决
以免一级谋杀定罪不成,就只能无罪开释)
They're going all the way, no parole,
他们始终坚持不予假释
because they know they've got you.
因为他们知道已经有把握了
We need something
我们需要制♥造♥出一些合理怀疑来
to manufacture reasonable doubt.
我们需要制♥造♥出一些合理怀疑来
First of all...
首先。。。
if my wife did this and is framing me,
如果是我妻子做的并且在陷害我,
why would she--
为什么她会。。。
She's been at my side the whole time,
她一直是站在我这边儿的
participating in my defense.
参与我的辩护
Well, she could just be playing her part
那也许仅仅是她在演戏
so as not to draw suspicion to herself.
以免引起对她自己的怀疑。
Or she could be setting herself up
或者她想让自己在辩护中做为证人
as a witness for the defense,
或者她想让自己在辩护中做为证人
only to bury you once she gets up there.
等到作证的时候搞死你
That's pretty conniving.
真是个完美的阴谋
We all know she's smart enough,
我们都知道她很精明,
and if she killed her own daughter,
如果她杀了自己的女儿,
she is capable of anything.
那她什么都干得出来。
So your plan is?
那么你的计划是?
We let her think we think she's on our side,
我们使她相信我们认为她是站在我们一边儿的
and then when she testifies, we ambush her,
随后当她作证的时候,我会伏击她的
and hope it flusters her enough
寄希望于能使她慌乱到足以看起来可能有罪的程度
to make her look at least possibly guilty.
寄希望于能使她慌乱到足以看起来可能有罪的程度
What if you're wrong?
如果你搞错了呢?
What if she's completely innocent?
如果她是完全无辜的呢?
If we're wrong,
如果我们搞错了
we still might cast some suspicion on her.
我们还是可能在她身上制♥造♥出疑点
That at least gives us a chance at reasonable doubt.
那至少给了我们获得合理怀疑的机会
But, obviously, for it to work,
但,显然,为了能有效,你不能先告诉她
you can't tell her.
但,显然,为了能有效,你不能先告诉她
It has to be a surprise attack.
必须要达成突袭
There's a big hole in your theory.
你们的设想有个大漏洞
Since this little discovery,
自从这个精♥液♥证据被发现后
she won't even talk to me.
她甚至都不想和我说话了
She says she won't testify for me.
她说她不会为我作证了
I'll get her there.
我会把她弄去作证的
And once you do,
一旦你这样做,你就指控她是凶手?
you accuse her of being the killer?
一旦你这样做,你就指控她是凶手?
We call it plan "B."
我们把这叫做B计划
You're going to say she made love to her husband
你打算说她和丈夫做♥爱♥以便得到精♥液♥样本
to get a semen sample to plant on her own daughter,
然后弄到被她杀害的亲生女儿身上。
who she killed.
然后弄到被她杀害的亲生女儿身上。
It's possible.
有这种可能性。
Even if it is,
即使如此,
no jury is going to believe that.
也没有陪审团会信的
And there's another problem.
还有另一个问题。
Her name is on that retainer agreement.
雇佣协议上有她的名字
She signed it. She could be a client.
她签过字,她应该算是个当事人
I consulted outside ethics counsel.
我咨♥询♥了外部的职业道德法律顾问
For the purpose of this agreement,
就本协议而言,他才是当事人,而她不是
he's the client, not her.
就本协议而言,他才是当事人,而她不是
We don't have to protect her.
我们不需要去维护她
Bobby, even if he didn't kill her,
Bobby,即使不是他杀的,
he's still a statutory rapist.
他还是一个法定强♥奸♥犯
(因为性♥交♥对象是未成年人,
即使其自愿,也从法理上视为强♥奸♥)
Is this guy really worth
为这么个家伙拿咱们的好名声冒险值得吗?
putting our reputation on the line?
为这么个家伙拿咱们的好名声冒险值得吗?
Our reputation is that we will do anything
我们的好名声是我们会在法律允许范围内
within the bounds of the law to win,
竭尽所能打赢官司。
and since when do I have to convince you of this?
打什么时候开始,我不得不在这些问题上来说服你了?
Well, maybe since I'm worried about making rent.
也许是自打我为付房♥租操心的时候开始的吧
Oh, please.
噢,拉倒吧
I have to admit,
我不得承认,
this time, it seems particularly disgusting.
这次,似乎格外让人感到恶心
Wait a second. This woman could be the killer.
等一下,这个女人也可能就是凶手,
She had motive and opportunity.
她有动机和条件
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表