剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
最后一个是无罪,前两次不是
Those were juvie.
那些是少年犯罪
Well the DA is going to try and introduce them as pattern evidence.
然而检察官会试图把这些作为模式证据
There’s a motion scheduled for tomorrow.
明天会有一个动议提出
We are going to fight it but…
我们会去设法驳回,但是。。。
Is manslaughter still on the table?
还可以接受过失杀人罪吗?
No!
没门儿
Wanna tell us about the chickens?
想和我们谈谈鸡的事吗?
You killed him!
你杀了他!
Mr. Cahill, I’m afraid I’m not satisfied
Cahill先生,恐怕我不太确信
that you turned over all the people responsible for Mr. Bay’s death.
你把所有应对Bay先生遇害负责的人都交待出来了
What? I did!
什么?我都交待了!
Well it’s unfortunate that I just don’t trust you.
不幸的是,我就是不太相信你
Accordingly the deal is off, you life sentence stands.
因此,交易取消,你还是终身监禁
Hold on!
打住!
On what basis do you believe there were others involved?
你凭什么相信还有别的涉案人?
My gut. Have a nice life Mr. Cahill.
我的直觉。祝你生活愉快,Cahill先生
We have a signed agreement!
我们签过协议的!
I don’t believe he lived up to the terms.
我不认为他履行了条款
We’re going right to court.
我们马上上法庭!
Excellent.
太好了
That’ll sure put the word out that you turned states evidence.
那样一定会让你告密的事情昭然天下
I guess this is goodbye Jackie.
我想可以说永别了, Jackie
-You don’t think I can hit you from inside! -Jackie
你觉得我在里面就不能揍你了吗!
I was so hoping you’d say that.
你能这么说我真是求之不得
Prior bad acts in a criminal case are inadmissible.
在刑事案件中,以前的不良行为是不允许提及的
Except when they go to pattern your honor.
除非是要推导出一种模式,法官大人
He was never convicted of the crime.
他从未因此而定罪
Ha was arrested for it. And the two prior murders…
他因此被逮捕过,而且先前的两起谋杀。。。
Were juvenile offences which means, as a matter of law,
那是青少年犯罪,就法律而言这意味着
they never happened.
都没有发生过
Juvie is sealed.
青少年犯罪是被封存的
That means we’re talking about one prior offense.
那意味着,我们在谈的只有一起先前的罪行
One offense does not amount to pattern.
一起罪行不构成犯罪模式
The pattern is he kills wives.
他的模式是杀妻
Oh come on.
噢,拉倒吧
Look, this man borders on being a serial killer,
看,这个人几乎是一个连环杀手
he’s gonna kill again.
他还会再犯的
Based on what I’m hearing,
基于我所听到的
I’d say it’s a guarantee.
我要说这是个担♥保♥
But juvenile records are sealed
但是青少年犯罪是被封存的
and as for the prior bad acts,
至于说先前的罪行
I’d be handing him an appeal on a silver platter.
(如果采纳的话)我会给他免费送一个可以上诉的理由
It’s not coming in.
这些(证据)不予采纳
So we’re just going to pretend for the jury that none of this ever happened?
那么我们就是一个假装这些都没发生过的陪审团?
We’re going to finish the case.
我们去把这个案子了结了吧
Bec are you ok?
Bec,你还好吧?
Ya, I just, just…
嗯,我只是,只是。。。
with Richard getting killed.
想到Richard被杀害了
The reality of…
这现实。。。
The reality of what?
什么现实?
Think I’ve been clinging a little to this case?
你觉得我对这个案子过于执着吧?
The idea that we fight for the innocent sometimes to you know.
我们为无辜者而战的理念,你知道的
And Wendle, I just, I just,
Wendle,我只是,只是
I needed him to be innocent you know.
我需要他是无辜的,你懂吧
Ya
嗯
Jimmy,
Jimmy
he’s gonna kill again.
他还会再杀人的
That’s not something to mention in your closing.
你在结案陈词中敷衍了事吧
It’s not even something we should think about.
甚至不需要考虑什么
It’s not even something we should think about!
甚至不需要考虑什么!
Rebecca.
Rebecca
No, no what the hell are we doing!
不行,我们在做什么鬼事呀!
Keep your voice down…
声音小点。。。
Is there even any doubt that he’ll kill again!
毫无疑问他还会继续杀人的!
Rebecca!
Rebecca!
This is classic contract law your honor.
法官大人,这是一个典型的契约法问题
Mr. Gamble offered a deal, we accepted the terms,
Gamble女士提出了一个交易,我们接受了条款
she received consideration.
她得到了回报
First of all…
首先。。。
I’m not finished.
我还没说完呢
We also have to consider substantive due process.
我们还要考虑到实质性的正当程序
The government must be required to give Mr. Cahill
政♥府♥必须被责令给与Cahill先生
the benefit of what he bargained for.
他所应得的利益
He gave over the shooter,
他交出了枪手
who was shot dead, by the way,
顺便说一下,枪杀致死
for Ms. Gamble to now say no deal.
而 Gamble女士现在却说取消交易
That is blatant bad faith.
那是公然的不守信用
This woman was a friend of Richard Bay’s.
这个女人是Richard Bay的朋友
She’s been on a mission.
她在完成一个使命
The shooter is now dead.
现在枪手已经死了
Now she’s reneging on a signed agreement to get my client,
而她背弃了一份已经签过字的协议来伤害我的客户
and it should shock the conscience
这使对这个法庭有关公平的基本理念
of this court’s fundamental notion of fairness.
的良知受到动摇
Ms. Gamble.
Gamble女士?
The due called for Mr. Cahill to reveal everybody
Cahill先生被要求要提供
involved in Mr. Bay’s death.
所有与Bay先生遇害有关联的人
Because the shooter was fatally wounded,
因为这个枪手受到致命伤
our investigation of Mr. Bay’s murder has been severely undermine.
我们对Bay先生的谋杀案的调查遭到了严重影响
As for fundamental notions of fairness.
至于公平的基本理念
This man put a hit on a DA.
这个人袭击了一个检察官
He has since threatened to put a hit on me.
他其后还威胁要袭击我
I find it unbelievable
我觉得不可思议:
that a man who has violated our laws with such brutality,
一个以如此残忍♥的方式违反我们法律的人
a man that has murdered and committed acts of depravity,
一个犯下谋杀和堕落行为的人
for him now to be seeking protection of the law,
现今他却要寻求法律的保护
to be exalting arguments of fairness and due process.
成为公平和正当程序的夸大论据
This classic contract law that Mr. Powell speaks of
Powell先生谈到的这个传统契约法
asks for the parties to act with clean hands.
要求各方都开诚布公
I’d ask the court to consider Mr. Cahill’s hands.
我请求法庭考虑一下Cahill先生的行为
And I would ask the court to consider Helen Gamble’s.
而我也请求法庭考量一下Helen Gamble的行为
I’m sorry.
我很难过
ya
嗯
I know how close you two were and,
我知道你们俩关系很好
I’m sorry for your lose.
我为你失去好友万分难过
And I’m sorry for being an accomplice, in his death.
我也因在他遇害一案中成为共犯而感到难过
Bobby you weren’t an accomplice.
Bobby你不是共犯
There’s no more denying that Helen.
Helen,别再否认这一点了
You’re a defense attorney.
你是一个辩护律师
Ya…
嗯。。。
The magic words I guess,
我想到了那个格言
to check your conscience at the door.
把你的良心丢在门外
I’m so sorry for your lose.
我为你失去好友万分难过
You ok?
你还好吧?
No.
不
Every medical expert, ours, their's,
所有的医学专家,我们的和他们的
including the coroner,
包括验尸官
has admitted that she drowned.
都确认她是淹死的
That the bruising on the neck
脖子上的瘀伤
could have been post mortem.
可能是死后产生的
That they could have been inflicted by my clients attempts
那可能是我的客户试图
to pull her out of the pool.
把她从池子里拖上来时造成的
There is no evidence of any motive.
没有关于任何动机的证据
There was no evidence that Wendle Forsley was violent
没有任何证据显示that Wendle Forsley有
toward his wife or any other person.
针对他妻子或者别人的暴♥力♥倾向
There is no case here ladies and gentlemen.
先生们女士们,本来就不存在什么案子
Wendle Forsley is only on trial
Wendle Forsley受审的唯一原因
because he seemingly lied about what time he got home that night.
是他似乎对在当晚回家的时间描述上撒了谎
But as he told you, as Dr. Winter’s told you,
但正如他和Winter医生解释给你们的那样
he went into shock.
他处于惊骇之中
He wasn’t trying to hide anything,
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表