剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
他的证词需要具有说服力
I never remotely asked him to lie.
我根本从未要求他去撒谎
What about the idea that you supplied the testimony?
关于说你提供了证词这个看法呢?
I gave him a list of points we needed to cover.
我给他列出了需要涉及的要点清单
I told him what was most relevant, what needed to be emphasized.
我告诉他什么是最有关联的,什么是最需要强调的
The idea that I encouraged false testimony is preposterous!
关于我促成伪证的看法,是荒谬的
It's a desperate ploy by a defense team
这是辩护方绝地求生的策略
that's even arguing its own inadequacy,
如果您看一下第六节的话
if you look at paragraph six.
他们甚至于拿自己的辩护不力做上诉理由
I haven't got to that yet!
我还没有说到那些呢!
Your Honors, this is the catchall
法官大人,这真是什么理由都用上了
"inadequacy of counsel" appeal
因“辩护不力”上诉
that's typically thrown out there
通常会在辩护方没有别的办法的情况下
when the defendants have little else to go on.
就抛出来这种理由
The fact remains,
事实依然存在
Scott Wallace is an educated man.
Scott Wallace是一个受过良好教育的人
He participated in his defense fully.
他完全参与了他的辩护
This was a strategic decision to which he relented.
他的让步(没有出庭作证)是一种策略上的决定
It does not rise to a denial of his right to testify.
这谈不上否决了他的作证权
-It's unfair surprise. -I didn't know about it myself.
-这是违规突袭(此处具体是指违背证据开示原则)
-我自己事先也不知道
-I just uncovered it. -That doesn't matter?
-我刚发现这个
-不要紧吗?
At this point in the trial--
在庭审这个节骨眼上。。。
Look, I'll give you time if you want discovery.
听着,你们需要研究的话,我可以给你时间
-I don't want time. -Hold on.
-我不需要花时间
-打住
These are records of her injuries?
这是她的受伤记录?
No, Your Honor, his previous wife.
不是,法官大人,这是他前期的
There are also medical records
这还有她的三个女儿
of three injuries to the daughter.
的受伤记录
A broken arm, a shoulder bruise, and a laceration.
一个胳膊断了,一个肩膀瘀伤,还有一个划伤
-Over a period of... -Eleven years total.
-在多长时间内发生的。。。
-前后一共十一年
First of all, there is no evidence
首先,没有证据表明
or suggestion that my client caused these injuries.
或者暗示那是我的当事人造成的伤害
Was Mr. Wakefield ever accused of any abuse?
Wakefield先生曾经被控虐待?
No, but with this pattern, he probably should have been.
没有,但是这是行为模式,他可能做过的
Do you have any evidence that he caused them?
你有什么证据证明是他造成的吗?
No, but--
没有,但是。。。
Denied.
否决
-You know better than that. -Your Honor...
-你明知不该那样做的
-法官大人
Out you go. I'll see you back in court.
你出去吧,法庭上见
(door opens)
Did you hit your first wife?
你殴打过你的前妻?
What?
什么?
They dug up hospital reports,
他们把医院的记录翻出来了
and some on Jennifer, too.
还有一些是Jennifer的
No. They're saying that I hit them?
不是的,他们说是我打了她们?
Well, luckily, they don't get to say it,
还好,他们没能弄清楚
but my question is, did you?
但我的问题是,你打了吗?
Of course not! Rebecca!
当然没有,Rebecca!
How'd she get her injuries?
那她是怎么受伤的?
What injuries?
什么伤?
Bruises. Cuts.
瘀伤、割伤
Jennifer had a broken arm.
Jennifer胳膊骨折
She fell off of her bike.
她从自行车上摔下来
Joanne, she rode horses. She jumped.
Joanne,她骑马,马跳起来
She had a couple of accidents, maybe.
她也许是出过几次事故
What the hell is this?
这到底怎么回事?
Is this what happens now--
这就是现在正在发生的。。。
They start manufacturing things?
他们开始没事找事?
Seems like a lot of accidents, Robert.
看起来事故不少呀,Robert.
Hey, I've had my share of yelling arguments.
嘿,我是和她们大声争吵过
I've even grabbed from time to time,
我也曾偶尔抓过
both Joanne and Margaret,
Joanne和Margaret她们俩。
but I have never, ever hit a woman.
但是我从来没有打过一个女人
And my daughter!
或者是我的女儿!
I don't think it's wise for you to testify.
我认为让你作证是不明智的
I suggest we rest and go to closing.
我建议我们就此完成举证,做结案陈述
And why is that?
为什么呢?
Because Helen Gamble could back-door
因为Helen Gamble可以借此途径
that other stuff on impeachment,
提出别的事来质疑你
and it wouldn't look good.
那样就不太妙了
Trust me.
相信我
Do I need another lawyer here?
我现在需要另找一个律师吗?
I'll finish.
我会搞定的
I don't want you finishing unless you believe me.
除非你信任我,否则我不想让你来搞定
Do I need a new lawyer?
我需要找个新律师吗?
I'll finish.
我会搞定的
I'm telling you, Ellenor,
我告诉你,Ellenor
I know this woman.
我认识这个女人
She's covering for him. I know her.
她在替他做掩护,我了解她
At the risk of getting my head bitten off,
冒着被人咬掉脑袋、
ground into wheat germ,
磨成麦芽、
and sprinkled on your cereal,
然后洒在你的麦片粥上的危险,我要说
I know you.
我也了解你
What's that supposed to mean?
你说这话什么意思呀?
It means you are under a lot of pressure at work.
我是说你工作压力太大了
Have you considered the possibility
你考虑过可能是
that you need this conviction so badly
你太想要给他定罪了
you are willing to chase one
所以你宁愿去拿下一个
even in the absence of a crime?
本来就不存在犯罪的案子?
Look, after what I did on the Wallace case,
听着,以我在Wallace案子的所作所为
how could you even say that to me?
你怎么可以跟我说这些?
I believe you believe he's guilty.
我相信你确信他是有罪的
My question is, do you need to believe it?
我的问题是,你需要确信吗?
The only eyewitness is the victim,
唯一的目击证人就是受害者
and she says there was no crime.
而她说那不存在犯罪行为
Is she the only eyewitness?
她是唯一的目击证人吗?
(school bell rings)
Jennifer?
Jennifer?
Hi.
嗨
Are you Jennifer Wakefield?
你是Jennifer Wakefield?
Who are you?
你是?
My name's Helen Gamble.
我是Helen Gamble。
I'm a district attorney.
我是一个地区检察官
Could I talk to you for a second?
我可以跟你谈一下吗?
I know who you are.
我知道你是谁
(telephone rings)
Donnell-- Whatever.
这里是Donnell。。。算了
Yeah. Yeah, he's right here.
对,对,他现在就在
It's the clerk's office about the Wallace appeal.
Wallace案上诉法庭的书♥记♥员办公室
Hello.
你好
Yes.
是的
Today?
今天?
Thank you.
谢谢
What?
怎么回事?
They ordered a full hearing
关于伪证的问题
on the perjury issue.
他们安排了一次专门听证会
We go back into Judge Wolf today.
我们今天就回到Wolf法官那里
That's our best grounds, Eugene.
那一点是我们最好的上诉理由
We have a shot.
-I don't believe it. -We're back in this.
-我不太相信
-我们有希望了
Well, let's not get carried away.
好吧,我们别太忘乎所以了
Eugene, it's our best grounds. We're gonna get him out.
Eugene,这是我们最好的上诉理由,我们将会让他获得自♥由♥
Bobby, we can't get Scott's hopes up.
Bobby,我们不能让Scott重燃希望
Not yet.
还没到那一步
They turned us down on three issues.
他们在三个问题上拒绝了我们
But on the perjury,
但是关于伪证
-we get a full hearing. -And this is good?
-我们得到了一次专门听证会
-这就是好事?
Well, we were hoping they'd order a new trial outright.
我们是希望他们会安排重审
We didn't get that, but with a hearing,
我们没能如愿,但如果在听证会上
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表