剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
Nearly all of your cases are homicides, Helen.
你的案子几乎都是谋杀案,Helen
You're pushing harder on this one.
你对这个案子这么卖♥♥力
Why?
为什么?
You know what went through my mind that night
当那个小男孩被从车里拖出来,
as they were pulling that little boy from the car
而他死去的妈妈躺在街上,
and his mother was laying dead on the street?
你知道那天晚上我脑子里想的是什么吗?
I thought of you and I thought of Lindsay,
我想到了你和Lindsay
and I tried to imagine your child
我试着想象如果你们被杀了,你们的孩子不得不。。。
having to...
我试着想象如果你们被杀了,你们的孩子不得不。。。
if you were killed.
我试着想象如果你们被杀了,你们的孩子不得不。。。
And I couldn't even imagine it, Ellenor.
Ellenor,我简直都不敢想象。
I also made a promise to that husband,
我也向那个丈夫和父亲做出了承诺,
the father.
我也向那个丈夫和父亲做出了承诺,
To answer your question,
回答你的问题吧
yeah...I'm behind it.
是的。。。是我指使的。
This is blatant forum shopping, your honor.
这是公然的挑选法♥院♥,法官大人
They lost in state court, so now they try federal.
他们在州法♥院♥失败了,所以他们就去联邦法♥院♥试试
We're certainly not bound by state court.
我们肯定不会被州法♥院♥约束。
You're bound by fairness.
你们是被公正约束的
Well, I don't see the problem, Mr. Young.
好了,Young先生,我没看出来有什么问题
Your client is charged with a federal crime,
你的当事人因一起联邦罪名被指控
and that charge should be heard in a federal court.
所以这个指控应当是由一个联邦法♥院♥受理
Well, as you can see,
但如您所见,
the state court threw out the confession
州法♥院♥因检察官欺骗了被告律师,
because it was obtained
所以排除了被告的供述
after the local D.A. lied to counsel.
所以排除了被告的供述
Yes, Judge Kittleson made the determination
没错,Kittleson法官根据马萨诸塞州法
做出了欺骗律师是不被允许的决定
that lying to counsel was impermissible
没错,Kittleson法官根据马萨诸塞州法
做出了欺骗律师是不被允许的决定
under Massachusetts law,
没错,Kittleson法官根据马萨诸塞州法
做出了欺骗律师是不被允许的决定
but again, we're in federal court now,
但我再说一遍,现在我们是在联邦法♥院♥。
and what the district attorney did
根据联邦法,地区检察官的行为是被允许的。
is permissible under federal law.
根据联邦法,地区检察官的行为是被允许的。
Look, my client was coerced into confessing,
可是,我的当事人是被强迫认罪的,
not by the federal government --
不是由联邦政♥府♥。。。
by a state prosecutor acting under state authority.
而是由州检察官在州当局的权力屁护下实施的。
Now you're saying something completely different.
那你现在是在谈另一个完全不同的问题了
Are you suggesting
你是在主张这份供述不是自愿的吗?
the confession wasn't voluntary?
你是在主张这份供述不是自愿的吗?
Yes. In addition to Helen Gamble lying to me,
没错,Helen Gamble不只是欺骗了我。
she coerced the defendant
她还用死刑的威胁去胁迫被告。
with the threat of a death sentence.
她还用死刑的威胁去胁迫被告。
Well, if you want to move to suppress on that,
那好吧,如果你打算提起动议去排除那份供述。
I'll hear you,
我会听取你的陈述,
but her lying to you -- She can do it.
但说到她对你的欺骗。。。她可以那么做。
What do you want to do?
你们打算怎么做?
We're moving to suppress on grounds
我们基于这份供述是州政♥府♥的胁迫导致的,而提出排除动议。
that the confession was a result
我们基于这份供述是州政♥府♥的胁迫导致的,而提出排除动议。
of government coercion.
我们基于这份供述是州政♥府♥的胁迫导致的,而提出排除动议。
11:00. Have your witnesses ready.
十一点进行听证,让你的证人准备好吧。
Well, hold on one second.
请等一下。
Our client is stupid.
我们的当事人有点傻。
And why should that concern me?
那关我什么事?
Well, I'd ask, your honor,
呃,法官大人,我请求
that whatever he says in this suppression hearing,
不管他在听证会上说了什么,都不能在庭审时用来对付他。
it can't be used against him in trial.
不管他在听证会上说了什么,都不能在庭审时用来对付他。
What?
什么?
We would never let this idiot take the stand,
我们永远不会让这白♥痴♥出庭作证,一百万年都不会的
not in a million years,
我们永远不会让这白♥痴♥出庭作证,一百万年都不会的
but he's the only one who can testify
但他是唯一可以就审讯室里发生的情况作证的人
as to what happened in that interrogation room.
但他是唯一可以就审讯室里发生的情况作证的人
So, what do you want me to do?
那么,你想让我做什么?
I want you to give him testimonial immunity.
我希望您给他作证豁免权
You can't be serious.
你开玩笑吧。
Mr. Young, they can't use his testimony
Young先生,他们不能将他的证词作为起诉证据的一部分
as part of its case-in-chief,
Young先生,他们不能将他的证词作为起诉证据的一部分
but to impeach --
但用于质疑证人。。。
I'm not talking about impeachment.
我不是在说用于质疑目的。
I'm talking about new evidence
我是在说我的当事人可能会蠢到透露给他们新的证据。。。
that my client might be stupid enough to give them --
我是在说我的当事人可能会蠢到透露给他们新的证据。。。
New information that the government doesn't have yet,
一些当局还不曾掌握的新的信息,
and if he does, I need an order.
如果他透露了,我需要你下一个命令。
Anything they learn from my client
任何从我客户嘴里得到的信息不能用于对其不利。
can't be used against him.
任何从我客户嘴里得到的信息不能用于对其不利。
That has never been granted for new evidence.
针对新证据从未有过这样的命令
Otherwise, the government gets a potential windfall
否则的话,当局就会有可能从一个被胁迫的供述中获得意外收获
from a coerced confession.
否则的话,当局就会有可能从一个被胁迫的供述中获得意外收获
He has a point.
他说的有点道理
No, first of all, it wasn't coercion.
没道理,首先,没有什么胁迫
We won't know that till we have a hearing,
我们等到听证会就会弄清楚这一点,
and the hearing would be
而且这个听证会是Eddie Larson对事件的描述。
Eddie Larson's version of events.
而且这个听证会是Eddie Larson对事件的描述。
And there's no way I can put him on the stand
如果他所说的在庭审时会用于对其不利,
那我就不能让他在听证会上作证
if we what he says can be used against him in trial.
如果他所说的在庭审时会用于对其不利,
那我就不能让他在听证会上作证
I need immunity.
我需要豁免令。
I oppose.
我反对。
I'm granting the defendant's request.
我准许被告方的请求
On what authority? You're granting him
你凭什么呀?你是因为他傻就对他特别爱护吗?
special protection on grounds of stupidity?
你凭什么呀?你是因为他傻就对他特别爱护吗?
When an ingenious district attorney
当一个精明的地区检察官坑害傻子时,
preys on that stupidity, yes.
没错,就是因为这个
He gets use immunity
豁免权只对他在听证会上的证词有效
for his testimony at this hearing only.
豁免权只对他在听证会上的证词有效
Now, let's all get real for a second.
现在,让我们花点时间说点实际的。
If the confession gets tossed,
如果那份供述被推♥翻♥,
the man goes free.
这人就自♥由♥了
If it survives,
如果可以留存,他就肯定要面临被判终身监禁。
he's looking at a sure conviction
如果可以留存,他就肯定要面临被判终身监禁。
with a life sentence.
如果可以留存,他就肯定要面临被判终身监禁。
There's got to be a meeting place, gentlemen.
先生们,得找个地方谈谈,
Let him plead to the charge,
让他针对这个指控达成控辩交易,服刑十年了事。
cap a sentence at 10 years,
让他针对这个指控达成控辩交易,服刑十年了事。
then we can all sleep.
那样我们也就不用费神了
We'll take that to our client.
我们会把这个提议通知当事人的
No.
不行。
You're sure, Mr. Sanders?
你确定吗,Sanders?
I'm sure.
确定
See you all in one hour.
一小时后见。
First, she told me they had witnesses,
首先,她告诉我他们有证人,
which turned out to be a lie.
结果那是个谎言。
Then she tells me
然后她跟我说马萨诸塞州将要通过法案采用死刑
Massachusetts is about to pass the death penalty.
然后她跟我说马萨诸塞州将要通过法案采用死刑
-Did you believe her? -Yes, I did.
-你相信她了吗?
-是的,我相信了
She said they were passing it everywhere
她说每个州都会通过法案的,
and that Massachusetts was about three weeks away,
马萨诸塞州大约三个星期就会通过法案。
and I would be executed.
而我会被处决的。
Carjack, dead mother, city councilman --
劫车,母亲致死,丈夫是市议员。。。
That was also a lie.
那也是个谎言。
The husband isn't really a city councilman.
那个丈夫真的不是市议员。
Let's just stick to what Ms. Gamble told you.
让我们还是接着谈Gamble跟你说了什么吧
She looked me right in the eyes and said,
她直盯着我的眼睛说,
"You are going to die."
“你会死的”
What else?
还有别的吗?
She said she could help me.
她说只要我坦白她就可以帮我。
If I confessed,
她说只要我坦白她就可以帮我。
she could keep me from dying,
我会让我免于一死
that she'd do a favor for you
还说她这样做是为了帮你的忙
'cause you're friends with my sister.
因为你是我姐姐的朋友。
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表