剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
Previously on "The Practice"...
We find the defendant Scott Wallace guilty.
(前集回顾部分未进行翻译)
You got to get me out.
-Scott-- -Get me out!
You got a problem. The man is on the verge of a psychotic breakdown.
He needs to be transferred to a mental facility right now.
We were hoping they'd order a new trial outright.
We didn't get that, but with a hearing,
if the judge determines that the brother did commit perjury,
then we get a new trial.
Mr. Barrett, you had a meeting with Richard Bay
and Helen Gamble, did you not?
On the advice of counsel,
I'm exercising my fifth amendment right
not to answer your question.
I have been ordered to conduct a full hearing
into this perjury business.
That hearing has been thwarted by the primary witness
exercising his fifth amendment right.
The conviction of Scott Wallace is hereby set aside.
It is the order of this court that he be granted a new trial.
"What to Expect When You're Expecting."
Somebody here's pregos.
Lindsay, we might as well tell them.
-Did you order that book? -Me? No.
That little witch tricked us.
Either that, or somebody else is pregnant.
How did that book get here?
那本书怎么来的?
I ordered it. I want to keep it a secret
我订购的,我想藏住这个秘密
until I'm sure everything's fine.
等到我确认不会有什么问题的时候
Who's the father?
孩子的父亲是谁?
I'm going to be a single parent.
我打算做一个单身母亲
It starts today?
今天就开始?
It's a simple trial-- One prosecution witness--
一个简单的案子。。。只有一个控方证人。。。
You can't put me on a case and expect that I'm going--
你不能就这样扔给我一个案子,还希望我。。。
Actually, I can, Eugene-- Perks of the robe.
实际上,我可以,Eugene,穿法官长袍就可以这么任性
Now, he fired his last lawyer
他刚解雇了他的最后一个律师
just like the two before that,
之前还有两个
and I have an obligation to make sure
而我有义务要确保
he gets a fair trial with adequate representation.
他在拥有称职的代理律师的情况下得到公平的审判
Well, if you're so concerned with fairness,
好吧,如果您这么在乎公平
how about giving me time to fully prepare?
那就给我充分准备的时间如何?
Well, I'm not that concerned. Let me be frank.
我倒没有那么在乎,跟你直说吧
The defendant is world-class scum.
这个被告是超级人♥渣♥
I'm sure he's guilty of the crime.
我确信他犯了罪
Well, I'm glad you have an open mind.
是吗,我很高兴您这么开诚布公
Oh, please. A mind is like a wound.
噢,拜托,心如伤口
If it's too open, you get an infection.
过于敞开心扉,会感染的
Now, he is stalling
目前,他通过一个接一个地
by firing one attorney after another.
解雇律师来进行拖延
I am not going to let him get away with it anymore.
我不打算让他再逍遥法外了
Why me?
为什么选中我?
Because you're as good as it gets
因为说到刑法
when it comes to criminal law,
你是最优秀的
and I don't want to give this bastard a shot of appeal
我不希望因律师辩护不足
on inadequacy of counsel.
而给这混♥蛋♥一个上诉的理由
So you will do it.
所以,就是你了
Helen Gamble will be the D. A.
Helen Gamble作为控方
We all know how jolly she can be.
我们都知道她会有多兴奋
See you in there.
庭上见
Go meet your lovely wife-murdering client.
去会会你那位可爱的杀妻犯当事人吧
I didn't do it. The cop just wanted to get his picture in the paper
不是我♥干♥的,警♥察♥只是想让他们的照片登报
and credit for a big collar. I wasn't even there that night.
和获得勋章,我当晚甚至都不在现场
You live there.
可你住在那里呀
But I wasn't there that night.
但我当晚不在那里
Look, did her and I have a fight? Yeah.
听着,她和我吵架了?是的
Did I shoot her? No.
我朝她开枪?没有
They got one lousy witness, man.
他们有一个很糟糕的证人。伙计
Eyewitness evidence is easy to shake, Mr. Young.
目击证人的证词是很容易被驳倒的,Young先生
It was dark. I was moving fast.
天色很黑,我跑得很快
No way he got a good clear look.
他不可能看得很清楚
So, if called to testify,
那么,如果传唤你出庭作证
you'll say you were moving fast.
你会说你那时跑得很快
I'm talking allegedly by his account, man.
我在谈的是据他所说的,伙计
I wasn't there.
我根本不在那里
Right.
对
When I left in the afternoon,
当我下午离开的时候
she was still alive.
她还活得好好的
The cop is lying.
警♥察♥在撒谎
All right, look,
好了,听着
I'm not saying the D. A. Will go for a plea,
我并不是说检察官会打算提供一份认罪协议
but if I can--
但如果我能。。。
No. I want you to beat it.
不,我想让你搞定它
One eyewitness at nighttime, man--
一个在夜晚的目击证人,伙计。。。
You got to be able to make reasonable doubt on that.
你肯定可以使之具有合理怀疑
Six months on each count?
每项罪名服刑六个月?
No. Total.
不,是一共
What?
什么?
This is a liberal judge,
这是一个自♥由♥派法官
and he can go easy on sentencing, but--
他能在量刑时手下留情,但是。。。
And this is important--
这点很重要
He's probably going to tell you a story
他可能会跟你讲个
about Ray Charles.
关于Ray Charles的故事
What you mean about Ray Charles?
你说Ray Charles是什么意思?
He lectures defendants.
他会向被告说教
His favorite is the Ray Charles story.
他最喜欢的是Ray Charles的故事
It's corny, but you have to take it seriously.
很过时的故事,但是你必须严肃对待
I had a defendant snicker once,
我有一个当事人窃笑了一次
and this guy doubled the sentence.
结果量刑加了一倍
I want you to think sad thoughts
我要你想一些悲伤的事
and just get through it and show remorse.
只是要听完那个故事,并显出自责
Okay.
行
You take responsibility for the crime.
你要对你的罪行负责
Don't be saying you never had the drugs.
不要说你从来没有吸毒
Got it.
明白了
And whatever you do,
不管你做什么
don't laugh.
千万别笑
I'm looking at prison time, Mr. Berluti.
我眼看就要坐牢了,Berluti
Ain't gonna be no laughing.
我笑不出来的
HELEN: She was unconscious.
她失去了知觉
You were afraid of how it might look.
你担心被看出这是怎么回事
You put her in the car
于是你把她放进车里
to make it look like a suicide.
使她看起来像是自杀
That's what happened, isn't it?
这就是实情,不是吗?
This is the part that kills us.
这是最要命的
That's the bomb.
这就是颗炸♥弹♥
This tape got admitted for impeachment
这盘录像带被允许用于反驳
which prevented Scott from testifying.
遏制了Scott去出庭作证
You mean it made you keep him from testifying.
你的意思是这使你阻止他出庭作证
Right. I don't want to be in that position again.
对,我不希望再陷入到那种困境中
If the judge let it in once,
如果法官再考量一次
what makes you think he's going to change his mind now?
你凭什么认为他会改变主意?
Judge Wolf isn't the judge for the new trial.
Wolf法官不是重审的主审法官
We drew Judge Hiller.
我们抽到了Hiller法官
I was responding to a report on a possible shooting.
我接到疑似枪击的报案后就出警了
When I arrived at the house, I saw the defendant
当我到达那所房♥子时,我看见被告
leaving the side door of the house, running.
从房♥子的侧门跑掉了
-This man? -Yes.
-这个人吗?
-是的
What did you do next, Officer?
接下来你做了什么?警官
I entered the premises and discovered the victim--
我进入房♥子并发现受害人。。。
An African-American female approximately 30 years of age
一个大约30岁左右的非裔女性美国人
with what apparently
看上去是
was a single gunshot wound to the head.
头部中了一枪
-She was dead. -Yes, ma'am.
-她死了?
-是的,女士
When did you next see the defendant, Officer?
你什么时候再次看见被告的?警官
Two days later. I identified him in a police lineup
两天后,我在列队指认中认出了他
as being the man I saw fleeing the house.
就是我看到的那个逃离房♥子的人
Thank you.
谢谢你
To your knowledge, sir,
据你所知,先生
were any fingerprints found on the gun?
枪上有指纹吗?
The gun was never retrieved.
一直没有找到枪
Was any gunshot residue found on my client's hands?
我的当事人手上有没有发现枪击残留物?
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表