剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
but you did bring a gun to the meeting. Why?
但你为什么要带一把枪去参加会谈?
Did you go there to kill him, Scott?
Scott,你是打算去杀了他吗?
No, no, I...
不,不是,我。。。
I planned to kill myself in front of him.
我本来是想当他们面自杀的
No.
不
I figured my own blood on his hands...
我想让他为我的死而负责。。。
and then suddenly...
但突然间。。。
better his blood on mine.
不如让他因我而死
And when you turned to Ellenor and Jimmy
但当你转向Ellenor and Jimmy并说
and you said,
但当你转向Ellenor和Jimmy并说
"Bet you're glad I ran out of bullets"...
“你们一定因我没子弹了而感到庆幸”
Would you have shot them, too, Scott?
Scott,你也会朝他们开枪吗?
Maybe.
没准儿
You used to be a prosecutor, Mitchell.
你以前做过检察官,Mitchell
I just can't believe it.
我就是不敢相信。
Then why am I sitting here?
为什么我会呆在这里?
Because his story's checking out.
因为他的说法♥正♥在得到证实
Look, completely off the record --
听着,完全是私下来谈。。。
Oh, yes, let me trust you.
噢,是呀,想让我信任你。
You can.
你可以的
I think you know you still can.
我认为你明白你是可以信任我的
The man's life was in danger.
那人有生命危险
I had to do what I did.
我不得不那么做
Look, completely off the record --
听着,完全是私下说。。。
not that they're after you anyway --
至少不是他们逼着你这样做的
but off the record...
私下说。。。
why?
你是为什么?
Go away, Helen.
一边儿去吧,Helen
Mitchell, talk to me.
Mitchell,跟我说吧
You have no right to judge me.
你无权来指责我
That's not why I'm here.
我来这儿不是要指责你
I am trying to understand why would you do this.
我是想试着理解你为什么要做这些
At first it was just supposed to be some arraignments --
一开始以为就是做些诸如传讯。。。
make your appearance, argue for bail.
公♥关♥形象,争取个保释之类的工作
Over time...
时间一长。。。
it's a lot of money.
很有油水。
I started taking trials --
我开始接案子。。。
cash up front...
不管输赢,酬金是预付的。。。
win or lose.
不管输赢,酬金是预付的。。。
And you started throwing cases.
所以你就故意输掉案子
Never. Never.
没有,绝对没有
I always do the best I can for my client.
我对我的当事人一直是尽心尽力的
Sometimes I even win.
有时候我甚至还能打赢
There's only one rule -- nobody talks.
只有一个规矩。。。
No matter what the state offers,
不管州检提出什么条件,谁也不能认罪
nobody talks.
谁也不能
But, Mitchell,
但是,Mitchell
sometimes that amounts to tanking cases.
那也意味着也可以偶尔买♥♥个破绽
Just give us names.
把名字告诉我们就行
I'm not going to reveal who my client is, Helen.
我不会透露我的客户的身份,Helen
Too ethical?
太过于讲道义了吧?
You can go.
你走吧
I'm not talking.
我不会说的
I was just trying to save the guy.
我只是想救那个家伙
You really think you saved him?
你真以为你救了他?
Witness protection? It doesn't matter.
证人保护计划?那没用
These people will find him.
那些人会找到他的
You haven't saved anybody.
你谁也没救成
Guard.
警卫
Chopper?
Chopper呢?
Chopper, where are you?
Chopper,你在哪儿?
Chopper.
Chopper
Come here, boy.
过来,宝贝
(whistles)
Chopper.
Chopper
Aah!
啊!
I'd like to dust the whole place.
我想对这里彻底进行指纹提取
Why aren't you picking him up?
你为什么把他抓起来?
Lindsay, we don't even know for sure --
Lindsay,我们完全不能确定。。。
We know, Michael. We know who did this.
你知道的,Michael,你明白是他干的
All right, Lindsay, hold on.
好了, Lindsay,打住吧
You hold on. You don't have a psycho after you.
你才打住吧,你倒是没有个神经病跟着你
Why can't you bring him in for questioning?
为什么你不能把他抓起来盘问?
We can do that.
我们不能那样做
Then let's.
还是做吧
Are you okay?
你还好吗?
No.
不。
I just came from court.
我刚从法庭过来
I told the judge I had no good-faith basis
我跟法官讲,将你以藐视法庭为由强行扣押
to believe holding you in contempt would result
并籍此以为可以让你供出有关姓名的做法
in your revealing the names.
有违公允原则基础
You're free to go.
你可以走了
Helen, I won't begin to defend
Helen,我根本不该做辩解,
working for the people I...
我为那些人工作。。。
or doing...
或者我做了些。。。
but this shadow counsel thing,
但影子律师这事,
going behind a defense attorney's back,
在辩护律师背后搞小动作
it's equally unethical,
这也是不道德的
maybe more so.
也许更甚
No, it isn't, Mitchell.
不,不是的,Mitchell
I'm sorry you can't see that.
我很遗憾你看不明白这一点
It's prior bad acts. It's inadmissible.
过往的劣行,是不应被接受的
That's a defense argument.
这是辩护理由
It's also totally irrelevant who else he may have killed.
他杀过其他什么人,与本案完全没有关联
It goes directly to our insanity defense.
这和我们按精神错乱的辩护理由直接相关
It is not irrelevant.
不是没有关联的
It's always a different angle.
看问题角度总是不同
I'd like to be able to finish my argument.
我想能够达成我的辩护论据
Bobby, how can you even stand here today
Bobby,你怎么能如此问心无愧地站在这里呢?
in good conscience?
Bobby,你怎么能如此问心无愧地站在这里呢?
Why don't you turn around and face the Duvall family?
你为什么不转过身取面对Duvall的家人?
Because of your brilliant legal maneuvering,
就因为你出色的法律技巧
Scott Wallace got to go back on the street.
Scott Wallace就得获得自♥由♥。
Because you were able to spin reasonable doubt,
因为你能臆造出合理怀疑
an innocent man was shot down!
一个无辜的人就被枪杀了!
I object to that!
我反对!
Mr. Bay!
Bay先生!
It has to be said.
这一点必须要说。
You killed him, not me!
是你杀了他,而不是我!
You arrested the wrong man.
你错抓了人
Counsel!
律师!
I want to respond to that.
我要对此有所回应
You drove him crazy!
你把他逼疯了!
He lost his wife, you accused him.
他失去了妻子,你却指控他
You took away his life, his sanity.
你夺走了他的生活和理智。
Mr. Duvall is dead
马萨诸塞州政♥府♥导致了Duvall先生的死亡!
because of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts!
马萨诸塞州政♥府♥导致了Duvall先生的死亡!
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts!
是马萨诸塞州政♥府♥!
Don't be blaming me.
别怪到我头上。
You killed him.
是你害死了他
Bobby.
They killed him.
他们害死了他。
They did it.
是他们干的。
I'm allowing evidence of the first crime
我允许引入最初审判时的犯罪证据
to be introduced,
我允许引入最初审判时的犯罪证据
however, Mr. Donnell, I advised you once
然而,Donnell先生,我曾经建议过你
to get off this case because of the inherent conflicts.
因内在的利益冲突而退出本案。
I reissue that advisement for emotional reasons as well.
加之你的情绪问题,我再次提出这个建议。
You can do what you want to do,
你可以做你想做的事
but I hope you know what you're doing.
但我希望你知道你在干什么
We're adjourned.
休庭
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表