剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
通常称为CCA
commonly known as CCA.
这是一种杀菌剂和杀虫剂
It's a fungicide. It's an insecticide.
它也是一种致癌物
It's also a carcinogen.
随着时间的推移,它能发生降解作用
Over time, it can break down.
孩子们接触它
The kids touch it,
他们会把手放进自己的嘴里
they put their hands in their mouths,
因此就摄入了体内
and they ingest it.
这些孩患上的神经疾病
The neuropathy these children suffered
和通常由接触CCA
is consistent with the injuries
而引起的伤情相符
typically caused by exposure to CCA.
医生,你不能证明这些游乐设施
You can't prove that this play equipment
导致了这些问题,对吗?
caused these problems, can you, doctor?
我能否证明?不能
Can I prove it? No.
医生,实际上
In fact, doctor,
你甚至不能从医学角度
you can't even prove to a medical certainty
确定接触CCA就一定会导致神经损伤
that exposure to CCA even causes
对吗?
neurological damage of any kind, can you?
There is certainly enough anecdotal evidence
确实有足够的传闻证据
to strongly suggest that it does.
强烈支持这个观点
Can you prove it, doctor?
医生,你能证实这一点吗?
One of the reasons
这个观点没有得到科学证实
it hasn't been scientifically proven
的原因之一是
is that we haven't done enough testing to --
我们还没有做足够的测试以。。。
You cannot prove it,
你还是不能证实这个观点
can you, doctor?
医生,对吗?
No. 对
Ms. Gamble?
Gamble女士?
Mr. Barrett, thank you for coming by.
Barrett先生,谢谢你能来
What's going on?
发生了什么事?
Well, nothing to worry about,
呃,没出什么问题
but, uh, you know,
但是,呃,你知道的
I'm anticipating the defense to appeal.
我预感到被告方会上诉
I think I told you this.
我想我应该告诉你
And?
那么?
My feeling is
我的感觉是
one of the grounds they'll be raising
他们上诉的理由之一
is the veracity of your testimony.
是关于你证词的真实性
I thought I could best head that off at the pass
我想我最好能通过提供对你的测谎结果
by offering polygraph results.
来封♥杀♥他们这条理由
You could take the test in my office.
你可以在我的办公室做这个测试
It won't take more than an hour.
大概花一个多小时吧
I thought they weren't ever admissible.
我觉得这种测谎结果是不会被采纳的
For suspects. For witnesses,
那是对嫌犯而言,但对于证人
they can actually carry some weight.
实际上是具有说服力的
I don't want to take any polygraph.
我不想做这个测谎
It would be a big help to me if you did.
你如果能做,那对我是有很大帮助的
I'm sorry, I don't want to do that.
对不起,我不想做
Why is that, Mr. Barrett?
为什么?Barrett先生
Did you not tell the truth?
你说的不是事实吗?
I'm going to need that polygraph.
我需要测谎的结果
Otherwise, I might be compelled
否则,我也许会不得不
to go to the judge and ask for a new trial.
找法官要求重审
I don't know what's going on, Ms. Gamble,
Gamble女士,我不知道出了什么事
but I'm not taking a lie detector.
但我不接受测谎
You could be facing perjury, Mr. Barrett.
Barrett先生,你可能会面临伪证指控
I think you should have your lawyer
我想你或许该请你的律师
pay me a visit...today.
来找我一趟。。。就在今天
All these names came out of your wife's rolodex.
所有这些名字都取自你妻子的名片夹
I need you to go through it and tell us who they are.
我要你你仔细检查一下,告诉我们他们是谁
What are you looking for?
你想找出什么呀?
The desperation of it will probably depress you.
绝望感会使你失去信心
Tell me.
说吧
Well, is there any possibility
呃,是不是有可能
that it wasn't suicide,
她不是自杀的
that somebody else killed her?
而是别的某个人杀了她?
What?
什么?
I know it's out there, but, well,
我知道这有点出格,但是。。。
she was leaving you.
她要离开你
Suppose she was seeing somebody else.
假设她喜欢上了什么人
Suppose after you two fought,
假设你俩争吵之后
she called him and he came over to get her.
她叫他来过来接她
And killed her?
但却杀了她?
I haven't exactly thought it through, I'm just --
我没有完全想通,我只是。。。
I'm just groping for something.
我只是在探寻
Well, you're right. This depresses me.
好吧,你说对了,我挺沮丧的
Just go through the list.
还是马上查一下这些名单
I want to know who everybody is.
我要知道这上面所有人都是谁
What about the appeal?
上诉的事怎么样?
We're putting it together.
我们正在提交
Listen, Scott, um...
听着,Scott,呃。。。
you have one other ground we need to talk about.
我们要谈一下你上诉的另一个理由
It could cost me my bar card.
这可能会让我付出代价
What are you talking about?
你在说什么?
You were denied your right to testify by me.
我阻止了你出庭作证
You were adamant about getting up there,
你非常坚定地要去作证
and I just cut you off and rested the defense.
但我阻止了你并结束了辩方举证
I think it's an issue.
我认为这是个问题
Well, you did it
呃,你是那样做了
because you believed it was the best strategy.
因为你相信那是最好的策略
But in the end it has to be your decision,
但最终还是要由你来决定
and I totally usurped it.
我完全剥夺了你的选择权
You might want to think about hiring a new lawyer
你也许应该因此考虑换个律师
and making that
并使之成为
one of the grounds for appeal.
上诉的理由之一
What, can't you argue it?
什么,你不能以此提出辩诉吗?
It's a little strange for me
用我自己的失职行为
to argue my own infraction.
来作为上诉理由有些牵强
(sighs) Bobby...
哎,Bobby。。。
the situation that I'm in,
以我现在的处境
it's not likely I'm going to get out of here.
看来我不大像可以出去了
I know the odds.
我知道这概率很小
Now, if I am to have any chance
现在,如果有机会的话
I need a lawyer who feels
我需要能有一个
he's in the hole here with me,
和我生死与共的律师
and you're it.
而你就是
Now, doctor, can you get the arsenic on your skin
医生,现在,你认为通过触碰游乐设备
by touching the playground equipment?
能使皮肤沾上砷毒素吗?
When the coating breaks down, absolutely.
当涂层破损的时候绝对可以
It can even be inhaled,
甚至能被吸入
especially when the wood is wet.
尤其是当木头是潮湿的时候
Have any studies ever proved this?
有什么研究可以证明这一点?
Yes, and the EPA evaluated studies in 1978
有,环保署在1978做的评估研究
and further studies in 1981 and 1987.
加之在1981年和1987年的进一步研究
All right, doctor
那么,医生
is this wood a real risk in your medical opinion?
以你的医学观点看,这种木材是真的危险吗?
Everybody defines risk for themselves,
每个人都有自己对危险的定义
but let me put it this way --
但是,让我这么说吧。。。
these things are cancer death traps
这东西就是种致癌死亡陷阱
and they're in backyards all over the country.
而且遍布在全国各地的住♥宅♥后院里
Those EPA tests about inhaling and ingesting
那些环保署进行的有关
the arsenic off wood --
木头上的砷毒素被吸入和吸收的测试研究。。。
those studies were on unsealed wood,
是用的没有密封的木材
weren't they, doctor?
不是吗,医生?
I believe so.
是那样的
The wood on this playground equipment was coated.
而游乐设施的木材是有涂层的
In time, the coating breaks down
时间长了,涂层会发生破损
and seepage from arsenic increases.
而且砷毒素的渗漏会增加
What about the wood we use to build our houses?
那我们用于建筑房♥屋的木材呢?
That's all treated
那些都是
with a termite pesticide, isn't it?
用杀虫剂处理过的,不是吗?
Yes. 是的
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表