剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
然后呢
And I just wanted to run out again.
我还是想再次跑出来
I mean, the only reason I didn't was because
我是说,我没有再跑出来的原因就是
the victim grabbed my hand before I could.
受害者在我跑出来之前,抓住我的手
Lucy, this was your very first call.
Lucy,这是你的第一次
I think you can allow yourself...
我觉得你可以原谅你自己。。。
I'm just not cut out for it, Rebecca.
我i就是不适合做这个,Rebecca
I bet you are.
我赌你行
You know, I really don't have any questions.
你知道,我真的没有什么问题
As I understand your testimony,
按我对你的证词的理解
you were afraid of this Mr. Hinks.
你害怕这个Hinks先生
You called in a client you once got acquitted for a double homicide.
你找来一个你使其从一桩双重谋杀案里脱罪的客户
After your meeting, Mr. Neel went to visit Mr. Hinks,
在你们会面之后,Neel先生去拜访了Hinks先生
and Mr. Hinks ended up with his head in a freezer.
Hinks的结局就是自己脑袋被塞进了冰箱
I never sent Alan Neel to kill him.
我从没有派Alan Neel去杀他
He just got that idea all by himself?
他完全是自己想出那样的主意的?
I don't know.
我不知道
He either did, or maybe there was a scuffle,
或者是他要那样做,或者是发生了扭打
I don't know.
我不知道
I do know I never sent him there to kill him.
我知道的就是我从来没有派他去杀他
So all you did was send a known killer with instructions
那么,你做的就是把一个知名的杀手
to be sure not to kill this time.
带着这次绝对不能杀人的指令派过去
Yes.
是的
When you were first called to the scene of William Hinks' house a month ago
当你一个月前,第一次被叫去William Hinks住所的现场时
and you saw his headless body,
你看到了他的无头尸
did you know who had killed him?
你知道是谁杀了他吗?
Yes.
是的
Did you tell your friend Detective McGuire?
你告诉了你的警探朋友McGuire了吗?
No.
没有
Why not? There was certainly no privilege here.
为什么不?那不存在豁免特权
Why didn't you tell the police who had killed William Hinks?
你为什么不告诉警方谁杀了William Hinks?
I was in shock. I wasn't thinking well.
我过于震惊,我脑子有些乱
So you were content to let this killer stay at large,
所以你满足于让这个杀手继续逍遥法外
this killer who murders people without being asked?
这个没人雇佣就去杀人的凶手?
Objection.
反对
Wasn't your real fear incriminating yourself?
你真正害怕的不是被牵连进去被认为有罪吗?
Mr. Donnell, when you declined to tell the police who had killed William Hinks,
Donnell先生,当你拒绝告诉警♥察♥谁杀了 William Hinks时
was it because you didn't want to incriminate yourself?
是因为你不想被牵连进去而被认为有罪吗?
Partly, maybe.
也许,部分原因是。
Prior to the discovery of William Hinks' decapitated body,
再发现 William Hinks的无头尸之前
had you told anybody you'd sent Mr. Neel to visit him?
你告诉过谁你派Neel去拜访过他吗?
No.
没有
None of your colleagues?
你的同事也没有吗?
No.
没有
Not even your wife?
甚至没告诉你的太太?
No.
没有
Mr. Donnell, your wife is terrified.
Donnell先生,你的太太处于恐惧之中
She's being stalked by this serial killer.
她被这个连环杀手跟踪
You didn't think to tell her you'd sent somebody to threaten him?
你没有想过告诉她你已经派人去威胁他了吗?
You didn't try to give her some peace of mind, Mr. Donnell?
你没有试图使她情绪上平和一些吗,Donnell先生?
She was on the verge of miscarrying.
她快要流产了
I didn't want her any further involved.
我不想让她再牵扯进去了
That's exactly the case, isn't it?
但事实不就是这样吗?
You didn't want her any further involved.
你不希望她再牵涉进来
You were afraid that by telling her the truth
你害怕告诉她
about what you'd sent Alan Neel to do,
有关你指使Alan Neel的事实
you might incriminate her, too.
你也许会也让她因此被认为有罪
Isn't that right?
不对吗?
I only sent him there to threaten him.
我只是派他去那里威胁他
Yes.
是啊
His ending up dead,
他最后死了
just a big mix-up.
真是一个大失算
What happened?
怎么样?
It went okay.
还可以
Bobby did pretty good on direct.
Bobby在直接询问环节做的不错
He was crossed all right, but he held up.
在交叉质询环节也可以,但检察官停下了
It did not go okay, Eugene.
很不好,Eugene.
It was...
还可以
they just put in their case uncontested
他们正在坐实这个案子
while you just sat on your hands and
可你却无动于衷
both of you.
你们俩都是如此
If nothing else, you should have at least objected...
如果不知道干什么,至少喊一声反对。。。
There was nothing to...
没有什么可以去反对。。。
You do it to break up their momentum, Ellenor.
你要那样做去遏止他的势头,Ellenor
You don't just sit around and wait for something objectionable before...
你不能只是坐在那儿等事情变糟
it was like you both went to sleep.
你们俩好像是睡着了
I don't want to behaving this baby alone.
我不想独自抚养这个婴儿
I want him in the room with me, Eugene.
我想他能和我一起,Eugene
I thought they were terrible.
我觉得他们会坏事
There was nothing they could do, Lindsay.
他们什么也做不了了,Lindsay
Toomey had an easy cross because he had the facts.
因为基于事实,Toomey很容易做交叉质询
The truth hurts me.
事实使我被动
Let's face it,
正视这个问题吧
the line between my innocence and guilt here is a thin one...
有罪和无罪之间界线很细微。。。
And I probably crossed it.
我也许是越线了
I would have so loved to have extended that look of pain in their faces,
我真希望她们脸上那种痛苦的表情能延续下去
that look of horror.
恐怖的表情
It's a thing of beauty...
真是一件完美的事情。。。
the look on the face of a woman who knows she's about to die.
一个知道自己要死了的女人的表情
You think you'll kill again?
你想你会再杀人吗?
Oh, yes. I'll get out of this, you just watch.
噢,是的,我会出去的,你们看好了
And I'll know the joy of that look again.
我会再一次体会看到那种表情的喜悦
That's what we were dealing with
这就是我们要解决的
a psychotic man who cut the heads off women,
一个砍掉女人头颅的精神病
who pulled out their fingernails and kept them as souvenirs,
他拔出她们的指甲,留作纪念
and the police couldn't stop him.
警方未能阻止他
Even after they caught him,
甚至抓到他之后也无法阻止他
he was smart enough to convince his therapist
他精明到能骗过他的治疗师
that he was a sick serial-killer wannabe.
相信他是一个病态的系列杀手崇拜者
She testified to that at his trial,
她在庭审上对此作证
the jury bought it, he got off,
陪审团相信了,他脱罪了
then he killed his therapist.
随后他杀掉了他的治疗师
And then he turned his attention to his lawyer, Lindsay Dole.
然后他把注意力转向他的律师Lindsay Dole
Still the police couldn't stop him.
警方还是无法阻止他
He'd show up at her office, where she buys coffee.
他出现在她的办公室中,出现在她买♥♥咖啡时
He picked her up in a cab.
他开俩出租车去接她
He gave her a dog, then he strangled the dog.
他送了她一只狗,然后把狗勒死了
They got a restraining order, but it didn't stop him.
对他下了限制令,但还是不能阻止他
See, he wasn't threatened by the courts.
看吧,他不怕法庭的威胁
He could fool a jury.
他可以愚弄陪审团
He wasn't scared of the police.
他不怕警♥察♥
Why should he be?
他为什么这样?
He killed 10 women, everybody knew it,
他杀了是个女人,大家都知道
and he was still out there.
但他还是逍遥法外
I'll tell you who was scared
我会告诉你谁会害怕
Bobby Donnell.
Bobby Donnell
See, Lindsay Dole, that's his wife,
Lindsay Dole,那是他老婆
pregnant 7 months, their first child.
怀孕七个月,他们第一个孩子
You don't think this man was terrified?
你们不认为这是个恐怖的男人吗?
Would you be?
你们会怎么做?
A man who cuts off heads is after your spouse.
一个砍别人脑袋的男人在追踪你的配偶
The police shake their heads,
警♥察♥摇摇头
"nothing we can do."
无能为力
How would you react?
你会怎么应对?
How he reacted,
他所应对的是
he called an old client
他找了他一个老客户
yes, a goon
没错,一个受雇的暴徒
to put the fear of God in this Hinks
去吓唬Hinks一下
'cause that's all he could think of,
他所能想到这么做的全部原因就是
try scare the guy,
试图吓唬一下这家伙
and that's all Bobby Donnell did, ladies and gentlemen,
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表