剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
Previously on
"The Practice"...
在被审讯的时候
My client was in shock
我的当事人正处于惊骇之中
at the time of this interrogation.
在那之前一个小时
He had just found his wife dead
他刚发现他的太太死了
less than an hour before this.
我将允许采纳这盘录像带作为证据,但仅限于反诘时使用
I'll allow the videotape for impeachment purposes only.
他杀了我的姐姐
He killed my sister.
别现在告诉我说他可能会无罪
Don't tell me now that he's going to walk.
Barrett先生,我们希望能够审讯时的录像带
Mr. Barrett, we had hoped to be able to introduce
能够呈堂
the videotape interrogation.
你做不到吗?
And you can't?
除非我们迫使他出庭作证才行
Not unless we get him on the stand.
这种情况仅当
This will only happen
他的律师觉得要输的时候才会发生
if his lawyers think he's losing.
这意味着,当我们问你
Which means,when we ask you,
“你姐姐有自杀的倾向吗?”
"Did your sister seem suicidal?",
只说“我不这么认为”
a response of "I didn't think so"
还不够
isn't going to do it.
她是被谋杀的
She was murdered if you know it.
她不是自杀,你一定知道的
She did not commit suicide.You absolutely know it.
先生,你姐姐还说了什么吗?
Did your sister say anything else, sir?
她说如果她突然失踪的话
She said that if she turned up missing
我应该去报♥警♥
that I should call the police
因为Scott可能会害她
because Scott probably did something to her.
反对!
Objection!
我知道你跟他说了什么,而且是怎么教他的。。。
I know what you said to him,how you coached him to --
Hey, Helen!
Richard,那家伙作了伪证
The man committed perjury,Richard.
我们都知道的
We both know it.
-我想作证 -我不能让你去
-I want to testify. -I can't let you.
Bobby --
辩方举证完毕,法官大人
The defense rests,your honor.
我们裁定被告Scott Wallace。。。
We find the defendant Scott Wallace...
有罪
guilty.
这种设备是为了让孩子们娱乐的
This thing was built to bring children joy,
但却是有毒的
and it's toxic.
我和Ellenor认为合理的额度
The number Ellenor and I think is reasonable
每个孩子赔160000美元
is 160 per child.
什么也无法补偿他们对我们孩子的伤害
Nothing is good enough for what they did to our kids.
20000美金
$20,000.
才20000美金?
$20,000?
每个人
A piece.
我们给与补偿仅是为了避免
And we're only offering it to avoid the publicity
召开听证会可能会产生的公众舆♥论♥
that this hearing might generate.
我们有
We have children
患有严重学习障碍的孩子
with severe learning disabilities.
即使那些物质有毒
Even if that thing is toxic,
也不是政♥府♥制♥造♥的
the government didn't manufacture it.
我不觉得我们会输掉既决审判
I don't think we'll lose at summary judgment.
至于说环保署明知渗入的问题
To say that the EPA knew of a leaching problem
而且既不改正也不发出警示
and failed either to correct it or to warn about it
是一种失职行为
makes them negligent
实质上是应由陪审团而不是法官
is, in fact, a question a jury should be deciding,
去判定的问题
not a judge.
怎么回事?
What happened?
我们还有戏
We're still alive.
你们的专家证人准备好了吗?
Are your experts ready?
都准备好了
They're all set.
Tilotson博士早上乘飞机过来了
Dr. Tilotson flew in this morning.
他会很棒的
He's going to be great.
他很有权威,也很具说服力
He's very dignified and very persuasive.
对方请了什么专家?
Who have they got?
环保署吗?你们觉得呢?
The EPA?How about everybody.
这个案子他们输不起的
They can't afford to lose this case.
这样的判例会导致一场灾难
The precedent would be a disaster.
She's nervous. 她有些紧张
才不呢
I am not.
好吧,听着,这不同于烟草官司
Okay, look. This is not like tobacco,
那些官司里,陪审团会去想
where the jury's going to go in thinking
被告就是魔鬼
that the defendant is evil.
这个案子中,你不会得到有倾向性的好感
There's no predisposition weighing in your favor here.
实际上
In fact, in this case,
陪审团的恐惧心理会对你产生不利的影响
the jury's fears will work against you.
你指的是?
How do you figure that?
人们并不希望去相信
People don't want to believe
遍布各处的户外设施
that playground equipment all over
正在对他们的孩子造成毒害
is poisoning their children.
他们不想相信
They don't want to believe
政♥府♥部门明知这些
that the government could know about it
却因为政♥治♥因素而置若罔闻
and just look the other way because of politics.
可那正是。。。
Well, that's exactly --
Ellenor,人们不想去相信这些
People don't want to believe it, Ellenor,
而你在这个案子中必须要留神这一点
And you have to be mindful of that as you try this case.
你是在提出一个没人愿意承认的论点
You are arguing something nobody wants to accept.
好吧,Bobby,我们记住了
Okay, Bobby. We get it.
你们的科学方面的证据如何?
How is your science?
是间接的,但是可被接受
It's circumstantial but credible.
不要把注意力过多放在证据上
Don't focus on proof so much.
要反复坐实一个事实
It's hammering the fact
是环保署没有进行足够的测试
that the EPA didn't test this stuff enough.
行,Bobby,这些我们之前就做过了
All right, Bobby, we have done this before.
我们为这个案子准备了八个月
We've been preparing this case for eight months now,
我们知道我们该做什么
and we know what we have to do.
还有别的要嘱咐的吗?
Anything else?
有
Yeah.
赢下来!
Win.
准备好了吗?
You ready?
嗯,挺好的
Yeah, as ready as I'm going to get.
你今天去吗?
Aren't you going in today?
嗯,只是起晚了点
Yeah, just moving slow.
你没事吧,Helen?
You okay, Helen?
没事
Yeah.
我看起来不是挺好的吗?
Don't I look fabulous?
只是看起来有点忧郁的样子
It's just you've been acting a little blue
快一个礼拜了
for about a week now.
是吗?一定是中年危机吧
Really? Must be a mid-life thing.
我许过愿
Promised myself
如果我到了三十岁还没有名利双收,那我。。。
if I wasn't rich and famous by 30, I'd --
我就和有钱的名人上♥床♥
I'd at least be sleeping with someone who was.
Bobby,我已经尽量快了
I'm working as fast as I can, Bobby.
让 Jimmy帮你
Get Jimmy to help you.
他是Jamison案子的第三席律师
He's third-chairing the Jamison trial.
听着,当我们袖手旁观的时候
Look, while we sit on our hands,
Scott Wallace正呆在牢里
Scott Wallace is sitting in jail.
没人在袖手旁观
Nobody is sitting on their hands,
尤其是我
especially me.
我现在去探望他
I'm off to see him now.
Bobby,你打算让他参与
Bobby, you are going to let him in
on everything he has to appeal?
损伤是神经性的
The injuries are neurological,
很可能是由毒素引起的
most likely caused by a toxin.
医生,关于是什么导致了这些神经损伤
Did you form an opinion, doctor,
你得出意见了吗?
as to what caused these neurological injuries?
We couldn't make any findings to a medical certainty,
我不能做出任何医学上的结论
但我确信这些孩子
but it's my belief that these children were exposed
接触到了砷毒素
to arsenic poisoning,
并确定了可能的罪魁祸首
and it was determined the likely culprit
是后院的一个游乐设施
was a play gym in the backyard.
好的,你能告诉我们
Okay, and can you tell us
为什么你归责于游乐设施
why you fault the play gym?
使用的木材是
The wood was treated
用铬酸铜砷化物经过处理的
with chromated copper arsenicals,
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表