剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
意外死亡,没有什么亮点
Yeah. It was your friend.
嗯,那是因为你的朋友
Nuisance change just came in, $500,000.
有些让人烦乱的变化,开价五十万美金
What?
什么?
What are we missing?
我们忽略掉了些什么吗?
I'm not saying the case against him is bogus.
我不是在说针对他的这个案子是伪造出来的
It isn't,
不是的
but there's a lynch mob mentality going on which is bogus.
但是这种私刑心理导致这案子成为伪造的了
They don't really think Bobby ordered a hit, do they?
他们不是真的认为Bobby指使杀人的,是吗?
It doesn't matter.
这无关紧要
They're out to get him,
他们意图抓到他
and they think he was at least reckless,
并且他们认为他至少是胆大妄为的
which is all they may need to prove.
他们证实这些就足够了
Helen.
Helen
Lindsay.
Lindsay
Make it go away.
把这案子撤诉
Lindsay, I'm not sure...
Lindsay,我不确定。。。
He is not a murderer.
他不是谋杀犯
I'm calling in a favor.
我来请你帮个忙
Make it go away.
撤诉吧
Lindsay, I can't.
Lindsay,我做不到
This is upstairs.
(这事不归我们管)
Then take the stairs, Helen.
(那就去找管事的),Helen
Do whatever you have to do,
尽你所能
but make it go away.
把这事摆平
What?
干嘛?
I'm just looking.
我只是看看而已
I'm sorry.
对不起
He...
他。。。
I got so afraid that he really might hurt you,
我很害怕他真的会伤害你
and the reason I didn't tell you is because
我不告诉你的原因是
I knew this is not the kind of stress
我知道你现在不应该
you need right now.
承受这种压力
Bobby, I'm your wife.
Bobby,我是你妻子
I know this.
我知道
What happens tomorrow?
明天怎么打算?
We have a motion to dismiss the felony murder count.
我们提出了一个驳回重罪谋杀的动议
If you lose...
如果你输了。。。
Lindsay, their whole case is the word of a career criminal.
Lindsay,他们整个案子都是基于一个职业罪犯的证词
They can't satisfy their burden with that.
他们无法充分举证
They just can’t.
他们做不到的
I've never seen you look so scared.
我从没有看到你显得这么害怕
We'll beat this, Bobby.
我们这次会赢的,Bobby
We'll put the whole firm on it if we have to.
有必要的话,我们会倾尽整个事务所的力量
That's fantastic.
太好了
Yeah, I thought you'd be pleased.
是的,我想你会高兴的
Well, I guess he admits he's responsible after all.
好了,我想他是最终承认了他的责任
I can't quite believe it, but...
我不能非常确信,但。。。
Thank you so much, Rebecca.
太谢谢你了,Rebecca
You have no idea how much I could use this money, too.
你不知道我多需要能用到这笔钱
And I'll get it today when I sign the confidentiality agreement?
我签了保密协议就可以今天拿到这笔钱吗?
I never mentioned any confidentiality agreement.
我从未提到什么保密协议
How'd you know about that?
你怎么知道的?
Oh, well, I'm assuming.
噢,好吧,我是假设的
My husband was a lawyer, Bec.
我丈夫是个律师,Bec。
I know how these things work.
我知道这事该怎么办
I'm assuming the settlement will be sealed.
我假设这个解决方案会被封存的
Well, why don't you fill me in on how things work, Karen,
好吧,Karen,为什么你不把这事情的全部都告诉我
or how they're working here?
或者,他们现在再干什么?
I'm sorry?
你说什么?
Nobody hands over $500,000 after one meeting.
没有人会在开一次会议之后就拿出50万美金来
No discovery, even.
甚至没有经过开示证据程序
He just says, "Okay, here's a check."
他就直接说:“好吧,这是支票”
What's going on?
搞什么鬼?
I might ask the same question.
我也有同样的疑问
We've been friends a long time,
我们是很久的朋友了
and you tapped into that friendship to get me to represent you here.
你利用我和你的友情,让我代理你
Be straight with me, Karen,
跟我讲实话吧,Karen
or I'll start asking my questions in other places.
否则我就会在别的场合来质问你了
Walter Bannish embezzled a lot of money from client trust funds,
Walter Bannish 从客户信托基金中盗取了大量资金
and Keith went along with it.
Keith 也参与其中
And his guilt, I'm convinced,
我确信他的负罪感
contributed to his depression.
促成了他的抑郁症
I went to Mr. Bannish,
我去找 Bannish先生
and I accused him of contributing to my husband's suicide,
我指责他促成了我丈夫的自杀
and I wanted to be compensated.
我想要得到补偿
So why didn't he just pay you off then?
他那时为什么没有给你补偿算了?
He said, "It sounds like you're accusing me of wrongful death.
他说:“这看起来像是因为一个意外死亡而指控我”
Perhaps you should sue the firm,
“也许你应该指控这个事务所”
and then we'll settle the matter."
“他们会处理这件事的”
He needed to be sued to get his firm to pay the money.
他需要去起诉这家事务所以获得赔偿
And that's why you insisted I draw up a complaint and file it
这也就是你坚持让我提出书面指控的原因
so he basically could defraud his own partners.
他实际上就可以欺骗自己的合伙人了
Karen, this is extortion.
Karen,这是欺诈
I won't be part of it.
我不会参与的
Excuse me, Rebecca,
不好意思,Rebecca
but you're not a part of anything
但是你除了合法诉讼之外
but a legitimate lawsuit.
什么也不用管
I went to Mr. Bannish,
我去找Bannish先生
and he advised me I'd have to sue him
他建议我在他给我一个硬币前
before he'd give me a nickel,
必须要起诉他
and I did sue him,
我于是就起诉了他
and we've settled the matter.
而且我们已经办妥了这事
You have no evidence of extortion.
你也没有欺诈的证据
Karen
Karen
Please notify Mr. Bannish I accept his offer.
通知Bannish先生,我接受他的提议
By the way, no need to thank me
顺便说一下,不用谢我
for the easiest contingency you've ever earned in your life.
这是你一生中最轻易赚到的意外收获
Over $150,000 for one day's work.
一天赚了超过15万美金
You're welcome.
不用谢
There is no legal basis for the charge of felony murder.
这个案子中没有合法的依据支持对重罪谋杀的指控
Breaking and entering a dwelling to commit a felonious assault
强行侵入他人住♥宅♥去实施行凶殴打
is a sufficient predicate to felony murder.
就是重罪谋杀的充分依据
There's case law...
有一个判例。。。
To charge the person who did the actual breaking and entering.
那是用于指控实施强行侵入的当事人的
There is absolutely no case law
但绝对没有
charging the alleged accessory with felony murder.
用重罪谋杀来指控从犯的判例
Any person can be charged as an accessory to any felony.
任何人都可以被指控为任何重罪的从犯
Yes, well, no one ever has under these circumstances,
是,但没有人会在这种情况下
and suddenly, with Bobby Donnell...
莫名其妙地,Bobby Donnell。。。
Even if Bobby Donnell did not conspire to kill William Hinks,
即使Bobby Donnell没有阴谋杀害William Hinks
he gave Mr. Neel William Hinks' address
但他把William Hinks的地址给了Neel
and dispatched him to his home.
然后派他去了那里
Mr. Neel broke into that home.
Neel非法侵入
A murder resulting from a breaking and entering
因非法侵入引起的谋杀
is the exact scenario the legislature had in mind
这是立法机构在制定重罪谋杀判定准则时
when passing the felony murder rule.
所构想的确定场景
There is no evidence that my client was a part of any breaking and entering.
没有证据显示我的客户和任何非法入侵有关
We have a statement from the actual killer.
我们有一个来自实际行凶者的坦白
That would be considered evidence.
那是可以被认定为证据的
Your honor, they know they can't prove this crime.
法官大人,他们明知自己无法证明犯罪行为
They can't show intent,
他们不能呈现出(犯罪)意图
so the prosecution is charging felony murder
所以检方提出重罪谋杀指控
to circumvent their burden of proof.
试图回避他们的举证责任
Yes, well, unless I'm missing something,
没错,好吧,除非我忽略了什么
that is one of the very reasons we have the felony murder rule
减少检方举证责任
to lower the prosecution's burden.
的确是我们制定重罪谋杀原则的一条重要理由
If you look at all the cases where this rule has been applied...
如果您审视一遍所有使用这个规则的案子。。。
The function of the court is not to look...
法庭的职能不是去审视。。。
There is no predicate felony to support these charges.
这个案子不存在什么重犯去支持重罪谋杀的指控
This amounts to selective prosecution against a defense attorney they don't like...
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表