剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
Previously on "The Practice"...
"What To Expect When You're Expecting."
(前集回顾部分未作翻译)
Somebody here's pregos.
Did you order that book?
Me? No.
That little witch tricked us.
Either that or somebody else is pregnant.
How did that book get here?
I ordered it. I want to keep it a secret
until I'm sure everything's fine.
Who's the father?
I'm going to be a single parent.
I got a lude and lascivious scheduled
for trial this morning, but Judge Hiller--
-She's ordered me to get co-counsel. -Why?
Something about how I've never won a trial.
Bobby, it's bad for us to even be associated
with Harland Bassett.
-He's a nice guy. -And the world's worst attorney.
I do not want to be in court with that man.
I was blessed with a large penis.
What was that?
I'm huge, judge.
Where the hell is this going?
I would like the jury to have a viewing.
You're asking me to let your client
drop his pants in court?
The intent would only be
to present exculpatory evidence.
Okay.
We face one last motion to dismiss by the defense.
我们面对被告提出的最后一个要求驳回本案的动议
Assuming we get by that, the trial will start tomorrow.
假如我们能过关,明天会开始庭审
We will get by it, right?
我们能过关的,对吧?
I hope so.
我希望能
There's a chance...
也有可能
this may not even go to trial?
连庭审都不会有?
Look, I haven't met all of you,
听着,我没有和你们所有人都谈过
but as I've explained to your husband and son,
但如我向你的丈夫和儿子解释过的那样
this is a very uphill battle.
这是一场非常艰苦的战斗。
We're prosecuting one man for murder
我们要以谋杀罪起诉一个人
that another man committed in a foreign country.
而这起谋杀是另一个人在国外犯下的
But the other man was his brother.
但这另一个人是他的兄弟
I understand, but we've only gotten so much cooperation
我理解,但我们从巴基斯坦当局
from Pakistani authorities,
只能得到这么多的协助了
and I've received no help whatsoever
而且从我们自己的联邦政♥府♥
from our own federal government,
得不到任何帮助
which prefers I back off this altogether,
这让我宁愿完全放弃这个案子
and quite frankly, our case is weak.
坦率地说,我们的案件很脆弱
So what you're saying is
那么你是说
you think he's going to get away with it.
你觉得他可能逃脱惩罚
I'm going to fight for this one,
我会为此而战的
you have my word,
我保证
but things got a little tougher this week.
但这周情况变得更糟了。
The defendant switched lawyers,
被告换了律师
and his new lawyer is very tough.
他的新律师很厉害
I'm not recommending a plea.
我不是在建议做认罪交易
I'm just saying it's an option.
我只是说这也是个选项
Why would I ever agree to a plea?
我为什么要同意认罪?
I'm saying conspiracy, not--
我在说的是共谋罪,不是说。。。
I had nothing to do with it.
我跟这事一点关系也没有
You can't condemn a man for the actions of his brother.
你不能因为某人兄弟的行为而谴责这个人。
The jury could very well think you were involved
陪审团很可能因为那是你的兄弟
since it was your own brother.
认为你参与了
Well, that's wrong. I didn't do it.
那是错误的,我什么也没做
They have no evidence. Give me one single reason
他们没有证据,你给我找出哪怕一条
why I should even consider a plea.
我应该考虑认罪协议的理由
I'll give you three--
我可以给你三个。。。
you're Pakistani, the victim was American,
你是巴基斯坦人,受害者是美国人
and this is Boston.
再就是,这里是波士顿
If we win the motion, it's over. We'll be back before noon.
如果我们赢得了动议,这就结束了,我们中午前就会回来
If we lose, trial starts immediately.
如果我们输了,庭审即刻开始
-What do you think? -The law's on our side.
-你怎么看?
-法律是站在我们这边的
We just got transferred to Kittleson, so I'm optimistic.
我们的案子转到Kittleson法官了,所以我还是乐观的
We're becoming a niche practice,
我们可以发展一个利基业务
(利基,指的是小企业在大市场中寻找一个
未被充分发掘的细分市场,集中力量进行开♥发♥
,并继而做强做大)
husbands who kill wives.
杀妻(细分业务)
He's innocent, Lindsay.
他是无辜的,Lindsay
Hello.
你好
Good morning.
早上好
Ellenor?
Ellenor?
She got a date?
她去约会了?
What's going on?
怎么回事?
I didn't want to say anything until--
我一直不想说。。。
but now there's really no reason not to.
但现在真是没理由不说了
Um...
嗯。。。
I'm pregnant.
我怀孕了
Very funny.
真搞笑
-I am. -She is.
-我是怀孕了
-她是怀孕了
I didn't want to jinx it
在羊水诊断结果出来前,
before the amnio results came back,
我可不想乌鸦嘴
so everything's fine.
所以,一切都很好
I'm four months,
四个月了
and I'm going to have a baby girl.
我就要有跟个女婴了
Who's the father?
孩子父亲是?
Actually, I'm keeping that confidential.
实际上,我会保密的
He's basically just a sperm donor,
他是一个精♥子♥捐献者
and I'm going to be a single mom.
我将成为以恶搞单亲母亲
Wow.
哇
That's... fantastic.
那真是。。。太奇妙了
Yeah. Ellenor, it's fabulous.
是啊,Ellenor,太棒了
You gonna be a mom?
你要做妈妈了?
Yeah.
是呀
Okay, so let's not everybody, you know, well up.
好了,别让我们所有人都泪如泉涌了
Um, Harland Bassett to see Eugene Young.
呃,我是Harland Bassett,来找Eugene Young
Is he available?
他有空吗?
Um...
呃。。。
Eugene.
Eugene。
Harland. Remember me?
Harland,记得我吗?
She's my niece,
她是我的侄女
so naturally I have a vested interest,
所以除她是无辜的之外
besides her being innocent.
我自然还有既定的利害关系
Is it a burglary?
是入室盗窃吗?
No, no, no, just shoplifting.
不,不不,只是在商店里偷东西
It's a false I. D., Eugene, I swear to you.
这是一个错误的指认,我跟你保证
This security guard has it all wrong. Emma--
保安弄错了,Emma。。。
Hold on. Harland, are you being ordered
停一下,Harland,你被法庭再次要求
by the court again to have co-counsel present?
要找一名协办律师吗?
No.
没有
Then why? It's a shoplifting.
为什么没有?这是商店行窃呀
But it's also my niece,
但也是我的侄女呀
and I've hit an unlucky patch
而且自从上一次咱们一起出庭
since the last time we were at trial together.
我也不太走运
My malpractice carrier has ordered me
我的职业承保保险公♥司♥要求我
to advise all my clients
把我从未赢得过一次庭审的情况
that I have never won a jury trial.
告知我的客户们。
You've still never won?
你还一次都没赢过?
I've won some bench trials, but with a jury, I--
我赢下了一些即席审判,但有陪审团的情况下,我。。。
(即席审判指由法官独♥立♥进行裁决)
I need to get one under my belt, Eugene,
我需要获得一次取胜记录,Eugene
and not just because I love my niece,
不仅仅是因为我爱我的侄女
but, also, it's tough to recruit new business
还因为,承保保险公♥司♥对我的强制处理
with this mandate from the carrier.
让我很难再找到生意了
It's a 2-day trial, tops.
这次庭审最多只用两天,
I know I'm asking a lot.
我知道我要求很过分
I need to get a "W."
我需要得到一次胜利
There is no basis in law for these charges.
这些指控没有法律依据
A defendant can't be an accessory-before-the-fact
一个被告不能在国外发生的一起凶杀案定罪前
to a homicide that happened in a foreign country.
就被指控为同谋
If there's a kidnapping with the intent to kill,
如果有一个意图杀人的绑♥架♥案
we can absolutely assert jurisdiction here.
我们完全可以在这里主张管辖权
But she wasn't kidnapped.
但她并不是被绑♥架♥了
She went to Pakistan on vacation.
她去巴基斯坦渡假
He tricked her. She thought she was going on vacation.
他骗了她。她以为她要去渡假
He already arranged for his brother
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表