剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
So that's no bigger than, what, an aspirin?
那么,这要比一片阿司匹林还小?
About that size.
差不多就是那么大
And this tiny, little thing was, as you put it, wrapped in paper?
这个小小的东西,如你所说,是用纸包起来的?
That's correct.
没错
In fact, it was
事实上,那是
inside a scrunched-up brown paper bag, right?
在一个皱巴巴的棕色纸袋里,对吗?
Yes.
是的
And the bag was
而且这个纸袋是
inside her jacket--A big winter overcoat, in fact?
在她的夹克里-一件很大的冬季外套,是吗?
I don't recall exactly.
我确实想不起来了
Officer, I'm showing you
警官,我这就给你看看
what's been admitted as people's three.
This the jacket miss Cole was wearing?
这是Cole小姐穿的夹克?
Looks like it, yeah.
看起来像,是的
So, you do this one pat of Ms. Cole's body.
那么,透过这件厚底大衣
Through this thick down overcoat
你拍了一下Cole女士的身体
and through a crumpled-up paper bag,
再透过一个皱巴巴的纸袋
you feel this tiny, little lump,
你感觉到了这个微小的团块?
and you immediately know it's crack cocaine?
而且你立刻就知道那是强力可♥卡♥因♥?
Yes.
是的
No way it was jewelry, candy?
那不会是珠宝或者糖块?
No.
不会的
All this from just one pat?
所有这一切只需要拍一下就知道?
Yes. We received comprehensive and extensive training--
是的,我们接受了全面而广泛的培训。。。
How many times have you used these comprehensive
警官,你们用这套全面而广泛的训练
and extensive training techniques
对可♥卡♥因♥嫌疑犯
to frisk suspects for crack cocaine, Officer?
进行过多少次搜查?
Probably 10 times.
大概十次
And how many arrests resulted
那么在这些次经过综合性训练的搜身中
from these comprehensively trained pat-downs, Officer?
有多少次是进行了逮捕,警官?
Two or three.
二到三次
So the other eight people you frisked were innocent?
那么被你搜身的另外八个人是无辜的?
Nothing further, Your Honor.
没问题了,法官大人
Ms. Alexander?
Alexander女士?
The witness may step down.
证人可以退席了
Does the commonwealth have anything else?
控方还有别的证人吗?
No, but I would like to remind the court
没有了,但是我想提醒法庭
that in addition to pat-downs
除了被宪法允许的
being constitutionally permissible,
搜身之外
this woman is eight months pregnant,
这女人已经有八个月身孕了
and I would like to ask the court
我想请求法庭
to seriously consider the consequences of--
慎重考虑。。。
The charges against Ms. Cole are dismissed without prejudice.
对Cole女士的指控被驳回
(这里without prejudice没有合适的中文对应,
但含义指的是:这种驳回是允许再次提起诉讼的)
You bring me some new evidence, you can refile.
你给我出示新的证据,你就可以再次起诉
Ms. Cole, you're free to go.
Cole女士,你被释放了
I want to thank you, Your Honor,
法官大人。我要感谢您
for being gracious enough to see me.
能如此宽厚地接见我
Well, there was nothing gracious about it.
行了,这跟是不是宽厚没关系
You somehow got my home number and woke me from a deep sleep.
不知道你怎么弄到了我家电♥话♥号♥码,把我从熟睡中弄醒
I had no idea what I was saying yes to.
所以我都搞不清我那时候答应了你什么
We were basically blackmailed, Your Honor.
我们基本就是被胁迫的,法官大人
Judge Aldrich told us to accept
Aldrich法官逼着我们接受
the knockdown number or else,
被压低的价格,或者别的。。。
and the "or else" being that he would order a new trial,
这个“别的”的意思是他会下令重审
keep the case, and steer us into defeat.
操纵这个案子,最终让我们落败
You're talking about one of my most respected colleagues.
你可是在说我最尊敬的同事之一
Who comitted gross abuse of discretion.
他严重地滥用自♥由♥裁量权
What he did did not respect you, Your Honor or the court.
他的所作所为,没有尊重您,也没有尊重法庭
It was blackmail.
那是胁迫
And I am not overstating it.
我对此没有危言耸听
You can substantiate this?
你有事实来支持这个说法吗?
Yes, my co-counsel Lindsay Dole was present
有的,我的同事Lindsay Dole在场
as was opposing counsel.
辩方律师也在
If you thought the judge was out of bounds,
如果你认为法官越界了
you should have asked the court reporter to step in.
你应该让法庭书♥记♥员介入
He never would have said that on the record.
他才不会把那些话记录下来的
But you need a record in order for me to act, Ms. Frutt.
但是你需要有记录,我才能够有所行动,Frutt女士
At minimum, you should have appealed the reduction.
起码你应该上诉
Instead, you agreed to the knockdown and you took the money.
而你却接受了砍价,并且拿了钱
My clients took it under duress.
我的当事人是被迫接受的
Well, that was a big mistake.
哈,那是犯了一个大错误。
And you made it.
正是你造成的
Maybe that's what's eating you.
也许那才是让你郁闷的事
What's eating me is being blackmailed by a judge.
让我郁闷的是我被一个法官胁迫
What he did was corrupt.
他做的那些是道德败坏的
I don't see that on any appellate record.
我在任何上诉记录上都没有看到这一点。
What would be my options?
我有什么选择?
You could move for a new trial,
你可以提出动议要求重审
request that Judge Aldrich recuse himself.
并要求Aldrich法官回避
But Judge Aldrich would be the one who would rule
但是Aldrich法官会是
on those motions.
负责裁决那些动议的法官
Correct.
没错
Is there another option?
还有别的选择吗?
You could file amotion with the circuit court of appeals
你可以向巡回上诉法♥院♥提起诉讼
to have him removed for bias.
因偏见将他排除掉
That's what I want to do.
那就是我打算做的
It would be your word against his.
那会让你和他发生对质
And these judges would be federal circuit court judges.
那些法官将会是联邦巡回法♥院♥的
Do you understand?
你理解什么意思吗?
He doesn't just get a jury of his peers here.
他面对的不仅仅是由他的同僚组成的一个陪审团
He gets his friends.
他面对的是他的朋友们
That's what I wanna do.
我还是打算那样做
I'd think long and hard about that Ms. Frutt.
如果是我,会再三考虑的,Frutt女士
Well, now it sounds like you're threatening me.
现在听起来好像你是在威胁我
No, I'm giving you some advice.
不是,我正在给你忠告
I want to file a formal complaint.
我要正式提出投诉
Richard, is this it? We're never talking again?
我们再也不说话了?Richard,是吗?
There's nothing really to talk about, Helen.
真没什么可说的,Helen
Would you at least give me 20 seconds.
你能给我一小会儿吗
I know this goes against your fiber,
我知道这样做是质疑了你的品行
but sometimes the people we charge with crimes are innocent.
但有时我们指控的人是无辜的
Scott Wallace is not innocent.
Scott Wallace不是无辜的
My point being I think he is.
我的观点是,他是无辜的
I also believe a witness lied after you coached him.
我还坚信在你的指导后,证人撒了谎
Richard, we're officers of the court.
Richard,我们都是在法庭上的官员
It has to mean something.
这是有其意义的
I understand that, Helen.
我理解这些,Helen
I also understood you to be my friend,
我还理解你作为我的朋友
and you cut my legs out.
却对我暗算
You basically accused me in open court
你根本就是在公开的法庭上
of being dishonest.
指控我不诚实
You're taking it a little too personally.
你这话说的太带有些个人情绪了
Let me tell you something, Helen.
让我来说吧,Helen
I get called a lot of things.
我有很多外号♥
The defense attorneys call me The Midget.
辩方律师叫我是侏儒
The judges call me Little Napoleon.
法官管我叫小拿破仑
I take a lot of abuse,
我受过很多气
but I get through it every day
但是我一天天地坚持下来
because I also have a reputation
因为我还有尽忠职守
for being good at what I do,
的好名声
and I have a reputation for being an honest person.
而且我被公认为一个诚实的人
That reputation is dear to me,
我很珍视这个名声
and when a colleague, a friend,
而当一个同事,一个朋友
stands up and obliterates that reputation,
站出来毁掉那个名声
it's personal.
这就是私人恩怨了
Hey, Richard.
嘿,Richard
Helen.
Helen
Jimmy.
Jimmy
Hey, I thought I could drive you to the hospital.
嗨,我想我应该开车送你去医院
-Hospital? -Rehab.
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表