剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表
-Harland. -Both of you are in contempt.
-Harland。
-你们俩都藐视了法庭
I didn't know.
我真不知道
I told you I would hold you accountable.
我跟你说了要追究你的责任
You're in contempt.
你在藐视法庭
You have to declare a mistrial.
您应该宣布无效审判
Double jeopardy has been attached, Ms. Alexander.
Alexander女士,已经可以构成一罪不二审了
(陪审团介入后的无效审判属于一罪不二审的适用范畴)
She could walk with a mistrial.
审判无效的话她就自♥由♥了
I would suggest you declare a mistrial on shoplifting,
我建议您针对商店偷窃罪宣布无效审判
hold the defendant in contempt of court,
判被告和她的律师藐视法庭
as well as counsel, and slap her hard.
狠狠地修理她一顿
That's completely unethical.
那是完全不道德的
Oh, you're going to raise ethics?
噢,你打算谈谈道德吗?
The defendant followed the advice of her attorney.
被告是遵照律师的建议行事的
You can't imprison her
您不能因为她坐在旁听席上
for sitting in the back of a courtroom.
就把她关起来。
I think we should just finish the trial
我认为我们应该完成这次庭审
and all learn from our mistakes.
所有人都从我们的错误中吸取教训。
This is what will happen.
接下来,这么办
We will put both of those women at your table,
我们把这两个女人都送上被告席
then allow the witness to make another I. D.
让证人再做一次指认
I will instruct the jury to disregard the first one.
我会指示陪审团不去理会第一次指认
That will be tantamount to steering the witness, your honor.
法官大人,这就相当于引导证人。
Mr. Bassett, the court is not interested
Bassett先生,这个法庭对
in anything you have to say.
你说的一切都不感兴趣
Get those women at your table.
把那些女人带上被告席吧
We will reconvene after lunch.
我们午饭后再次开庭
The contract looks fine
关于你和孩子父亲之间的关系
as between you and the biological father.
这个合同看起来还不错
-But? -Well, you don't have any authority
-然而?
-这样说吧,你没有任何权力
to waive the child's rights.
去放弃孩子的权益
If she wants to sue for financial support
如果她今后申请经济补助的话
down the road, you can't really contract against it.
你真的不能表示反对
You didn't think of that?
你没想到吗?
You got something to say, Jimmy?
你有话要说吗,Jimmy?
-All right-- -No.
-行了。。。
-没有
What the hell did that mean?
那到底是什么意思?
-Ell-- -He made a remark, Lindsay,
-Ell。。。
-Lindsay,他叨叨了一句,
and I'm going to address him on that.
我要跟他理论一下
What's your problem, Jimmy?
你有毛病吗,Jimmy?
Okay.
好吧。
My problem is this single mother thing--
我的问题是,单亲母亲。。。
more times than not,
大多数情况下
I think it's a selfish thing to do.
我认为是一种自私的做法
Is that right?
是吗?
Yes.
没错
You're getting a child. Good for you.
你有了个孩子,对你而言很好
As for the baby,
但对于这个孩子,
she's getting a life with no father.
她的生活中没有父亲
It's tough enough growing up these days with--
这样没有父亲的成长经历是艰难的。。。
I'm just saying I don't think it's any coincidence
我就是要说,我不认为这是巧合
when you drew up that contract there,
当你在那边起草合同的时候,
you didn't once consider it from the child's side.
你压根儿没有站在孩子角度去考虑
Well, consider this, Jimmy.
那么,Jimmy,来考虑一下这个,
Go to hell,
下地狱去吧,
which I know you believe in,
根据你大部分信仰的来源。
given the origins of most of your beliefs.
我知道你是相信有地狱的
Fine. Insult me as a Catholic.
辱骂我是天主教♥徒♥,没关系
All right, this discussion isn't necessary.
好了,没必要讨论这个话题
No, I am insulting you as a friend,
不,我是在把你当成一个朋友来辱骂
somebody who I happen to love
一个我碰巧很喜欢的朋友
and somebody who I expect to be there for me--
一个我期望能在这里帮我的朋友。。。
You know what?
你明白吗?
Forget it.
当我没说过好了。
I was horrified as everybody else.
我和别的人一样被吓坏了
You didn't know what he planned to do.
你不知道你弟弟计划这么做吧
Set my wife on fire?
把我妻子烧死?
Of course not.
当然不知道
How did he find out about your wife's affair?
他怎么知道你妻子有外遇?
I told him.
我跟他说的
I was very hurt about it, so I shared my--
我很伤心,所以我诉说了我的。。。
What was his reaction?
他什么反应?
He was angry, but he certainly gave me no indication
他很生气,但他肯定没有暗示我
that he planned to take her life.
他计划要杀了她
These honor killings--
这些荣誉处决。。。
are they sanctioned by Islamic law?
伊♥斯♥兰♥法律允许吗?
No, nor are they by Pakistani law.
不允许,巴基斯坦的法律也不允许
It's simply a custom, an ancient one,
这是一种习俗,古代的习俗
which is hardly ever practiced.
很少实际发生过
The question becomes your brother.
现在的问题关于你的弟弟
Did you know that he believed
你知道他信奉
in honor killings?
荣誉处决吗?
No. It was nothing we ever talked about.
不知道,我们从未谈到这些
He's an educated man.
他是有教养的人
He burned your wife.
但他烧死了你的妻子
Yes.
是的
And you pardoned him.
而你宽恕了他
Because he's my brother.
因为他是我的弟弟
I know his heart, and...
我理解他的初衷,而且。。。
if I didn't, he would have been hanged.
如果我不那么做,他会被绞死
As much as I hate him for what he did--
我是那么地憎恨他的做做所为。。。
as much as I--
如同我。。。
I will never be able to forgive him,
我永远也不能原谅他,
I couldn't sign his death warrant.
我同样也无法签署他的死亡授权书
Your brother decides to redeem you
你的弟第决意为了挽回你的名誉
by burning your spouse alive.
而去活活烧死你的妻子
He doesn't check with you first
他都没有和你事先商量
to say, "Hey, do you mind?"
比如说“嘿,你在意吗?”
He knew I would have stopped him.
他知道我会阻止他的。
Did he know you'd pardon him?
他知道你会宽恕他吗?
No.
不知道
He commits murder in front of a lot of witnesses
他当众犯下罪行
-with no assurance that you'd-- -That's right.
-在并没有得到你保证的情况下。。。
-是的
Where is he now, Mr. Sharif?
他现在在哪里?Sharif先生
He's in Pakistan.
他在巴基斯坦
So he'll burn a woman to preserve your honor,
那么说他为了维护你的名誉烧死了一个女人
but he can't get on a plane
但他却不能
and come testify on your behalf?
来帮你作证?
If he came to this country, he'd be jailed for life.
如果他来到这个国家,他会被终身监禁
So he's letting you take the fall.
那么他使你代人受过
He kills the wife, you take the rap.
他杀了你妻子,而你接受惩罚
Getting convicted of murder-- that's not a dishonor to you?
被判谋杀罪。。。这对你来说不是耻辱吗?
In your country, it's not a disgrace
在你的国家,被判杀人罪,
-to be a convicted murderer? -Objection.
-这不是耻辱吗?
-反对
Overruled.
反对无效
How about simply committing murder?
只是犯个谋杀罪又怎么了?
Any dishonor in that?
有什么不光彩的?
Your brother is even a hero over there, isn't he?
你弟弟在那边甚至成了英雄,不是吗?
Objection-- what's the relevance?
反对。。。有什么关联?
The relevance is this is win/win.
关联性在于,这是双赢
One brother gets rid of a wife
兄弟俩一个摆脱了妻子
while the other one gets to enjoy a hero's status.
同时另一个则享受着英雄的地位
-Objection. Move to strike. -I don't consider my brother a hero.
-反对,请求不与记录
-我可不认为我弟弟是英雄
The objection is sustained.
反对有效
Mr. Sharif, is it your testimony
Sharif先生,你是作证说
that, knowing Pakistani culture,
即使了解巴基斯坦的文化
it wasn't at all foreseeable
也完全无法预料到
剧集 | 律师本色(1997) | 导航列表