剧集 | 桑迪顿 | 导航列表
我能请你和我跳舞吗
tempt you back onto the floor?
乐意之至 先生
Very happily, sir.
抱歉打扰了
I beg your pardon.
没什么
Not necessary.
你在想什么 海伍德小姐
A penny for your thoughts, Miss Heywood.
我在想
I was thinking
理解他人是多么困难
how very hard it is to make people out.
是具体某个人引起了这种想法吗
Did anyone in particular provoke that thought?
所有人
People in general.
我喜欢
I like to amuse myself
通过观察并尝试得出结论 来自娱自乐
by observing and trying to make conclusions.
但像在桑迪顿这种地方
But in a place like Sanditon
陌生人自♥由♥地交际
where strangers mingle freely,
很难得出一个可靠的结论
it's hard to form a reliable judgement.
人有时是很难解读的
People can be so difficult to interpret.
你不觉得吗
Don't you find?
那你对我有什么看法呢
And what have you observed about me upon our small acquaintance?
我想你一定是三兄弟中明智的那个
I think that you must be the sensible brother of the three.
明智的那个
Oh, the sensible brother?
你为什么这么说
And what makes you say that?
我可能搞错了
Well I... I may be mistaken...
但看起来你和你的弟弟亚瑟
but it seems to me that your younger brother, Arthur,
有着完全不同的性格
has a very contrary nature.
或者说是一个太冷淡一个太精力充沛了
Alternately over-lethargic and over-energetic.
而你们的哥哥汤姆 可以说是过分热情了
While your elder brother, Tom, could be called over-enthusiastic.
我恐怕虽然他的天性是好的
I'm afraid that, despite his good nature,
他把热情和精力献给了桑迪顿
he neglects his own happiness and his family's
只怕是忽略了他和他家人的幸福
in his passionate devotion to Sanditon.
你不觉得吗
Don't you agree?
要我说 海伍德小姐 你还真是畅所欲言
Upon my word, Miss Heywood, you are very free with your opinions.
你说什么 我没...
I beg your pardon, I didn't...
而且到底是什么经历让你形成了这样的判断
And upon what experience of the world do you form your judgements?
-我...- 你去过哪
- I... - Where have you been?
哪也没去过 你学过什么
Nowhere. What have you learnt?
看起来什么也没学过
Nothing, it would seem,
然而你却自以为有资格对别人评头论足
and yet you take it upon yourself to criticise.
我这么跟你说吧 海伍德小姐
Let me put it to you, Miss Heywood,
怎样活着才更好呢
which is the better way to live?
对着钢琴 拿着刺绣 坐在你父亲的房♥子里
To sit in your father's house with your piano and your embroidery?
等着某个人来从你父母手中接过你
Waiting for someone to come and take you off your parents' hands?
还是用你的能量创造一点不同
Or to expend your energy in trying to make a difference?
留下你的印记
To leave your mark.
让这个世界变得更好一些
To leave the world in a better place than you found it.
这就是我的哥哥汤姆试图在做的
That is what my brother Tom is trying to do.
为一项积极的事业 投入了大量的辛劳和精力
At the expense of a great deal of effort and anxiety,
因此我尽我所能去帮助和支持他
in a good cause for which I do my best to help and support him.
而你却觉得 批评他
And you see fit to criticise him,
把他当消遣 这样做合适
to amuse yourself at his expense.
对不起
I beg your pardon.
我冒犯了你
I have offended you.
请原谅我
Please forgive me.
不 你没有冒犯我
No, you haven't offended me.
是我错了
I'm the one at fault.
我不该对一个
I shouldn't have expected so much
没什么经历和理解力的女孩抱有那么高的期待
from a girl with so little experience and understanding.
失陪了
Excuse me.
剧集 | 桑迪顿 | 导航列表