剧集 | 桑迪顿 | 导航列表
That's why you came to London, is it not, Tom?
弥补过错
To make amends?
不是
Well, er, no.
我是来提升大家对赛舟会的兴趣 我...
I mean, I came mainly to raise interest in the regatta. I...
汤姆
Tom.
板球比赛那天我也在
I was present at the cricket.
和我说实话
Be honest with me.
诚实面对你自己
Be honest with yourself.
事实是我现在的处境非常不妙 西德尼
The truth is my situation is very grave indeed, Sidney.
我拜访了半数的伦敦人
I've knocked on half the doors of London
但没人对桑迪顿或赛舟会感兴趣
and no-one cares a damn about Sanditon or the regatta.
我完全没办法支付劳工的工钱
I have no means whatsoever of paying my labourers.
最糟的是
And worst of all...
我失去了自己妻子的信任 或许是永远
..I have lost the trust of my own dear wife, perhaps forever.
我们能让人们对赛舟会感兴趣
Well... we will raise interest in the regatta yet.
巴宾顿知道该去拜访哪些人
Babington will know where best to knock.
至于劳工的工钱 我先借你钱
And as for the labourers, I shall lend you the money...
西德尼 我不能...
Sidney, I cannot ask...
三千镑 是这个数 对吧
£3,000. That was the amount, was it not?
我亲爱的弟弟 这太多了
My dear brother, it is too much.
-你要怎么 -我会想办法
- How... - I will find a way.
但玛丽的事
But when it comes to Mary...
我无能为力
..I'm of no use.
我无法假装了解维持婚姻的秘诀
I cannot pretend to understand the workings of a marriage.
但我知道
And what I do know,
我愿做任何事 换一个你那样的妻子
is I would do anything to be blessed with a wife such as yours.
所以你必须竭尽全力
So, you must do whatever it takes.
瞧瞧
Look at that.
你刚拥有了大量财富
You've just become shockingly wealthy.
一切都太难以承受
It's all been so overwhelming.
我都不知道该怎么想了
I hardly know what to think any more.
关于什么 亲爱的
About what, my dear?
关于一切
About anything!
以前我对自己判断很有信心
I have always felt so certain of my judgment...
但现在我发现自己一直被
..But now I see that I have been
情绪和幼稚所蒙蔽
blinded by sentiment and naivety.
我全都搞错了
I've got it all so wrong.
难怪你弟弟这么看不上我
No wonder your brother has such a poor opinion of me.
我确信不是这样
I am certain that is not the case.
西德尼有时候
Sidney can be...
比较难揣测 仅此而已 他是个谜
..Hard to read, that is all. He is a conundrum.
但谜也可以被破解
But a conundrum can be solved.
他似乎与所有事都保持距离
He seems so determined to keep the world at arm's length.
他不是一直这样
That wasn't always the case.
他年轻时候很不一样
In his younger days, he was a very different man.
玛丽提过一次破裂的婚约
Mary has spoken of a broken engagement?
是的
Yes.
伊莉莎
Eliza.
他们非常相爱
They were very much in love.
但在最后一刻 她放弃了他
But at the last moment, she passed him over
选了一位更老但更富有的男人
in favour of an older, and wealthier man.
他开始自暴自弃
He set out on a rather self-destructive path.
我们都很担心
We were all greatly concerned.
最后 我付清了他的欠款
In the end, I paid his debts
他驶向安提瓜岛 为了忘掉她
and he sailed to Antigua in a bid to forget her.
恐怕他再也不回到当初的样子
I fear the man he was... never quite returned.
莫利纽先生
Mr Molyneux?
我认为他们至少该正式告别一下
I thought they at least deserved a proper parting.
这边 请
This way, please.
我确实赌博了 是真的
I have gambled... that is true.
但不论他们对你说了什么
But whatever they tell you...
我从没用你的名字赌博
..I never gambled with your name.
我没有吹嘘过你的财富
I never boasted of your wealth.
我吹嘘你这个人
I boasted of you.
你的智慧
Of your wit.
你的美貌
Of your beauty.
我无法相信我这般出身的男人
Because I couldn't believe that a man of my birth
能赢得你这样的女人的芳心
could win the heart of a woman like you.
那是一种骄傲 仅此而已
It was pride, that was all.
天知道 我也付出了代价
And Lord knows, I have paid for it.
我们都付出了代价
We have both paid for it.
我无法原谅自己让你受到伤害
I will never forgive myself for putting you in harm's way.
但请记住
But please know this...
我不在乎你的财产
..I never cared a damn about your fortune.
我爱你的灵魂
I fell in love with your soul.
告诉我你相信我
Tell me you believe me.
这还重要吗
What difference does it make now?
奥提斯
Otis!
你不跟我们告别吗
Will you not say goodbye?
海伍德小姐
Miss Heywood.
我以为你不想再跟我说话
I hardly thought you'd want to speak to me.
你打算怎么办
What will you do now?
你怎么解决其他的欠款
How will you settle your other debts?
我的欠款都被付清了
My debts have all been paid.
我得到了我并不配得到的善意帮助
I have been shown a kindness... I do not deserve.
我希望能相信你会遵守我们的约定
I hope I can trust you to honour our deal.
你遗产的四分之一
A quarter of all you inherit.
说好只有五分之一
We agreed on a fifth.
体面的女士有改变主意的特权
It's a lady's prerogative to change her mind.
你充分证明了你算不上一位体面的女士
You have proved quite conclusively that you are no lady.
那艾斯特呢
And what about Esther?
她算吗
Is she a lady?
别紧张
It's all right.
我没跟任何人提过
I haven't breathed a word to anyone.
我知道人们会有多评头论足
I know how judgmental people would be
一旦他们知道你们有多亲密
if they knew how intimate you really are.
我不知道你在说什么
I have no idea what you mean.
你知道
Yes, you do.
她的心一定会碎成一片一片
It would break her heart into little tiny pieces
如果她知道了我们的事 对吧
if she were to learn of this, would it not?
四分之一就足够了
A quarter share will suffice.
-巴宾顿 -海伍德小姐
- Babington. - Miss Heywood.
我四处打听过了 非常幸运的是
Well, I've asked around, and, as luck would have it,
默兹利太太今晚会在
Mrs Maudsley's hosting a masked rout
格罗夫纳广场举办假面舞会
this very evening in Grosvenor Square.
这是你的邀请函
And this is your invitation.
我亲爱的巴宾顿 你也太棒了
My dear Lord Babington, you are a wonder!
所有伦敦上流社会的人都会到场
It sounds as if London's entire beau monde will be there,
他们会很期待听到我们的赛舟会
all of them eager to hear about our regatta.
你也必须来 海伍德小姐
And you must come as well, of course, Miss Heywood.
谢谢你 巴宾顿勋爵
Thank you, Lord Babington,
但我暂时不太想社交
but I am really not in a mood to be sociable.
失陪
Excuse me.
喝一杯 朋友们
A drink, gentlemen?
她怎么样
How is she?
越来越糟糕
Worse by the hour.
你走了很久
You were gone a long while.
遗嘱肯定是藏得太好了
The will must have been hidden well.
事实上 毫无遗嘱的痕迹
As a matter of fact, it was nowhere to be seen.
我找遍了整栋房♥子
I turned the entire house upside down
我认为它不存在
and I've come to the conclusion it cannot exist.
但为什么她要那么说
But then, why would she say...?
发烧让她神志不清
Oh, her fever has plainly left her confused.
昏天黑地
She barely knows her own mind.
我们是德纳姆家族
We are Denhams.
如果没有遗嘱 那是有利于我们
If there's no will, then surely that works in our favour?
当然了
You'd think so.
感谢苍天终于要结束了
Thank God this is almost done.
我很开心不用再听到
I shall be glad if I never hear another word
那个老巫婆和克拉·布雷顿的声音
of that wretched will or Clara Brereton for as long as I live.
你和我都解脱了
剧集 | 桑迪顿 | 导航列表