剧集 | 桑迪顿 | 导航列表
Mr Molyneux?
莫利纽先生
Mr Molyneux?
你这个傻瓜
You fool!
说实话 医生
Be honest, doctor.
他还有救吗
Is there a chance he may yet live?
还是说我们只能节哀顺变了
Or must we accept what is to come?
我亲爱的小姐
My dear Fraulein,
我还没太听说过中暑会致命呢
I have but rarely known a case of sun stroke to be fatal!
中暑
Sun stroke?
对
Ja, ja!
恕我直言 欲速则不达
If I may, Rome was not built in one day.
下次您锻炼时 帕克先生 我建议...
The next time you exercise, Herr Parker, may I suggest...
还有下次
The next time?
可以肯定的是 我们已经证明这样的剧烈运动
Surely we have proven beyond a doubt that such exertions
对我弟弟是非常有害的
have a pernicious effect on my brother!
对不起 但我再也不能让你锻炼了
I am sorry, but I can never allow you to ever exercise again.
从现在开始 亚瑟
From now on, Arthur,
你只有在必须动的情况下才能动
you must only move only when it is essential.
好吧 姐姐
Very well, sister.
如果这样你能安心的话 我今后就尽力
If it will ease your mind, I shall henceforth compel myself
躺着不动了
to adopt a recumbent lifestyle.
好
Yes.
可伶的人 我觉得那样最好了
Oh, you poor soul, I think that would be best.
"对我讲吧 我可以代她回话 有何见教
"Speak to me, I shall answer for her. Your will?
《第十二夜》对白
最辉煌的 卓越的 无双的美人
"Most radiant, exquisite and unmatchable beauty,
请您告诉我 这位是不是就是府中的小姐"
"I pray you, tell me if this be the lady of the house."
孩子们 你们就这样吗
Really, girls.
至少你们可以试着加入些感情进去
You might at least try and put a little bit of feeling into it.
毕竟这是诗啊
It is supposed to be poetry, after all!
帕克先生 我不知道您回到桑迪顿了
Mr Parker! I had no idea you were back in Sanditon.
很抱歉打扰了 我是来看乔治亚娜的
Sorry to interrupt. I've come to see Georgiana.
哎呀 她不在家
Alas, she is not here.
她和海伍德小姐去参加您哥哥夫妇的
Erm, she and Miss Heywood are attending your brother
野餐去了
and Mrs Parker's picnic.
你一定搞错了 我刚刚去过帕克太太家
You must be mistaken. I have just been at Mrs Parker's.
我没看见野餐或者乔治亚娜的影子啊
I saw no sign of a picnic or Georgiana.
但 她说...
But, but she said...
她说什么 格里菲斯太太
She said what, Mrs Griffiths?
很长时间以来 你们二人无所事事
For far too long, the pair of you have idled about,
隐隐约约地期待着未来能继承点遗产
in the vague hope of some future inheritance.
那么...
Well...
这样不行
..It will not do!
你也许浪费了和兰姆小姐的机会 爱德华
You may have squandered your chances with Miss Lambe, Edward,
但仍然有很多唾手可得的良机
but there is still plenty of low-hanging fruit to be found,
如果你知道去哪找的话
if you know where to look.
你写了个单子
You have drawn up a list?
以适合度从高到低来排列
In descending order of eligibility.
当然了 最主要的条件是财富
Naturally the primary requirement is wealth,
紧接着是爵位
closely followed by title.
那美貌 魅力呢
And what about beauty, and charm?
别迂腐了
Don't be pedantic!
诺福克有位叫马斯顿的绅士有八万英镑
There's a gentleman in Norfolk named Marston who has 80,000,
和六个女儿
and six daughters.
最大的已经结婚了
The eldest is married,
而他还在竭力为二女儿招女婿
but he has struggled in vain to find a taker for the second.
我想不出为什么
I can't think why,
因为我听说她的斜视从侧面看几乎注意不到
because I'm told her squint is barely noticable from the side!
您确定吗 姑母
Really, Aunt.
看在上帝的份儿上 他还有四个女儿
Oh, for heaven's sake! He still has four other daughters.
总有一个你能看得上吧
I can't believe one of them won't be to your liking.
我应该安排你们见个面
I shall arrange a visit.
-您的好意我心领了 姑母 但 -至于你
- That's good of you, Aunt, but... - And as for you,
如果你还是整天愁容满面
if you could keep that scowl off your face for long enough,
就算到了九月末米迦勒节
there's no reason why we
我们也不能为你找到夫家
shouldn't find you a husband by Michaelmas.
别指望了
I wouldn't count on it.
看看艾斯特欲擒故纵玩的多么娴熟
Given how skilled Esther is at deterring suitors.
就连巴宾顿都迟早要束手就擒
Even Babbington's bound to give up, sooner or later.
巴宾顿勋爵
Lord Babbington?
可不是吗 他可痴心了
Oh, yes, he's quite besotted.
天呐
Oh, well!
艾斯特
Esther?
我相信你一直都在煽动他热情的火苗吧
I trust you've been fanning the flames of his ardour?
绝对没有 我一直都在无视他
Certainly not. I have been ignoring him.
你个没心没肺的孩子
Oh, you foolish, ungrateful child!
要是巴滨顿勋爵年纪再大一点 身体每况日下
Lord Babbington couldn't be a better prospect
那他就是再合适不过的人选
if he was advanced in years and in poor health.
他会是个完美的丈夫
He'd be a perfect husband!
让他另娶别人好了
For someone else perhaps.
为什么你就不行
And why not you?
你还想怎样
What is it you want?
是不是因为没人能比得上爱德华
Could it be that no man will ever measure up to Edward?
问得好 我承认
That's a fair question, I grant you.
我从未见过喜欢如此暧昧的两人
I have rarely seen two people enjoy such intimacy.
要是可以 你俩早就结婚了吧
If you could, I suspect you would marry each other!
你在胡说什么
Oh, really, what nonsense you talk!
保持微笑就行了
Your company is so much more agreeable
不说话没人拿你当哑巴
when you smile and say nothing.
要不你去弹琴吧
Why don't you play for us instead?
奥提斯是海边长大的
Otis was more or less raised on the water.
他是浪里白条
He is half-man and half-porpoise.
你父亲是水手吗
Your father was a mariner?
不 但给我自♥由♥的那个男人是
No, but the man who gave me my freedom was.
给你自♥由♥
Your freedom?
我出生在非洲
I was born in Africa.
小时候就被迫离开母亲 被卖♥♥掉
Taken from my mother and sold as a child.
但后来天意让我遇到了一位正人君子
But then providence placed me in the path of an gentleman.
他给了我自♥由♥ 供我上学
He gave me freedom. An education.
这就是为什么
That is why I now spend my days
我现在立志为更多人争取独♥立♥
fighting for the liberty of others.
奥提斯是非洲之子的一员
Otis belongs to the Sons Of Africa.
他们在致力于终结奴隶制
They're devoted to ending enslavement for good.
但奴隶制不是已经成为历史了吗
But surely slavery is consigned to history?
如果真是那样就好了 海伍德小姐
Would that were so, Miss Heywood.
恐怕还有成千上万的人仍在水深火热之中
I am afraid there are thousands who yet remain in bondage.
而奴隶制的遗风就在我们身边
And its legacy is all around us.
什么意思
How do you mean?
你茶里的糖
It's in the sugar of your tea.
你做裙子用的棉花
It's in the cotton of your dress.
还有这个国家有一半的贵族豪♥宅♥
It is in the grand houses of half the nobility of this country,
是用同胞们的血泪和汗水榨取财富建造而成的
built with fortunes wrung from the blood and toil
奴隶制就在其中
of my brothers and sisters.
你该去问问你的朋友西德尼·帕克
You should ask your friend Sidney Parker
问问他在安提瓜岛的日子
about his time in Antigua.
只要有利可图
He was glad enough to turn a blind eye
别的他都视而不见
when there was money to be made.
该死
Dammit!
她们到底在哪儿
Where the hell are they?
你不能现在就走 太快了
You cannot leave just yet. It is too soon!
你才刚到这不久
You've barely just arrived.
我很快就会回来
It shall not be long before I return.
这世上没什么能把我们分开
There is not a thing on God's earth that can keep us apart.
我会送你到车上
I will walk you to your coach.
不能冒险被人发现我俩在一起
We cannot risk being seen together.
我知道一条小路
I know of a back route.
我们被发现的几率会更小
There is far less chance of our being discovered.
原谅我 海伍德小姐
Forgive me, Miss Heywood.
我们第一次见面时我很无礼
I fear I was rude when we first met.
我当时对你的态度也不太好
I was hardly charitable towards you either.
无论如何我必须问问你
I must ask, for the life of me,
剧集 | 桑迪顿 | 导航列表