剧集 | 桑迪顿 | 导航列表
你安顿好就下来喝茶吧
Come down for tea as soon as you've settled in.
女家庭教师和她的学生
A governess and her school,
我们就只能找到这种水平的租客吗
is that really the best we can muster?
剩下的空房♥子怎么办
What about the rest of our empty houses?
很快都会住满的 德纳姆夫人 一定会的
They will be taken up soon enough, Lady Denham. Mark my words.
你总是这么说 可谁会来住呢
So you keep saying, but by whom?
你承诺过 我的投资很快就能赚到钱
You promised me a quick return on my investment.
我可以向你保证 这次舞会将改变这一切
I can assure you the ball will change everything.
我弟弟西德尼
My brother Sidney is bringing a crowd
会带很多交际广泛的朋友来这里
of his most well-connected friends.
只要他们把在桑迪顿的愉快经历传出去
Once they start spreading the word of Sanditon's delights,
我们就发财了
we shall be overrun.
据我对你弟弟的了解 我对他不抱期望
From what I know of your brother, I won't hold my breath.
既然这场舞会如此重要
And if this ball is so vital,
你为什么前两天不在这儿安排布置
why have you not been here to arrange it?
反倒跑出去闲逛
Instead you hare off
去找我们根本用不上的医生
in pursuit of a doctor we have no need of
医生没找到 还把脚给扭伤了
and return with nothing more than a sprained ankle
带回来个年轻姑娘 你做的这些有什么用
and another young lady. What is the use of that?
我们这里年轻姑娘已经够多了
We have enough young ladies here,
除非她是带着大笔钱财来的
unless she brings a fortune with her.
她是吗
Does she?
-海伍德小姐非常有魅力 -汤姆
- Miss Heywood is a very charm... - Tom.
这就是那位年轻姑娘
So, this is the young lady.
德纳姆夫人 请允许我介绍夏洛特·海伍德小姐
Lady Denham, may I present Miss Charlotte Heywood.
您好
How do you do?
我很好 亲爱的
Very prettily done, my dear.
德纳姆夫人的受监护人 克拉·布雷顿小姐
Lady Denham's ward, Miss Clara Brereton.
-你好 -这姑娘很漂亮 看着也健康
- Good day. - Well, she's a fine, healthy-looking girl.
虽然看起来没什么了不起的
Though nothing remarkable as to looks.
你父亲是什么人 海伍德小姐
What is your father, Miss Heywood?
他在威灵顿有一小块地 夫人
He has a small estate in Willingden, ma'am.
用来自己种的 是不是
And farms it, I suppose?
种地可不行 现在土地和以前不一样了
That won't do any more. Land is not what it used to be.
工业和企业才是未来
Industry and enterprise, that is the future.
确实如此
Indeed it is.
你有多少兄弟姐妹
How many brothers and sisters have you?
11个 夫人
11, ma'am.
11个
11?
天啊 那你可得嫁个有钱的
Oh, you will need to marry well.
你家人让你来桑迪顿
And no doubt they've sent you
一定是想让你找个有钱的夫家
to Sanditon to find yourself a fortune.
-不是的 夫人 -德纳姆夫人
- Not at all, ma'am. - Lady Denham...
胡说 他们一定是这么想的
Nonsense. Of course they have.
你不用觉得不好意思 我自己就嫁了有钱人
There is no shame in that. I married very well myself.
您有孩子吗 夫人
Any children, ma'am?
没有 上帝没有为我们降福
No, we were not blessed.
我嫁给哈里·德纳姆爵士时他已经年老体衰了
Sir Harry Denham was elderly and in poor health.
现在 你看到没有
And now, do you see,
所有人都在等着我撒手归西
everybody is waiting for me to shuffle off this mortal coil
我死了他们就能分我的钱了
so they can have my money.
你怎么看 海伍德小姐
What do you say to that, Miss Heywood?
如果您没有直接继承人 德纳姆夫人
If you have no direct heirs, Lady Denham,
我认为您可以照自己的心愿处理财产
I suppose you can leave it where you please.
没错 你非常聪明 海伍德小姐
Quite right. You're a sharp one, Miss Heywood.
但是我的所有亲属都认为自己有资格继承
But my relations all think they have a claim on it.
布雷顿家 也就是我的娘家
The Breretons, as I was a Miss Brereton.
克拉就是布雷顿家的
Clara there is one of many Breretons.
穷得叮当响
Poor as church mice.
还有哈里爵士的侄子和侄女
And then there's Sir Harry's nephew and niece,
爱德华·德纳姆爵士和艾斯特小姐
Sir Edward Denham and Miss Esther,
他们全都盼着我死
all of them hoping to do well by my demise.
可他们忘了一件事
There's one thing they all forget.
就是我根本没打算死
And that is that I have no intention at all of dying.
所以我建议他们这些人自谋生计
So my advice to them all is they can fend for themselves.
你过去和克拉小姐坐着
You go and sit down with Miss Clara.
帕克先生和我还有事要谈
Mr Parker and I have matters of business to discuss.
你肯定觉得德纳姆夫人很粗鲁吧
I'm afraid you must have found Lady Denham rather rude.
她确实非常...直接
She does seem very ..direct.
确实
She is.
我很感激她收留了我
I'm very grateful to her for taking me in.
我是她穷亲戚中最贫困的那个 海伍德小姐
I'm the very poorest of poor relations, Miss Heywood.
叫我夏洛特就好
Charlotte, please.
我可以叫你克拉拉吗
And may I call you Clara?
当然可以 你喜欢桑迪顿吗
Of course. How do you like Sanditon?
非常喜欢
Very much.
尽管我还没怎么逛过
Though I've seen very little of it.
你想试试海水浴吗
Do you plan to try sea bathing?
我什么都想试试
I want to try everything there is to try.
你呢
Do you care for it yourself?
坦白说我还没下过海
I confess I haven't been in the sea yet.
不过爱德华爵士一直在
Although Sir Edward has been extolling
跟我称赞海水浴的好处
its health-giving properties to me.
或许我们可以一起
Perhaps we could enjoy it
享受或忍♥受
or endure it together?
我非常愿意
I should like that very much.
你们在那说什么呢
What are you talking about over there?
海水浴 德纳姆夫人
Sea bathing, Lady Denham.
真好
Oh, excellent.
咱们桑迪顿的游泳更衣马车
Our bathing machines at Sanditon
是整个南海岸最好的了
are the best on the whole of the south coast.
爱德华·德纳姆爵士和德纳姆小姐
Sir Edward Denham and Miss Denham.
我就知道你在这 姑母
I thought we might find you here, Aunt.
我们一直在呼吸新鲜空气
We've been taking the air
我想着叫你们大家去悬崖边散步欣赏...
and I thought to tempt you all out onto the cliff walk to admire...
抱歉
I beg your pardon.
容我为你介绍我们的客人
Let me introduce you to our guest,
海伍德小姐
Miss Heywood.
很高兴认识你 海伍德小姐
Enchanted to make your acquaintance, Miss Heywood.
海伍德小姐
So, Miss Heywood,
你觉得这景色如何
what do you say to the prospect?
风景如画 先生
Very picturesque, sir.
我听说你提倡海水浴
I hear you're an advocate for sea bathing?
是的 海伍德小姐
I am, Miss Heywood.
你一定要感受一下
You must experience it.
第一次跳入海中的令人为之一振的冲击感
The bracing shock of the first plunge.
那无以伦比的自♥由♥感和轻松感
The incomparable feeling of freedom and lightness.
在你勇敢投入大海的怀抱时
The ocean bearing you up
它也在托承着你
as you give yourself to it fearlessly.
海水轻柔地滑过你裸♥露♥的四肢
The gentle play of the currents over your naked limbs.
没有什么更给你这样的幸福感了
Nothing can give one such a sense of well-being.
海伍德小姐 跟我一起走走
Miss Heywood, come and walk with me.
我看你挺享受的
I see you're enjoying yourself.
只是想让新来的客人有宾至如归的感觉 妹妹
Just making a newcomer feel at home, sister.
或许你应该专注于你手头的任务
Perhaps you could find the time to focus on the task in hand.
我现在去跟她谈
I'll speak to her now.
爱德华爵士 他是个很不错的年轻人
Sir Edward, you know, he's a good young man.
你觉得呢
How do you find him?
我觉得他非常优雅
I find him very elegant
还有非常...
and very...
生气勃勃
spirited.
还非常英俊
And very well to look at.
是的
That as well.
他的确非常英俊
Yes, he is very well to look at.
非常讨年轻小姐的欢心
Very pleasing to the young ladies.
毫无疑问 他会拈花惹草
And no doubt he'll sow some wild oats,
但他一定会娶个富有人家的小姐
but he must marry money.
想那样的帅小伙
A handsome young fellow like that
会嬉笑着四处逛
will go about smirking
对女孩花言巧语
and paying girls compliments.
剧集 | 桑迪顿 | 导航列表