剧集 | 桑迪顿 | 导航列表
Was not your mother a slave?
她是
She was.
但是习惯一件事
But being used to a thing
和喜欢一件事是不同的 夫人
and liking it are not the same, my lady.
我开始觉得
I'm beginning to think
你是个武断的年轻女孩 兰姆小姐
you're a very opinionated young lady, Miss Lambe.
你觉得呢 海伍德小姐
What do you think, Miss Heywood?
我知道年轻女孩不应该
I know young ladies are
有自己的见解 德纳姆夫人
not expected to have opinions, Lady Denham.
不过我认为兰姆小姐像您一样
But I think that Miss Lambe is quite right
珍惜自己的独♥立♥性
to value her independence,
是非常正确的
just as you do yours.
你同意吧 帕克先生
Don't you agree, Mr. Parker?
兰姆小姐知道我对此事的看法
Miss Lambe is aware of my position on the matter.
西德尼先生没回答
No answer from Mr. Sidney.
还有你 小姐 你还在装腔作势
And you, miss, are you still keeping up the pretence
说自己来桑迪顿
that you are not in Sanditon
不是为了嫁个有钱人养活你吗
in search of a wealthy man to marry and to keep you?
我确实不是 夫人
Indeed I am not, ma'am.
我根本没有结婚的想法
I have no thoughts of marriage at all.
即便我想找丈夫的话 肯定也不会考虑财产
And if I were to choose a husband, wealth would not come into it.
胡说八道
Poppycock.
好的婚姻不是应该
Should not be a good marriage
建立在对彼此的爱上吗
be based on mutual love and affection?
没有平等的爱
Without equality of affection,
婚姻就成了一种奴役
marriage can become a kind of slavery.
或者是摆脱奴役
Or an escape from it.
兰姆小姐的母亲不就是个很好的例子吗
Miss Lambe's mother would be a case in point.
年轻漂亮的黑人小姐被主人看上了
A pretty young negress catches the master's eye,
使出浑身解数迷住了他
casts her spell on him.
这个世界就是这样的 对不对 兰姆小姐
That's the way the world works. Ain't it, Miss Lambe?
现在您现身在这 还有您的十万镑
And now here you are, with your 100,000.
对任何一个有爵位 屋顶还漏雨的年轻人来说
A rich prize for any young fellow with a... title
是多么丰厚的奖品啊
and a leaky roof.
那么 对爱德华爵士您意下如何
So, what do you say to Sir Edward?
您和他难道不是天作之合吗
Would you and he not make a pretty match?
别说了 姑姑...
Really, Aunt...
看起来你没办法争取自己的利益
You seem incapable of furthering your own interests.
兰姆小姐 怎么样
How about it, Miss Lambe?
德纳姆夫人 俺们不合适
We ain't suited, Lady Denham.
说得好
Good for you.
说得好 兰姆小姐 "俺们不合适"
Well said, Miss Lambe. "We ain't suited."
非常好 我能给您切一片菠萝吗
Very good. May I cut you a slice of pineapple?
帕克先生
Mr Parker.
帕克先生 菠萝不是给你切的
Mr Parker, the pineapple is not yours to cut!
-帕克先生 -我...
- Mr Parker! - I...
帕克先生 请你把刀放下
Mr Parker, would you please put that knife down.
怎么了
What's the matter?
它坏了 德纳姆夫人
It's rotten, Lady Denham.
烂到心里了
Rotten to the core.
活的
It's alive!
别担心亲爱的 我相信它还有救
Don't worry, my dear, I'm sure it can be saved.
帕克先生
Mr Parker!
不 不是你 汤姆·帕克先生
No, not you. Mr Tom Parker.
我想和你说句话
I want a word with you.
你们其他人可以消失了
And the rest of you can clear off.
你听到那个粗野的女孩的话了吗
Did you mark that insolent girl?
我想她是被您的某些话冒犯了
I think that she may have felt offended by some of your remarks.
难道我在自己家里不能说自己的想法吗
Am I not permitted to speak my own mind in my own house?
还有那个女孩 海伍德小姐
And that other girl, Miss Heywood!
她可是你的客人 帕克先生 说话太直了
YOUR guest, Mr Parker. Too outspoken!
而你那鲁莽的弟弟...
And as for your boorish brother...
还撺掇她们 鼓动她们
Stirring them up, encouraging them.
然后他居然厚颜无♥耻♥地动我的菠萝
And then he has the effrontery to handle my pineapple.
德纳姆夫人 我恐怕不应该
I'm afraid I can't be held responsible
为我弟弟的行为承担责任吧
for my brother's behaviour, Lady Denham.
他有自己的想法 他主宰自己
He is his own man. He is what he is.
那你这么想吧 我也有我的想法
Well, think on this. I am my own woman.
我非常想要把我所有的投资
And I have a good mind to withdraw my entire investment
从桑迪顿项目中撤走
from the Sanditon venture.
我求您... 不要这样想
I beg you... not to consider that.
没有了您的投资 我们会陷入困境的
Without your contribution, we would be in dire straits.
我非常不高兴
I am very displeased.
我真的非常非常不高兴
I am very displeased indeed!
我感觉是我的错 至少有一部分是
I feel it is my fault. At least in part.
我觉得我应该为兰姆小姐说话
I felt I had to defend Miss Lambe
而且也没有别人愿意替她说话
and nobody else was ready to speak for her.
除了您的弟弟亚瑟
Except your brother, Arthur.
德夫人也对他很光火
Lady D is very angry with him as well.
倒不是因为他说了什么 而是因为...
And not so much for anything he said, but for the...
因为他对她的菠萝所做的无礼举动
for the disrespectful manner in which he handled her pineapple.
她真是个可怕的老女人
She is an appalling old woman.
可桑迪顿的命运都在她手里掌握着呢
But she holds the fate of Sanditon in her hands.
问题就在这
That's the problem.
如果我让您的项目受到威胁
I couldn't forgive myself
那我无论如何也不能原谅自己
if I've put your great project in danger.
我会去向她道歉
I will go and beg her pardon.
亲爱的夏洛特...
My dear Charlotte...
-真的 夏洛特... -我不介意
- Really, Charlotte... - I don't mind.
我明天早上就去
I will go tomorrow morning.
晚安
Goodnight.
早上好 你来做什么
Good morning. And what brings you here?
在您的午宴上我的举止非常...
The way I conducted myself at your luncheon was...
让人遗憾
regrettable.
所以我来乞求您的原谅 德纳姆夫人
And so I humbly beg your pardon, Lady Denham.
毫无疑问 是汤姆·帕克先生让你来的
Mr Tom Parker made you come, no doubt.
不是的 夫人 我是自愿来的
No. Indeed, ma'am, I came of my own will.
真的吗 你以为我会信吗
Really? You expect me to believe that?
不管你信不信 是真的 夫人
Whether you do or not, it is the truth, ma'am.
你就是忍♥不住 对吧
You just can't help it, can you?
忍♥不住什么
Help what?
心里想什么就说什么 据理力争
Speaking your mind, standing up for yourself.
该拿你怎么办
What's to be done with you?
很抱歉如果冒犯到你 夫人
I am truly very sorry if I offend you, ma'am.
你没有冒犯我 你逗乐我
You don't offend me, you amuse me.
我喜欢捉弄挑衅
I like to tease and provoke.
你应该是觉得 我昨天对那位姑娘太过分了
I expect you thought I was too hard on that young woman yesterday.
但她也尽力还击了 不是吗
But she gave as good as she got, did she not?
拜托 海伍德小姐 回答我
Come on, Miss Heywood, answer me.
我确实认为你对兰姆小姐很不礼貌
I do think you were very impolite to Miss Lambe.
我特地为她办了场午宴
I gave a luncheon in her honour.
你让她出了洋相
You made a spectacle of her.
你没有考虑过她的感受
You didn't consider what her feelings might be.
置身他乡 举目无亲
Far from home, amongst strangers...
你那样做很不好
It was unkind of you.
她有十万英镑作为慰藉
She has 100,000 to comfort her.
我只是说出事实
I only speak the simple truth.
怎么了
What?
你坚持要听我说真话 夫人
You insisted on hearing my honest opinion, ma'am.
我确实要求了
So I did.
如果我不喜欢真话
And if I don't like it,
也是我的错 你就想这么说吧
it's no-one's fault but my own, you imply.
你可以走了 你已达到目的
Well, off you go. You got what you came for.
转告汤姆·帕克先生不用担心
And you can tell Mr Tom Parker he has nothing to fear from me.
暂时
For now.
请问这是去伦敦的马车吗
If you please, is this the coach for London?
-是的 小姐 -我可以上车吗
- It is, miss. - Then may I board it now?
当然 小姐 六先令
Indeed you may, miss, for six shillings.
没人有意见吧
No-one here's got any objections, have they?
我身上没钱
I... I have no money on my person,
我不习惯身上带钱
剧集 | 桑迪顿 | 导航列表