剧集 | 桑迪顿 | 导航列表
你告诉我 你们马上就要举办婚礼
You told me a wedding was imminent.
她的家产就是你的了
That her fortune was as good as yours.
否则我也不会让他欠下这笔债
I'd never have let him run up such a debt otherwise!
我只是想拖一点时间
All I wanted was to buy a little time.
要是我早知道
If I'd known for even a moment...
不论这个男人说了什么
Whatever this man has told you,
他和我的被监护人素不相识
he and my ward are barely acquainted.
他无权提她的名字
He has no right to invoke her name.
确实有点无礼 先生
An impertinence indeed, sir.
我想让你立马告诉我她的下落
So, I would ask you to share her whereabouts with me at once.
不论莫利纽先生欠了你什么 都不关她的事
Whatever debts Mr Molyneux owes, they are not her concern.
也不关他的事了
They're no longer his neither.
有位先生答应帮他连本带息地还清债务
A gentleman has agreed to pay the debt in full, with interest.
哪位先生
Which gentleman?
他把她卖♥♥了 那个恶棍把她卖♥♥了
He has sold her. The villain has sold her.
-什么 -作为承诺买♥♥下债务的交换
- What? - In return for a promise to buy his debt,
她被交给了一个叫霍华德的浪荡之人
she has been handed to some dissolute named Howard.
现在他拖着她到圣坛结婚
Even now he'll be dragging her to an altar.
圣坛
An altar?
没有你的允许 这是不可以的
That cannot be allowed without your permission.
不是 越过边境就没有这样的法律规定
No, there are no such laws across the border.
在那他们能结婚 而且不受惩罚
There they will marry you with impunity.
要是你之前同意让我们结婚就好了
Had you only allowed us to marry...
你怪我
You would blame me?
是你毁了她
It is you that has ruined her.
我应该此时此刻就替她报仇
I should avenge her honour right here and now.
住手
Stop!
住手
Stop!
这又有什么用呢
What good will that do?
滚出我的视线
Get out of my sight.
快
Now!
我们不能放弃
We cannot give up.
我不相信我们已经失去她了
I cannot accept that she is lost to us.
你想怎么做
And what do you suggest we do?
他们肯定是在去苏格兰的路上
They will be halfway to Scotland by now.
要是不是呢
But what if they're not?
你说比克罗夫特只是收到了付款的承诺
You said Mr Beecroft had only received a promise of payment.
他听起来不像那种
He doesn't sound like the kind of man
没拿到钱
who would give her up
就会放她走的人
unless he was already in receipt of the money.
那有没有可能
Well, is there not a chance
她还在他手上
at least that he is still holding her?
说不定就在伦敦某处
Somewhere in London, even?
你说的应该没错
Perhaps you're right.
比克罗夫特先生在德鲁里巷有间公♥寓♥
Mr Beecroft owns a boarding house near Drury Lane.
快走
Come on!
坦白说 我从没想像过你的相貌
I confess I gave no thought to how you might look.
这可能无关紧要
It seemed beside the point.
但我感到非常惊喜
But I am pleasantly surprised.
你这么年轻 有别样的异域之美
You have a youthful, exotic charm about you.
你这头令人作呕的猪
You are a disgusting pig.
天啊
Upon my word!
恐怕她有些莽撞 霍华德先生
I fear she is somewhat spirited, Mr Howard.
她需要严加看管
She will require a firm hand.
不用
No matter.
在此之前我驯服过太多匹马了
I have broken enough horses before now.
驯服妻子应该不算什么
I suspect a wife is not so different.
告诉比克罗夫特先生 这个已经签好了
Mr Beecroft will find this in order.
有一位奥提斯·莫利纽先生
There is a gentleman named Otis Molyneux.
银行支票
记着这个名字
Remember his name.
只要他知道了这些
Because when he hears of this,
就会找到你 再要了你的命
he will find you and he will kill you.
我可太害怕了
I am not too afeared!
就是莫利纽先生 把你交出来给他还债的
Given it was Mr Molyneux who offered you up to pay his debts.
听名字就知道是个没出息的赌棍
Feckless gambler by the sounds of it.
没关系
No matter.
现在你已经属于我了
You are mine now.
看看你们
Look at you.
围在床边上 一个个跟警犬似的
Clustered round the bed like bloodhounds.
耳朵竖着 等不及要听我垂死呻♥吟♥
Ears cocked for my death rattle!
天啊 姑母
Oh, good Lord, Aunt.
你怎么能这么想
How could you even think such a thing?
你们等也白等
Well, you'll be waiting in vain.
我可不会让你们...
I won't give you the...
称心如意
..The satisfaction!
别瞎忙了 姑娘
Don't fuss, child!
我好得很
I am perfectly well.
就是小感冒 没大事
It is a head cold, that is all.
再给我点海水
More seawater!
我觉得我的精神头已经回来了
Well, I feel my strength returning already...
我不是打击您 姑母
I do not doubt your resolve, Aunt,
可是褔赫斯医生认为您病得很重
but Dr Fuchs believes you are gravely ill.
他当然会这么说
Well, he would, wouldn't he?
这么说完全符合他的利益
It's entirely in his interest to say so.
您会痊愈的 我们深信不疑 姑母
We have every faith that you'll make a full recovery, Aunt.
但是 为了让您安心
But, just for your peace of mind,
您看我们要不要给您找一个牧师还是律师
will you allow us to fetch you a priest, or a solicitor?
我两个都不需要
I have no use for either.
我是怎么看医学的 就是怎么看宗教
I have as much faith in religion as I do in medicine.
就是说我哪个都不信
Which is to say none!
律师我已经委托好了
And my solicitor has been instructed.
他知道我的遗嘱存放在何处
He knows exactly where I keep my will.
但是遗嘱派不上用场
Not that it will be needed...
再过几十年也不用
..For decades to come.
据我对他的了解 他是个只做过一次错事的好人
As I see it, he is a good man who made one terrible mistake.
他是个嗜赌成性的赌棍
He is an inveterate gambler.
除了比克罗夫特以外他还有好几个债主
He has several debtors beside Beecroft.
奥提斯无意让乔治亚娜涉险
Otis never meant to place Georgiana in harm's way.
我也是
Any more than I did.
但你们都害了她
And yet you both did.
我从来只在乎乔治亚娜的幸福
All I ever cared about was Georgiana's happiness.
你觉得我在乎的是什么
What do you think I care about?
这谁能猜得到
That is anyone's guess!
对乔治亚娜 我已经竭尽所能做到最好了
I have done the best I can by Georgiana.
你没有 你处处逃避责任
No. At every turn you've abdicated responsibility.
如果你真的在乎她的幸福
If you truly cared for her welfare,
你就应该亲自照料她
you would have watched over her yourself.
这个身份并非我所求 亦非我所愿
It's a role I neither sought nor asked for.
当然了
Of course not!
因为你决计要当个局外人
Because you are determined to remain an outlier.
你一丁点真心都不付出
God forbid you give something of yourself.
你别自以为能猜透我的心思 海伍德小姐
Please, do not presume to know my mind, Miss Heywood...
谁能猜透你的心思呢
How can anyone know your mind?
你有什么烦恼都是自己扛
You take pains to be unknowable.
我只知道你禁止
All I know is that you cannot bear the idea
两个人相爱
of two people being in love.
那么你对爱情又有多少了解
And what do you know of love,
除开你从书里读到的
apart from what you have read?
我要是说了 就要么是幼稚要么不体谅人
I would sooner be naive than insensible of feeling.
在你看来 我就是这样的人吗
Is that really what you think of me?
很抱歉给你造成这样的印象
I am sorry that you think that.
我要是你想象中的那种人 不知比现在要好过多少
How much easier my life would have been if I were.
爱德华 你在干什么
Edward, what are you doing?
你也听见了
You heard her.
她说律师知道遗嘱存放在哪里
Her solicitor knows where she keeps the will.
那我们就能找得到
And so should we.
如果遗嘱已经拟好了
Well, if the will is already written,
我们也做不了什么吧
then surely there's nothing to be done?
我们当然可以做点什么
Of course there is.
只要她还有口气 我们就有机会改遗嘱
剧集 | 桑迪顿 | 导航列表